Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens (1490 Views)

Biafra Referendum And You: 5 Things Every Nigerian Must Know / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Nothing Can Happen To Isreal No Matter What (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
My fear is often times intensified anytime I visit nairaland and see the diatribes that has encapsulated every conversation between the Igbos and the yorubas.
All you see is great hatred between the two tribes. While the Igbos and Yorubas are bussy insulting and betraying one another, the Hausas are mobilising and soaring very high politically.

Look at the Igbos for example, calling for the state of Biafra at a time they should be thinking of how to form political alliance with the Yorubas to take over power. The question is do they (Igbos) have the political and financial wherewithal to fight for an  independent nation. What has changed in the East from 1967 - 1970 when they tried to break up from Nigeria till date. Do they have the financial autonomy? Do they have backup for food supply? Do they have sufficient weapon? Do they have sincere backup from the Western nation or UN? These are some of the things they must consider first.

Other things they should consider is the lives of their people and their investment allover the country especially in Lagos. Like the place I used to live in Okeafa in Isolo Lagos, virtually all the gigantic buildings are owned by Igbo business men. All these will be a big lost if they decide to go to war.

One other thing I noticed is that when the Hausas or Muslims people are agitated they attack and kill non Hausas or non Muslims, to be more precise they kill Sotherners,( examples: most of the havoc in the North by bokoharam, recent disput in mile 12, even the fallout of the 2011 elections when Buhari lost to Jonathan). But when Southerners are agitated they attack and kill fellow southerners.To buttress this I tell you a short storry about the war, that my father told me.

My dad told me that during the war 1967 -1970, he was living in a federal government institution in the south south area of Nigerian. The institution was  made up of people of various tribes, ranging from The Calabars, The Urobos The Ijaws, The Itsekiris, The Igbos, The Benins, Yorubas, and some few Hausas. Just before the war some Igbos out of fear flew to the East, their homeland, but some out of ignorance stayed behind, thinking because they all knew each other in the community nothing would happen to them. When the war started, a deadly, blood thirsty, killing squad emanated, comprising of: the Calabas, The Urhobos, Benins, Yorubas, the IJaws, Itsekiris, and other tribes I can't mention all of them. They started going from one Igbo man's house to the other to check if they were still around. Those Igbos that stayed behind with their families were slaughtered, beheaded,  others were burnt alive, buried alive, their property looted.Some Igbos started running into the forest with their families. Some of them stayed in the forest throughout the war. Many died of Hunger, some were eaten by deadly animals, some had to kill their children for meal.
All these just because of one man, Odumegwu Ojukwu. Ojukwu was not a bad man, he only miscalculated just the way Nnamdi Kanu has miscalculated.

Ojukwu allowed sentiment and anger to overhaul his sense of reasoning. He did not consider the life of his people. When he saw the reality on ground he took off abandoning his people. But it was too late, 2million Igbos had already lost their lives. Nobody was arrested for war crime. If the Igbos decide to fight for an independent nation, history will only repeat itself.

I watched a news of recent where the Americans donated various weapons to the Nigerian Government inspite of accusations of war crime against the Nigerian military in the North East, this is thesame American the Igbos are relying on. The Western countries are after their interest they will only support you if they have something to benefit. The federal government off recent displayed various weapons: Bomb detectors,  Armored cars, war jets. 

I want to use this opportunity to plead with the biafra hopeful, to forget about biafra, forget Nnamdi Kanu and form strategic, political alliance with the Yorubas or even the Northerners, just the way Azikiwe used to do it. They should think about how to start participating in mainstream politics, not isolating themselves, just because of an individual that has lost the election. Those who have ears let them hear.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by Topestbilly(m): 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
undecided
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by TippyTop(m): 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bros as a fellow south south man like you let me debunk some myth you wrote above.
1.Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB didn't start when Buhari won the election. Buhari's intransigence probably amplified the agitation.
2.Did we accuse the Yorubas who cried of marginalisation under GEJ of isolating themselves?
3.Ojukwu was a genius by going to Ivory Coast, if he had allowed himself the arrowhead to be killed the independence idea he floated would have died with him.
In modern history only one freedom fighter ever stood to fight till the last man. Can't remember his name but he led the Tamil tigers of Sri Lanka. As soon as he was killed in the war, his people abandoned their fight for self determination. Nelson Mandela stayed in Zambia during ANC's fight for independence. The Da lai lama is currently in India, he is not in Tibet fighting the Chinese.
A good soldier knows when to retreat.

