Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,010 members, 7,803,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? (2189 Views)

Introducing Implicit Theism : So You Think We Were Born As Atheists ? / Theism And The Pettiness Of God / 104 Christians Convert To Islam In Delta State. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by lepasharon(f): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
I am Ignostic.

Ppl need to properly define what a God is B4 I engage in any arguments.
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Brown47: 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
Meel:
Pls atheists believe in jazz or charm, ( ayeta, okigbe ode echi, paro, bante, e.t.c.).
If dey use one paro struck u , u will believe that mystical beings exists.

Have they ever striked you?
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Brown47: 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
zzzzy:
ya, that's faith.

Realy?
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by zzzzy: 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brown47:

You said only the holy spirit can convert. Since he hasn't convert thats not his fault but the fault of the holy spri spri na.
And you just contradict your bible (matthew 28:19 go and make disciples of all nations... baptise them bla bla bla).
and you think they did it themselves, it is all the work of the holy spirit through them.

Are you the converter? How did you know that he dont want to or whether the spiri had tried converting him

Well, he didn't argue about that. Probably I'm wrong, but from the way it was written, he wanted evidence for an argument not repentance.

Then when did you saw this your god pls

Pls clarify yourself
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by zzzzy: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brown47:

Realy?
ya
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by finofaya: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
I will accept the creation of another life bearing universe as proof. I will accept becoming temporarily near omniscient and omnipotent too. Ideally both at the same time. But how do you define your God anyway? I don't want to make unfair demands of it.
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by ifenes(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
zzzzy:
explain your relationship between power and worship. I don't understand what you mean by the bolded statement.
You are almost right, I don't know upto 1% of God. There are still many things i need to know.

You don't know what god is. Yahweh is not your god. The consciousness(awareness) inside of you is what pilots your body.Without it your body will be useless. What I'm saying is easy for an intelligent person to understand. You cannot worship god because you are it.

The human body can be created in a lab,it take consciousness to power it. In the nearest future,humans will discover how to power consciousness into a human body. That doesn't make them gods. God itself is a religious context,it means everything possible,not a Noun,more like an adjective, a conscious being who is aware that mind leads to matter and can do it....in Hindu,that state of consciousness is called Moksha, a student who has become a graduate.

4 Likes

Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Judas2013: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
A phone with internet?
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Brown47: 7:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
zzzzy:
and you think they did it themselves, it is all the work of the holy spirit through them.

So its the holy spri spri not them again. Ok who baptise jesus? The holy spri spri or John coz the bible tells us is john not the spri spri.

Pls clarify yourself

When did you saw god, if your beliving in god is not blindly and without proof of his existance
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Meel: 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brown47:

Have they ever striked you?
bro dem don strike person for my front
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by zzzzy: 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brown47:

So its the holy spri spri not them again. Ok who baptise jesus? The holy spri spri or John coz the bible tells us is john not the spri spri.

It seems your understanding of the bible is very vague. Before someone accepts christ, it's the work of the Holy Spirit to convict them, not just man. I just don't understand why you are talking of baptism and i don't want to understand as well.

When did you saw god, if your beliving in god is not blindly and without proof of his existance

Jer 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
I probably haven't seen him face to face, but i have found and experienced him. No more questions. I pray that the holy spirit arrests you someday, wink and that day, you'll testify yourself.

While others are criticizing Christianity, the work of christ has never ceased and still increasing, people lives are being changed, God is touching lives out there, The devil has deceived mankind to think they are wiser than God but...
I cor 1:25..
"For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength."
The end is near brother. Very near. Very very near. But as i said earlier, i pray the Holy Spirit arrests you.
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by zzzzy: 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
ifenes:

You don't know what god is. Yahweh is not your god. The consciousness(awareness) inside of you is what pilots your body.Without it your body will be useless. What I'm saying is easy for an intelligent person to understand. You cannot worship god because you are it.

The human body can be created in a lab,it take consciousness to power it. In the nearest future,humans will discover how to power consciousness into a human body. That doesn't make them gods. God itself is a religious context,it means everything possible,not a Noun,more like an adjective, a conscious being who is aware that mind leads to matter and can do it....in Hindu,that state of consciousness is called Moksha, a student who has become a graduate.
I'm tired of replying, at least the Holy Spirit won't.
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oh, I don't know . . . The whole story is all convoluted.

The current laws of nature we know disallow the existence of a God. I have also never seen a God before. and His actions betray his descriptions.

for me to believe, He has to explain himself, reveal himself, and explain how he can exist alongside the natural laws we have established.

He would also have to admit to being a prick in need of worship. but as bros, I can give him that. angry

1 Like

Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by dabosuker(m): 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
ifenes:

bros 3 Origins for you
Re: What Amount Of Evidance Can Make You Convert To Theism? by Weah96: 4:25am On Mar 15, 2016
Every stage 4 cancer patient in a hospital of my choosing should have their tumors go into permanent remission.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crushing The Head Of Poverty: Dr. D.K. Olukoya (MFM) / Homosexuality, the greatest joy of Satan and the demons. / How To Develop Spiritual Sensitivity And Discernment Of Spirit – Apostle Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.