Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats (33969 Views)

Fruity Loops Remakes Of Popular Songs / Help Me Unlock My Fruity Loop 8 Demo! / Fruity Loops Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2009
[b]yes its ofoka back in the building nairaland style .BY SPECIAL REQUEST AND THRU NUMEROUS MAILS FROM VARIOUS PEOPLE WHO REQUEST THAT I TEACH EM HOW TO MAKE BEATS , I AM NOW BRINGING THIS THREAD TO SHOW ALL AND SUNDRY HOW EXTREMELY EASY IT IS TO BE CREATIVE WITH BEATS ,
HERE IS THE PREAMBLE  grin
After my success in the rap threads teaching a novice female rapper by name ''Gabry''and taking her thru ofoka's nairaland school of rapping , and turning her into a sick rapper in less than 2 months i discovered that i would do well as a teacher /lecturer  grin grin
.right now i would like to involve my useful nl time in something that will be of value to young nigerians , nairalanders, upcoming producers , artists and music lovers and beat makers alike ,
FIRST THING WE WOULD BE USING IS FRUITY LOOPS 8 DOWNLOAD IT FREE ONLINE

if u have any question about making beats drop it here i will answer all of yall.
if u want to know the instruments used in any song i mean any song at all , ask i will answer

I WILL BE TAKING U THRU STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW BEATS ARE MADE WITH REAL EXAMPLES USING FLP FILES AND YES WE WOULD BE UPLOADING REAL FLP FILES (FRUITY LOOPS FILE) TO ENABLE ANYONE INTERESTED LEARN HOW EVERY PART OF THE BEAT IS MADE , REAL NIGERIAN PRODUCERS WILL BE COMING IN TO GIVE EXPERT KNOWLEDGE AND SCHOOL YALL.
SO TO ALL MY TRUE MUSIC LOVERS WHO LOVES AND APPRECIATE THE POWER OF MUSIC FOR REAL THIS IS OUR CORNER, THIS THREAD WILL MAKE THE HOMEPAGE AS TIME AND LECTURE PROGRESSES, LETS GET IT POPPIN. NAIRALAND STYLEE!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN YOU ALL ARE WELCOME TO ::
OFOKA teaches nigerians and nairalanders how to make music beats .
THE OFOKA LECTURE SERIES 1. LETS GET IT POPPIN grin[/b]
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
yes full tutorials start tomorrow ,
i can see everyone itching to start making beats .this is gon be a blockbuster .
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by rapjunkie(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2009
i am sitting in the front row of the class for this one    grin
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2009
ofoka u be omo ode!!!
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2009
DAY 1 FIRST LECTURE -class in full session.
yes CLASS, we gonna start with basic drum patterns , open ur fruity loops 8 , u should SEE THE FOLLOWING :"

1. kick
2. clap
3. hat
4 .snare

first thing is to set ur tempo to 105 most hiphop beats use tempo of like 85 to 140 , r n b beats use tempo of 90 downwards.raggeton beats use 110-140 bpm etc.

on the kick row , u will see 16 empty small boxes ,
starting from the left highlight (click) 1st, 7th , 9th and 11th
on the clap row highlight boxes 5 and 13th
on the hat row hghlight boxes 12, 13 ,14, 15 ,16

now what do u hear ?? a basic beat right ? thats ur first beat , congrats u have just made ur first basic drum pattern

next lecture is making advanced drum patterns , adding the piano, bells , effects like gunshots
bass and other musical instruments .
meanwhile go thru ur fruity loops, practice and come back to tell me what u have learnt today.
NOTE:
we will be making beat patterns like u hear in a dr dre song or in a dirty south lil john crunk timbaland, hi-tek 9th wonder, kanye ,raggaeton songs, gangsta hiphop, r n b , trance , raggae songs etc
dont worry students , we will be covering the beat patterns of well known producers like dj premo, scott scorch, swiss beats , timbaland, dr dre, alchemist, souljah boi, (turn my swag on beat) etc etc .as well as sampling .
Also we will be doing step by step fruity loop remakes of well known beats akon beats , crunk beats , lil wayne fat joe lean back , the game beats , the dream beats r n b beats etc etc.

