Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Searching & Sharing Chat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Searching & Sharing Chat (83719 Views)

Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / My Reply To: 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Let this be a place where people can share their life's quests without being put in religious boxes (christian, non-christian, atheist, humanist, muslim, etc).
Let this be a place where people can share their journey of searching for the truth, irrespective of where the arguments are coming from (it might be science, it might be logic thinking, it might be experience, it might be religion...).
Let this be a place where people can share what inspires them in order to inspire others.
Let this be a place where people can share their life's difficulties and reflect on them so that others can think along in a constructive way and bring forward suggestions or solutions.
Let this be a place where people respect differences and try to avoid willingly and knowingly offending and insulting.
Let this be a place where it is allowed to agree and disagree without becoming enemies.
Let this be a place of dialogue, listening and building up connections to make a positive change in life.
Let this be a welcoming place where everyone is approached in a loving way.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 06, 2016
I'm curious what everyone is doing on this sunday....

It might surprise a few of you, but...I am about to rush to go for International Mass (I always arrive Africa time cheesy..a bit late). When you are a newcomer in a foreign town (like me), one of the best ways to connect with nice people is to start building your social life by visiting the International Mass. There is a very inspiring relatively young priest here who is very passionate about Africa and has worked in different African countries in the past. We often share a lot of experiences during our meetings and everyone is really interested in learning from one another's culture. As international students we come from all places and its great to see how in a short period of time we are becoming a great group of friends. Every week we do Bible study (with some beers and snacks afterwards ;-)) and we also start organizing events and meetings outside the context of church. What surprises me every time when meeting young christians is their open heart and sincere way in building friendship, not superficial friendships but deeper friendships in which you can share things you often cant share with others.

I am interested in hearing about your sunday plans and experiences with befriending christians.

@reyginus, namebdis4, fikki1, LoJ etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2016
That's wonderful. My weekend/Sunday plans are/is very simple. Watch soccer. Watch Soccer. Watch more soccer. I don't go out except I'm going out to watch soccer in viewing centers or to the stadium.

Befriending Christians? That's very difficult. Not that I'm not Charismatic but their idea of Christianity contradicts mine. A practical contradiction on the life a Christian ought live. I think I have only one Christian friend and he's a Witness the others see me and my views as unchristian.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 06, 2016
Tufanja don't tell me you are letting Jack win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 06, 2016
Good initiative cheesy. The Thread should also serve as a nice chat thread with love and respect for others and their convictions.

Ok I will be the first tongue.

Today is sunday. To me it holds no special significance, apart from the fact that the whole day is free. Today I chatted with a kind of interdenominational christian group online. The group is made of pentecostal christian of african origin. I love their sincerity and desire to help one another, that's why I always chat with them when possible.

They are not many. I think 6 or 7, and love each other pretty much. The only problem is this praying too loud as pentecostal are used to grin

I also think I will watch a nice catholic mass on TV. The singing and the calmness is very nice to me.

Finally, I will read once more the "Magus of Java". The book on Jack Chang the Javanese master of Nei Kung. His story has touched me each time I read, and i think there are some lessons to learn from him. I have tried to get the other book from his other disciple, but no way. Do you guys know him?

In the mean time, I will be reading, liking and sharing the posts of the people I admire on Nairaland. Yes I'm addicted grin

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2016
Magus of Java? What sort of book is it?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
Tufanja don't tell me you are letting Jack win.
I am in support of her move. It is not an issue of letting Jack winning. It is about trying to stop the carnage. Each time insults, despise, words to talk down somebody are uttered, it is a crime against morality. It is better to withdraw and attempt to put an end to it, than to perpetuate the issue, in a desperate attempt to "win". Win what exactly shocked?

Jack is not the only problem of the non christian chat box. We are collectively liable and answerable to whatever happens there. And the attitude of some of us was not always appropriate. The way we respond to a mistake can be a worse mistake.

Greetings.

2 Likes

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
Magus of Java? What sort of book is it?
It's a nice book about an old man in Indonesia who was captured by a documentary doing extraordinary things (Healing, setting a newspaper on fire with his hands etc.). His name is Jack Chang, but the Western named him Dynamo Jack.

After the documentary, a european went to look for Him and miraculously found him and became his disciple. In the book he sheds more light about him, his abilities, his history, and his integrity.

A very deep and nice read.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2016
Might be NL's first breakaway thread. grin

Greetings y'all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Might be NL's first breakaway thread. grin

Greetings y'all...
Greetings sonoflucifer. How is ya day?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 06, 2016
LoJ:

I am in support of her move. It is not an issue of letting Jack winning. It is about trying to stop the carnage. Each time insults, despise, words to talk down somebody are uttered, it is a crime against morality. It is better to withdraw and attempt to put an end to it, than to perpetuate the issue, in a desperate attempt to "win". Win what exactly shocked?

Jack is not the only problem of the non christian chat box. We are collectively liable and answerable to whatever happens there. And the attitude of some of us was not always appropriate. The way we respond to a mistake can be a worse mistake.

