Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic (1085 Views)

Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic by WestAfricanGoon: 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
A lot of scientists claim to be atheists because there is no evidence for a god. This is an acceptable position to hold but science cannot completely eliminate the existence of a god through the scientific method. You simply cannot prove that something which might not exist does not exist.

I have devised a couple of questions on morality to challenge the existence of god not through science but by god's own principles according to Christianity. Enjoy

Using your common Christian moral standards, answer the following:

1) Choose one option

a) You go to heaven but many go to hell
b) You don't go to heaven but nobody goes to hell also.
This is a moral question which questions why faith seems so appealing to christians. The question here asks you to choose between believing in heaven and hell or believing in nothing happening after death. Christianity is faith based. A belief in heaven or hell is a requirement to be a christian. Is it moral to be overjoyed by accepting through faith that you will make it to heaven? What about the 5 billion people that will go to hell? Does that genocide not disturb you conscience? is it not in the least horrifying? some of your friends are probably going to hell for eternity. But since you personally have been saved, its okay?

2) Do you live like life is just a moment?

As a christian, you believe in eternity after death. If this is the case, are you doing everything you can to attain it? Why are you wasting your time reading this post? Your lifetime compared to eternity is like a moment and it could end at any time. How can you enjoy any of the goodness this world has to offer knowing it will jeopardize your eternity?

3)Who is is morally better?

a) Someone who believes in heaven or hell and does charity

b) An atheist who does charity..

Jesus says you must believe in him to be saved and go to heaven. It's a threat on your soul. Beieve or go to hell. Do good things in my name or go to hell. And so, as a christian, you do good things, either for gods blessing on earth or for his blessings after life. An atheist doesn't believe in god, jesus, blessings or karma. He is not under threat or biased to perform acts of charity. He does it out of the will of his heart expecting nothing in return. Why should his act of morality be on the same level or lower than yours? If I held your face close to burning hot coals or I promise you twice as much later and said you should give the poor some money , that is robbery or investment respectively NOT charity.

4) If you give 2 kids a test. And you give both expo but the second kid throws it away.
If the second kid has the same marks as the first kid how can you claim the 1st kid is smarter since he believed the expo was pure and used it?

This question appeals to a christian's sense of fairness. the bible says, nobody can go to the father except through Christ. How can those that are extremely skeptical like the atheist or those of other faiths like someone born in Saudi Arabia who has never seen any supernatural miracle and will never be exposed to the bible be held accountable even if they live relatively good lives but dismiss the Bible? And if they will be judged based on their good works alone, what is the point of the bible in the first place? Using different standards would be an incentive to get as far away from the bible as possible.

5) Answer the following:

Do you wear several types of material/cloth at the same time?
Do you eat pork?
Do you eat fat?
Do you cook with shrimp?
Did you go to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy?
Have you sold land permanently?

These are weird old testament laws which have not been repealed by Jesus in the new testament. Homosexuality is another law Jesus never spoke about. So on whose authority do you reject all these laws above and accept the laws against homosexuality in the same old testament documentation? Also note, god (the god that never changes) decreed these outlandish laws in Leviticus must be followed FOREVER. Then changed his mind a few hundred years later. Did Jesus override his Father? Note: Talking back to your Father is punishable by death in the old testament grin.

6) Are you an Atheist?

This is a trick question grin You ARE an Atheist. If you are a catholic, you are an Anglican atheist . If you are a protestant, you are a catholic atheist. Being part of one denomination or even being part of no denomination automatically makes you an unbeliever to other denominations. So if you are a practicing christian, you are probably an atheist to more than 50% of all the other Christians out there. You don't believe in their god. It's uncomfortable to think about but that's the fact of the matter.

Hope you enjoyed this philosophical adventure wink

1 Like

Re: How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic by gabinogem(m): 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
Nice reasoning bro... as for me I accept all life can offer but I'm committed to none. cool
Re: How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic by emekamn(m): 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Yawns
Re: How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic by Lex11(m): 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2016
OP... the essence of Christianity is the belief in The Christ, The Lord Jesus.. unto salvation of the soul (from death), all by God's mercies through the operation of His holy word, the Bible - "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17... this in response to your first question. It's not a matter of anyone being "ok" with others suffering or going to hell. We are all -since the fall of Adam - dead in sin (Romans 3:9-12, Colo 2:13), until the Lord GOD magnanimously gives us life. Even then the cost is great evidenced by what The Lord Jesus incomprehensibly suffered.

2. Someone who has truly come to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ is at peace... "That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory." - Ephesians 1:12-14... one need only "occupy" until He returns, or until one is called.

3. God Himself is, and will be the only true judge... so, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about who's "morally better"... it'll be just that... a thought.

Believe my friend... at least search the scriptures and pray for insight. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16
Re: How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic by tobechi20(m): 1:57am On Mar 07, 2016
Let them read history of religion
Re: How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic by WestAfricanGoon: 5:15am On Mar 07, 2016
Lex11:
OP... We are all -since the fall of Adam - dead in sin (Romans 3:9-12, Colo 2:13)

So the sin of our forefather Adam has been cast unto us?

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
So Moses and co believed in being punished only for the sins we have committed personally. This invalidates the purpose of Christ. Moses would have taken the idea of being burdened with Adams sin as utter nonesense

But, you missed the point of the question. The point is that to be born again, you have to believe 5 billion people will go to hell. This is something I don't believe as an agnostic but you believe as a christian. I don't accept that people are born with original sin or people are born inherently evil. I have seen atheists who hate the idea of god but are simultaneously wonderful human beings. A belief in god is not a requisite for morality. There is no need for an almighty all powerful all knowing god to let 5 billion people be born with the sin of Adam. it is pointless and cruel. Its like forcing a woman to give birth to a child which doctors know has a serious deformity that will make the child suffer its whole life. Pointless and cruel. god seems to be the most immoral being of all of us.

3. God Himself is, and will be the only true judge... so, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about who's "morally better"... it'll be just that... a thought.

Jesus has already made himself a judge. Nobody goes to the father except through me So it's safe to say, you are going to hell if you dont believe in jesus christ. this is not me judging. Its the law according to jesus christ. and if jesus is one with god, then this is the word of god. The atheist will go to hell no matter what good he brings to the world

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/03/16 / Pope Francis: Church Will Study Appointing Female Deacons / Warning To All Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.