Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) (2409 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by kurt09(m): 8:54am On Mar 04, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde
Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that
he could provide uninterrupted power
supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.
Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power
Project (IPP), the fifth of such power
projects in the last five years in the state.
The governor said the addition of the
Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that
stable power does not require rocket
science to achieve in the country.
While challenging power distribution
companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let
the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me,
giving part of their concessioning to the
state government, in about six to eight
months, there will be power in all homes
in Lagos State,” Fashola said.
He added, “So, let no one say that he has
no money to deliver power for the entire
country. This is the limit to which the law
allows us to do, but we have done this to
make a statement that power can be
generated. So, when they come with lies
that power is impossible, you can tell
them that we have power here; we make
it possible”.
The project, courtesy of the state
government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said
he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point. He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”
Also, General Manager, Lagos State
Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said
the state had shown that reliable and
sustainable power projects are possible
through the youths.
Ogunbiyi said though it had been a
successful story, the state was just
scratching the surface in its “aggressive
development plan” in the area of power.
Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro
noted that the new IPP was an innovative
idea of world-class natural gas-fired
power generating facility, sold to the
government by youths and it was bought
into, to support government institutions,
especially in the area of water supply and security.
The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the
capacity for 30 megawatts.
This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47
megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.
The generated megawatts is however still
a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.
On his part, the State Commissioner in
the Ministry of Energy and Mineral
Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new
addition was about continuity in public
infrastructure programme of the state
government.

www.independentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Trendy247: 8:57am On Mar 04, 2016
Still campaigning in office... Kontinu

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by babyfaceafrica: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
K
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by StOla: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
Why this old news now packaged like it is a current goal of the power ministry?

OP you are just a rabble rouser.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, kindly edit the title to reflect the news was from Governor Fashola not Minister Fashola.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
So unfortunate we've been scammed embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by APCcrimesHD: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2016
kie kie kie...the guy don see mafia

5 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by tempem: 9:00am On Mar 04, 2016
You aren't running an election, you know. You are in already, be careful with your words..

That word "boast" is annoying self.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Young03(m): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2016
story for the . .

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Goke7: 9:01am On Mar 04, 2016
StOla:
Why this old news now packaged like it is a current goal of the power ministry?

OP you are just a rabble rouser.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, kindly edit the title to reflect the news was from Governor Fashola not Minister Fashola.

the thread should be cancelled cos its misleading before the wailers will take advantage of an old news item

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by kurt09(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2016
More
Don't Accept Excuses for Power Failure,
Fashola Tells Nigerians
www.starconnectmedia.com/2014/10/29/dont-accept-excuses-for-power-failure-fashola-tells-nigerians/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Trendy247: 9:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Zombies how una dey?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2016
Slave Fashola only said what his task masters asked him to say.
Shame on him that he cant even deliver ordinary light for 10hrs a day.
#FASHOLAWHEREISTHELIGHT#

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by rottennaija(m): 9:25am On Mar 04, 2016
When we Nigerians will deliberately sabotage their effort, by blowing gas pipeline, destroy transmission lines and then will come back to shout no light ? We are our own worst enemy

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by rottennaija(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2016
kurt09:
More
Don't Accept Excuses for Power Failure,
Fashola Tells Nigerians
www.starconnectmedia.com/2014/10/29/dont-accept-excuses-for-power-failure-fashola-tells-nigerians/

He is only in that job for about 4 months, especially with the mess the PDP government left behind. So, stop crying nonsense, allow him to work

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by rottennaija(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2016
kurt09:

it possible”.
government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point. He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”
through the youths.
megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.
government.

www.independentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

Besides, he was talking about Lagos, not Nigeria and he did a lot there, 5 IPP under 5 years. It's different for a whole country with so much vested interested by many group. Allow the man to work, he has only been there for about 4 months

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by kurt09(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2016
rottennaija:

He is only in that job for about 4 months, especially with the mess the PDP government left behind. So, stop crying nonsense, allow him to work
Swerve! Just a reminder.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by kurt09(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2016
rottennaija:

Besides, he was talking about Lagos, not Nigeria and he did a lot there, 5 IPP under 5 years. It's different for a whole country with so much vested interested by many group. Allow the man to work, he has only been there for about 4 months
. The last time I checked power is still unstable in Lagos, after his 8yrs regime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by iamrealdeji(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2016
rottennaija:
When we Nigerians will deliberately sabotage their effort, by blowing gas pipeline, destroy transmission lines and then will come back to shout no light ? We are our own worst enemy
where you got it wrong is that no country in this world is free from racketeers,saboteurs and pipeline vandals,only if infrastructures are well secured,such practices wouldn't be carried out. Have you asked yourself why such practices are being carried out and how our infrastructures are not properly protected? Government is our problem. Leave your shop opened in America and tell me thieves wouldn't come in to steal your goods. But you have to secure your properties well to ensure they're safe
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by henryutd(m): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2016
But the man hasn't spent 8months. We will crucify him after one year.

Talk is cheap. Little did he know that he would become the power minister after that statement. We will soon know who was lying then.

Karma is real.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by free13: 10:52am On Mar 04, 2016
#talk is cheap.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Standing5(m): 11:23am On Mar 04, 2016
Fashola thought he would get money to throw at the problem like was the case in Lagos. Lagos increase in power delivery was possible because of short distance that meant the challenge of transmission and re-distribution was virtually non-existent. Two important things Fashola and his advisers should know (1) Even if he builds 10,000 MW this morning there is no transmission apparatus to support distribution of same (2) If oil sold at $200pb and he had all the money to build transmission lines to himself it will still take time, in my opinion, 3 X 8months(24 months ) to make any significant impact.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by pdpchangeapc(m): 11:27am On Mar 04, 2016
What is the big deal. Given the human, natural and material resources i can also do better than that. abi, na him money e go spend?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by kurt09(m): 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
free13:
#talk is cheap.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by slimfit1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
Thanks for the people blowing up pipelines the better south west investment opportunities oh. Very soon we shall start refining dangote oil for lagos. Lagos will be busy again with investment.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chai APC has disappointed Nigerians. All they do is to taklk more do less
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chai APC has disappointed Nigerians. All they do is to talk more do less
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by chubhiee: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Fashola still have some months toperform his magic.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
He has only been in post 3 months.

Give him at least 8 months before judging na!

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by kurt09(m): 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
GenBuhari:
He has only been in post 3 months.
Give him at least 8 months before judging na!
Okay Sir.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) by alawi5k: 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
kurt09:

it possible”.

through the youths.
government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Ready To Kick APC Out Of Edo State / IGP Solomon Arase Bows Out / Lagos Treaty Of Cession... The Genesis Of British Colonization..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.