Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction (2021 Views)

Mother Puts Her Child Inside Pocket (Photo) / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? / When you lack sexual satisfaction in your marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by slightlyMad(f): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2016
If you use dettol bar soaps, you will instantly be able to relate to this rip off experience, I feel cheated every time use up about 50% of the soap and it starts yelling "i want a break".
The soap tries to break into two.
The reason behind this breakage is in it's design, Dettol soap has long maintained this slimmer center design
because it helps the company record more profit than it would if the design isn't slim at center, at least you are more likely to pick a new one once your current soap breaks

I have written consumer protection council to look into this to no avail, this is frustrating as it is one soap that really works for my skin but it hardly last a week.

3 Likes

Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by phlamesG: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2016
Lol smiley

But Its still d best
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by delishpot: 8:47am On Mar 06, 2016
The hunter is about to be hunted. Detol una go soon learn.
I feel your pain brother.
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 06, 2016
Lux soap or imperial leather all the way

1 Like

Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by InformedLola(f): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2016
I hate soaps breaking in two. So I use Lifebuoy, it doesn't break and it kills germ effectively.
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
My favourite soap doesn't break like that. tongue
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by Bolanlevivian: 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
Try safe gaurd.

1 Like

Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by AyeeIdris(f): 5:02am On Mar 07, 2016
There is a lot of fake ones out there. It is a possibility that this is one.
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by tpiar: 5:12am On Mar 07, 2016
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by tpiar: 5:13am On Mar 07, 2016
maybe it's fake.

The new soap seems to look like asepso.

Which companies are making these soaps people use everyday, I'm wondering about quality control because you never know what is going on.
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by slightlyMad(f): 5:24am On Mar 07, 2016
it is not fake
every dettol soap you use does this
the problem is the slender middle design

when you use for a while, it wears out, and the already slender center becomes more slender causing it to break
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by tpiar: 5:26am On Mar 07, 2016
the dettol bar in the link I posted has a different design from the one you showed though:
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by viruz007(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2016
Avocado Face & Body Soap is pure and gentle on your skin.

You should try it.
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by slightlyMad(f): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
tpiar:
the dettol bar in the link I posted has a different design from the one you showed though:

that also has a slimmer center, more like hourglass shape
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by tpiar: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
hold on, I might be on a wrong thread.

what are you using the soap for?
Re: Dettol Soap Puts Profit Ahead of Customer Satisfaction by tpiar: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Update : Could My Wife Be Cheating Link : https://www.nairaland.com/3627194/could / Mothers: That Funny Thing That Happened To You In Public During Pregnancy? / My Wife Said She Will Stab Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.