ok guys get ready for the next lecture making crunk/dirty style drum pattern , remember the snare rolls and drum rolls ??, i will be showing u step by step how to make that .
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
if yall need the flp file let me know, the lectures are kicking off smoothly
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by RotannaEze(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2009
Sorry i was not in one of your classes,am a newcomer but i can catch-up fast and well.So let's roll the dice mate.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2009
ok rotanna u are welcome to my class too.
ok guys we would be starting today's lecture in 5minutes ,
open ur fl8 and get ready plus we would be uploading our first flp file. wink
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2009
LECTURE DAY 3-STRINGS AND PAD TUTORIAL
TODAY WE GON TALK ABOUT STRINGS AND MELODIES
THIS IS GOOD FOR MAKING MELODIES ,,,MELODIES ARE THE REALHEART OF SONGS,. CHECK OUT THE ATTACHED FL FILE , THEN WE WILL COME BACK TO CONTINUE OUR NEXT LECTURE -PADS.AND SYNTHS.

download here to see how it was made here
http://rapidshare.com/files/257477297/foka_nairaland_fruity_loops_strings_N_PAD_tutorial.zip

YALL CAN MAKE COMMENTS and observations then we continue
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by obinna5000(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2009
@Ofokasibe
Interesting.
Let me build something from this. I'll post here later today. But I'm going to reduce the tempo of the project.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by obinna5000(m): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2009
I added some kicks and snares. Strings and PAD patterns remain unchaged. Its just for tutorial purpose sha.
http://www.zshare.net/download/628693741e9d25b0/
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by RotannaEze(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2009
Impressive i must say.Am working on something too from that third lecture,when am done i will get to share it.
This school is da bomb.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2009
obinna i didnt know u were the one that added me on facebook. i have added u too.good looks men
, holla at me men, and the kicks and drums u added is awesome ,,,now i am glad i am not alone ,a lotta people are def gonna learn from this fl lectures .first of its kind on nl
and thats what giving back to the soceity is all about ,
rotanna and obinna .i appreciate ur presence here guys. and we are going to start from scratch and even upload remakes of well known songs,
.expect the following the flp remakes of lean back
,1. the lean back terror squad melody,
2. lil wayne gangsta snare rolls
3. full flp remake of timbaland' indian flute and many more

hopefully we will all improve our skills and be as dope as terry g , don jazzy , dr frabs and correct producers.
this thread is the bomb! well done guys ! lets get it poppin

@rotanna
upload ur kicks and snare , lets see how hot ur pattern is before we move on to the next lecture.

@everyone
yall can ask for special flp remakes or even request for an flp file. we will all see how we can work together to make it out, its gettin hot and interesting in here . this thread is definitely gon be the bomb

where is lalaboi i know lala has fruity too. lala oya show up o.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2009
LECTURE DAY 4
ok guys i am glad to have obinna and rotanna as the new house guests ,
together with everyone we will be running this thread together from now on,
.obinna gave us lecture 3-drums i.e snare , kick and hi-hat n clap
now we are moving to lecture 4 and its gon be called 3OSC/drum intro lecture,,, this is just to add a funky accent and bounce to give the best a more gangsta , funky , hiphop crunkish feel.
ladies and gentlemen put on ur fruity looops 8 as i present LECTURE 4 -3osc

download link is here http://rapidshare.com/files/257579774/ofoka_obi5000testing_nairaland_lecture_4.zip

ps when opening the file in fruity . click on file then open then choose the file so that it loads the drumkits too

anybody can pick this and work on it then reupload 4 us to see too , lets see how creative yall can be .
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 3:27am On Jul 20, 2009
LECTURE DAY 4
now we are moving to lecture 4 and its gon be called 3OSC/drum intro lecture,,, this is just to add a funky accent and bounce to give the best a more gangsta , funky , hiphop crunkish feel.

download link is here http://rapidshare.com/files/257579774/ofoka_obi5000testing_nairaland_lecture_4.zip

ps when opening the file in fruity . click on file then open then choose the file so that it loads the drumkits too

anybody can pick this and work on it then reupload 4 us to see too , lets see how creative yall can be .
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by kaym2: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2009
ofokasibe:

LECTURE DAY 4

wow this is great . i didnt know it was this simple. ofoka you are doing a good job.
i will start making beats too now.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by frijos(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ofox babay! u at it again men ur brilliant! keep it up we really appreciate this I already know all this beat making stuff etc but wat u doing definitely gon add value to people u can drop ur bank a/c info for those of us who wish to encourage u with anything we got man! cheers! i'll be the first to drop something into ur a/C N i hope others benefiting from this follow suit.Hola!
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by obinna5000(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
3OSC plugin is used in creating synth and lead sounds. There's the sinusoidal, ping-pong, zig-zag and saw patterns to create beats.

