Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? (32501 Views)

Is Jamb Really Adding 40 Marks For The Candidates? / Jamb Reducing/removing Their 40 Marks / When JAMB Adds 40 Marks To Your Initial Score(hilarious Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Vanpascore(m): 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
JAMB'S ADDITIONAL 40 MARKS, A BONUS OR COMPENSATION?

Hello nairalanders, especially those writing the ongoing UTME, the parents and the concerned citizens. Most of us must have seen or heard about the change that happened to the scores of those who wrote their exams on the 27th and 29th, i.e the 1st and 2nd days of the ongoing utme exam. I argued it when a friend told me that 40 marks have been added to his brother's earlier released score. Besides, what about very high scores obtained in some subjects? Imagine a candidate who had 95% in Geography! Also, here on nairaland, a screen shot showed a candidate who scored 399 over 400 in JAMB! Those who wrote UME under Salim will understand better. My questions about this additional mark are:
1. What happened to the first released result?
2. Were those who wrote after d first 2 days also given this additional mark?
3. What is the fate of those who are yet to write theirs? Will they have additional marks or deductions?
4. Can we say JAMB made mistake? If yes, it means JAMB's competency should be examined by another exam body. This is so because if mistake is to be made, should it be from evaluators?
With varying marks, what level of reliability or validity can one place these scores? As an educationist, who specialized in curriculum development and evaluation, i am begining to doubt JAMB because the 40 marks added after the initial release of result were uncalled for. Some said it is bonus while to others, it is just to compensate the candidates because of what they experienced with system in the exam hall.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ask Dibu Ojerinde

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by kennyman2000(m): 6:26am On Mar 05, 2016
CCM.. Confusion compensation mark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by nairalandaddict: 6:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Jamb Question undecided

18 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by mccoy47(m): 6:27am On Mar 05, 2016
All I knw is that the new mgt of JAMB is dàft!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by constance500: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Wait lemme call buhari first,

2 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Sunnycliff(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
I am not in support of the 40 marks give away. It reveals the product of a failed system. JAMB should go back to the drawing board for better efficiency and effectiveness!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by mimson2009(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Well it seems JAMB re lost

4 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by KelvinC1(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Vanpascore:
JAMB'S ADDITIONAL 40 MARKS, A BONUS OR COMPENSATION?

Hello nairalanders, especially those writing the ongoing UTME, the parents and the concerned citizens. Most of us must have seen or heard about the change that happened to the scores of those who wrote their exams on the 27th and 29th, i.e the 1st and 2nd days of the ongoing utme exam. I argued it when a friend told me that 40 marks have been added to his brother's earlier released score. Besides, what about very high scores obtained in some subjects? Imagine a candidate who had 95% in Geography! Also, here on nairaland, a screen shot showed a candidate who scored 399 over 400 in JAMB! Those who wrote UME under Salim will understand better. My questions about this additional mark are:
1. What happened to the first released result?
2. Were those who wrote after d first 2 days also given this additional mark?
3. What is the fate of those who are yet to write theirs? Will they have additional marks or deductions?
4. Can we say JAMB made mistake? If yes, it means JAMB's competency should be examined by another exam body. This is so because if mistake is to be made, should it be from evaluators?
With varying marks, what level of reliability or validity can one place these scores? As an educationist, who specialized in curriculum development and evaluation, i am begining to doubt JAMB because the 40 marks added after the initial release of result were uncalled for. Some said it is bonus while to others, it is just to compensate the candidates because of what they experienced with system in the exam hall.
it is CORRUPTION
#ADOYII

1 Like

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Ezerbullet(m): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2016
After seeing that more than 50 percent scored below hundred, they had no choice. Their anti-guessing software is a dream killer.

5 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by kayceerilyn(f): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2016
It is not fair enough.Someone somewhere will argue that if given the same opportunity,they will score 399 or even 400............... I will rather suggest that they remark it so as to give everyone equal and fair grades that they deserve

8 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by samokog(m): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2016
Sorry, it has been confirmed no body scored 399. The guy only score 199

11 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by dexpee4life(m): 6:31am On Mar 05, 2016
the nation is becoming more confused. Everyone is "changing".

1 Like

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by eedriyz(m): 6:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Maybe the system took 40 marks from everyone for real. Cos before then, the scores I'm hearing are low, now people are passing like it's common entrance. JAMB has lost it

2 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Sirfergie1(m): 6:33am On Mar 05, 2016
This is another JAMB question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by zenith4biz(m): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Jamb should have reduced the cut off mark instead of adding dubious marks.
Adding marks shows jamb's gross incompetence

2 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2016
When a little boy told me that JAMB had given a bonus mark of 40 each to candidates, I thought it's a lie.

Be that as it may, the truth still remains: Universities, polytechnics, monotechnics and colleges of education won't admit more than the available spaces they have. Watch it, with this additional 40 marks, schools would increase the cut off marks for jambites.

