Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:34 PM

How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) (14296 Views)

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
I will start by stating my observation. Whenever there are attacks from the core northerners in the south, instead of us to rise as one man to condemn and address the issue, you see Igbos mocking Yorubas if the attack was in the west and you see Yorubas mocking Igbos if the attack was in the east. This has to stop because we need a united front to effectively check the fulani caliphate.

It is no longer news that fulani herdsmen or demonic invaders from Futa Jalon have been rated as the 4th deadliest terror group in the world and they have become a big problem for us all over Nigeria. They carry out small attacks now and then in the south but this is nothing compared to the massive cordinated attacks unleashed on the MB people where entire communities are wiped out and occupied by the fulani. I don't intend to bring politics into this but we have a president who is president who is pretending not to know or understand the grand plan of the fulani and looks the other way while fulani move around with their AK 47 riffles terrorising other Nigerians.

More worrisome is that fact that hausa mallams now have the courage to attack in the south, burn cars, houses, shops even a cele church and kill southerners in the south! They even killed our school children!

My particular concern is southern Nigeria, how do we check the advancing demonic invaders from Fouta Jalon?

Suggestions please.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
The reason why people like omenka continue to **** the fulani despite the fact that the MB people are now endangered species at the hands of the fulani invaders is because he knows what will befall his region and people if Nigeria happens to break.

Just imagine the scale of attacks being carried out by the fulani now that we have one nation then imagine what will happen if Nigeria breaks.

Omenka knows that the MB is like a buffer zone between the core jihardist north comprising the hausa/fulani and the south.

The fate of the MB is better imagined than seen.

6 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2016
The reason why I would not make a suggestion is very simple. I hate double-standardness.

Fulani people have been going on rampage for long in SE and SS, yet the SW were very comfortable. In fact, they celebrated and mocked the two regions, especially SE.

Now that the hen has come to roost in the region (Ogun and Lagos), they want everyone in the south to come together to stop the madness. What nonsense?

Are they trying to say the blood of a Yoruba man is more important than that of an Ibo man or an Urhobo man?
Or that the menace will only stop when they are affected?

We in the SS and SE have been enduring all the sh*it. They should learn to start enduring it too.

Even the MB that call themselves North Central want Southerners to speak out for them. Let them manage it.

**""

What goes around comes around.

-Lord

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
LordAdam:
The reason why I would not make a suggestion is very simple. I hate double-standardness.

Fulani people have been going on rampage for long in SE and SS, yet the SW were very comfortable. In fact, they celebrated and mocked the two regions, especially SE.

Now that the hen has come to roost in the region (Ogun and Lagos), they want everyone in the south to come together to stop the madness. What nonsense?

Are they trying to say the blood of a Yoruba man is more important than that of an Ibo man or an Urhobo man?

We in the SS and SE have been enduring all the sh*it. They should learn to start enduring it too.

Even the MB that call themselves North Central want Southerners to speak out for them. Let them manage it.

The SW should do what some communities in Delta did when the herdsmen tried their foolishness. ****

I doubt the SW would be able to do that, so they are on a long thing.

-Lord

Bro, stop deceiving yourself, the fulanis have been carrying out attacks all over nigeria. They attack in the east and the west too so I don't understand where you are coming from. I am Igbo.

19 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:

Bro, stop deceiving yourself, the fulanis have been carrying out attacks all over nigeria. They attack in the east and the west too so I don't understand where you are coming from. I am Igbo.

If you don't understand. Read it again until you understand.

If you still don't understand, do not quote me, because I do not have the time nor the incentive to explain it better to you.

Those in the West have been mum to the issue of Fulani rampage in other regions. It is the turn of other regions to be mum about the rampage in their region. I think that is fair. Give them a dose of their own medicine.

Let them appreciate what it feels like for one's relations to die in the hand of an untouchable group and everything just continues, no one seems concerned as if your relations were rams that were killed on Sallah.

For the Yorubas that died and those that were displaced, sorry oh, but this is Nigeria, your lives are worth zilch. If those in other regions can experience this and you guys expect us to still be patriots, then it is okay for it to happen in your region, and we expect you guys to still be patriots.

-Lord

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
LordAdam:

If you don't understand. Read it again until you understand.

If you still don't understand, do not quote me, because I do not have the time nor the incentive to explain it better to you.

Those in the West have been mum to the issue of Fulani rampage in other regions. It is the turn of other regions to be mum about the rampage in their region. I think that is fair. Give them a dose of their own medicine.

