Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22614 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2009
Tonynwosa:

agreed my ass. you sound like you're not in this country. 50% derivative formular so?? the NORTHERN senators,  how long will this rubbish and deceit continue?

How long have they been deceiving you and since when did you find out sir? cool
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You want revelation and not Genesis, cos we ave moved away from "if chicken mess my portion, i will kill his eggs"
Time for Nija to move ahead and stop yarning dust
how  did a convo about constitution not being a decree = to the drivel im seeing?
who is yarning dusts?
are u suffering from a spirtiual disease or what?
do u have to respond to everybody?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tubabie(f): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2009
Quote from: Tonynwosa on Today at 06:41:54 PM
For all I know MEND cannot be stopped by Fashola the fedral govt has tried for about 10yrs what's the result?? let alone a state.whoever is saying the attack is not fair on Lagos should go the Niger delta and see first hand the situation then we can talk about fairness. know that the aim was not to dis-stabilize lagos but  to hinder the returns the fedral govt gets from these oil companies.The federal govt is the target no matter where is struck.
MEND has ordered a 60days seize fire to enable negotiations with govt. so they know what they want and this struggle might just make the fed. govt seat up to our needs.They are indirectly fighting for the whole country.

So How does bombing Lagos and killing of innocent citizens look fair, I advise the fight should be taken to Abuja!
That said , I support the agitation of the Niger Delta people but not the manner in which they are going about it.
So far , we have been making recommendations for resource control but HOW can that see fruition if the constitution is not ammended?
Let the Govt. take their taxes and whatever is due them, and let every state manage their resources!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I hope you are not a tribalistic at all, cos i think it is a worm that causes some diseases.
However, WA and ZO together and make it look it is against the BIA is not healthy at all for the unity of the nation.
The "BIA" indigens never came out and contest for election and they are denied, i will vote for an igbo man, cos i have nothing against them, but i will not vote only cos he is Igbo, i wanna vote cos of his record, cos i know he can do something for Nigeria that others cant.
Whenever you wanna refer to the FG, no need to do the hausa, Yoruba and Igbo nonsense, just refer to the FG
They lost the war and that made Nigeria {not hausa and yoruba} a winner, and i think it is time they let go of that past, and move on from the war that was never a good thing anyways.
Instead of wallowing in self pity, it is time to move past that and let Nigeria lives.
Quebec wanted to seperate from Canada and they still trying to, but in the meantime, they are living together in harmony.
i am sure not all Ghana tribes are happy with resources sharing, but they working together for peace and unity, but Nija wanna show macho and their stupidity
Even if their papa planted the Oil there, they need to chill a little and not kill innocent cos of the Oil.
All the money they have made from kidnapping and grant, what have they got to show for it? nothing
Yet, they are whining that people are not bombing with them

Honestly, I am not a tribalist but a realist.I am from the Niger Delta,  I have lived in Lagos for most of my adult life and i am married to an Igbo. Also I have friends who are Hausa and I tell them my views when we discuss. The day people are allowed to choose their leaders be it chancellor, Governors, Presidents etc is the day we will start on the road to resolving most of our problems. But i am asserting that the FG as represented by the Elites mostly Hausa and Yoruba who are only interested in self preservation would not allow that. They are responsible (by proxy) in choosing most of our leaders.

Also you cannot do away with tribe, a constitution should recognize and deal with tribal differences, because that is how we came into the Nigerian state. like Americans recognize ethnic differences between the citizens, that does not make them less patriotic.  

the main problem with Nigeria is that there are no avenues to pour out grievances. The government would suppress you until you do something drastic like carry arms or go on strike.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by amarilo: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2009
freezy:

Whatever. . . ever heard of typos. . .? thou Niger Deltan.
Point is you guys must stop brewing storms in teacups over what is not! grin
U did same to somebody yesterday and heshe asked u the same question. Moreover i did not see any typo in what you wrote. The spelling d bam but tenses no gum. Open Uni is calling. grin grin do urself a favour. tongue tongue
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
wirinet:

Honestly, I am not a tribalist but a realist.I am from the Niger Delta,  I have lived in Lagos for most of my adult life and i am married to an Igbo. Also I have friends who are Hausa and I tell them my views when we discuss. The day people are allowed to choose their leaders be it chancellor, Governors, Presidents etc is the day we will start on the road to resolving most of our problems. But i am asserting that the FG as represented by the Elites mostly Hausa and Yoruba who are only interested in self preservation would not allow that. They are responsible (by proxy) in choosing most of our leaders.

