Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets (21021 Views)

No Going Back On Relocation Of Computer Village, Says Lagos Government / Lagosians In Doubt Over Relocation Of Mile 12 To Imota / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by omo17(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
scholes0:
Niiice Move!
Infact, I suggest they move it to somewhere in Ogun State.

U dey craze, no be only Ogun state, na ur papa house.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by baby124: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
9jatriot:
Are you sure you know how Mile 12 market works?

My suggestion will be to have two markets of that category at two extremes of Lagos. That will reduce the congestion on Lagos road infrastructure. A situation where all markets in Lagos go to a central point for their food items is too much of a burden.

Am sure you do not know mile 12 like I do. I have been going to the market before you were born.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Rudboy360(m): 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
I sense that the Lagos-state govt is tryna unsettle the Hausas thereby making em return to their various states coz if any riot btw Hausa/yoruba should mistakenly happen..forget..coz the trailer wey go pack oboki death bodies na e go plenty pass..#Itamaga #ogijo #Igbogbo guys get no chill @ all to wipe the Hausas won't take 2days undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by otedola1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
Changes
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by 9jatatafo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
The market should be relocated ASAP. In fact I am in full support.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Sweetlemon(f): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
AZeD1:
As good as the move sounds, they should also remember that Ikorodu is probably the fastest growing residential area in Lagos, and moving the mile 12 market would put so much pressure on the current infrastructure in Ikorodu.
What plans do they have for the roads in Ikorodu?
How will the area and security agencies in Ikorodu deal with the influx of traders and customers?
Moving the market doesn't solve the issue that caused the fighting, we just changed locations.

We (Nigeria as a country) should learn to do things holistically.

You're right though
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Rockstar2014(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
Good move but how does this check the cause of the crises and forestall re-occurrence if I may ask. You can decide the move them to any where you like but with thesame mentality and recur that has been created among them, they can still clash any time any where.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Goke7: 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
as a matter of fact, the closure of that market gave me the perfect opportunity over the weekend to go and see my mother who lives in Ikorodu of which the traffic at mile 12 has always been my hindrance of seeing my mum regularly.

I support the relocation 100%, those who have concerns should also look at the big picture especially for workers who live in Ikorodu and must be in their offices 8am everyday, those workers are as important as those traders in mile 12. I seriously pity those who commute daily between Ikorodu and other parts of Lagos. Honestly I don't know how they are surviving that everyday traffic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Goke7: 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
Rudboy360:
I sense that the Lagos-state govt is tryna unsettle the Hausas thereby making em return to their various states coz if any riot btw Hausa/yoruba should mistakenly happen..forget..coz the trailer wey go pack oboki death bodies na e go plenty pass..#Itamaga #ogijo #Igbogbo guys get no chill @ all to wipe the Hausas won't take 2days undecided

no be lie you talk o, in addition to the yearly oro around Ikorodu garage and igbogbo areas, that will unsettle the hausas and fulani.

The Sagamu crisis years ago come to mind. no be small gbege then o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by kunle75(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
samseen02:
I knew it frm the Onset that this is gonna happen. The case of the riot is just a perfect opportunity for the government of the day to take chances.

Instead of rebuilding the market they are relocating them. For what, to plant flowers or for overhead bridges?

This coward step isn't gonna stop any inter-tribal riot in the future, so this step is just so useless to me.

Hurray, HBD to me!!

let me wish happy birthday first.

but i will not share your sentiment on this issue.......i recalled that the last administration made several effort to do same but the political will was nether here nor there....this is the perfect window of opportunity to do the needful and move them.

I can confirm to you that the land allocated for the market relocation at MAYA area of ikorodu is thrice the current size of the mile 12 market.

What i think we should all do now is to mount pressure on the Govt to expedite action on their movement.

Besides if you enter inside the mile 12 market as its currently constituted you will but not have any option than to support the govt on this move.

Abi na the stench oooozzing out of the market whenever it rained you wan talk?

Infact there is no perfect timing than now

EKo Oni baje ooooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Rudboy360(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
Goke7:

no be lie you talk o, in addition to the yearly oro around Ikorodu garage and igbogbo areas, that will unsettle the hausas and fulani.

