Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22609 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Warns Mend by asha80(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2009
Fashola warns MEND
Headlines Jul 16, 2009 By Emma Amaize, Emeka Mamah, George Onah, Samuel Oyadongha, Jimitota Onoyume, Olasunkanmi Akoni & Monsur Olowopejo
LAGOS - IN his official reaction to Sunday’s bombing of the Atlas Cove Jetty by men of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta (MEND), Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, warned the militants that the action must never repeat itself as the state was quite ready to respond to “this new security threat appropriately”.

Fashola, briefing newsmen on the development after an emergency meeting of the state Security Council condoled with the families of the officers and men of the Armed Forces who were victims of the attack.

Governor Raji Fashola briefing the newsmen after the Lagos State Security meeting at the State House, Marina, Lagos yesterday. Photo by Shola Oyelese
According to Fashola, the attack raises very new questions about what the agitation in the Niger Delta is all about.
He said that Lagos as the headquarters of the national press has been the medium of agitation and as a melting pot of nationalities; the people of Lagos have protected and hosted even displaced Niger Deltans

He noted that it was quite unfair to have turned on Lagos, the Governor explained that the State itself has been a victim of years of neglect as a former federal capital which continues to serve as the host community to all ethnic communities and as economic nerve centre of the country.

He said: “Is Lagos not also a victim of years of neglect? Is this an agitation without limits, is a friendly and host State fair game?”

“If this (Atlas Cove Jetty bombing) was a mistake, we expect that it must never repeat itself as we will respond to this new security threat appropriately”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/16/fashola-warns-mend/comment-page-1/#comments
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by oyinda3(f): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2009
yea i agree with him. it was very unfair.
those mend boys sef are creating more enemies for themselves.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by SamMilla1(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2009
just for the sake of saying something as well.

he has to say something. he is the governor.
but i doubt he can do anything.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by shanda(m): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2009
don't under estimate the guy bros!!! Don't forget US is still manufacturing jetline bombers.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by SamMilla1(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2009
shanda:

don't under estimate the guy bros!!! Don't forget US is still manufacturing jetline bombers.

.and fashola is going to order them in quantum to invade Niger-Delta, i guess.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2009
Was actually disappointed that the Governor did not respond on time to this bunkum and stupid act of some glorified criminals.

Let anyone write any rubbish that he/she likes here and colour it in any tribalistic jargon, the fact remains that that act of these criminals on Lagos is simply barbaric.

Pray!, what point are they trying to make?. Criminals!!!!

IF YOU NEED TO PASS A MESSAGE, GO TO ABUJA. Simple!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by desgiezd(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2009
Sam Milla:

just for the sake of saying something as well.

he has to say something. he is the governor.
but i doubt he can do anything.

Go ask those armed robbers terrorising Lagos before now and you'll know if he is capable of doing something or not.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2009
Fash, no hard feelings. . . . you are just doing your job. . . .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 16, 2009
oyinda.:

yea i agree with him. it was very unfair.
those mend boys sef are creating more enemies for themselves.

MEND already regard anybody eating off their oil as enemy.

desgiezd:

Go ask those armed robbers terrorising Lagos before now and you'll know if he is capable of doing something or not.

Are you kidding me? We are talking about MEND here.

@topic

Instead of threatening what he cannot conquer, I will advise him to have a talk with them.
Enough of this media talks to assuage Lagosians.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by mbulela: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2009
amnesty or no amnesty, the day this incapable govt starts to deal with this so called militancy issue as plain criminality that is the day we will begin to make progress on that front.
this whole amnesty thing is just another avenue for some crooks in govt to make money.
take a look at he case of Asari Dokubo and you will know that 'militancy' pays.
have you seen how robust and fresh he looks?
have you seen his convoy of exotic cars?
have you been able to make any sense out of the crap he and his fellow militant leaders spout out of their mouth?
bros and sis, this is just another money making venture.
the govt is unable to stop it because it has grown hydra headed and those in power and behind the throne are profiting from it.
it is an avenue for them to spend our money without accountability and with reckless abandon.all in the name of ending militancy at all cost.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2009
desgiezd:

The guy is in a far distance land and only relies mainly on reporters' accounts of what is going on.

Every struggle or movement needs to be re-evaluated at critical points and moments. Mend has reached a terminus of decision now. Either it gives negotiations and discussions a chance to bloosom and expose the sincerity or otherwise of government or attract condemnation ans consequently help to drain attention and support for the genuine desire to develop the Niger Delta.

The answer is up to the gun-totting guys and their handlers/sponsors.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by desgiezd(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2009
ilugunboy:

Every struggle or movement needs to be re-evaluated at critical points and moments. Mend has reached a terminus of decision now. Either it gives negotiations and discussions a chance to bloosom and expose the sincerity or otherwise of government or attract condemnation ans consequently help to drain attention and support for the genuine desire to develop the Niger Delta.

The answer is up to the gun-totting guys and their handlers/sponsors.

Nice words delivered intelligently!!