Also you cannot do away with tribe, a constitution should recognize and deal with tribal differences, because that is how we came into the Nigerian state. like Americans recognize ethnic differences between the citizens, that does not make them less patriotic.  

the main problem with Nigeria is that there are no avenues to pour out grievances. The government would suppress you until you do something drastic like carry arms or go on strike.

I feel you and i respect you for your choice of friends and all that.
But the day the law recognizes tribe, that is the day, they will have to start recognizing religion, sexes, and even have to have a special place in the book for homos and men with many wives, cos they are human and it is only fair.
I think the law need to prevent people form being tribalistic, a yoruba man shd not just give jobs to yoruba people, and banks shd not hire marketers based on looks.
The problems is, everything goes, and if the igbos dont like how they are being dealt with, they have the right to deal with it, but not by carrying arms, cos the people they are fighting for will die in the process.
If you tell me now that they went to bomb Aso Rock, then, i will know they are making the case known, but bombing some place that has nothing to do with FG is what i hate
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
Thou insincere element! you've added lying to your wiles abi? Show us a quote.
I have had my share of schools. . . No open uni 4 me  tongue tongue

Tell you boyz to sha stay away from lagos. . . else we kick their butts all the way from epe to bayelsa!  cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
freezy:

Tell you boyz to sha stay away from lagos. . . else we kick their butts all the way from epe to bayelsa!  cheesy cheesy

grin Lol
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha3: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
I do not know why yoruba peeps here see this as an attack on yorubas.Please all should visit saharareporters and click on Atlas Cove Attack:Time to Renegotiate Nigeria written by Yinka Odumakin on behalf of Afenifere Renewal Group.I posted the piece here 2 times but the admin seems to be removing it.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2009
asha 3:

I do not know why yoruba peeps here see this as an attack on yorubas.Please all should visit saharareporters and click on
written by Yinka Odumakin on behalf of Afenifere Renewal Group.I posted the piece here 2 times but the admin seems to be removing it.

It is an attack on Yoruba when someone says Fashola is just another yoruba idiot.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
@asha
break it down into bits? (as in divide the write up into 2-3 parts)
it may be too large

lets read
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by amarilo: 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2009
freezy:

I will dig it for you. Keep on lieing like ur brothers
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha3: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

It is an attack on Yoruba when someone says Fashola is just another yoruba idiot.

Are you more interested about what a bigot wrote or what Yinka wrote
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
kia kai kai

my eyes oooo

moderator plz lock this thread, tooooooooo biased!

to say that the oduduwa aint the most tribalistic people might just be an understatement, but i think 2nite is the answer

why did an attack at the nigeria oil watever implies an attack on Oduduwa

Gov Fashola has failed completely; hmmm complacency is takin over, so when u picture Obama watchin his speeches on iran saga u think is a joke

he should have direct his words on the destruction of fg asset in lagos instead sayin the people of Lagos,  shocked shocked shocked shocked wetin he wan proof, poeple of lagos, nooooo, this is nigeria oil we are talkin about, he failed

so oduduwa trait there for yall onec again,

any doubt

if mend blew bridges then, fashola have a case but is it??hmm

are mend stupid
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2009
Nah. No need breaking it. That's why moderators were appointed. [s]To become pains in the. . . You know now![/s]