Greetings.
Yes. I agree on the insult part but I think it is also immoral to allow the lesser position to defeat the stronger one.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus, here is an excerpt of the Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNcOQK1LWs
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2016
LoJ:

It's a nice book about an old man in Indonesia who was captured by a documentary doing extraordinary things (Healing, setting a newspaper on fire with his hands etc.). His name is Jack Chang, but the Western named him Dynamo Jack.

After the documentary, a european went to look for Him and miraculously found him and became his disciple. In the book he sheds more light about him, his abilities, his history, and his integrity.

A very deep and nice read.

Wow! I think I will read that this week. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2016
LoJ:
Reyginus, here is an excerpt of the Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNcOQK1LWs
Thank you very much. A nice meal to go with my lunch.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 06, 2016
LoJ:

Greetings sonoflucifer. How is ya day?
Going well so far. Yours?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Lolol. Chai. You should know why I'm laughing. I need the manual to your EBook.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 06, 2016
Reyginus:
Lolol. Chai. You should know why I'm laughing. I need the manual to your EBook.
Onyenkuzi.com

Personal site.Will be posting stuff there. Took down the forum. Forums take a lot of time managing. Guess I'll move most of my,ehn, articles, there too.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Likewise. Tell me are u a programmer?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2016
LoJ:

Likewise. Tell me are u a programmer?
Yeah, it's a hobby. Professionally, I'm a network and Sys Admin.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Onyenkuzi.com

Personal site.Will be posting stuff there. Took down the forum. Forums take a lot of time managing. Guess I'll move most of my,ehn, articles, there too.
I did not know before I went to your website. Seems you are a programmer indeed. Sounds interesting. There is a project and they are looking for a good african programmer who can develop web applications and a mobile app as well.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Yeah, it's a hobby. Professionally, I'm a network and Sys Admin.
Ahh ok. Understand.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by fikki1: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2016
Happy Sunday,

no much plan for today(Sunday), just got in from travelling kinda tired sha.. Missed service

well, the idea of befriending Christians especially those whose doctrine are different from yours, it kinda uneasy sometimes, for instance, I have a friend who is a JW(jehova witness), there a lots of this that keeps us together as a being but at the same time quite a lot keeps us at bay.(doctrine) though I love his way of life, its all about LOVE n CARE for others, but basically we tend to quarel wen its comes to sharing the bible passages.

He believes no hell, why mine says sinners goes to hell, I worship in his church n I realized no clapping or dancing nor beating of drums, but mine dats how we appreciate God, he wouldn't succumb to dat either... But above all he teaches LOVE N CARE mayb dats wat still keeps us together

happy thanksgiving..

1 Like

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by fikki1: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]I could let me epistles rain down but alas i cannot even write now, i am well lazy to my marrows today.

Well i think i'd have to adjust my plans for today.. The plan is "Do nothing"

A quiet calm and peaceful day doing nothing, thinking nothing and wishing nothing..

Though surely our lives play out randomly and we all know it doesn't get to play exactly as we hoped, wished or imagined so today might be one of those when random unexpected things happen like me wanting to type few words and it is slowly turning into an epistle..

But i found out life is like a wave, a gravitational wave, sound wave, water wave just a wave.

It flows systematically and yet propagates things at a random and free way, it doesn't stop but rather goes along with the given medium.

So today like always i am going to go with the wave, its like a ride on a boat but this time you are not trying to paddle hard but allowing the ocean waves take you on a dancy ride.

Everywhere in every direction might be filled up with water without any sight of land but many times waves of an ocean ends up in a beach so it may yet take me on this ride and wash me out on a shore..

We've got to be as free as water, water goes freely not minding where, refuses to be stopped and fluidly without a second blink changes in response the factors around. when it meets a stone it goes around it and continues its flow.. That is how i live and intend to keep living.

Like a water just flowing down freely..

Ok it is becoming an epistle.. I've got to stop now.

Happy sols day!!!.
[/b]

you write poems?
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2016
fikki1:

you write poems?
the guy write pass the Wright brothers.... angry angry everytime i read his posts on my tiny screen, my thumb hurts from scrolling.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Onyenkuzi.com

That's good. But why 'Olodo guide to paying tithe'?

Edited. Okay. I get now.
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by fikki1: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

the guy write pass the Wright brothers.... angry angry everytime i read his posts on my tiny screen, my thumb hurts from scrolling.... grin

hahaha... Really..funny u..tell me, how did yhu come about the name(moniker, I mean). I mean no dis respect pls
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
fikki1:

hahaha... Really..funny u..tell me, how did yhu come about the name(moniker, I mean). I mean no dis respect pls
Weed and bad alcohol. embarassed
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by fikki1: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
johnydon22:
Nope never done that
wow, but you flow, like you stroll, infact u did it like u own it, u beat it like its gimmicks, my wish it is if its on ur list as a wish...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by fikki1: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Weed and bad alcohol. embarassed

oh... Alright... Don't do either dunno wat to say... But is it right to say something about it sire... Its a request
Re: Searching & Sharing Chat by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
fikki1:

oh... Alright... Don't do either dunno wat to say... But is it right to say something about it sire... Its a request
Feel free. I don't mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Emir Of Bauchi Rejects Pastor Adeboye's Courtesy Visit To His Palace(pics) / Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.