Let them appreciate what it feels like for one's relations to die in the hand of an untouchable group and everything just continues, no one seems concerned as if your relations were rams that were killed on Sallah.

For the Yorubas that died and those that were displaced, sorry oh, but this is Nigeria, your lives are worth zilch. If those in other regions can experience this and you guys expect us to still be patriots, then it is okay for it to happen in your region, and we expect you guys to still be patriots.

-Lord

Read the first paragraph of my initial write up and come back.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by after1: 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
LordAdam:

The SW should do what some communities in Delta did when the herdsmen tried their foolishness. ****

I doubt the SW would be able to do that, so they are on a long thing.

-Lord

Where did the SW ask you or anyone to come together to stop the madness. You ignorant kids just talk anyhow, an Ibo man started a thread and you throwing shades at the SW that are trying to solve there own problems there own way. Ondo state just ban those miscreants in there states and other SW will surely do same. Bigots like you prefer to mock other stylishly instead of thinking of your own problems, 19 people were killed in Enugu last month and you are here insulting the SW. Make everybody bear hin papa name abeg.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:

Read the first paragraph of my initial write up and come back.

Your first paragraph does not change anything.

Yorubas are more guilty of pouting with their hands behinds their back when the rampage occurs in other regions. That Ibos mock Yorubas is because Yorubas do so to them.

Don't flip the switch now. All these while, it has been happening to Ibos and SSers, everyone kept quiet. Let everyone still keep quiet when it is happening to Yorubas. Very simple!

-Lord

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Babatundetinubu: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:

Where did the SW ask you or anyone to come together to stop the madness. You ignorant kids just talk anyhow, an Ibo man started a thread and you throwing shades at the SW that are trying to solve there own problems there own way. Ondo state just ban those miscreants in there states and other SW will surely do same. Bigots like you prefer to mock other stylishly instead of thinking of your own problems, 19 people were killed in Enugu last month and you are here insulting the SW. Make everybody bear hin papa name abeg.

Eyan mi....lets get real....this Fulani menace must be checked....I do not mind having to exchange ideas with the ibos...if necessary... angry....how a group of people can be allowed to carry guns unchecked and to use it without repercussions is unforgivable... angry...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:

Eastanpower, you can see whatever you are doing is dead on arrival.

According to after1, they will solve their "own problems their own way."

I wonder why you will be swallowing panadol for another man's headache. The Yorubas feel as though they are gods in the South, other ethnic groups are beneath them and should worship them. Leave them to their folly!!!

A Yoruba man did not open thread to stop the madness when 19 people were killed in Enugu last month, you as an Ibo man, you are forming good samaritan to open thread on how to stop the madness because 16 people were killed in Lagos. The people you think you are helping don't want the help. Stay on your own. As he said, "Make everybody bear hin papa name abeg."

-Lord

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
LordAdam:

Your first paragraph does not change anything.

Yorubas are more guilty of pouting with their hands behinds their back when the rampage occurs in other regions. That Ibos mock Yorubas is because Yorubas do so to them.

Don't flip the switch now. All these while, it has been happening to Ibos and SSers, everyone kept quiet. Let everyone still keep quiet when it is happening to Yorubas. Very simple!

-Lord

What do you mean by "All this while?"

the fulanis have been carrying out attacks in the SW just as they have been doing in the SE or are you not in this country? You can consult google.

Besides, I am Igbo in case you think I am Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by after1: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
LordAdam:

I wonder why you will be swallowing panadol for another man's headache. The Yorubas feel as though they are gods in the South, other ethnic groups are beneath them and should worship them. Leave them to their folly!!!

A Yoruba man did not open thread to stop the madness when 19 people were killed in Enugu last month, you as an Ibo man, you are forming good samaritan to open thread on how to stop the madness because 16 people were killed in Lagos. The people you think you are helping don't want the help. Stay on your own. As he said, "Make everybody bear hin papa name abeg."

