Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police (38614 Views)

Why We Raided Peace Corps, Arrested Commandant, Others - Nigerian Police / My Experience Today At A Filling Station / See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by guiddoti: 12:47am On Mar 08, 2016
ademega:
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not clear in this story.
1. how did you know they were police men when u said they were in mufti?

2. I have never seen a man that would ask for direction from a police man, not in Nigeria.

3. if you want to ask for direction, you don't do that on motion but either Park or slow down to ask. saying he jumped into the car is funny somehow.

4. are u sure the issue was all about one way or not because with the pix shown their it looked as if it wasn't a one way issue.

5. you refused to tell us what eventually happened and how the issue was resolved or charged to court.

yes we know Nigeria police are irrational most times but at the same time let us find out the truth and it would set us free

ademega submission.
is there a crime to ask police officer for direction? it is just too bad.......... .uncivic police officer

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:53am On Mar 08, 2016
Omexonomy:
This rubbish can only happen in boohary regime
Anyone that thinks the rubbish did not happen before a boohary regime certainly was born this morning

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by loopman: 1:48am On Mar 08, 2016
OP, you actually broke the one way rule on that road, if you didn't veer off into the last street on the road.
You realized it too late that you are on One-way and you quickly beckoned on the police guys feigning ignorance as an excuse.
We all do those tricks.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Osemekedgreat3(m): 2:47am On Mar 08, 2016
every body want to blame police, can't we tell the writer the truth to stop another person from commuting d offence in future, both comments are fighting police for arresting he for taking one way, what do u expect police to do before to clap hand for the guy,thank God u never said he requested money from u as usher
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by lozanni(m): 4:01am On Mar 08, 2016
bristol00:
Im an old member of this forum but decided to open another account.

This police guy called mohammed was involved in a brawl with me today.

It all started when i am my two brothers were coming back from oregun, ikeja today 7th of Monday at about 3:45 pm; On approaching a turning towards Ikeja along, railway. We met few police men on mufti while some were on uniform in a hide out looking for prey.

We approached this cop whose picture is attached; to ask if we could make right one a road with clearly "NO SIGN OF ONE WAY" Written anywhere; and the next he did was, jump into the car, perhaps telling us we followed a "ONE WAY ROUTE". Even after much explanations to him, he played a deaf , and the next thing was for him to drag the car key from the ignition hole while the vehicle was on motion.

This was a road we haven't even entered.

All these pictures were taken when We ended up at the railway crossing, Anifowoshe ikeja crossing. The man behind him is working with him too. If police were actually my friend, why is his different?

I think you should report this incident to the Police complaint line or twitter account.
The impunity and high-hand attitude of bad cops should stop.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by blackboy(m): 5:39am On Mar 08, 2016
Abuja police are better behaved but stil police is your friend is a scam they should change it more to police is
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by ademega(m): 6:34am On Mar 08, 2016
adextaiwo84:

Abeg carry ur mumu analysis commmot for here,na that I too know dey kill dem, I wish I could give one fckin dirty slap make u disappear commot for this w..orld.

e pain am grin
adextaiwo84:

Abeg carry ur mumu analysis commmot for here,na that I too know dey kill dem, I wish I could give one fckin dirty slap make u disappear commot for this w..orld.

e pain am
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Babacele: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2016
omenka:
Some folks in here are just as smart as a cold Egyptian mummy.
as smart as cold Egyptian mummy...........damn u bad!
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by adebayoggt(m): 7:29am On Mar 08, 2016
this story is incomplete.OP should shed more light in details?
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Jidefido(m): 7:51am On Mar 08, 2016
ademega:
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not clear in this story.

2. I have never seen a man that would ask for direction from a police man, not in Nigeria.

3. if you want to ask for direction, you don't do that on motion but either Park or slow down to ask. saying he jumped into the car is funny somehow.

4. are u sure the issue was all about one way or not because with the pix shown their it looked as if it wasn't a one way issue.

5. you refused to tell us what eventually happened and how the issue was resolved or charged to court.

yes we know Nigeria police are irrational most times but at the same time let us find out the truth and it would set us free

ademega submission.

