Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" (18941 Views)

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / See Pretty Ladies That Turned-up At Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria TV Screening / Is This Watch girly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 4:22am On Jul 17, 2009
If there are any Tomboys here, Why did U decide to become one?

Do U think its cheaper being a Tomboy or a "girly girl"?

What do guys think of you imitating them??

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 17, 2009
SeanT21:

Oh gosh, I miss being a tomboyyyyyy cheesy
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 4:30am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

Oh gosh, I miss being a tomboyyyyyy cheesy

really?? why did U quit??How is the whole "girly girl" thing working 4 U
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 17, 2009
To answer the topic, it is easier to be a tomboy.

My hair was usually in pony tail, I wasn't crazy about purses and shoes then. Was not crazy about dresses and drressing cute wink

Back then, it was just, what you see is what you see.

Now a girly girl, even if you don't dress for anyone, looking good makes you feel good cheesy

Now you're spending like $200+ a month to do your hair. Shopping for shoes and heels adds to the expense.

To fix your eyebrow, facial treatment, undies that match, fixingnails etc is another thing.

Being a woman is expensive, I tell you
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 17, 2009
SeanT21:

really?? why did U quit??How is the whole "girly girl" thing working 4 U
I think I quit about the begining of March or during this summer. grin
Why? IONO. tongue
How is it working out? I prefer it.

Can't wait to read iice's response. She's the queen of tomboys grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 4:39am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

My hair was usually in pony tail, I wasn't crazy about purses and shoes then. Was not crazy about dresses and drressing cute wink

Now a girly girl, even if you don't dress for anyone, looking good makes you feel good cheesy

Now you're spending like $200+ a month to do your hair. Shopping for shoes and heels are adds to the expense.

To fix your eyebrow, facial treatment, undies that match, fixingnails etc is another thing.

I'll let you in on a secret. I don't' think a lot of guys notice any of those things, except maybe the hair.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 4:40am On Jul 17, 2009
WOW~~U Tomboys don't have to spend that much oo.Its cheaper to be a Tomboy but I love my skinny jeans. wink

n-guage:

I'll let you in on a secret. I don't' think a lot of guys notice any of those things, except maybe the hair.

The biggest Lie of the century. Yall notice everything.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 4:42am On Jul 17, 2009
Okay I'm sorry for speaking for others, but I don't notice any of those.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

I'll speak for myself to make this fair.
I don't dress for any guy. . . . but trust me, they notice it.

But women don't dress for men only. It's an expresion, its what you are, what you like.
It makes you feel good inside and outside.
Some like to look neat, some disorderly. Some like to look like geeks, some like to look like celebrities, some like to look like professors etc.
The way you dress at times is another way to express yourself.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:45am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

whosai! Maybe boys dont notice (no offense to you bro) but men do take a mental note of all this. A woman in a pony-tail everyday, no sense of style (jewelry - doesnt have to be expensive, clothes, shoes) is not someone you want to waste your precious 10 minutes with.

When a man wants a woman, he wants a REAL woman not a half boy half girl
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 4:47am On Jul 17, 2009
Well, thrice, I've been corrected. So maybe it's just me. I don't notice the matching underwear, the nails . . . but then again, I don't notice the breasts too.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 17, 2009
What o you then notice?
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

Well, thrice, I've been corrected. So maybe it's just me. I don't notice the matching underwear, the nails . . . but then again, I don't notice the breasts too.

maybe its just you bro. Most guys i know are hypersensitive . . . ordinary stuff like her scent, nails, feet, hands . . . go a long way in telling whether she's the neat type or not. I dont know about matching underwear sha grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 4:53am On Jul 17, 2009
I work in the spirit so I only notice the "inner man", or should I say "inner woman." But even when I was a captive of the flesh, I only noticed the hips and waist and the face.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 17, 2009
What if she wears something to emphasise her hips and waist?
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 4:57am On Jul 17, 2009
davidylan:

maybe its just you bro. Most guys i know are hypersensitive . . . ordinary stuff like her scent, nails, feet, hands . . . go a long way in telling whether she's the neat type or not. I dont know about matching underwear sha  grin

Oh yes, the scent too. But most girls smell ordinary. I only noticed the scent when the woman smells bad or  too perfumed up. The nails, just clean nails, short or long. I could care less what color or how much you paid the underpaid girl at the Chinese saloon.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 4:59am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

What if she wears something to emphasise her hips and waist?