7 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by segzyj(m): 6:42am On Mar 05, 2016
Dibu is a fraudster , he shld be probe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by iambabaG: 6:50am On Mar 05, 2016
It is very sad.. The marking system should be made public. You write an exam, come out very sure on what you wrote and when the scores come out.. You wonder if that's your result.
On the additional 40 marks, it shows the possible flaw in computerized system. The should stop testing out their CBT with the future of jambites.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by sheubaba2013: 6:53am On Mar 05, 2016
Pls is the 40 marks after the result have been released or before the result was released?
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by CioAngels(f): 6:53am On Mar 05, 2016
Conpensation ofcourse, for hapharzad preparation by jamb. Dibu ojerinde, must you pretend to know what you are doing when in actual fact you don't? Disturbing the children year-in year-out, with no proper planning. Why not learn the proper method of computer based examinations before implementation. Also, many of the student had never used computer all their lives. Rather than practise overtime, no, you rush into it becos is what they use abroad, forgetting that they starts teaching their children the use of computer and other things from tender age. Nigeria is a copy cat who will always wait for the saner countries to introduce and they follow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by gsnazzy1(m): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2016
increase in dollar increase in jamb score... (that is not their real score o)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Igholize(m): 6:56am On Mar 05, 2016
I keep sayin it dat.... Jamb examination is a fraud nd it been used 2 extort nigerians nd it shld b scrap off bcox, any exam 1 participated nd nt issued a certificate' den, it nt an exam... On d other hand, they said it an entrance examination' I.e an entrance exam to d higher institutions direct? I.e (one gaining admission direct into d higher institutions after passing ) or an entrance exam 2 allow u sit/ participate 4 anoda entrance exam. (Post jamb) ?... Jamb shld b scrap nd various higher institutions should be allowed 2 conduct dier entrance exams dem selves... I don comot here

7 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by mbhs139(m): 6:58am On Mar 05, 2016
@OP, talking about writing JAMB under Salem, the man who boasted that he's a boss to two Major Generals, was one era those of us then would never forget. Starting from buying the form from going to submit same at Ikoyi, then waiting endlessly for your exam center to be posted, or you had better go back to Ikoyi, one or two days to the exam, to check your centre, with those touts running after you like bees. They, tout, even have apprentice. I could remember one Aunty Kudi, my regular customer for the four years that I wrote JAMB. Omo, e no easy o!

That's why anytime I pass through Ikoyi, especially around that JAMB office, I always pluck any flower I see around because I know that part of my money which I spent on JAMB was used to plant those flowers.

Now, talking seriously about the 40 additional marks debacle, just like others have said here, it appears the examination body doesn't know what they are doing. That's just the summary of it all. Because if an examiner could be found wanting the exam that they set, what then do you expect of the examinee?

And I think part of the problem has to do with the registrar, Prof. Ojerinde. He's so much particular about leaving a legacy, attributing so many so called successes of the body to his name -just line one lousy Dibu-test. He's living in the impression that he has brought innovation to the writing of JAMB whereas he is actually Killing the system by not properly thinking through of the consequence of what they are doing. Let me stop here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by idris4r83(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by samx4real(m): 7:04am On Mar 05, 2016
The additional 40marks shows UTME is ineffective!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Psalm18: 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
CioAngels:
Conpensation ofcourse, for hapharzad preparation by jamb. Dibu ojerinde, must you pretend to know what you are doing when in actual fact you don't? Disturbing the children year-in year-out, with no proper planning. Why not learn the proper method of computer based examinations before implementation. Also, many of the student had never used computer all their lives. Rather than practise overtime, no, you rush into it becos is what they use abroad, forgetting that they starts teaching their children the use of computer and other things from tender age. Nigeria is a copy cat who will always wait for the saner countries to introduce and they follow.
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by zzzzy: 7:08am On Mar 05, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
When a little boy told me that JAMB had given a bonus mark of 40 each to candidates, I thought it's a lie.

Be that as it may, the truth still remains: Universities, polytechnics, monotechnics and colleges of education won't admit more than the available spaces they have. Watch it, with this additional 40 marks, schools would increase the cut off marks for jambites.
that is definitely true.
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by amtaken(f): 7:09am On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God that JAMB is not ashamed to remedy the situation.

Do you know what it means for you to know what to write but can't because the computer shut down an hour earlier because it was programmed to have started an hour before you were actually allowed to start?

GOD bless JAMB management for their thoughtfulness.

3 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Psalm18: 7:10am On Mar 05, 2016
In any sane country.
Dibu should have resigned or be fired.
I bet the Cbt contract was given to a 'friendly ict company' with little competence in this things and Dibu ojerinde is smiling to the bank with his kickback.

Sacrificing our young people for his selfish gains. The 40 additional mark is papering over the cracks.

4 Likes

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Lecturebidz(m): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2016
constance500:
Wait lemme call buhari first,
Oboy i don tink of sumtin lik dis b4 o(@ Signature)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hurray, ASUU Wants Prompt Pay For Endless Strikes! / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School / Different Types Of Nigerian Universities Lecturers (meme Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.