I added a snare-808 sound to the beat.
http://www.zshare.net/download/629173869a7f0433/

If you have any question to ask please feel free to ask Ofokasibe or Obinna5000.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
nice , lecture 5 coming up soon.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
ok put on ur fruity loops 8 yall.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2009
obinna5000:

3OSC plugin is used in creating synth and lead sounds. There's the sinusoidal, ping-pong, zig-zag and saw patterns to create beats.

I added a snare-808 sound to the beat.
http://www.zshare.net/download/629173869a7f0433/

If you have any question to ask please feel free to ask Ofokasibe or Obinna5000.
nice
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2009
ok gearing up 4d next lecture
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by osasp(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2009
wohoo
im jumping on this one full swing

ive had fl studio 4 ages but cudnt do jack cos of the complex settings,

lawd have you tried reason?
now that is haaarrdd

ima be watching this space
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 7:42am On Jul 29, 2009
YEAH AM BACK
DO YALL WANT THE LECTURE TO CONTINUE NOW?? signify if u want it to continue.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by samdee01: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2009
yes ride on with the lectures.
pls i can you give me a link to download full fruity loops 8 b/s the on i have a a trial version thanks
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by rockyfela(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2009
ofokosibe pls continue. Many people like me have been following the lectures without posting on here. I appreciate it. Where can i download full version of FL 8. I have the demo version only. thanks.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by obinna5000(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2009
Always remeber that each genre of music (Rap, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Pop, Dancehall, Rock, etc) has a particular drum pattern they follow. So when trying to create your drums, you must know the type of genre of music you want to produce.

Lecture 5 coming up pretty soon. Hold on to your horses.
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 30, 2009
Good. I'm gonna use here as refernce when i resume my beat slaugter.

anyone not talking about soundfonts?
does anyone know how i can get T.I steel trumpet soundfonts?
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2009
the soundfont /plugin lecture is coming up much later , thats when i finish with the basics for people who have no conc experience,

@ baba early
i have just about any soundfont /plugin u can ever think of
,, holla at me on bjpumpindogg at yahoo if u wanna share soundfonts and plugins. the T-i trumpet is a bolland steel trumpet , u can also get it in the 27mm gort and super jurgen soundbanks. jerrymania i see u ! ; wink

@ nairaland fruity class
the class is continuing with R N B BEAT -PIANO /CHORD/BEAT ARRANGEMENT
R N B are beats like neyo , aliyah, rihanna, rkelly type of beats , we have finished with the first part of the crunk dirty south lil jon snare beats for now . we will continue with advanced crunk /dirty south beats later
right now we are moving ahead in the class right about now. its time for R N B beat lecture , gurls would like this . grin
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by ofokasibe: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2009
the soundfont /plugin lecture is coming up much later , thats when i finish with the basics for people who have no conc experience,

@ baba early
i have just about any soundfont /plugin u can ever think of
,, holla at me on bjpumpindogg at yahoo if u wanna share soundfonts and plugins. the T-i trumpet is a bolland steel trumpet , u can also get it in the 27mm gort and super jurgen soundbanks. jerrymania i see u ! ; Wink

@ nairaland fruity class
the class is continuing with R N B BEAT -PIANO /CHORD/BEAT ARRANGEMENT
R N B are beats like neyo , aliyah, rihanna, rkelly type of beats , we have finished with the first part of the crunk dirty south lil jon snare beats for now . we will continue with advanced crunk /dirty south beats later
right now we are moving ahead in the class right about now. its time for R N B beat lecture , gurls would like this
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by timmyoj(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2009
@ofokasibe hey man u are doing a nice work, i've been following the lectures too. i really appreciate.i've been using fl for a while though but not as a professional.i hope i'll be 1 after the lectures. thanks a lot man
Re: NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats by timmyoj(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2009
Here is a link to download the fl 8 crack patch http://www.zshare.net/download/63379080d9d4562f/
[url]http://www.zshare.net/download/63379080d9d4562f/
[/url] It will register fl 8 n it becomes a full xxl version with save capability. just download the program, copy it to the fl 8 installation directory and run the program, click patch and its done.u can now enjoy a full version.i'm using it now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Mp3 Musics To Dawnload / Just Released - 9ice, New Album, Titled "red Eye Moda Foker" / Maroon 5 – Animals Mp3 DOWNLOAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.