I often ask policemen for directions though I look at the demeanour of the officer before approaching
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by doplove(m): 8:05am On Mar 08, 2016
ademega:
1. how did you know they were police men when u said they were in mufti? You were not there and the guy simply shared his experience.

2. I have never seen a man that would ask for direction from a police man, not in Nigeria. I've had to approach police and LASTMA for direction on several occasions.

3. if you want to ask for direction, you don't do that on motion but either Park or slow down to ask. saying he jumped into the car is funny somehow. You were not there to ascertain the true state of the vehicle when he was asking for direction.

4. are u sure the issue was all about one way or not because with the pix shown their it looked as if it wasn't a one way issue. Which other issues are you anticipating from him, he told you what he encountered.

5. you refused to tell us what eventually happened and how the issue was resolved or charged to court. You should ask him and not concluding.

ademega submission.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by thorbar(m): 9:48am On Mar 08, 2016
bristol00:
Im an old member of this forum but decided to open another account.

This police guy called mohammed was involved in a brawl with me today.

It all started when i am my two brothers were coming back from oregun, ikeja today 7th of Monday at about 3:45 pm; On approaching a turning towards Ikeja along, railway. We met few police men on mufti while some were on uniform in a hide out looking for prey.

We approached this cop whose picture is attached; to ask if we could make right one a road with clearly "NO SIGN OF ONE WAY" Written anywhere; and the next he did was, jump into the car, perhaps telling us we followed a "ONE WAY ROUTE". Even after much explanations to him, he played a deaf , and the next thing was for him to drag the car key from the ignition hole while the vehicle was on motion.

This was a road we haven't even entered.

All these pictures were taken when We ended up at the railway crossing, Anifowoshe ikeja crossing. The man behind him is working with him too. If police were actually my friend, why is his different?

Y d introduction.. u be old member buh u open a new acct..wetin concern me ...wetin concern us
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by bashydemy(m): 10:13am On Mar 08, 2016
I usualy ply this road and those police are bastard, they will hide somewhere and immediately you enter that road, they burst out from their hideout..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by akorebami(m): 10:53am On Mar 08, 2016
I can't but laugh when I read people on here put blame of every incident on PMB. Somebody who can't sleep in his/her house will soon blame PMB for it. Hahaha.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by orisa37: 10:56am On Mar 08, 2016
Please beware of a first encounter with a Fulani Herdsman in arms and in uniform.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by johnsonpolice: 11:36am On Mar 08, 2016
BE811APP:
The Police is ur Friend!!! shocked shocked
cant u see that u are causing road obstraction by stoping to ask some body of ur way,how on earth a vehicle will be on motiom and some body from know where will just enter ur vehicle.nooooo some thing is missing in this ur story .i hate civilian the way they hate police.u commited an offence and u are here claming right u are lucky i was not the guy.u could ve pay through ur nose with huge amount of money.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by nokingasgod: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2016
ademega:

ademega submission.

I agree with you in toto except for the poser number 2. I mostly ask for direction from policemen wherever i needed to in Nigeria from Lagos to Abuja and i still did yesterday. I found them to be very friendly,courteous and helpful. In fact, i think the easiest trick of escaping from them is to drive towards them and politely ask for direction or verify a right passage, even when they are on those ''checkpoints'' It works like magic, perhaps its peculiar to me.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by rhames(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
The policeman is your friend and other lies- Ned Beaumont.

Read that book and you will never have abything to do with a policeman, even if he is your relation. grin
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by oluwanoni: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
This ur story is quit incomplete, am not sure tho, I mostly lock my doors and use AC to prevent officers from entering into my car anyhow.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by felixlovu: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
Omexonomy:
This rubbish can only happen in boohary regime
eish,is dis how people are
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by internetpirate: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
ademega:

ademega submission.

Not good to make hasty generalizations... you're wrong on one score: I always prefer to ask policemen for directions, especially when in a strange town. I have done it countless times, and they have always obliged.

I'm actually surprised you could think otherwise, because much as I don't like the police, I've found that politeness assists with them, especially when they can pin nothing on you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun’s Roads, Schools Have No Parallels In Nigeria – NULGE President (pix) / Orji Uzor Kalu At University Of Nigeria, Nsukka, Gyrating With Kegites Club / Did Buhari Cancel Scores Of Abba Kyari’s Memos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.