Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

America Is FREAKING OUT Over The Message Spotted On Stephen Curry’s New Shoes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / America Is FREAKING OUT Over The Message Spotted On Stephen Curry’s New Shoes (2728 Views)

Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got / Biodun Fatoyinbo Spotted On An Outing With His Son Abroad. PIC / Stephen Curry's Shoes Reach Millions For God As Nike's Miss, Cost Them Billions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

America Is FREAKING OUT Over The Message Spotted On Stephen Curry’s New Shoes by Ayomax(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
It’s not too often that we get to see athletes bringing the Bible out on the court—but that’s exactly what Stephen Curry is doing with his trademark shoe through Under Armour.
Curry created quite the stir when he broke his deal with Nike to partner with UA, but it was for an excellent cause. He wanted to incorporate his faith into his footwear so he could promote a powerful message instead of just another empty product.
So what’s the message that’s got people all riled up?
“I can do all things.”
“It represents a Bible verse I wear on my shoe,”
said Curry. “Philippians 4:13. It says ‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.’ It’s also my mantra, how I get up for games and why I play the way I do.”
That’s right, Curry doesn’t only have Christ in his heart, but he’s literally taking Him out on the court every step of the way. And he’s NOT afraid to show it.
Nike wasn’t a fan of the Sharpie-scrawled verse publicizing their brand…
But NOW, he’s got the same Sharpie-style message proudly printed on his UA kicks.
He calls it “The Curry One,” and it’s appropriate tagline is “Charged by Belief.”
No wonder why the 6’3″ sharpshooter is basically unstoppable.
Even LeBron James (another devout NBA Christian) said , “[Curry’s] one of the best
shooters the NBA will ever see. You just hope he misses.”
But Curry will never take credit for his successes on or off the court.
“Obviously, there’s a lot of hoopla and fanfare that follows you wherever you go, but I know where my talent comes from,” said Steph . “I know why I play the game, and it’s not to score 30 points a night, but it’s to use the stage I’m on. I’ve been put here for a specific purpose: to be a witness and to share my testimony as I go through it.”
cc: OAM4J, seun , lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: America Is FREAKING OUT Over The Message Spotted On Stephen Curry’s New Shoes by dabbyz(f): 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
nice

(1) (Reply)

Experience The Presence Of God In Koinonia with Apostle Joshua Selman / Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: / The Dark Secrets Of The Vatican Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.