Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22611 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2009
The attack of Lagos can never be justified, as a lot of Lagosians are in support of the agitations of the militants. Attacking a Yoruba State can turn the Yorubas against the Militants and the Niger Deltans, which would not augur well for their agitations. If they try to attack a core Hausa state like kano, i am sure every Niger Delta and even igbo person would be attacked by the indegenes. i think they should restrict their operations to their environments after all that is where all the oil is Located.

Our views on the ongoing militancy in the Niger Delta is usually beclouded by tribal interests and sentiments, the views can be summarized as follows;

The hausa see the agitations of the Niger Delta as an affront on their rights to control the wealth and power in the Nigerian federation, so see the militants and their supporters as criminals, and wishes silently and sometimes loudly that the militants and all their sympathizers to be wiped out, so that they get unfettered access to all the land and oil. After all more hausa owns oil blocks (which they had never visited) than any other tribe.

The Yorubas are more subtle and more divided in their views, some also sees the oil and the land as OUR oil and so should be distributed evenly. some are indifferent and some support the call for fiscal federalism.

The Igbo are in support of militancy to enforce resource control and self determination (even if it is partial) as they had also taken up arms against the federal govt in the past.

The Niger Deltans are in support of resource control and to some extent the militants as they understand the poverty level and underdevelopment of oil rich communities.  

Meanwhile the Hausa and Yoruba elites rulings this country are afraid and against true federalism. They are afraid of convening a conference where the various tribes making up Nigeria would all spleen out their grievances, these elites feel that they would lose out in such an arrangement. So they would try to keep the status quo, no matter the odds.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
Their agitation for resource control remains valid - if they want to squander 100% of their resources, it is THEIR business.
what part of the constitution lays credence to tht in bold?
what ure saying can land you in jail!

illegality!!!

they shld clamour for a sovereign national conference which the yorubas have been fighting for. Then, we can start talking about how resources shld be shared.
akin fi ete le, ka pa lapalapa
u dont leave leprosy to treat ringworm

first things first so tigbo professor grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by akigbemaru: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
@Nuzo or nuisance
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"One" Igbo boi told you and that automatically translates to the opinion of the Igbo community?
Must you drag in the name Igbo into every thread before you can have a balanced discussion?

Leave us out of this abeg, we aint collaborating with nobody. Once beaten, twice shy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The same reason why you too need to get lost on this thread, it's about MEND's incorrigible actions in Lagos. We ain't talkin' about east right here so you need to hit the door!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha80(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

The attack of Lagos can never be justified, as a lot of Lagosians are in support of the agitations of the militants. Attacking a Yoruba State can turn the Yorubas against the Militants and the Niger Deltans, which would not augur well for their agitations. If they try to attack a core Hausa state like kano, i am sure every Niger Delta and even igbo person would be attacked by the indegenes. i think they should restrict their operations to their environments after all that is where all the oil is Located.

Our views on the ongoing militancy in the Niger Delta is usually beclouded by tribal interests and sentiments, the views can be summarized as follows;

The hausa see the agitations of the Niger Delta as an affront on their rights to control the wealth and power in the Nigerian federation, so see the militants and their supporters as criminals, and wishes silently and sometimes loudly that the militants and all their sympathizers to be wiped out, so that they get unfettered access to all the land and oil. After all more hausa owns oil blocks (which they had never visited) than any other tribe.

The Yorubas are more subtle and more divided in their views, some also sees the oil and the land as OUR oil and so should be distributed evenly. some are indifferent and some support the call for fiscal federalism.

The Igbo are in support of militancy to enforce resource control and self determination (even if it is partial) as they had also taken up arms against the federal govt in the past.

The Niger Deltans are in support of resource control and to some extent the militants as they understand the poverty level and underdevelopment of oil rich communities.  

Meanwhile the Hausa and Yoruba elites rulings this country are afraid and against true federalism. They are afraid of convening a conference where the various tribes making up Nigeria would all spleen out their grievances, these elites feel that they would lose out in such an arrangement. So they would try to keep the status quo, no matter the odds.

GBAM! This is one sound post!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2009

These questions are meant for my fellow Niger-deltans who support the actions of MEND:
What have you done about the state governors, house of rep members, LG chairmen, and councillors that looted the treasuries of yours states?
From the billions of naira made by MEND through their activities, please list just ONE good thing they've contributed to their own local  society and the Niger-delta region at large.
How can you justify the killing of your own people and other fellow Nigerians by these criminals?

