Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption (21478 Views)

How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
dammytosh:

Awesome car ?

Yes absolutely awesome.

It is equiped with all the information needed

I can get Miles covered from when i buy 60litres of fuel.

I can get hours the engine ran after buying it

I can get miles covered after buying the fuel

Or what has gradient and all the crap u mentioned got to do with knowing how many miles it took me to use 60litres of fuel besides the automatic calculation done by the car.

Please don't stress me, i did not stress this much to negotiate to buy d awesome car grin

I am talking about a car that has auto park assist. youtube that before u start arguing on simple calculation.

Meaning you don't know, simple.
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by 9icetoo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
laksides:
I swear, he no go better for poverty
its not poverty. its about knowing how much you spend on certain things. folks about who are way better off and earn more still care to know how much they spend on petrol, diesel or transport fares. it will help in making a budget. it will actually help you plan your expenses, save more, detect when your vehicle is having issues and a whole lot more. it takes less than two minutes to work out the maths.
two minutes isn't a long time now, is it?
a lot of folks in Nigeria cry about poverty cos they have never sat down to work out how much they earn, how much they spend and what they spend it on.
information as minute as this will actually help one in planning.
my 2 cents.
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by 9icetoo(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Tayo2014:
What of situation when you are in traffic for hours
minutes or hours is spent idling the car in traffic will reduce the miles or kilos your petrol can take you. it all factors in.
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by swagifted(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
OP na stingy man. Who get time to dey calculate how much fuel consumed or calculating mpg. Asakasa
you'v not being a victim of fraudulent filling stations before
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by moyinoluwabun(m): 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
swagifted:
you'v not being a victim of fraudulent filling stations before
I have. Decided not to go back to d gas station and not sitting down to calculate fuel consumption.
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by Kennydoc(m): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Highvotage:

Also, aside economic whatever you mentioned bros, if this mpg of a stuff is not important to car user or anyhow, why is the car makers always put it on the details of the vehicle?
The problem of many of us in Nigeria is proud, how on it earth you tell me that is poverty that made me watched how man money is being spent? how on earth you tell me not to collect my change at filling station because is peanut?
Hmmmm! God bless our enlightenment.

Hahaha. No be lie o.
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by swagifted(m): 12:03am On Mar 05, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
I have. Decided not to go back to d gas station and not sitting down to calculate fuel consumption.
all am saying is, if you are good with numbers, taking note of d mileage stats can help you decode when your car is acting funny...
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by Orion21: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2016
AutosBay:
Know that the equation for fuel consumption is "Miles Driven divided by Amount of Gas Used." A car's fuel consumption is a measure of miles driven per gallon of gas. If you know the distance you drove and how many gallons fit in your tank, you can simply divide the miles by the gas to get your "miles per gallon," or mpg.
You can perform the same calculation with kilometers and liters as well.
The best time to record is right after you fill your car with gas.

@ op calculation is theoretically correct.. bt lemme wake u up to the fact that in this 9Ja, make Ikorodu traffic catch u first cry. ur metter no dey read ooh . bt ur tank don empty.
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by ikefor(m): 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
fuelly.com

Mr. Jossy
2007 prius 1NZ-FXE
2010 prius 2ZR-FXE
hybrids dot com dot ng
Re: Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption by jidehis: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
LOOOOOOOOOL smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abu Dhabi-based Tawazun Invests ₦45b In Russian Aurus Car Brand / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Are Expired / How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.