I believe there should be a referendum in Nigeria in the absence of true federalism and resource control.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by Progress2468(m): 9:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Let me see u in camera
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
JUNK POST FROM A COW ODD
end of comment
@OP YOU CALL ME IPAD and tell me to be united with you in one ZOO?
KA AMADIOHA IBINI UKPABI UDUDONKA NGENE UMUOJI ARUSI OKIJA HABA AGULU AGUDO NANKA KAMANU OZUZU NA ARUSI NDI OZOZ NDI M NA-AMAGHI AHA HA,TIE GI ANIKAKWU MA BURURKWA GI TU N'ALA EWU OFIA. ANU MPAMA MAAAA ITI MPATAKA
nonsense
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by NDPVF(m): 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
[s]
americanigga:
For sometime now I have been living in great fear- That this country Nigeria may experience war one more time and that is very soon. 

My fear is often times intensified anytime I visit nairaland and see the diatribes that has encapsulated every conversation between the Igbos and the yorubas.
All you see is great hatred between the two tribes. While the Igbos and Yorubas are bussy insulting and betraying one another, the Hausas are mobilising and soaring very high politically.

After critical study of the situation I realised that the Hausas are not that educated, they are disadvantageous in terms of knowledge but they have WISDOM, while the southerners are very rich with knowledge because of western education but they lack sufficient wisdom.

Look at the Igbos for example, calling for the state of Biafra at a time they should be thinking of how to form political alliance with the Yorubas to take over power. The question is do they (Igbos) have the political and financial wherewithal to fight for an  independent nation. What has changed in the East from 1967 - 1970 when they tried to break up from Nigeria till date. Do they have the financial autonomy? Do they have backup for food supply? Do they have sufficient weapon? Do they have sincere backup from the Western nation or UN? These are some of the things they must consider first.

Other things they should consider is the lives of their people and their investment allover the country especially in Lagos. Like the place I used to live in Okeafa in Isolo Lagos, virtually all the gigantic buildings are owned by Igbo business men. All these will be a big lost if they decide to go to war.

One other thing I noticed is that when the Hausas or Muslims people are agitated they attack and kill non Hausas or non Muslims, to be more precise they kill Sotherners,( examples: most of the havoc in the North by bokoharam, recent disput in mile 12, even the fallout of the 2011 elections when Buhari lost to Jonathan). But when Southerners are agitated they attack and kill fellow southerners.To buttress this I tell you a short storry about the war, that my father told me.

My dad told me that during the war 1967 -1970, he was living in a federal government institution in the south south area of Nigerian. The institution was  made up of people of various tribes, ranging from The Calabars, The Urobos The Ijaws, The Itsekiris, The Igbos, The Benins, Yorubas, and some few Hausas. Just before the war some Igbos out of fear flew to the East, their homeland, but some out of ignorance stayed behind, thinking because they all knew each other in the community nothing would happen to them. When the war started, a deadly, blood thirsty, killing squad emanated, comprising of: the Calabas, The Urhobos, Benins, Yorubas, the IJaws, Itsekiris, and other tribes I can't mention all of them. They started going from one Igbo man's house to the other to check if they were still around. Those Igbos that stayed behind with their families were slaughtered, beheaded,  others were burnt alive, buried alive, their property looted.Some Igbos started running into the forest with their families. Some of them stayed in the forest throughout the war. Many died of Hunger, some were eaten by deadly animals, some had to kill their children for meal.
All these just because of one man, Odumegwu Ojukwu. Ojukwu was not a bad man, he only miscalculated just the way Nnamdi Kanu has miscalculated.

Ojukwu allowed sentiment and anger to overhaul his sense of reasoning. He did not consider the life of his people. When he saw the reality on ground he took off abandoning his people. But it was too late, 2million Igbos had already lost their lives. Nobody was arrested for war crime. If the Igbos decide to fight for an independent nation, history will only repeat itself.

I watched a news of recent where the Americans donated various weapons to the Nigerian Government inspite of accusations of war crime against the Nigerian military in the North East, this is thesame American the Igbos are relying on. The Western countries are after their interest they will only support you if they have something to benefit. The federal government off recent displayed various weapons: Bomb detectors,  Armored cars, war jets. 

