Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) (40858 Views)

Man Who Wears Double Bra To Disguise As Woman Caught & Paraded In Minna (Photos) / Police Recover Drugs As Another Davido’s Friend, Crew Member Die / Nigerian Man Killed For Selling Drugs In South Africa. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by dre11(m): 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Kunle Falayi

The operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, have seized a drug haul worth N222m and arrested two clearing agents who allegedly disguised the drugs as artificial hair and foodstuffs.

According to a statement by NDLEA spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, the drugs – 24.7kg of methamphetamine disguised as artificial hair, 2.810kg of cocaine concealed in foodstuff and 27.250kg of diazepam – were about to be smuggled out of the country when they were discovered.

Commenting on the seizure, NDLEA airport commander, Ahmed Garba, said, “Preliminary investigation has shown that two of the suspects, Akpan Jacob and Nwaeyizia Sylvester (both clearing agents), conspired to export 24.7kg of methamphetamine. Another agent, Mike Odofia, had 50 packs each of diazepam tablets and injections while an exporter, Orji Otuu, was found in possession of 2.810kg of cocaine. We are leaving no stone unturned in improving the operational activities of the command.”

Jacob who is married with five children, said that he agreed to take the job because of financial difficulties.

“I am from Akwa Ibom State. I was given this job by another clearing agent, Sylvester. Ordinarily, I would not have accepted the job but I had no choice because of my family problems,” he said.
Sylvester too told officials that Akpan was the one that mounted pressure on him to do the job.

“I was never interested in this job but the pressure from Akpan was too much so I gave him the job. I also gave him N100,000 before my arrest,” he told officials in his statement.

Odofia said in his statement that he was called by a customer to pick up the bag and send it to Conakry, Guinea. “I collected it and went to the airport but during examination, some injections and tablets of diazepam were found inside the bag. This was how I was arrested. I have no idea that there were injections there,” Odofia stated.

Otuu on the other hand explained that exporting foodstuffs abroad was his business. 2.810kg of cocaine was found inside some foodstuff he was about to export to India.

“I normally export African foodstuff and spices to India. But this time round, I was tempted to hide cocaine inside the foodstuff. I had wanted to make about N10m profit but things did not go as planned,” Orji lamented.

The NDLEA has said that the suspects would soon be charged to court.
Chairman of the NDLEA, Muhammad Abdallah,said that many traffickers had been successfully prosecuted by the agency.

He said, “Clearing agents are liable under the law when narcotic drugs are traced to their shipments. They, therefore, have a responsibility to know their customers and produce them on request.

“It is pertinent for them to take necessary measures in preventing their consignment from being used in smuggling narcotic drugs. Investigations into the cases have commenced and more arrests are in the offing.”

www.punchng.com/clearing-agents-disguise-n222m-drugs-as-hair-extension-foodstuff/

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Luckylife(m): 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
Drugs and money is like crime and prison

7 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Islie: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
The operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, have seized a drug haul worth N222m and arrested two clearing agents who allegedly disguised the drugs as artificial hair and foodstuffs.

see money..... shockedshocked

the hustle is real.......
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by VampireeM(f): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
they never hear! See their faces. No matter the condition, there are stilll other legitimate means to earn a living. Most people that go into drug trafficking are Greedy.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by ijustdey: 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
Jacob who is married with five children, said that he agreed to take the job because of financial
difficulties.

that's always their excuse.......

just thank your start that you weren't caught in Indonesia or Malaysia

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
grin grin
The first dude looks like

AMBODE grin grin

I JUST WANNA MAKE COMMON JOKE grin

11 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Babsons: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
Most crimes in this country are aided by insiders.. . Na rat wen dey house dey show outside rats roads

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
Preliminary investigation has shown that two of the suspects, Akpan Jacob and Nwaeyizia Sylvester

Another agent, Mike Odofia,

while an exporter, Orji Otuu

tongue

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
nna ehn y b say for FP topics comment nor dey much again
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Aristotle96(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
The guy on black... His eyes can tell u that he is way high on coke... Geez em no fit even see well again sev undecided grin
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by ibile1: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
see their head.

Get rich or die trying.

1 Like

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by LeFreakSoChic(f): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
People from the land of the rising sun are in the news again for the wrong reasons.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Charly68: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
I think the house should review drug law and make the penalty severe may be the unrepentant carriers would change by so doing . Foolish greedy men who take pleasure in destroying the life of others to make money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by ibkgab001: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
They are from the other divides

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by LajaLaba: 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
IPOB!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by 41lady(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
If this guys where here in Malaysia, the next action is story that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by rawtouch: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Time to do the time
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by erico2k2(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
dre11:

www.punchng.com/clearing-agents-disguise-n222m-drugs-as-hair-extension-foodstuff/

I come check Name. Nothing new as Usual. If not from the right must be from the left of the country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by okuneddie(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Omo see criminals......make God no let us see frustration o.....I almost dived into this one time like that but sat down and was like what if I'm caught, what will be the reaction of my parents and siblings.....I swear I don't pray for any problem that will make me commit crime cos its not even an issue.....I've being thru it before. God have mercy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Saintgeo: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
grin grin The first dude looks like

AMBODE grin grin

i see am
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by olaskul(m): 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
Well you need common sense undecided undecided undecided

ThePeacemaker:
grin grin
The first dude looks like

AMBODE grin grin

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by holluwai(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Monaaaay grin

These guys are industrious now

3 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by emzila(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
one thing is sure, the NAMES will not disappoint you. if you think otherwise, check the names again and again.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by domopps(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
rawswag:
nna ehn y b say for FP topics comment nor dey much again

Another good observant spotted!

Seems most of these guys are writing jamb! You hardly see a thread with 2 or 3 pages lately!

Cheeeeeers

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by shugaboy6102(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
The day we all make sensible comments and stop being tribalistic the better and longer we will live.No matter where you are from once a crime is committed its better to condemn it in strong terms than bring up ethnic sentiments...stay of of drugs is that just difficult

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Pavore9: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
See their faces! angry

2 Likes

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Je suis
Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by hadura29(m): 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
VIPERVENOM:

tongue
Bros that your Henry laughter eeeen, be like bigotry...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) by herkeym001(m): 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Owner Of Strange Shrine Speaks After Alarm Was Raised By Herbalists. Photos / How Soldiers Murdered Police Informant In Delta State (Graphic Photo) / Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Arrested With Charms In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.