-Lord
[/s]

Get away with your trash. You are only here to taunt and mock as usual which you and your kinsmen have been doing since 2days, was actually waiting for you to point out where the SW asked for your help. Tribal bigots that think everyone is dull like them, are you the one that killed 16 people in Lagos? Shameless liar, face the problem going on in your region and stop the hypocrisy. I dont know how starting a stylish bashing thread will stop the fulani from killing people in Enugu and Ebonyi. Rubbish

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by zenith4biz(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
To solve the problem of Fulani all southern Governors must come together.
- First build a thick city wall that would separate the south from the north.
- Secondly, after building the wall the Governors should give the herds men 1 month to leave the entire southern part
- Thirdly, all erring herds men should be arrested and dealt with since there is no route for escape.
- Fourthly, Southern Governors should demand for state police, If there is objection, they should hijack the current NPF and expel non southerners from the force to ensure adequate security without ethnic bias
- Fifthly, local but sophisticated security men should be used to watch the city gates, the most qualified set of people for this job are the militants, these set of people would be paid by the state.

- A secret service should be set up to carry intelligence on the herds men activities.

With city walls Cows cannot jump, herd men would have restricted access to the south, local security would Wade off any threat from this set of people.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
LordAdam:

-Lord

Well, someone has to take the lead here. It is this silly arrogance between Igbos and Yorubas that has given the demonic invaders from futa jalon the guts to harass us.

We need a united front, there is nothing wrong if we display initiative and take the lead after all the first president, first head of state of Nigeria were both Igbos-Azikiwe & Ironside.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:

What do you mean by "All this while?"

the fulanis have been carrying out attacks in the SW just as they have been doing in the SE or are you not in this country? You can consult google.

Besides, I am Igbo in case you think I am Yoruba.

Whether you are Igbo, Yoruba, Efik, Igala or whatever, it doesn't change my opinion.

Oga, every section of the country has been the heat. But SW is one of the least-hit areas. It hits more of the NC, SE and SS. For the last two mentioned areas especially the SE, there is some kind of glee in the Yoruba conclave whenever such happens. Igbos have learned to respond in kind by also greeting news of rampage in the SW with euphoria.

However, in it all, the SW remain mute. They have this "I don't care attitude" when it affects other regions especially SS and SE. So, I see no reason why other regions should now care when the rampage happens in their region.

Let everybody be on their own, and find the solution to their problems on their own.

-Lord

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by after1: 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

Eyan mi....lets get real....this Fulani menace must be checked....I do not mind having to exchange ideas with the ibos...if necessary... angry....how a group of people can be allowed to carry guns unchecked and to use it without repercussions is unforgivable... angry...

Bro, I am not saying there excesses should not be checked, have you ever seen a Yoruba open bashing thread to mock Ibos when fulani strike there, saw them open more than 20 threads since 2days taunting and making fun of those people who house were burnt in the middle of the night in Lag. One even said he pray the Hausa kill many Yorubas and burn them all, meanwhile an Ibo was a victim as well.

The op might have open this thread in good faith but that m.oronic bigot posting trash about Yorubas begging them solve some problems, like the SW ask them for any help.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Lalasticlala & Dominique, pls we trying to save the south.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by ifyan(m): 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
State government need to implement wicked law for them.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:

Well, someone has to take the lead here. It is this silly arrogance between Igbos and Yorubas that has given the demonic invaders from futa jalon the guts to harass us.

We need a united front, there is nothing wrong if we display initiative and take the lead after all the first president, first head of state of Nigeria were both Igbos-Azikiwe & Ironside.

Yes and 66 years where has it landed the Igbos?

If you want to seize the initiative, okay oo. Good luck.

But as I said in my first reply, I will not bring any suggestion.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by after1: 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
EastanPower:

According to that wicked liar and bigot posting trash that Yoruba kept silent, is Fani Kayode an Ibo man? This guy have always been making noise for any fulani killings and even condemn Buhari for any attack by the Fulani and that of innocent bia.fra protesters. Dont you mock Omenka here daily? No one is holding you guys not to taunt or mock people, but while you doing that the same Fulani are doing the needful in your region. Simple

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:

Bro, I am not saying there excesses should not be checked, have you ever seen a Yoruba open bashing thread to mock Ibos when fulani strike there, saw them open more than 20 threads since 2days taunting and making fun of those people who house were burnt in the middle of the night in Lag. One even said he pray the Hausa kill many Yorubas and burn them all, meanwhile an Ibo was a victim as well.

The op might have open this thread in good faith but that m.oronic bigot posting trash about Yorubas begging them solve some problems, like the SW ask them for any help.

Swear that Yorubas on this forum did not make fun of the fulani killing in the SE in their posts on threads that were started to sympathize with the dead and relatives of the dead.

SWEAR now, if Sango will not strike your lying mouth.

You like to distort facts to suit your bigotry. So it is only the Igbo threads that you saw, not the Yoruba posts?