I want to use this opportunity to plead with the biafra hopeful, Igbos or IPADS to forget about biafra, forget Nnamdi Kanu and form strategic, political alliance with the Yorubas or even the Northerners, just the way Azikiwe used to do it. They should think about how to start participating in mainstream politics, not isolating themselves, just because of an individual that has lost the election. Those who have ears let them hear.

[/s]Are the constituent elements that makes up this contraption,kidnapped?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by nabiz(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by CSTR2: 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by bugzbunny: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
Zoo will always remain a zoo
Where animals are confined

Animals begging people to remain in a zoo with them.....dats abnormal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
iamkeyz:
JUNK POST FROM A COW ODD
end of comment
KA AMADIOHA IBINI UKPABI UDUDONKA NGENE UMUOJI ARUSI OKIJA HABA AGULU AGUDO NANKA KAMANU OZUZU NA ARUSI NDI OZOZ NDI M NA-AMAGHI AHA HA,TIE GI ANIKAKWU MA BURURKWA GI TU N'ALA EWU OFIA. ANU MPAMA MAAAA ITI MPATAKA
nonsense

BROS don't be angry with me. I am only telling you to look before you leap
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by kettykin: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2016

Go and tell your dad, that those that killed igbos are now being killed and made refugees in their home states, some few days back several yorubas were killed, their houses set ablaze with some survivors made refugees in an IDP camp around mile 12 lagos, elsewhere a whole local government in Benue state has been turned into the largest IDP in Africa with houses, farms, vehicles set ablaze by rampaging fulani herdsmen, elsewhere in Bayelsa fulani are busy abducting underage girls and taking them into forced marriage. The Niger deltans have had their birth right taken from them with 13% derivation given back to them.
While the igbos they once killed have recovered and are mobilising for the mother of all contest.

I think igbos should postpone biafra agitation for now let one nigeria continue, igbos have nothing to loose, igbos produce Nigeria's manpower, have best school leavers results , have very viable states except the only eastern APC state, control most of the money deposit in the country, occupy more influential posts in the world by African, have some of the best non oil and non government aided businesses.
Igbos alone are the only tribe that can go it alone. Igbos also have nothing to gain saying in Nigeria's zoo. But for the sake of weak, secure tribes who cannot opt for independence igbos should shelve the idea of independence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Some weapons newly acquired by the Nigeria military

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by Know2020: 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
Op is a yoruba imposter.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
more

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
kettykin:

Go and tell your dad, that those that killed igbos are now being killed and made refugees in their home states, some few days back several yorubas were killed, their houses set ablaze with some survivors made refugees in an IDP camp around mile 12 lagos, elsewhere a whole local government in Benue state has been turned into the largest IDP in Africa with houses, farms, vehicles set ablaze by rampaging fulani herdsmen, elsewhere in Bayelsa fulani are busy abducting underage girls and taking them into forced marriage. The Niger deltans have had their birth right taken from them with 13% derivation given back to them.
While the igbos they once killed have recovered and are mobilising for the mother of all contest.

I think igbos should postpone biafra agitation for now let one nigeria continue, igbos have nothing to loose, igbos produce Nigeria's manpower, have best school leavers results , have very viable states except the only eastern APC state, control most of the money deposit in the country, occupy more influential posts in the world by African, have some of the best non oil and non government aided businesses.
Igbos alone are the only tribe that can go it alone. Igbos also have nothing to gain saying in Nigeria's zoo. But for the sake of weak, secure tribes who cannot opt for independence igbos should shelve the idea of independence

you have spoken well,
The Igbos cannot be using themselves as scapegoat for the south
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
Know2020:
Op is a yoruba imposter.

it appears you don't understand what I am saying.

In summary:
when the war newly started it was like a war between the Igbos and Hausas(the North). but in the middle of the war the South West and the South South betrayed the Igbos by supporting the Hausas and that was what led to their defeat. what I am saying is that you should have a better strategy before you go to war so that such thing will not repeat itself

I love The Igbos like my brothers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by wadetaw202: 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
Remaining one as Nigerians shouldn't be by force, but by choice.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by Know2020: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
americanigga:

In summary:
when the war newly started it was like a war between the Igbos and Hausas(the North). but in the middle of the war the South West and the South South betrayed the Igbos by supporting the Hausas and that was what led to their defeat. what I am saying is that you should have a better strategy before you go to war so that such thing will not repeat itself

Yorubas can never be trusted even in a dream.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by MrAnalyst: 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
iamkeyz:
JUNK POST FROM A COW ODD
end of comment
nonsense

Hayyyyyy! See various Alusi!
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by kingzizzy: 12:20am On Mar 07, 2016
americanigga:
For sometime now I have been living in great fear- That this country Nigeria may experience war one more time and that is very soon. 