Yeh, i'mma take it very personal when an idiot calls Fasola names.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by naijaway(m): 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
In all honesty MEND is at fault. Like Fashola said, Lagos is a melting point. Many of us from different tribes were born in the almighty Lagos including many deltans from ijaw, itsekiri, igbo speaking, etc. They should keep clamoring behind the igbos until an igbo with national intrest (which many are) wins the election of the presidency and this kind of thing happens, they will see the kind of reaction then, i know one thing, it will be swift and stark. I don't support MEND in 90% of their ways, the only thing they say that is true is that their region is undeveloped like many other regions and states. I understand that the oil is from their side but if we are all in Nigeria, and oil is of global importance, why then should a bunch of illitrates be allowed to run something of that nature. They will only buy all kinds of weapons with the profits and still not develop the so called place and then remind the delta igbos that they are igbos so in otherwords they are out. I can go on and on from what I perceive these cultist and criminals called MEND have as propaganda.
 Nigeria is very corrupt, tribal, and uncontent. These are national problems, even Ibori was /is one of the richest man in the world today but MEND turned a blind eye. Is good to do agidi sometimes and shirra anyhow to get something in return like those MEND guys, but when you begin distrupting other peoples little reliefs like the traders from the east who travels or sends goods everyday to the west in spite of all the hinderances bad leadership have impressed on  Nigeria, then that is really crossing the line.
  Fashola should not negotiate with criminals but speak for injustice in Nigeria as a whole and of course lagos, but also on the emphasis of good goverance in all states and the need for infrastructure and national equality in Delta state development; Because it is too easy to speak out for mend while they are in your state and regions all around nigeria and they are saying something different like total control, total nation, total border control, visas to go from onitsha to ondo or lagos, radioing towers from onitsha, enugu, benin, lagos, ogun, osun etc to current delta state when heading from west to east or vice versa; putting a stop to any importation from any other nigerian state including the east and west because they can now deal directly with biigger powers; quick to excercise their newfound strength on the west or the east because they will be capable to and also possess more sophisticated weapons under the disguise of soverignity.  This kinds of things are reality and i don't think this kinds of rubbish will bring peace. Nigeria should tackle our problems of infrastructure, honesty, religious freedom, human rights and equality. If we can get this right, then no need for niger delta country, many igbos just need a fair playing field and accountability from the govt and all that biafra talking will be hush cuz many know that there is power in numbers and if biafra failed to achieve her own country, i don't think if the igbos are against ur cause in Nigeria you can do anything more than shout and commit small small attacks; the only reason MEND has not been mended is because the igbos are turning a blind eye as long as no one is getting hurt.
  Nigeria is for all nigerians regardless of tribe and what is in it belongs to everyone good or bad owey.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

kia kai kai

my eyes oooo

to say that the oduduwa aint the most tribalistic people might just be an understatement, but i think 2nite is the answer

Gov Fashola has failed completely; hmmm complacency is takin over, so when u picture Obama watchin his speeches on iran saga u think is a joke

he should have direct his words on the destruction of fg asset in lagos instead sayin the people of Lagos, shocked shocked shocked shocked wetin he wan proof, poeple of lagos, nooooo, this is nigeria oil we are talkin about, he failed

any doubt

ifr mend blew bridges then, fashola have a case but is it??hmm

And some1'd say it aint an attack on Yorubas. . .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

kia kai kai

my eyes oooo

he should have direct his words on the destruction of fg asset in lagos instead sayin the people of Lagos,  shocked shocked shocked shocked wetin he wan proof, poeple of lagos, nooooo, this is nigeria oil we are talkin about, he failed

any doubt

ifr mend blew bridges then, fashola have a case but is it??hmm

i am so disappointed in this writeup
When they brought the war to lagos, they have attacked Fashola, cos that is his territory and as a great governor, u dont expect him to rub the MENDs fukcing heads and say well done.
they could keep their madness away from where people wanna do their biz and not fight for oil
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha3: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2009
@freezy

Focus more on what Yinka is whom you all know is writing rather focusing on what people in cyberspace are writing.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2009
amarilo:

I will dig it for you. Keep on lieing like ur brothers

So, who needs NOUN? YOU!!!! Phhhbtt!!  tongue
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Tonynwosa: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2009
tubabie:

Quote from: Tonynwosa on Today at 06:41:54 PM
So How does bombing Lagos and killing of innocent citizens look fair, I advise the fight should be taken to Abuja!
That said , I support the agitation of the Niger Delta people but not the manner in which they are going about it.
So far , we have been making recommendations for resource control but HOW can that see fruition if the constitution is not ammended?
Let the Govt. take their taxes and whatever is due them, and let every state manage their resources!!

