Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh (26023 Views)

Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh / Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by opribo(m): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided I BLAME THE SELFISH FARMERS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY FOR THIS DESPERATE MOVE BY THE FG. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STINGY WITH EVERYTHING? WHY CANT FARMERS AND COMMUNITIES ALLOW THE FULANI CATTLE HERDERS TO GRAZE THEIR CATTLE IN FARMS AND BUSHES ALL OVER THE COUNTRY? WE HAVE MASSIVE LAND MASS BUT STILL IMPORTING GRASS TO FEED COWS DUE TO FARMERS GREEDINESS. THE FULANIS ARE NOT BEEN TREATED FAIRLY IN THIS NATION BECAUSE NO OTHER TRIBE CAN REAR CATTLES IN LARGE QUANTITIES LIKE THEY DO TO FEED THE NATION. WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO THE FULANIS AND ALLOCATE SEVERAL HECTARES OF LAND TO THEM IN EVERY STATE OF THE FEDERATION undecided

They can use any flimsy excuse to justify their unpatriotic act. if this is right why hasn't previous govt done it.
Can't the govt work out a feasible arrangement for feeding the livestock.
Cluelessness has no Two definitions.

2 Likes

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by erico2k2(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
9jatatafo:

What's there in this fhucking story to read? It's a big shame to our genetics engineers and agricultural scientists because if this government was truly serious, these set of people and can genetically modify to get the desired grasses we want. Must we import everything. I won't be naive to believe whatever reason the minister is giving
You have even gone 2 far.what's wrong with the grass we have in Nigeria? ?
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by jayyem(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
do people even tend to read before rushing to comment this days...I can see one of the reason why many fail English language at O level....ish!

although headline is a little bit misleading.
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by DanielPop(m): 3:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Abeg nor talk that one na! cry cry cry
onatisi:
sebi Na buhari, we know am wella .majority of those that voted for him only read things about the government he participated in not the government he was controlling. He was only a ceremonial head while others we calling the shots. The only thing remaining now is the printing of more naira notes which I know buhari will do . Just a matter of time
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by onatisi(m): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
DanielPop:
Abeg nor talk that one na! cry cry cry
Ok I no go argue

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by emajoe: 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
OMG!
Only for nama to chop?
I suspect something!
Next, only cattle from Baba's area will first graze.
Some people de craze!
(my opinion, tho.)
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by vivalavida(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
So they are using the available forex we have to import grasses ehn?

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by laidback(m): 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided I BLAME THE SELFISH FARMERS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY FOR THIS DESPERATE MOVE BY THE FG. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STINGY WITH EVERYTHING? WHY CANT FARMERS AND COMMUNITIES ALLOW THE FULANI CATTLE HERDERS TO GRAZE THEIR CATTLE IN FARMS AND BUSHES ALL OVER THE COUNTRY? WE HAVE MASSIVE LAND MASS BUT STILL IMPORTING GRASS TO FEED COWS DUE TO FARMERS GREEDINESS. THE FULANIS ARE NOT BEEN TREATED FAIRLY IN THIS NATION BECAUSE NO OTHER TRIBE CAN REAR CATTLES IN LARGE QUANTITIES LIKE THEY DO TO FEED THE NATION. WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO THE FULANIS AND ALLOCATE SEVERAL HECTARES OF LAND TO THEM IN EVERY STATE OF THE FEDERATION undecided

Fool on the loose!!!
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by Ajgal10(f): 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:

never u mention my family
Kikikikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiìiiki! Practice wht you preach It's that simple.Take the fulani's to your family land let them graze.Are you not a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by ozoneboy(m): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:
Your head needs to be used for Experiment,in other to check if some people's grey matter are as compelete as others

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by olerismith(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
where are the pictures of the imported grasses. i sus pect something fishy
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by olerismith(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
why government is importing grasses, what they should do is to import hydroponic equipments to grow grasses from maize and Barley

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
erico2k2:

However since the cows need the grass why can't the Fulani herdsmen grow the grass to feed thier cows?
Me I wan train goat.the FG also have to import special grass.
Should we start killing or deporting the cows? Do you know how many people that sector employs directly or indirectly?
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by NobleG1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
So it's now FG's responsibility to cater for northerners' cows with public fund?
And why buy it from Brasil? Don't we've grasses for sale in Nigerian?

Instead of buying grasses for these killers, they should have given the money to the families these cow terrorists slaughtered!
Buhari is serious with his northern agenda. A very incompetent as*shole.