After critical study of the situation I realised that the Hausas are not that educated, they are disadvantageous in terms of knowledge but they have WISDOM, while the southerners are very rich with knowledge because of western education but they lack sufficient wisdom.

I want to use this opportunity to plead with the biafra hopeful, to forget about biafra, forget Nnamdi Kanu and form strategic, political alliance with the Yorubas or even the Northerners, just the way Azikiwe used to do it. They should think about how to start participating in mainstream politics, not isolating themselves, just because of an individual that has lost the election. Those who have ears let them hear.

This long write up of yours wasn't necessary. The important thing you should note is that the Hausa/Igbo/Yoruba man lived in west Africa for thousands of years without being together, the heavens did not fall down. But since Lord Lugard came to make us 'one Nigeria' not only have all heaven fallen, millions have been lost. There's an Igbo adage that says that ' a time comes when a person counts their teeth with their tongue' which translates that there is a point when everyone stops being silly. Stop living in a fools paradise
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by ZombieSlayer: 12:46am On Mar 07, 2016
americanigga:

In summary:

Just like told your presidiot. BFR freedom will happen either when you are alive or dead. It's not about you feel or want. People in kenya, Cameroon, Zambia, philipines watch Igbo movies and admire them, does that mean that we must live in the same country with them. Admire Igbos all you want, the message Clear and Unambigous. Stay on your own! We can admire each other in different countries. Like Togo and Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 4:05am On Mar 07, 2016
Know2020:

politics is more of a game than trust
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by americanigga(m): 3:27am On Mar 08, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by ycat: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2016
@ Op, you should be tied and shot in the head for this post if you are Yoruba. God Almighty will kill off people like you for his people to be free.

What is wrong with you?

Nigeria is not meant to be together. We have to go our separate ways, of course, when the time comes, you and your people can go with the other tribes you want. As it is, it's not working, south Sudan did it, we can too.

Shame on you if you are Yoruba because this is the reason we are called cowards, and this thread is just to insult Yoruba and make others people do the same.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by ycat: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2016
That's mutual.
We shouldn't be talking about trust, it's settled. Find other things to talk about. Cold in the winter shouldn't be news, or are you still bothered by our trust? You shouldn't, get over it, we got over it long time ago.
Know2020:

Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by ycat: 7:50am On Mar 08, 2016
People like this Op will not stop bringing shame to the Yoruba. Pathetic!
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by cocoduck: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2016
americanigga:

an idiot1c non entity will just wake up one morning and start typing rubbish, no you will not start from the beginning but start were it suits your useless myopic agenda, no Gowan had no opportunity to avert the war, after signing the Aburi agreement he went back to Nigeria to deny he never signed anything, Gowan is the one to blame not Ikemba, Gowan is a war criminal and remain a war criminal till he dies, It is a very good thing that what happens in Mile 12 happend, and I celebrated it with a couple of drinks with my friends, Nigeria will know no peace and shall never progress, at least not ON THE BLOOD OR GRAVE OF BIAFRA.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2016
Remaining in Nigeria is a decision. If we the igbos decide not to be part of Nigeria, its none of your concern, how we would fare is not your concern.

If some igbos decide to remain a Nigeria, their decision can never be binding on the majority, they can move over to Nigeria and live there.

For you to come and type this gibberish on why we need to give up on biafra when we are not asking you to be part of biafra is the height of foolishness and joblessness.

Leave biafra for the biafrans. I don't know why the issue of biafra is most painful to those that are not even part of our biafra.

BIAFRA IS A MUST, NOTHING EXCEPT GOD CAN STOP IT, AND HE IS ON OUR SIDE.
Re: Nigerian Must Be One, No Matter What Happens by chernest2002: 2:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
Time will tell,as for one Nigeria, I see no hope.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi As A Willing Tool In Northern Agenda To Subjugate The South-south / Funny! See What Nigerians Search For In Google On Buhari / Why We Removed Sheriff As PDP Chairman – Gov. Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.