Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? (444348 Views)

Is Perfect White Cream Safe? / How Good Is Easy White Body Lotion / Charisma Glow- How Good Is It Compared To Mary Kay Eventone Cream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by palebobe(f): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2009
ladies, i hail. my twin sis is using the fair and white cream in pink pack and the soap in blue pack {exclusive}. it seems good on her. am sure most of you know am having troubles trying to get a good cream that suits me. shld i try this one? it does not have hydroquinine or kojic acid, so am wondering what the toning ingredient is. does anyone know?? please help, i wuld be xtremly grateful.
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by SeanT21(f): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
This??

Give it a try and see if it works for U wink

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by palebobe(f): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2009
hers is the skin perfector cream.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by SeanT21(f): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
so basically its for bleaching or toning??
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2009
is this a bleaching cream, cos that looks like all those creams they sell in those black shops over here but would not dare sell them in places like Tesco and the like.

I'm just saying o, there are other ways to tone
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by palebobe(f): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2009
I dnt think it is a bleaching cream cos it does nt contain all dose bleaching stuff. I have gone tru the contents.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by palebobe(f): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2009
I dnt think it is a bleaching cream cos it does nt contain all dose bleaching stuff. I have gone tru the contents.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by funkybaby(f): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2009
i used this cream (fair and white) a few years back.

it was recommended to me after i got back from nysc orientation camp @ jos.

the weather at jos coupled with the horrible living conditions on camp wrecked havoc on my skin. i noticed there was no hydroquinine labelled on the bottle but i did have my suspicions about it cos it smelt kinda funny and besides the name of the cream - 'fair and white' screams ''bleaching cream''

anyway, after using about a quarter of the bottle, it brought back a healthy glow to my skin but left my feet very darkkkkk. i noticed this and i stopped using the cream. it took several bottles of dove mosturising/vaseline intensive lotion to get my feet back to it's original complexion.

in my own opinion, it is a bleaching/toning cream. simple!

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by palebobe(f): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2009
@ronniq, so wat r d other ways?lol
@funkybaby, my twin sis's feet is nt bad cos she uses BIO-OIL. She said its gd cos she just came bk frm service(adamawa) and she said it helped her.
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by palebobe(f): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2009
@ronniq, so wat r d other ways?lol
@funkybaby, my twin sis's feet is nt bad cos she uses BIO-OIL. She said its gd cos she just came bk frm service(adamawa) and she said it helped her.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
One way is to be patient with whatever skin care regime ur using as these things take time.

If I were you invest in Clinique 3 step program.

Trust me this stuff works – after using it for 3 months someone asked me if I was bleaching – which I wasn’t cos I don’t bleach and it’s not my fault I have a good complexion tone – anyway back to topic.

What it does is bring out the best in ur face – brightens it, smoothes it and give you a much clearer glowing complexion – trust me when u wear ur make up you will notice the difference. I bought the full set in December and have not looked back since. Don’t know how much they sell it in Nigeria but it is a bit pricy here – but for the results I am willing to go without food to get the stuff.

Currently contemplating buying the total turnaround cream…………………hmmmmm not sure yet.

http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/products/3step_landing.tmpl

1 - Liquid Facial Soap
All the benefits of Clinique's famous dermatologist-developed facial soap in a liquid formula. Preps skin for the exfoliating action of Clarifying Lotion. Convenient pump dispenses just the right amount.

2 - Clarifying Lotion 3
Sweeps away dead surface skin cells on oily skin. Skin appears smoother, softer, with more light-reflecting qualities.

3 - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel/Lotion
Skin's moisture "drink". Helps replenish lost moisture. Skin looks fresher and healthier. Leaves no residue. Safe to use around eye area. Comforts and smoothes the skin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
a black person is using a cream called Fair & white, and So White?

Just when you think you've heard it all.

Black soap (dudu osun) can give you the same effect as fair & white you know. That's the paradox of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2009
this is sad.

someone is proud to admit their self hate on a public forum.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Sissy3(f): 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2009
THE AMAKA:

this is sad.

someone is proud to admit their self hate on a public forum.

who
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2009
the person who posted this thread in the first place.
she is obviously discussing bleaching cream.
someone else said they used it and it messed up their feet, so they discontinued use.
this is obvious she is talking about bleaching cream.

someone willing to openly admit their self hate.

the poster of this topic has yet to say otherwise, so what do you think?
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Sissy3(f): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2009
THE AMAKA:

the person who posted this thread in the first place.
she is obviously discussing bleaching cream.
someone else said they used it and it messed up their feet, so they discontinued use.
this is obvious she is talking about bleaching cream.

someone willing to openly admit their self hate.

the poster of this topic has yet to say otherwise, so what do you think?

she's looking for suggestions, as you can read from her post she said. she's been looking a good cream since, and seeing the one her sis is using and effects wanted to know peoples opinion on it. and whether it contains any bleaching/toning indigent. which Funkybaby says it didnt work for her, which is understandable because even if it contained bleaching or not, everybody's skin is different what might work for you, wouldnt for me. she might not be necessarily looking to bleach her skin, so i think you were rushing to premature conclusion when you said she's self hating. you could suggest any good cream out there for her to try.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by chasisdoll: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
I also used it but am having a bit problem. it makes me feel heat. but its good

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by chasisdoll: 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2010
most cream do affect the hand or leg but it depends on the product. i once use slvoclair and it messed my hand, ever since i have been looking for a good cream to correct it because looking at my hand u will think i am bleaching but am not. i have spots that looks fairly than my hand and my middle hand looks darker. so if u also have any ideal cream please i will love to know. but i still like fair and white

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by ifele(m): 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2010
Why cant some black people be satisfied with what God has given instead of brutalising their skins with all kinds of foreign made toning chemicals.

