Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death (19912 Views)

Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats / Police Officers Escape Death In Third Mainland Crash / Kano-port Harcourt Train Services Begin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
Passengers travelling by train from Kano to Port Harcourt on Thursday evening narrowly escaped death as a cement producing company truck loaded with bags of cement while passing an illegal crossing point caused the rail line to shift from its normal position on the approach of the train.

The incident occurred along Mungedi, a highly populated suburb in Madobi local government area of Kano state at 4:16 p.m., sixteen minutes after takeoff of the train from the Kano terminal.

Villagers who noticed the ugly development and helplessly watch the Dangote driver as he ran away abandoning the vehicle made concerted effort to flag down the train, which was on speed.

The driver of the train identified as Garba Garba who responded to the villagers’ wave of hand and managed to drive the train to a halt confessed “it would have been too dangerous for the entire passengers, the crew, the coaches and the surrounding houses if the train had derailed because of the shift.”

An eye witness, Suleiman Abubakar, said “the shift on the rail line occurred because the truck and the load were too big for the small route passing over the rail line,” adding “that the truck also kept on trusting back and front while on the rail track because of a turn it wanted to negotiate by the side the rail line.”

A team of policemen were promptly mobilized and drafted by the Railway authority to the sight of the incident to keep vigil on the Dangote truck whose driver had escaped for possible arrest and also to control the surging population from the nearby settlements on hearing the news.
https://www.informationng.com/2016/03/train-passengers-enroute-port-harcourt-from-kano-narrowly-escape-death.html

3 Likes

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
tank God

more news update::: Photo :: Nigerian Professor Solved 156-
Year-Old Maths Problem, Which Carries
$1Million Prize http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/photo-nigerian-professor-solved-156.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by diasporaman(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2016
DEATH-Devil's Evil Agenda Terminating Human is terminated in our lives IJN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by nabiz(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God. But I think its time to start looking into all these Dangote truck this and that. Dangote truck has kill more Nigerian than Ebola and still nothing much is done

19 Likes

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by politricks: 7:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Nigerians with lawlessness and short cut are always like bread and butter.
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Gozzzy(m): 7:32am On Mar 05, 2016
when I saw ''truck'', dangote truck came to my mind, and sadly I wasn't disappointed!!!!! isn't it time someone called dangote to order, to call his drivers to order undecided undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by 9jvirgin(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2016
Movement to the free world......May 28th. Thank you God.
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Dangote's truck- The biggest death in our roads!

8 Likes

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Dangote's truck- The biggest death trap on our roads!

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by kuuljay(m): 8:39am On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God, I experimented by entering this train from enugu to makurdi, wasn't disappointed, there is enough booz and food inside best journey ever grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by okuneddie(m): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2016
Thank u Lord for saving lives.....Dangote truck again.....the rubbish dem dey cause for Lagos - Abeokuta expressway never do them ba

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by ErasmusCOMP: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2016
Kudos to the vigilant community and observant train driver.
I don't want to believed stories of truck drivers 'disappearing' from accident scenes.... though I still wonder how a truck driver disappeared from my sight and that of other commuters immediately after coming to rest in a gutter with it's haul blocking half of the lane (Ajayi farms, Lagos Abeokuta express way, Ikeja, near computer village ) few months ago.

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by opeyemiieblog(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
diasporaman:
DEATH-Devil's Evil Agenda Terminating Human is terminated in our lives IJN
amen
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
GOD SAVE ME THIS YEAR cheesy
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by nasty45(m): 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
Chinco sth
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Lakayanah: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
I just hope these dangote trucks are not used to bring in the required amount of blood to keep the empire going.

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
No month goes by without Dangote trucks causing I problem or the other

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by chukslawrence(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by GGVICTOR(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
ope o
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by danidee10(m): 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
Lakayanah:
I just hope these dangote trucks are not used to bring in the required amount of blood to keep the empire going.

that's what i suspect... too
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Emmanuel125(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God... As as how na.. E no fit happen... Devil will remain heart broken

1 Like

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
thank God for His protection o
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Btruth: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Gozzzy:
when I saw ''truck'', dangote truck came to my mind, and sadly I wasn't disappointed!!!!! isn't it time someone called dangote to order, to call his drivers to order undecided undecided
a bi? And for all the drivers to call all their trucks to order?
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
This has to be the biggest transport news to me, that that's a Railway Service between Kano and Port-Harcourt. How come and since when ?

Kano — Kaduna — Ilorin — Ibadan — Lagos. YES

P.H — Enugu — Makurdi — Kafanchan — Jos — Bauchi — Maidugari. Partially Yes
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by kachnov(m): 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by AyakaDunukofia: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
One of the legacies of Goodluck Jonathan.

On a side note, the draw back of the Kano PH passenger train is the inevitable shipping of beggars and the sickly to the East.

The fare is cheaper and this sort of passengers constitute 95% of the Hausa Fulani who use the long train ride to the south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by GENT95(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oya make una blame PDP 4 dis
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by ogahomale: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
thank God
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by otokx(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dangote Trucks and their drivers are something else.
Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by 19naia(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
Remember that rail accidents are still common and very deadly in countries like USA where rail line is well developed and full of safety measures and monitoring.
When Nigerians were lauding their recent development and expansion of rail systems, i knew it was like celebrating the coming of the funeral undertaker, while i watch frequent news broadcast of deadly and disastrous train wrecks in USA, Canada and Europe. I still wouldn't ride rail in Nigeria because people are still mentally disconnected from the reality of the vulnerable nature of rail systems.
Its not like a road that allows the vehicle to drive around pot holes. And its not like a road vehicle that can stop on short notice and react more readily to surprise situations. Sure trains are isolated to their own throughway, but the through way is not entirley isolated from interference by roadways and other activities.

The trains that go buy in my area. They often service a local Ford auto manufacturing plant.

Re: Kano-port Harcourt Train Passengers Narrowly Escape Death by JuanDeDios: 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
kuuljay:
Thank God, I experimented by entering this train from enugu to makurdi, wasn't disappointed, there is enough booz and food inside best journey ever grin grin grin grin
Really? I hope there are fine gals too to chat with?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World / Living In Kuwait-kuwait Visa Application Form And Requirement / FRSC Releases List Of 24000 Unclaimed Driver's License.See If Your Name Is On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.