Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer (145545 Views)

Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos) / Domestic Price Of Palm Oil Declined By 25% In 12 Months To N12,000 / Lake Rice Now Available At N12,000 Per Bag. See Where To Buy Them In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Theloveth(m): 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
Babatiise:
Pls house, I have been trying to register after approval of name but the start registration button has failed to work. Is this a general issue. Thank you
It should not give you any issue. Login your account and when you are in your dashboard, you will see name registration and company registration. Click on the company registration and start.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Mintayo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mintayo:
I dont know where to even start. I am angry. I need help.
I did my business name registration myself since december 2017, and i have not gotten the certificate.

When i did not get any message about the availability of my business name certificate, I went to CAC office in Lagos, Alausa, they told me
that my collection venue is Abuja, that i made the mistake when i was filling the form, which i believe its not true.
Upon enquiry, I was told to hold on for them to contact the person who register my business name in Abuja, that they will send me a message,
since then I have not heard from them. I have been to Alausa almost every week, but it's always the same story - that I should come back,
the person in charge of my certificate in Abuja has not been responding or he is on leave. I have sent mail to their email address, they only acknowledged the mail, no response until three days ago where the handler told me to send my AVAILABILITY CODE AND APPROVED BUSINESS NAME, I did that , yet they are still replying me with the same thing- that i should send the code and other information.
I have also called the contact numbers - those ones were never reachable until yesterday, one Stella picked and told me to send a mail.
All they had to do is to just send my certificate from Abuja to Lagos, i don't know why that seems so difficult.

It's been five months now, and seriously, i have missed two opportunities just because i do not posses the certificate, it's been so frustrating.
I need help on any other things to do.
Can someone help with this?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by rose54321: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2018
UnyimeA:

please was it manual or online registration that you did?

thanks

Online, I believe manual is phased out in Abuja
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by J0nyb0y(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
Theloveth:

Please where did you get this from? They still insisted that I upload ict certificate and I have uploaded my ND certificate (Computer Science) for them. They should give me a break. Maybe I need to send them this link, their wahala is too much.
Same issue I had oh... Even after proficiency cert has been scrapped days before (saw the news on their website) they still said I should upload it or remove it from my nature of biz.. I had to remove it.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Theloveth(m): 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
J0nyb0y:

Same issue I had oh... Even after proficiency cert has been scrapped days before (saw the news on their website) they still said I should upload it or remove it from my nature of biz.. I had to remove it.
Nawa o. What did you remove? Seems I have to remove mine too. Although the whole business thing is based on software engineering and web development.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by J0nyb0y(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2018
Theloveth:

Nawa o. What did you remove? Seems I have to remove mine too. Although the whole business thing is based on software engineering and web development.
I removed the computer training. It was the one that was requiring certification
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Theloveth(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2018
J0nyb0y:

I removed the computer training. It was the one that was requiring certification
Computer training is not even in the nature of business I chose.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Zhirinovsky: 4:32pm On May 02, 2018
Please sir, can you give me a sample or brief format for writing Articles of Association of a limited liability by shares company on CAC company registration website. please it is urgent.

God Bless.
Jaay1:

So you want to open a business and you know nothing of how to get started, well NO WORRIES.
You do not need to find a lawyer, a chartered Accountant or an agent. All you need is an ATM Master Card and an internet connection. The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) now has an on line portal that makes life easy for all potential entrepreneurs and Businessmen in Nigeria.

To register A company the first step is to

STEP 1: Search for availability of Name - Visit http://services.cac.gov.ng/ sign up as a new customer and provide all necessary details accurately. Once you are properly signed in click on 'Name availability Search' type in two names that are creative and uncommon as your proposed business name and try to avoid cliché names. Fill the form with your best Email address and Phone number and submit the form when done. The submission of the form would costs N500 and can be paid using you master card, visa card, verve card, on line banking etc.
The name search would take one to two working days to be approved or disapproved. If disapproved try again With a different and more unique name.

STEP 2: Register the Business name - Once your name has been approved the next step is to register the business name. Log in to your account with CAC and once logged in click on 'action' and download the the letter of approval from the CAC portal, open it and take note of the approval number.
Go back to the website, Click on 'Registration' on the top left of the webpage select business name and paste the number from the approval document on the space provided click on enter. Ensure you know the nature of the business, proprietors of the business and all other relevant information accurately. NOTE: You can 'save and exit' the form at any point where you have difficulties.

* When it comes to nature of the business ensure that you type in three (3) nature of business and it is always a good idea to add General contracts so you do not need to get another business name in the future as, General contracts encompasses everything. (I made the mistake of not adding General contracts and I had to apply with an additional cost of N6000 to get it changed and it was a stressful process)

Fill the form Accurately avoid Mistakes as a Correction would cost you more money and waste your Time.
Now one important thing is[i] When asked if you need additional copies of Certified true copy and documents, select Zero as this is applicable to only those who are registering a limited liability company.[/i]

Submit the form and Pay N10,000 for the business name using you ATM card. You would be given a form to submit to the CAC office in your selection.

STEP 3: Physical Submission - Download and print and make two photocopies of
- All receipt of payment from Remitta and CAC,
- The approval of business name document
- The form you received upon payment for business name
Take these documents with two passport Photographs, N250 stamp duty fee - to be paid into CAC Skye Bank Account (you can do this before going to the office the bank has the account number) and submit for filing with the corporate Affairs commission.