Then I was likely to look at her like someone "trying too hard." I guess modesty is really the key here.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

Oh yes, the scent too. But most girls smell ordinary. I only noticed the scent when the woman smells bad or  too perfumed up. The nails, just clean nails, short or long. I could care less what color or how much you paid the underpaid girl at the Chinese saloon.

take your time to notice . . . most girls (the really neat ones) always have a distinct scent. Any chic i meet who has an "ordinary smell" na no go area be that.  grin God knows what she's hiding in her closet at home.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 5:00am On Jul 17, 2009
I'm a bona fide tomboy.  I didn't decide to be one, i just am.
As to finding it cheaper, maybe it is.  .  .but i don't care about that aspect.
I don't like girly girls.  I find them irritating grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 5:02am On Jul 17, 2009
davidylan:

take your time to notice . . . most girls (the really neat ones) always have a distinct scent. Any chic i meet who has an "ordinary smell" na no go area be that.  grin God knows what she's hiding in her closet at home.

Maybe the distinct scent is her perfume or the air freshner in her closet. I don't think those have a bearing on how hygienic someone is.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 5:03am On Jul 17, 2009
davidylan:

whosai! Maybe boys dont notice (no offense to you bro) but men do take a mental note of all this. A woman in a pony-tail everyday, no sense of style (jewelry - doesnt have to be expensive, clothes, shoes) is not someone you want to waste your precious 10 minutes with.

When a man wants a woman, he wants a REAL woman not a half boy half girl

Are U describing Tomboys?? U don't consider them real women b/c they don't wear high heels or skinny jeans??
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Shaz(f): 5:04am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

Now you're spending like $200+ a month to do your hair. Shopping for shoes and heels adds to the expense.

True that. Used to be a tomboy aswell until very recently . . so I've not undergone the whole 'tomboy to girlygirl' conversion thingy grin

SeanT21:

1. Grew up in d midst of em boys. .
2. Depends on ur 'swagger'. . lol
3. I don't know, really
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 5:04am On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

What sort of tomboy are you? Occasional sweatpants or full blown dyke.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 5:05am On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

U find us irritating~~that's harsh oo.

Do guys find it difficult to approach U?? Do U sometimes lust after skinny jeans or high heels??
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

Maybe the distinct scent is her perfume or the air freshner in her closet. I don't think those have a bearing on how hygienic someone is.

depends on the individual to be honest. But i think they do . . . anyway to confirm pay her some unscheduled visits.  grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2009
Shaz:

True that. Used to be a tomboy aswell until very recently . . so I've not undergone the whole 'tomboy to girlygirl' conversion thingy grin

1. Grew up in d midst of em boys. .
2. Depends on ur 'swagger'. . lol
3. I don't know, really

Gurl, I dont consider U a Tomboy. Your pics on facebook tells me U are one of us
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 17, 2009
everybody dey claim tomboy.  grin cheesy The absence of feminity in a woman is not equivalent to being a tomboy . . . davidylan 2009.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 5:10am On Jul 17, 2009
Ha Shaz, your picture doesn't have the smallest drop of tomboy in it.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

Then I was likely to look at her like someone "trying too hard." I guess modesty is really the key here.

Is this not modest?

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Shaz(f): 5:11am On Jul 17, 2009
Lol . .u think! @Sean, You might wanna do a double check !!

@n-guage, that is where the conversion came in. .
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 5:13am On Jul 17, 2009
davidylan:

everybody dey claim tomboy. grin cheesy The absence of feminity in a woman is not equivalent to being a tomboy . . . davidylan 2009.

R U ignoring my questions??Iwant my answers oo.

Shaz:

Lol . .u think! @Sean, You might wanna do a double check !!

@n-guage, that is where the conversion came in. .

WOW~~I guess those are old pics or maybe U are a lil bit of both.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 17, 2009
@Shaz
Your profile pixture does not show you as a tomboy na wink

iice:

grin grin grin Knew it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Philips Clinton Ihankonye Wins The Next Fitness Supermodel Competition (Photos) / Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.