Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. (824 Views)

Pls Help. My Laptop Can't Play/open DVD/CD / Laptop Power On But Doesn't Display And CPU Fan Is Not Spinning / My Acer Laptop Refuses To Power ON. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by JOACHINpedro: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
[b]Pls i need an urgent help 4rm computer wizards here,my pc no longer powers on. ..My laptop,ACER windows 8.2 has a problem with the DVD drive,precisely,the Dvd disappeared completely 4rm the system...in order to rectify the problem, i was advised to do the procedure below in the REGISTRY... But i deleted the wrong file ,UPPERFILTERS, 4rm the below folders, i restarted it,that was when a slanty sad blue screen emoticon, and something like this too "YOUR PC HAS A PROBLEM AND ERRO DIAGNOSES IS BEING CARRIED OUT bla bla bla.." bottomline they referred me to some help menu but i av tried it all nd nothing. My system can't stil boot.
This was the folder i entered.
1. Closed all open programs
2. Clicked on Start, Run, and
typed REGEDIT and pressed
Enter
3. Clicked on the plus signs (+)
next to the following
folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E975-E325-11CE-
BFC1-08002BE10318}
NB- the "...975..." may nt be in the folder bt i'm sure of the other characters
Mods pls show some love and sympathy to a brother in need[/b] sad
Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by shawlxAk(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
You would need to boot the system from a Windows installation device and click Repair Your Computer. You can use Start-up Repair, System Restore or Refresh Your PC. Try them one after the other.

JOACHINpedro:
[b]Pls i need an urgent help 4rm computer wizards here,my pc no longer powers on. ..My laptop,ACER windows 8.2 has a problem with the DVD drive,precisely,the Dvd disappeared completely 4rm the system...in order to rectify the problem, i was advised to do the procedure below in the REGISTRY... But i deleted the wrong file ,UPPERFILTERS, 4rm the below folders, i restarted it,that was when a slanty sad blue screen emoticon, and something like this too "YOUR PC HAS A PROBLEM AND ERRO DIAGNOSES IS BEING CARRIED OUT bla bla bla.." bottomline they referred me to some help menu but i av tried it all nd nothing. My system can't stil boot.
This was the folder i entered.
1. Closed all open programs
2. Clicked on Start, Run, and
typed REGEDIT and pressed
Enter
3. Clicked on the plus signs (+)
next to the following
folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E975-E325-11CE-
BFC1-08002BE10318}
NB- the "...975..." may nt be in the folder bt i'm sure of the other characters
Mods pls show some love and sympathy to a brother in need[/b] sad

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by JOACHINpedro: 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
shawlxAk:
You would need to boot the system from a Windows installation device and click Repair Your Computer. You can use Start-up Repair, System Restore or Refresh Your PC. Try them one after the other.

where can i get that windows installation device... And about how much wil it cost?... I av tried others but no show
Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by shawlxAk(m): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
Go to any computer store near you. Or borrow from a friend. As a last resort, consult an Engineer near you. It's an easy fix though.

JOACHINpedro:
where can i get that windows installation device... And about how much wil it cost?... I av tried others but no show
Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by JOACHINpedro: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
shawlxAk:
Go to any computer store near you. Or borrow from a friend. As a last resort, consult an Engineer near you. It's an easy fix though.

thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by Kunleforreal(m): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
If you reside in Lagos, call or whatsapp 07035129972 for quick fixing
Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by JOACHINpedro: 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
Kunleforreal:
If you reside in Lagos, call or whatsapp 07035129972 for quick fixing
i'm far 4rm u bro. Thanx 4 tryin 2 help tho
Re: Help!!!my Laptop Can't Power On. by nigerianservice: 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How To Mirror Your Android Mobile Screen To PC Screen / SSD Hard 256 For Sell Call Or Whatsapp 08064404856 / What To Do When You Laptop Network Bar Shows Red X/wireless Button Won't Come On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.