I support the agitations of MEND, but i do not necessarily support their actions. They need to be more organized and also have a political wing to gather political support from international organizations and governments. All other struggles made the political aspect as important as military operations. Also the mend boys do not even have the support of all the tribes of the Niger delta, they sometimes alienate other tribes.

How can Niger Deltans hold their elective office holders accountable, are the accountable to us? Do they require our votes and consent to get elected? hell no. They are more responsible to a few Hausa men or Yoruba men, who are usually responsible for their getting into office.  Most people in the Niger Delta do not know what a ballot paper looked like in the last 10 years.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
where did u get that from? what about the Igbos in power?
or are Igbos not in Abuja?
story story
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha80(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

story story

What happened in 1995 constitutional conference is still fresh in peoples mind.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
i am so shocked to see how people are some block minded and tribalistic.
how is the problem in Niger-Delta a Yoruba or hausa's wahala, are they the FG?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
am so shocked to see how people are some block minded and tribalistic.
i come tire myself
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

what part of the constitution lays credence to tht in bold?
what ure saying can land you in jail!

illegality!!!

they shld clamour for  a sovereign national conference which the yorubas have been fighting for. Then, we can start talking about how resources shld be shared.
akin fi ete le, ka pa lapalapa
u dont leave leprosy to treat ringworm

first things first so tigbo professor grin

What constitution are you talking of? I wonder if you had ever read the constitution you shout of. The so called constitution is a decree promulgated by Gen. Abdulsalami. So in effect it is a DECREE and not a constitution in the true sense. No other constitution i know of was made that way.

When the military took over in 1983, they suspended the constitution (and not abrogated), so why did they not restore the constitution, instead of promulgating a decree.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

story story

Igbos are not truly in power, they only get what the Hausa and Yoruba elites gives them as the supposedly, third leg of the WAZOBIA arrangement.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

Igbos are not truly in power, they only get what the Hausa and Yoruba elites gives them as the supposedly, third leg of the WAZOBIA arrangement.

U mean to tell me that the Igbos are now a slave of their father's slave?
If they are so insulted of the positions and the leadership that they have been given, why wont they reject it then?
besides, with all these noise, show me what most of the Igbo states has done to even develop their states, LG or environment?
I think it is time to stop bashing others for our own mysteries and face the problems and deal with the FG together as one
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am so shocked to see how people are some block minded and tribalistic.

I am not being tribalistic, that is why i mention Hausa and Yoruba political elites, their views do not represent the views of the average Yoruba and Hausa common man, but they are able to manipulate their people to get what they want, especially the Hausa elites.

Who is the FG? the people that determine how power and resources are distributed in Nigeria are the Hausa and Yoruba political elites. They have reduced Nigeria to WAZO and BIA.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by NIGboi(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
Some folks here keep hammering on the point 'Niger delta criminality'. The tend to happily forget that the federal government thru the jtf almost wiped out villages in the niger delta. Very few were shouting about the federal government criminality. When MEND acts all them folks shout murder. Even though i am not in support of violence, i also an not in support of corruption, laziness and should i say outright stupidity of most of our leaders. They act as though they can't see or may be they really can't! You keep on robbing a particular set of people and you expect them to sit and tell you well done. LMAO! You rob them and then kill them. And then you tell them not to take up arms. They must be real stupid he they don't take to arms.
My point is that the government should do what they are supposed to do which i think they know and stop causing more problems for the citizens of the country.
What really can Gov Fashola do? If any one has specifics on what he can do please share with me.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

What constitution are you talking of? I wonder if you had ever read the constitution you shout of. The so called constitution is a decree promulgated by Gen. Abdulsalami. So in effect it is a DECREE and not a constitution in the true sense. No other constitution i know of was made that way.

When the military took over in 1983, they suspended the constitution (and not abrogated), so why did they not restore the constitution, instead of promulgating a decree.

are u for real?