Who do first no dey pain, na who do second nai dey pain pass.

-Lord

17 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Babatundetinubu: 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:

The iPod youths are animals...and you are right... angry....in the times they have been attacked by Hausa/Fulani...I have never seen one Yoruba open a thread to celebrate the killings.... angry...but we must rise above them as we always have...they are known to be emotional in their outbursts maybe because of deep inferiority....but we have to be strategic in protecting our own....the funny thing is that out of the people that died...three were ibos...two school children....three Yorubas and the rest from the north.... angry

7 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Babatundetinubu: 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
ifyan:
State government need to implement wicked law for them.

Ondo have started....other SW states will ensure that this does not go unanswered... angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:

According to that wicked liar and bigot posting trash that Yoruba kept silent, is Fani Kayode an Ibo man? This guy have always been making noise for any fulani killings and even condemn Buhari for any attack by the Fulani and that of innocent bia.fra protesters. Dont you mock Omenka here daily? No one is holding you guys not to taunt or mock people, but while you doing that the same Fulani are doing the needful in your region. Simple

The same Fani Kayode that you guys label a traitor, is the one you want to put a garland on his neck because what he said now serves your purpose. Kayode said those things because of his political party not because of his ethnic affiliation. If he was a bigot like you, he wouldn't have said such.

So, better shut it and stay on your bigot lane.

-Lord

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by EastanPower(m): 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:

Bro, Yorubas mock Igbos when fulani strikes in the easy and Igbos also mock Yorubas when fulani strikes in the west. While this particular one has generated so much heat is becasue these attacks were carried out by abokis not fulani this time meaning that the whole thing is taking another dimension.

Honestly I opened this thread in good faith. It is time for Igbos and Yorubas to form a common front to check the hausa/fulani menace. Enough is enough.

A Yoruba friend of mine narrowly escaped with his life and has still not returned to his house at agility. The mallams burnts all the houses close to his own but he was lucky. Just imagine!

Enough of this nonsense from the hausa/fulani. They do this rubbish up north a lot when they kill southerners as they like and burn their properties, we cannot afford to allow them drive us away from our homes.

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by after1: 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
LordAdam:

The same Fani Kayode that you guys label a traitor, is the one you want to put a garland on his neck because what he said now serves your purpose. Kayode said those things because of his political party not because of his ethnic affiliation. If he was a bigot like you, he wouldn't have said such.

So, better shut it and stay on your bigot lane.

-Lord

You truly have no shame, read the trash you wrote again and slap yourself for being dumb and senseless **** You should go bury your head in shame. Pathetic

11 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by LordAdam: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
after1:
[s][/s]

Get away with your trash. You are only here to taunt and mock as usual which you and your kinsmen have been doing since 2days, was actually waiting for you to point out where the SW asked for your help. Tribal bigots that think everyone is dull like them, are you the one that killed 16 people in Lagos? Shameless liar, face the problem going on in your region and stop the hypocrisy. I dont know how starting a stylish bashing thread will stop the fulani from killing people in Enugu and Ebonyi. Rubbish

Oga shift. If you don't even know the number of people who are dead from this rampage, how can you reason objectively on this topic.

You are already acting as a soothsayer to say I am here to taunt and mock you guys. What do I gain from that?

I replied the OP with my reason on why no one should call on a united south to check any rampage, because there is nothing like a united south. SW, SS, and SE are on very different wavelengths.

So everyone should go to his own tent. From no where you jumped in like an overzealous tribalist to heat up the argument.

You are just unnecessarily agitated, reacting to phantom insinuations.

-Lord

11 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by after1: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

The iPod youths are animals...and you are right... angry....in the times they have been attached by Hausas.....I have never seen one Yoruba open a thread to celebrate the killings.... angry...but we must rise above them as we always have...they are known to be emotional in their outbursts maybe because of deep inferiority....but we have to be strategic in protecting our own....the funny thing is that out of the people that died...three were ibos...two school children....three Yorubas and the rest from the north.... angry

Of course, saw the news as well but they dont care since its happening to there enemies. They want Yorubas to enter the street and kill anyone on sight, how many Hausa have house in Lagos that Yorubas want to burn, how many have cars? Cos some cowards came in the night to burn houses now means those that died should be mocked. What they pray for is that all Yorubas should perish, reason many of them are rejoicing.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Forced Me To Watch My Son Beheaded – Displaced Baga Resident / We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l / I Hired Those With Desire To Fix Nigeria - Yemi Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.