Then the state of the Niger Delta,The deaths and wipe out of villages in Bayelsa state and other regions by the Obasanjo govt must be fair to you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the killing of innocent lives. what I'm saying is that the fed govt.'s negligence have brought this to us. what do you expect from people that decided to give up their lives for this struggle,
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
Tonynwosa:

Then the state of the Niger Delta,The deaths and wipe out of villages in Bayelsa state and other regions by the Obasanjo govt must be fair to you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the killing of innocent lives. what I'm saying is that the fed govt.'s negligence have brought this to us. what do you expect from people that decided to give up their lives for this struggle,

You missing the whole point, no one is against their fight, but killing while all that is happening is cannibalistic and needs to stop.
If they really have balls, they shd go to abuja and go and face the FG and not being a coward as they have displayed by bombing places
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by amarilo: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
freezy:

So, who needs NOUN? YOU!!!! Phhhbtt!!  tongue
Hahaha i have touched a wounded lion.
It was written cuz of you.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by freezy(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
amarilo:

Hahaha i have touched a wounded lion.
It was written cuz of you.

Patiently waiting round the corner. . .  With a baseball bat
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
i am so disappointed in this writeup
When they brought the war to lagos, they have attacked Fashola, cos that is his territory and as a great governor, u dont expect him to rub the MENDs fukcing heads and say well done.
they could keep their madness away from where people wanna do their biz and not fight for oil

now u listen fhemmy

to say that the oduduwa aint the most i repeat the most tribalistic people on earth hmm na joke abi While obj order the butcherin of Odi people, niger-delta never for once sees it as an attack from yorubas, but nooooooooo did the nigerians sees it like that NO we see FG

but for so long the same delta has been blowin up nigeria oil pipe line in their soil which the same fg uses nigeria oil money to fix it back but as soon as there is an attack in lagos,

oduduwa are popin out their trait

disappointed hahhahhha NO we know TRust
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

now u listen fhemmy

to say that the oduduwa aint the most i repeat the most tribalistic people on earth hmm na joke abi While obj order the butcherin of Odi people, niger-delta never for once sees it as an attack from yorubas, but nooooooooo did the nigerians sees it like that NO we see FG

but for so long the same delta has been blowin up nigeria oil pipe line in their soil which the same fg uses nigeria oil money to fix it back but as soon as there is an attack in lagos,

oduduwa are popin out their trait

disappointed hahhahhha NO we know TRust
\
I have listen to you and i do aprpeciate what you said, but here is my take.
When OBJ ordered the killing of the MENDs, i was against it, even though, there was no reason to, cos they declare war against the govt, no millitant shd be saved from the face of the sword, when OBJ started the $hit, i see it as FG against the MENDs and vice versa.
When they were bombing stuff on their own soil, i was never in support, cos it is always affecting the innocent people.
Now they wanna take the madness to another state, i mean another state entirely, they are dumber with dumber stickers.
they should go to Abuja and not lagos.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by WilyWily: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
The Main Attack is coming soon, what happened was just a little incursion by Our Commandos,
To Civilians, Please stay clear of anything Military and any Federal Infrastructures. Don't mingle with military personnel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

PDP To FG: Ensure That Fani-Kyode Does Not Die In Detention, Nigerians React / Osita Chidoka Picks Form For Anambra Governorship Elections - Pictures / Contact Ministry Of Happiness If You've Not Received Nov/Dec Salaries - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.