The 1999 constitution is a decree? a constitution tht was adopted on the day we started the 4th republic journey?

and do i need to read the whole constitution to know that a state in Nigeria cannot lay claim to the resources in the land? Interesting. NL i hail thee!! grin grin
dont be too fast to post next time abegg
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Tonynwosa: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2009
For all I know MEND cannot be stopped by Fashola the fedral govt has tried for about 10yrs what's the result?? let alone a state.whoever is saying the attack is not fair on Lagos should go the Niger delta and see first hand the situation then we can talk about fairness. know that the aim was not to dis-stabilize lagos but  to hinder the returns the fedral govt gets from these oil companies.The federal govt is the target no matter where is struck.
MEND has ordered a 60days seize fire to enable negotiations with govt. so they know what they want and this struggle might just make the fed. govt seat up to our needs.They are indirectly fighting for the whole country.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

U mean to tell me that the Igbos are now a slave of their father's slave?
If they are so insulted of the positions and the leadership that they have been given, why wont they reject it then?
besides, with all these noise, show me what most of the Igbo states has done to even develop their states, LG or environment?
I think it is time to stop bashing others for our own mysteries and face the problems and deal with the FG together as one

The Igbos lost the civil war - remember? so the victors (Hausa and Yoruba) are at liberty to dash them what they deem fit. that is how all wars turn out.

We are still suffering the effect of the second world war today as the Victors - US and Europe has more say in world affairs than all the other countries added together.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by MUZBO(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
nuzo:

Are we still talking about Fashola and MEND or am I missing sometin'?. . lol.
Nooo, we are talking about the Tamil Tigers and the Taliban.
You gat short-term amnesia?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2009
I tire for this MEND boys sef.

Did their father's father plant oil in the lands?
Do they even know the origin of the so called crude oil?
Are they aware that by the Land use act, ALL lands in Nigeria belongs to the Federal Govt and that those who 'buy' lands only have rented it for a period of 99 years?
There is no other term to describe their action than High Treason and wanton destructionof Govt property!

Jeez! What we condone in this country all b'cos of some corrupt pips. . .
Last warning, stay away from Lagos o!
Awon boyz are waiting this time around with oogun  grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

stop saying what u dont know. ok?
it will help you. or better still, ask for clarification on where u lack understanding, some of us will be ready to help out

Igbos are not truly in power?
wht figure of speech is that anybody in the house? grin

so when Okadigbo died, he died as what?
etete and co? were they Yorubas

Ngozi Okonjo, the new CJ? what are u saying?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

are u for real?

The 1999 constitution is a decree? a constitution tht was adopted on the day we started the 4th republic journey?

and do i need to read the whole constitution to know that a state in Nigeria cannot lay claim to the resources in the land? Interesting. NL i hail thee!! grin grin
dont be too fast to post next time abegg

You are either too young or too naive. Please educate us how we came about the 1999 constitution.   I am waiting,
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

I am not being tribalistic, that is why i mention Hausa and Yoruba political elites, their views do not represent the views of the average Yoruba and Hausa common man, but they are able to manipulate their people to get what they want, especially the Hausa elites.

Who is the FG? the people that determine how power and resources are distributed in Nigeria are the Hausa and Yoruba political elites. They have reduced Nigeria to WAZO and BIA.

I hope you are not a tribalistic at all, cos i think it is a worm that causes some diseases.
However, WA and ZO together and make it look it is against the BIA is not healthy at all for the unity of the nation.
The "BIA" indigens never came out and contest for election and they are denied, i will vote for an igbo man, cos i have nothing against them, but i will not vote only cos he is Igbo, i wanna vote cos of his record, cos i know he can do something for Nigeria that others cant.
Whenever you wanna refer to the FG, no need to do the hausa, Yoruba and Igbo nonsense, just refer to the FG
wirinet:

The Igbos lost the civil war - remember? so the victors (Hausa and Yoruba) are at liberty to dash them what they deem fit. that is how all wars turn out.

We are still suffering the effect of the second world war today as the Victors - US and Europe has more say in world affairs than all the other countries added together.

They lost the war and that made Nigeria {not hausa and yoruba} a winner, and i think it is time they let go of that past, and move on from the war that was never a good thing anyways.
Instead of wallowing in self pity, it is time to move past that and let Nigeria lives.
Quebec wanted to seperate from Canada and they still trying to, but in the meantime, they are living together in harmony.
i am sure not all Ghana tribes are happy with resources sharing, but they working together for peace and unity, but Nija wanna show macho and their stupidity
freezy:

The their father's father plant oil in the lands?
Do they even know the origin of the so called crude oil?
Are they aware that by the Land use act, ALL lands in Nigeria belongs to the Federal Govt and that those who 'buy' lands only have rented it for a period of 99 years?
There is no other term to describe their action than High Treason and wanton destructionof Govt property!

