Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Flashing Check Engine Light - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flashing Check Engine Light (2439 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking / What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashing Check Engine Light by Belvinho(m): 12:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Hello Tech Gurus,

I'm typing this due to desperation and frustration. My car which is a 2001 3.0L Honda Accord V6 has been guzzling fuel like no man's business. Prior to this, I was getting 270 miles to a full tank which was quite far from the fuel economy I should have been getting. This became worse 2weeks ago when my Check Engine Light started blinking, my fuel economy degraded to 150 miles to a full tank (64 litres)

The car was scanned and discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders. The plugs and coil were changed as well the Throttle Position Sensor. The nozzles were also serviced and the movement of the car which was sluggish returned to normal.

All codes were cleared before I took the car out of the workshop. 2 days later, the Check Engine light started blinking again with the fuel consumption even becoming worse. I now do about 120 miles to a full tank which makes me buy fuel almost on a daily basis. The car is my major source of transportation as I usually resume work very early in the morning when I'm running morning shifts and close very late when running the evening.

I'm open to all forms of advice as that of my mechanic hasn't helped one bit.

Cheers
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by Lexusgs430: 1:28am On Mar 07, 2016
Belvinho:
Hello Tech Gurus,

I'm typing this due to desperation and frustration. My car which is a 2001 3.0L Honda Accord V6 has been guzzling fuel like no man's business. Prior to this, I was getting 270 miles to a full tank which was quite far from the fuel economy I should have been getting. This became worse 2weeks ago when my Check Engine Light started blinking, my fuel economy degraded to 150 miles to a full tank (64 litres)

The car was scanned and discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders. The plugs and coil were changed as well the Throttle Position Sensor. The nozzles were also serviced and the movement of the car which was sluggish returned to normal.

All codes were cleared before I took the car out of the workshop. 2 days later, the Check Engine light started blinking again with the fuel consumption even becoming worse. I now do about 120 miles to a full tank which makes me buy fuel almost on a daily basis. The car is my major source of transportation as I usually resume work very early in the morning when I'm running morning shifts and close very late when running the evening.

Cheers

Take your vehicle to GAZZUZZ for the CPR it deserves!!
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by honmusa(m): 5:45am On Mar 07, 2016
Belvinho:
Hello Tech Gurus,

Cheers
if you are in Lagos ,call autologic @ 08061166316.
we run a full and comprehensive diagnostics on your power train to know what is responsible for the issue.
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Mar 07, 2016

What were the original scan codes? When the spark plugs were removed from the engine, we're they dark? Engine seems to be running rich. Cts,map or o2 sensor might be the culprit.

1 Like

Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by leuelliot(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Have you changed your fuel filter lately? also if your car is equipped with a fuel strainer, and that guy gets blocked it would do goofy stuff like this
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by cocoduck: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2016
this is usually caused by the fuel pressure regulator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by earthrealm(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
stop driving the car.
the flashing check engine light signal catastrophic failure in the engine system, and the car has entered what is called ''limp mode'''to reduce the damage n also discourage the owner from still driving it.

if u persist in driving the car..more damage will occur, not limited to ur oxygen sensor, catalytic converter, injectors, drive train, transmission etc.......

you hv been warned cool
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by Belvinho(m): 12:26am On Mar 15, 2016
Thanks guys for all the care and love. The car just recently left the workshop and it's recovering. The following were carried out;
1. Diagnostic scan which discovered misfire in all 6 cylinders.
2. Damaged throttle position sensor.
3. Faulty solenoid(A/T).
4. Faulty flat switch (A/T).
5. Faulty Bank 1 (oxygen) sensor.

All but 5 has been fixed as by replacing all the mentioned parts and by servicing the nozzles and changing the plugs and coils.

5 is yet to be fixed as the correct sensor is yet to be procured by my mechanic. Fuel economy has really improved as testing is still ongoing.

Best regards

Belvinho

1 Like

Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by lincolnola: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hi,
Please,what did the mechanic do to solve the misfiring issue? My 2004 highlander was having similar problem and scan diagnosis shows lean mixture in bank 2.
At times it losses acceleration and drinks fuel like ologogoro.
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by mayor2013: 7:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
[quoote author=lincolnola post=43826314]Hi,
Please,what did the mechanic do to solve the misfiring issue? My 2004 highlander was having similar problem and scan diagnosis shows lean mixture in bank 2.
At times it losses acceleration and drinks fuel like ologogoro.[/quote]

It means mixture of air fuel mixture in the right proportion has been compromised. Your car needs a complete engine tune up. If you are in lagos and you need to solve the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Flashing Check Engine Light by mayor2013: 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
lincolnola:
Hi,
At times it losses acceleration and drinks fuel like ologogoro.

It means mixture of air fuel mixture in the right proportion has been compromised. Your car needs a complete engine tune up. If you are in lagos and you need to solve the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522. These are what you need for a complete engine tune up

Cleaning of the throttle body
Ultraonic bathing/cleaning of injector noozles
Changing of air filter
Mass airflow sensor cleaning or changing depending on its condition
If your fuel pump is low on pressure it needs to be replaced.
Cleaning of inlet manifold
Changing of worned out spark plugs

Ultrasonic cleaning/bathing of your noozles can be done at multi autolab

(1) (Reply)

So I Decided To Change My Air Filter / What IS All That Information On A Motor Oil Container? / Water Entered Into My Toyota Rav4 2005 Brain Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.