These so called "toning" creams damage a persons skin and later complexion. I have seen some bleachers who made themselves so ugly from using

these chemicals its so horrible to see. Bleachers also smell very bad when the sweat.
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by iyin(f): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
I'm a dark skinned lady. And ave been using the Fair & White thingy for two years now, and it worked pretty well on me, toned my skin a lil and gave me this shimmering look, just brought out my beuty. But what I noticed was that after I stoped for a while before using a recommended one i.e. Neutrogena, I became so dark than never before. The Irony of Fair & White is that you can't stop, when u start using it. But well, its also nice compared to the Neutrogena I used, never minding the nasty smell it gives.
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Dorammy(f): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
i used SO WHITE for almost 1 year and 6 months and it was really nice on me, my feet was not dark and all that, i used the exfoliating soap and moisturizer, i also used olay classic something with SPF 15, i have forgotten the name (have been looking for that cream for a while now). i started using them in 2008 and i looked really nice, and glowing but somehow i got tired of it, dont know why exactly but i have a feeling its making my skin thinner, infact i got bored using same thing esp when i couldnt find the Olay moisturizer i was adding to the cream. but its really nice. am sure abt the soap and the moisturizer. the serum is rubbish if u ask me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Bella87(f): 5:39am On Oct 14, 2010
iyin:

I'm a dark skinned lady. And ave been using the Fair & White thingy for two years now, and it worked pretty well on me, toned my skin a lil and gave me this shimmering look, just brought out my beuty. But what I noticed was that after I stoped for a while before using a recommended one i.e. Neutrogena, I became so dark than never before. The Irony of Fair & White is that you can't stop, when u start using it. But well, its also nice compared to the Neutrogena I used, never minding the nasty smell it gives.

so ur "beauty" was hidden until u started bleaching? na wa o,  ever heard of skin cancer?

some blacks bleach to be lighter, some whites tan to be darker, hmm!! serious self-esteem issues
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by iyin(f): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2010
Bella87:

so your "beauty" was hidden until u started bleaching? na wa o, ever heard of skin cancer?

some blacks bleach to be lighter, some whites tan to be darker, hmm!! serious self-esteem issues

Didn't get me right I guess, read again (no offence). I was only pointing out the excellence of Fair & White. I didn't mention it bleached me, it only brought out my colour making it shining. Moreover, I ave frendz hu used fair and white, they are as dark as I am, and didn't even change their colours for once, it only maintained their colour. Its pretty good for a product.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by kieryn(f): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2010
If you enjoy your skin being two-toned, blotchy then this the right cream for you! Oh dont you look beautiful sad
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by naijadiva2(f): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2010
SMH at this thread.

anything called fair and light, so white, white and clear or whatever, if the title uses words that indicates being brighter, "toned", clear is bleaching cream in my opinion, I don't care if it has hydroquinone or not, not using it. and yes it will thin your skin out as someone brought out in the post above. you are weakening your skin (for lack of better phrase). OUr color is ment as a protection for us and adds to our beaury. Using all these products prevents your skin from doing what it needs to do thats why many bleachers become 2-toned or darker then they were b4.
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Chantalle: 11:19am On Jun 05, 2011
I used in 2006 when it came out recently in UK and my legs became white cause they were always covered. But if you do not want to become blick (slang for darker than black) do not use it on face or any part of skin exposed to day light. The slightest sunshine darkens the skin. My face became five shades darker with this product. My legs became white rosy. So I stopped using it after it made my face darker.
I liked the results in the legs.
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by missBosslady(f): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2011
Hello nairalanders,pls can anyone tell me where I can get aveeno sunblock lotion for face spf70? I used it and it worked wonders for my face,and it also did a very good job as a sunscreen.haven't found it anywhere else,and the ones I've found are expired.does anyone know any shop in lagos that stocks this sunblock lotion? And not the expired ones pls!

I'll b so grateful for ur feedback.thanks!

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by adaezefav(f): 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
gud day all, Pls am kinda confused here. Dnt knw wat to use any more, I use fair and white so white (d pink one) along the line i was introduce to body white. Av any one use body white before? Is it good?

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by zolzlolz(f): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2011
naija_diva:

SMH at this thread.

anything called fair and light, so white, white and clear or whatever, if the title uses words that indicates being brighter, "toned", clear is bleaching cream in my opinion, I don't care if it has hydroquinone or not, not using it. and yes it will thin your skin out as someone brought out in the post above. you are weakening your skin (for lack of better phrase). OUr color is ment as a protection for us and adds to our beaury. Using all these products prevents your skin from doing what it needs to do thats why many bleachers become 2-toned or darker then they were b4.

tsk tsk tsk, black people will never learn. And it will be after their faces are scarred that they will start to regret. God will teach the ignorant!!
Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by MissyB3(f): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2011
[img]http://www.houseofbeauty.ca/v/vspfiles/photos/Fair%20and%20White%20Ultra%20Cream-0.jpg[/img]
This is the Fair & White I use, and no, it doesn't bleach me and it's just perfect for my skin.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Fair And White " So White" Cream & "Exclusive" Soap? by Adefilami: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2011
I also tried so white, the cream bleached me and darkened some part of my leg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Ankara Styles / Nigerian Female Celebrities Wearing Native Outfits ( Photos ) / Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.