Jeez! What we condone in this country all b'cos of some corrupt pips. . .
Last warning, stay away from Lagos o!
Awon boyz are waiting this time around with oogun  grin

Even if their papa planted the Oil there, they need to chill a little and not kill innocent cos of the Oil.
All the money they have made from kidnapping and grant, what have they got to show for it? nothing
Yet, they are whining that people are not bombing with them
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
Tonynwosa:

For all I know MEND cannot be stopped by Fashola the fedral govt has tried for about 10yrs what's the result?? let alone a state.whoever is saying the attack is not fair on Lagos should go the Niger delta and see first hand the situation then we can talk about fairness. know that the aim was not to dis-stabilize lagos but  to hinder the returns the fedral govt gets from these oil companies.The federal govt is the target no matter where is struck.
MEND has ordered a 60days seize fire to enable negotiations with govt. so they know what they want and this struggle might just make the fed. govt seat up to our needs.They are indirectly fighting for the whole country.

Calm down a little, the northern senators who initially called for annihilation of entire nigeri deltans have agreed to 50% derivation formula.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

You are either too young or too naive. Please educate us how we came about the 1999 constitution.   I am waiting,

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont let us go into the other part. Tht document is called a constitution
IT IS NOT A DECREE.

im not interested in the genesis but where we are
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
Nooo, we are talking about the Tamil Tigers and the Taliban.
You gat short-term amnesia?
wetin the guy do you sef grin grin
u no go leave am
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont let us go into the other part. Tht document is called a constitution
IT IS NOT A DECREE.

im not interested in the genesis but where we are

You want revelation and not Genesis, cos we ave moved away from "if chicken mess my portion, i will kill his eggs"
Time for Nija to move ahead and stop yarning dust
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by amarilo: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
freezy:

The their father's father plant oil in the lands?
Open University d look for Adult Students. I think you should go and enrol or you give way for people with sound English to discuss. cheesy
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tubabie(f): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

Am in agreement with most parts of your post except the boldened part undecided
Why would you say those tribes are against federalism? Your wrong opinion though.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Tonynwosa: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2009
nuzo:

Calm down a little, the northern senators who initially called for annihilation of entire nigeri deltans have agreed to 50% derivation formula.
agreed my ass. you sound like you're not in this country. 50% derivative formular so?? the NORTHERN senators, how long will this rubbish and deceit continue?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2009
amarilo:

Open University d look for Adult Students. I think you should go and enrol or you give way for people with sound English to discuss. cheesy

Whatever. . . ever heard of typos. . .? thou Niger Deltan.

Point is you guys must stop brewing storms in teacups over what is not! grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by noblegas2(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ol boy dose guys are Fcukin crazy, if dey like dey can continue to bomb der caban but wen it comes to Lag, men dey had better back down O! Especially wit our 1 & only Capable gov ( fashola), Nice Warnin Gov. cuz dose idiot & Ignorant guys think dey can do anytin at anytime dey like. Imagine in a Country dat Usually lead wen dey are goin for a (Peace Keepin) is now been challenged by a group of gangsters, I say Bleep D amnesty or wateva, why cant dey motivate d Military forces & scatter dem, Instead, dey wanna show der weakness by NEGOTIATING wit dose gangsters, Oh! Bleep Yar `Adua self cuz he aint capable of doin sh*t, but anyways make he no repeat itself again 4 Lag cuz gobe go happen O!!! as our Able Governor don talk am, EKO O NI BAJE OO!!

@ freezy u really made a Good point as regards to d Land Use Act but those guys neva completed nursery school, so i dont thinnk dey know wat dat mean, ppl wey no reach dem dey make better tin, na to dey carry Guns & terrorise ppl na him dey sabi, but anyways like i said make all dose rubbish dey happen 4 dey area & not Lagos OOOO! or else,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Tallest Buildings In Nigeria / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. / Miyetti Allah Apologises To Governor Ortom Over Benue Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.