I think MEND has never had it so good, though its still early in the day, but I'll like to give it to Yar Adua's government that it has started well on this reconciliation issue. I pray they are able to conclude it well. Instead of bombing Lagos and attracting more condemnation to themselves, I think they need to handle this more intelligently and win huge concessions from the FG for all Niger Deltans.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by IFELEKE(m): 10:24am On Jul 16, 2009
nuzo:

Instead of threatening what he cannot conquer, I will advise him to have a talk with them.
Enough of this media talks to assuage Lagosians.
You mean he should set aside some billions to assuage some bunch of criminals disguised as militants?
I say No because if they are truly agitating for their people then they should learn to tackle their problems from the source instead of embarking on a wild spree albeit misguided sabotage.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by quadrey(m): 10:29am On Jul 16, 2009
big ups to brf the guy get mouth but he should tread carefully concerning this issue. as for those saying he is just makin mouth let me tell u that he is the chief security officer of lagos stateand we all know the guy takes his job serious so it might not be empty yapping after alll.
as for mend i suggest they reevaluate their struggle before they lose credibility completely cos people are very ficklle when it comes to supporting such causes. as yoruba would say, E MA GUN IGI RE KOJA EWE cos na something else dem dey find wit this their ovasabi by attackin lagos i mean why not abuja or kaduna if u want to send a message that nowhere is safe cos we all know that yaaradua will feel it more if it is ryt in his own backyard.
lets not get carried away by this minor distraction that i beleive will soon be resolved and focus on a permanent way of resolving this seemingly unsolvable problem. EKO O NI BAJE O
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2009
IFELEKE:

You mean he should set aside some billions to assuage some bunch of criminals disguised as militants?
I say No because if they are truly agitating for their people then they should learn to tackle their problems from the source instead of embarking on a wild spree albeit misguided sabotage.

I suppose you didnt read my comment or you read it but couldnt understand.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by mbulela: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2009
desgiezd:

Nice words delivered intelligently!!

I think MEND has never had it so good, though its still early in the day, but I'll like to give it to Yar Adua's government that it has started well on this reconciliation issue. I pray they are able to conclude it well. Instead of bombing Lagos and attracting more condemnation to themselves, I think they need to handle this more intelligently and win huge concessions from the FG  for all Niger Deltans.

this is no struggle, this is no movement.
this is pure and plain criminality.
the only ideology these rouges are expounding is the ideology of money.
they are just raising the stakes.
don't be fooled.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by desgiezd(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2009
mbulela:

this is no struggle, this is no movement.
this is pure and plain criminality.
the only ideology these rouges are expounding is the ideology of money.
they are just raising the stakes.
don't be fooled.

In spite of all these, I still believe they could swing a lot of things to the Niger Delta at the negotiation table. It is a golden opportunity presented to them and they need to handle it carefully and intelligently. Right now, they appear to be holding the four aces!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by OneNaija(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2009
The Last time I check the Oil going to Lagos was coming from Niger Delta so they have the right to blow any pipeline producing Oil or Gas. Fu ck Fashola .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by desgiezd(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2009
OneNaija:

The Last time I check the Oil going to Lagos was coming from Niger Delta so they have the right to blow any pipeline producing Oil or Gas. Fu ck Fashola .

Point of correction. Atlas Cove, bombed by MEND, is a place where imported fuel is discharged through pipelines into fuel depots and it has nothing to do with oil that comes from Niger Delta.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by blacksta(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2009
OneNaija:

What kind of right is that - if that is the case - i hereby have the right to blow up your house and car cause u r using ND gas and petrol
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by MrCrackles(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2009
desgiezd:

So you want to tell me armed robbers are still not terrorizing Lagosians
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2009
OneNaija:

The most senseless and stupid post i've come across since i joined N/L. lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by OneNaija(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2009
Fu ck you
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by jaybee3(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2009
blacksta:

What kind of right is that - if that is the case - i hereby have the right to blow up your house and car cause u r using ND gas and petrol
GBAM cool
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by mayow91: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2009
hw are u, u dont need to blow pipe visit this website to get rich www.globalearnline..com
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2009
OneNaija:

Fu ck you
That is all you can mutter to say?. Anyway thank and come on run along to mama!.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by generalzango(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2009
Thez CRIMINALS are biting morethan they can chew, it's becos we have a very weak leader ('yarafailure).
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by bandely(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2009
OneNaija

You don smoke and probably drunk.
Go home and have some rest, okay boy?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by informat09(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2009
i smell conspiracy here, could be that it was a northern establishment or even the yaradua government that carried out the attacks in lagos to create a public agitation against the Niger Delta struggle
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by banom(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2009
When Fashola,his Yoruba brothers and their chief conterpart ,the Hausas were busy looting,exploiting,embezling  and maginalising the Niger deltans , it was fine , now MEND simply Bombed something that Niger deltan's money was used  to build, the Shameless Gov Fashola is on press making useless noise and empty threat .

Mend did a highly commendable job, I advice them to move over here and bomb the Fct, Kano , Kaduna, Jos, Borno and Niger state. they should aslo bomb some other places in the west, lagos is not enough and their last week attack was too small.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2009
let them bomb Lagos again and lets see if awon boiz will not go and be cutting the throats of the Niger Delta people in Lagos

they just want to cause wahala for the law abiding ones in lagos cos Lagosians can be wicked atimes

In this case, nobody will wear masks, it will be termed reprisal attacks on Lagos and i bet many will be slaughtered

Let the Ibimes tell them to go to Asaba or Abuja and stop disturbing us in Lagos

On a lighter note, i saw the Navy this morning with plenty guns parading the apogbon axis of the bridge grin grin
there are no dirty creeks you can hide here o
if den catch u for Lagos, na die be dat grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by blacksta(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2009
banom:

When Fashola,his Yoruba brothers and their chief conterpart ,the Hausas were busy looting,exploiting,embezling  and maginalising the Niger deltans , it was fine , now MEND simply Bombed something that Niger deltan's money was used  to build, the Shameless Gov Fashola is on press making useless noise and empty threat .

Mend did a highly commendable job, I advice them to move over here and bomb the Fct, Kano , Kaduna, Jos, Borno and Niger state. they should aslo bomb some other places in the west, lagos is not enough and their last week attack was too small.

As u reside in Abuja the probability of you being a victim is very high. I will desist from encouraging bloody terrorists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

IG Keeps Mum After Meeting Osinbajo, AGF, DSS Boss / Oshiomhole Dismisses Members Of R-APC / APC Governors' Forum To Sack Okorocha For Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.