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by alexlee50: 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:
u get sense for your head so? What happened to owning ranches across the country and grazing cattle in these ranches? Does the action taken by farmers depriving their cattle from feeding on their crops justify the killings, maimings and kidnappings which they have subjected lots of communities to?
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by LordOracle(m): 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:
God punish you!
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by lomprico(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
Reference:

Just getting your knickers in a twist. Instead of hiding somewhere so that this sad chapter blows over you're rather accentuating it. Turn it upside down, in to out, it looks and sounds bad, really bad.
Rephrase to what you think its a better headline.
I wasn't praising it either.
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by awakeuche(m): 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
It's obvious some naira landers find it difficult to understand basic grammar..... the headline says the government has imported these grasses from Brazil and will "GROW" emphasis on GROW"[/color] them in the south where there's better climate to feed the cattle, it's not going to be an annual money guzzling thing as i'm sure you're all thinking.... infact I see it as a lasting solution to the rampaging problem that is the advent of violent fulani herds men.... also know some countries import meat heavily, while we have it on a platter... GET SENSE.
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by Smooyis(m): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Why can't they grow their grass in the north through irrigation and limit the movement of these herdsmen to their region.

The whole of Saudi Arabia is in the deserts so also Israel and they keep producing agricultural goods for export.

Lazy country with shallow thinking leaders.

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by arcnomec(m): 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
Kx:
News headlines and news should be factual. This headline is malicious and not representative of the truth.

Importing grass to grow is not the same as importing grass for cattle's consumption.

Bros,na wow for you ooo,how u dey think self.We are talking of our how to value our own product ,yet someone from "only God knows ministry" is thinking of importing grass.
If they come to your village and buy the so called grass at lesser amount ,what do u think that will do for your community and the economy at large. Just imagine how it sound in the ears,importing grass.How special is Brazil grass to Nigeria grass?

In fact ,I weep when I see youth that are suppose to engage in constructive criticism ,shy away from the obvious truth and display some magnitude of ignorance .
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by specco(m): 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
But who are these Herdsmen? According to Mr Audu Ogbeh they are not Nigerians but from Chad and Niger republic. So in this era of foreign exchange paucity our Govt is contemplating using our scarce forex to import grass for Chadian businessmen cattle. Does it make economic sense to Nigeria? And these herdsmen dont pay taxes or add to our Gdp or even give employment to our locals. So we're just Father Christmas to these rutht less Chadians if indeed they are from Chad as Ogbeh would want us to believe.

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by Lobolintin(m): 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:

Ur gran pa left yansh

Come nd farm make I come graze stupid cows FROM ur crops

They should form ranches and settlements for them
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by jtjohn(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
femiranking28:
Okay so we imported the grasses to grow them here... Okay thats okay hope the grasses would be enough for the cows so they don't have to wonder again.. I wonder how person go trek with nama from sokoto to akwaibom on foot jesu...
funny u......can t just stop laughing with this ur funny comment.

1 Like

Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by genxris: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
1960 mentality men leading in 2016
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by mamaafrik(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
searchiing4love:
you need knowledge and not dis,so u think farmer'll intentional cause mayhem??,funny mind.
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by BillzCarter(m): 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
You read my mind bro. Apt!
Obiagelli:

These high nutrition grasses are to be planted here, yet the headline makes it look like we are importing to feed animals.
Nigerian newspapers are pathetic
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by Achorise: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
It's laughable. The problem is not where to graze those cows, But the conduct of those herdsmen.Who owns the the cows?
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by BillzCarter(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
Who is this one?!
searchiing4love:
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by olajizz01(m): 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
ozoigbondu:
This nation is a massive failure. We are even importing grass to feed cows angry
Try to read the whole post,the headline is misleading.
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by Swiftboy(m): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pavore9:
Very misleading headline! angry

“We are producing massive hectares of grasslots for the consumption of cattle; we have received these grasses from Brazil and we are growing them in massive quantities.

“Cattle herdsmen want grasses for their cattle; such grass is what we are growing in large quantities and, within the next three months, some of these will be ready''.
....This should help in understanding the story better!
There is nothing wrong with the headline and its not misleading.The headline mentioned reserves just as was stated in the post. Truth is...its still wrong for FG to import grass even if we want to build grass reserves.Its pathetic!!! smh
Re: FG Imports Grasses From Brazil For Grazing Reserve – Ogbeh by hopilo: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

These high nutrition grasses are to be planted here, yet the headline makes it look like we are importing to feed animals.
Nigerian newspapers are pathetic
We have well nourished grasses in Nigeria to pick and grow in large quantity. Why import common grass from Brazil? waste of foreign exchange.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions / Watermelon Business Secret(The fruit can make you rich within 75-80days) / Why Is Pig Farming Not Fully Explored In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.