Nazo baaami...and sighting of Oro alone fit do damages
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by kunle75(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
Goke7:

This assertion is not totally true...........i have lived in ikorodu for years now and i can say categorically that the ORO festival is fading away little by little not as strong as when we are growing up..........Besides i have known some hausa community around SABO market in ikorodu for donkey years and they are still there...........some of their children have even almost become OMO ONILE .

So unsettle them might not be totally true.......after all we need them around for some menial job like KURA KURA ( weeding farm) and fetching water and likes...........all we need most now is to let them know understand how to co habit with their host communities and live in peace.

Eko ni ba je oooo
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by greatest31: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nigerians are always quick for short term measures and solutions.

What are the remote cause of the problem?

Is the problem solved?

What are the measures put in place to control future occurrences?

All these members of house should wake up because moving the market have not solved the problem. Very soon they will move the government house if things are done the right way.

The people that are shouting nice move should ask the government the above questions.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Goke7: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
samseen02:
I knew it frm the Onset that this is gonna happen. The case of the riot is just a perfect opportunity for the government of the day to take chances.

Instead of rebuilding the market they are relocating them. For what, to plant flowers or for overhead bridges?

This coward step isn't gonna stop any inter-tribal riot in the future, so this step is just so useless to me.

Hurray, HBD to me!!

my guy, the first step is to relocate the damn market, Ikorodu road is a major road in Lagos, any ish causes too much hardship and affects the entire city. Its better the market is relocated to an outskirt location e.g. the Ikorodu-ijebu ode road area or the sagamu- ikorodu road area so all those trucks bringing in foodstuff don't have to disturb the entire city because they are bringing in Tomatoes.

In building any market, Government have to consider the location and its environmental impact, for example why is the Government allowing the construction of a shopping mall or shop-rite in maryland? if this happens, guys should be getting ready to pass the night in traffic in those environs. Sometimes we need to think deeply before building any market anywhere. Lagos is too small to have all sorts of markets within the city center. Its is even because of future inter-tribal clashes that should guide any Govt in locating markets.

If not Govt can even approve that salah rams could be sold in front of the state house.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by PHfinest(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
Guess who had the liver to move the motion?
Jude Emaka Idimogu.

Guess who wanted to chicken out?
Tunde Buraimon.

In your own house kwa? Had Jude been in the lagoon, you guys will keep suffering

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by kunle75(m): 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Goke7:
as a matter of fact, the closure of that market gave me the perfect opportunity over the weekend to go and see my mother who lives in Ikorodu of which the traffic at mile 12 has always been my hindrance of seeing my mum regularly.

I support the relocation 100%, those who have concerns should also look at the big picture especially for workers who live in Ikorodu and must be in their offices 8am everyday, those workers are as important as those traders in mile 12. I seriously pity those who commute daily between Ikorodu and other parts of Lagos. Honestly I don't know how they are surviving that everyday traffic.

My brother no be small thing oooooo,i have been commuting from ikorodu to lekki and back since 2007 and i can tell you that the only bottle neck on that road is mile 12 in particular...........infact i support the move 1m % and this will open up ikorodu and its environs...........God bless lagos state.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Btruth: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Excellent decision. They both need to be relocated as soon as possible.

But, where land dey for Lagos now?
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Goke7: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
kunle75:

This assertion is not totally true...........i have lived in ikorodu for years now and i can say categorically that the ORO festival is fading away little by little not as strong as when we are growing up..........Besides i have known some hausa community around SABO market in ikorodu for donkey years and they are still there...........some of their children have even almost become OMO ONILE .

So unsettle them might not be totally true.......after all we need them around for some menial job like KURA KURA ( weeding farm) and fetching water and likes...........all we need most now is to let them know understand how to co habit with their host communities and live in peace.

Eko ni ba je oooo

@the bolded, I agree cos that's the cause of the crisis in the first place, we need to tolerate each other more in Nigeria if we are going to develop and as for the oro, I pray it fades away so fast.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by tonio2wo: 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
Relocating the market to the moon is not going to solve the problem of the clashes.
As long as am concerned, its not the solution. The mallams can still attack their hosts in the ikorodu.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Goke7: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
kunle75:

My brother no be small thing oooooo,i have been commuting from ikorodu to lekki and back since 2007 and i can tell you that the only bottle neck on that road is mile 12 in particular...........infact i support the move 1m % and this will open up ikorodu and its environs...........God bless lagos state.