I hope this information was helpful to you. Leave a comment and tell me how it goes for you.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by babane2016(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2018
I just got my business name approved today, submitted application on march 15, received and resolved one query during processing. Thanks to mentors in the house

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by UnyimeA: 11:15pm On May 04, 2018
babane2016:
I just got my business name approved today, submitted application on march 15, received and resolved one query during processing. Thanks to mentors in the house

congratulations to you. It's good that you shared with us the success story.

2 Likes

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Deyemmy(m): 5:42am On May 08, 2018
Hello, please i dont understand this query:

Increase share capital to justify clause 3(6) and relevant certificate to justify clause 3(9) OF MEMO.
I will appreciate anybody that can explain better to me.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by babane2016(m): 9:40pm On May 08, 2018
I collected my registration certificate today at abeokuta

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Theloveth(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2018
babane2016:
Congrats. So it was like a month and two weeks before you got approved?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by AmericanSons: 8:00am On May 12, 2018
babane2016:
that is good bro. Congrats. Is true that you will be paying tax after this?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by J0nyb0y(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2018
babane2016:

Congrats Bro, how long did you wait from day of submission to day of approval please... I've been waiting for 2weeks plus now
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by UnyimeA: 4:44pm On May 12, 2018
sheykole:
Pls I need help, my business name has been approved and I have also paid the 10000 since February. I have been trying to upload the BN document since March but the submit button keeps rolling whenever I try to upload the document. I came across this post and I went to CAC office in osogbo with all the documents, I was asked for registration number sent to me. I searched everywhere on the portal, I did not see anything related to that. I had to leave their office. Is there anything called registration number for business name registration and how can I get it. I have tried there contact email, na only acknowledgment mail I get.
which website were you using to upload the documents?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by babane2016(m): 6:05pm On May 12, 2018
J0nyb0y:

Congrats Bro, how long did you wait from day of submission to day of approval please... I've been waiting for 2weeks plus now
About one and half months but i guess it took that long because there was a query
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by babane2016(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2018
Theloveth:

Congrats. So it was like a month and two weeks before you got approved?
Yes. Perhaps due to the query
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by babane2016(m): 11:25pm On May 12, 2018
AmericanSonns:
that is good bro. Congrats. Is true that you will be paying tax after this?
Every individual/business org is expected to pay one tax or the other to govt
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by babane2016(m): 11:27pm On May 12, 2018
J0nyb0y:

One and half months
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Theloveth(m): 3:12am On May 13, 2018
babane2016:
Yes. Perhaps due to the query
Okay. Thanks
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by UnyimeA: 10:01am On May 15, 2018
sheykole:

I tried uploading again today. I was able to upload it. Please, what is the next step?
the ball is now in their court. Just wait and be checking your account for approval or query
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 5:28pm On May 16, 2018
Why go through the hassle & stress of incorporating your proposed company name, limited company or NGO when you can outsource it to a legal CAC Accredited firm at an affordable price and at a duration not more than 5 working days.

Gomez Corporate Consult LTD has been assisting several company promoters, emerging company proprietors, directors and trustees to achieve their company registration at ease, affordable and swift period of not more than 5 working days. We are proud to say that we are professionals having assisted over 200 clients & promoters in Nigeria and Diaspora to achieve their corporate objectives. From CAC company registration, FIRS TIN/VAT application, EFCC SCUML registration, Corporate Account opening, Trademark/ Patent application etc.

We are your one-stop corporate office, all our services are swift and affordable. Visit www.gomezconsult.com, mail us on info@gomezconsult.com or call/Whatsapp us on 08107804290.
Here are some evidence!!!
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Toshine2: 8:50am On May 17, 2018
Good morning house. I just filled the online form for my business name and paid the 10k, forms were generated for me which I was supposed to take to CAC office, but someone told me I need to upload my documents online in PDF format, but I didn't see anywhere I could do that online, please guide me.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 8:04pm On May 17, 2018
Toshine2:
Good morning house. I just filled the online form for my business name and paid the 10k, forms were generated for me which I was supposed to take to CAC office, but someone told me I need to upload my documents online in PDF format, but I didn't see anywhere I could do that online, please guide me.

Yes you really do not need to go to their office. Firstly, you will have to download the form from your portal, then you will attach your passport picture, sign & date the section where your the proprietor details are contain and sign the second page (the attestation section).

Then scan the hard copies to pdf soft copies and upload it on the upload interface of the CAC portal.

For further inquiries and information, contact a CAC Accredited Agent that have assisted over 200 clients in Nigeria and Diaspora to register their business names, limited companies, NGOs, Trademarks, Patent, Tax filings on 08107804290, visit www.gomezconsult.com or mail us at info@gomezconsult.com.
NB: Its takes 5 working days to start and conclude both business name and limited companies. Contact us now.
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 17, 2018
As at May 2018, the CAC document upload portal has not been functional for weeks and after reporting the issue it’s still not resolved and I was told I can not submit a hard copy. Any ideas?
Re: How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer by DeConsultant: 2:34pm On May 19, 2018
ENEMAKU:
As at May 2018, the CAC document upload portal has not been functional for weeks and after reporting the issue it’s still not resolved and I was told I can not submit a hard copy. Any ideas?

Though, it can happen sometimes but i doubt your facts, because i have been using it. Just give it some intervals and it will go through as long as you are using the correct link.

Still your CAC Accredited Agent, Contact us on 08107804290, mail us on info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting / Please Convert This US Shoe Sizes To Nigerian Shoe Sizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.