I pity you guys no be small. I used to commute between Ikorodu and apapa few years back with my car, mhen when I get to the office, I be so useless in the office till about 1pm when I try to gather small strength to work. chai, guys like you need National award, I don't how you guys are doing it o.

Mile 12 and owode markets are the problem, once they are relocated there will be relief for everybody. Only those who are selfish won't support the Govt's idea.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Goke7: 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
greatest31:
Nigerians are always quick for short term measures and solutions.

What are the remote cause of the problem?

Is the problem solved?

What are the measures put in place to control future occurrences?

All these members of house should wake up because moving the market have not solved the problem. Very soon they will move the government house if things are done the right way.

The people that are shouting nice move should ask the government the above questions.

Thanks.

my guy there are locations where its easy to control whatever crisis may arise, the present location of the market makes it difficult for the crisis to be managed as it is in the heart of the city. for e.g. the relocation of the market that was destroyed at oshodi early this year has reduced if not eradicated the menace of traffic robbery at Oshodi oke bridge as it no longer serve as hideouts for the miscreants.

There are also cases of traffic robbery along the ketu-mile 12 stretch too, once the market is relocated it will also give relief to motorists.

We need to look at the big picture before we criticize or blast the Govt on every move they make. Relocation of the market to the outskirts of Lagos will make it easy for Govt to manage any crisis in the future.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by blasterman(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
All those hausa boys dey sleep for market- free accommodation

In thousands

What of Niger Republic no be all of them be hausa most r nigerien
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by akigbemaru: 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
Good development and read more.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Malawian(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
ambode just wants another set of yorubas to be pummelled by their visitors.
if na igbo market, him go demolish or close, now na relocate.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

abeg who still has that phot of a shirtless ambode readying for war. grin grin
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by samofson: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
How does relocating solve the problem?

Is there a market the size of mile 12 in the original plan for Ikorodu?

What about access, Utilities and security?

Have they considered that Ikorodu is currently experiencing a population explosion?

Moving the market with out addressing the real issue is like burying your head in the sand in the hope that the problem will go away.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Rockstar07: 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
AZeD1:
As good as the move sounds, they should also remember that Ikorodu is probably the fastest growing residential area in Lagos, and moving the mile 12 market would put so much pressure on the current infrastructure in Ikorodu.
What plans do they have for the roads in Ikorodu?
How will the area and security agencies in Ikorodu deal with the influx of traders and customers?
Moving the market doesn't solve the issue that caused the fighting, we just changed locations.

We (Nigeria as a country) should learn to do things holistically.

Good Point of View. But which location in Ikorodu's that Parafa is sef? If It's along Sagamu or Ijebu road then the location isn't bad as the trucks route will be that side when coming from the North. They've no business along Ikorodu-Lagos Road.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by JuanDeDios: 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
kunle75:

Eko ni ba je oooo
Good to learn those murdering barbarians are seeing the light. I hope you too see the light. You sound like a vile racist consigning a race of people to carrying water and cutting grass.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by AZeD1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
Rockstar07:

Good Point of View. But which location in Ikorodu's that Parafa is sef? If It's along Sagamu or Ijebu road then the location isn't bad as the trucks route will be that side when coming from the North. They've no business along Ikorodu-Lagos Road.
Parafa is along Ijebu road around laspotech 2nd gate area.
The location is bad if nothing is done to the road. Right now, the traffic in Ikorodu on a Saturday is usually terrible, now imagine what would happen when you relocate the Mile 12 market to that area.

Early last year, i left Lekki around 10pm to Ikorodu, i got to Ikorodu garage around 10:45 but didn't get to Itamaga till 2am.
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Rockstar07: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
Kx:
Relocating the market is a good one but will that solve the root cause of inter tribal clashes?

Should such clash re occur after the relocation what next?

Our solutions to problems should not only be a quick fix but one that addresses the root cause of the problem.

One of the ways to address the rrot cause's to relocate them ASAP. What do you think Boss?
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by Yomboy4ever(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
long over due...
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by glossy6(f): 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
chei. Moving from Badagry to buy tomatoes from Ikorodu, the home of ritualists. We better buy tomatoes from Seme undecided
Re: Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets by amiskurie(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
chidooh1:
Na there malam no go operate?
U no trust village areas,dem go get juju fight o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? / What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? / Jeff Bezos Is Accused Of Being A Climate Hypocrite( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.