Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning (34638 Views)

Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos / Building Collapse In Nigeria: 6 Early Warning Signs / Mother And Daughter Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Omonigeriarere: 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nelkoko:
From da daft boss

What a daft comment! Very soon, Bubu will be responsible for your inability to impregnate your wife.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by rexzqcom(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
What exactly is the problem? How many buildings collapses annually in Lagos? Doesn't make sense.Hope Builders are consulting credible structural engineers before they build?
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by doplove(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
it belongs to Lekki Gardens...... cheap, fast houses. It is same as the one you see standing on the left.

texazzpete:
Lekki gardens!

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by turawafett(f): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
Why are people not saying the truth, its Lekki Gardens project. I saw the building last year and I told the person with me this building will soon collapsed. The foundation was for 2 floors and it's very glaring the other two floors was not part of the original plan. I'm not an expert in building but I know a standard structure when I see one. All Lekki Gardens estates are poorly built. It's seems we don't have a government in Nigeria. People buy because currently it's building are the cheapest in Lekki. I'm an estate agent and I know what I'm talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Dean15: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
May God grant their Soul eternal rest and divine peace upon their families.
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
ycat:
One of those Lego buildings built in a hurry cheap just to brag.

They wanted multiple storeys by force without the safety.

Dem boku for here grin

Sorry for the owner and all artisans involved.

It's not by force to build a storied building if you can't dot all the i's and cross the t's. I just feel for the future renters on some of this pasted together buildings.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by ycat: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin
EgunMogaji:

Dem boku for here grin

Sorry for the owner and all artisans involved.

It's not by force to build a storied building if you can't dot all the i's and cross the t's. I just feel for the future renters on some of this pasted together buildings.
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by cecegorz(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lekki Gardens

Lekki Gardens

Lekki Gardens

Scamming house buyers since Lord Lugard's era!

Economy of scale already is enough to give you guys sizeable ROI.

But excessive greed won't let you deliver quality, houses are not phones that you discard after 5years. Build them to last!

I doubt if this will be properly investigated and perpetrators brought to book.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
Goke.

Developer Don enter one chance
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by najoe07(m): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
When cost is the number one priority to a client, what they do is to flee from a professional and run to he who will ask them "how much do you have to build the house"? What you get is a design that is statically indeterminate! Omaye, it will fail like a structural element reinforced with a CFRP in rupture. Don't Quote Me (DQM)
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by brabus(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
opalu:
May the souls departed rest in peace. God protect and deliver those wounded.

I advise all those who want to build houses to give it to the very best hands who are EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD! For the fact that a man is building houses here and there though he is an Economist or a Banker or a Computer guru or in other fields not related to structural engineering doesn't make it right.

Most clients are moved by finishes but finishes are mere cosmetics!! A sick body does not get well by applying cosmetics likewise imported finishing from Italy cannot deliver a wrongly constructed concrete.
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by dabbyz(f): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
Rip to the dead
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Chrixtopha(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
no wonder the rush of about 3 ambulances towards that location when i was going to work from ikate
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by timothy2396(m): 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nobody will talk on this one now, but if it is SCOAN building you will see wailing wailers blasting him
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Makweembo: 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
timothy2396:
Nobody will talk on this one now, but if it is SCOAN building you will see wailing wailers blasting him

Very true. Apart from that, look at the pictures of the two incidents. In this one, you can still see part of the structure standing - whereas at The SCOAN, everything was pancaked just like a controlled demolition.
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Nely77(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
As the going goes, "teachers transfer their mistakes, doctors bury their mistakes while engineers die with their mistakes". So here one is represented. So pathetic though.

RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by liver123(m): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
that is what happen when a structural engineer is not consulted for a building.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Mbediogu(m): 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
Substandard houses killing my people. chai. . God have mercy. Oh' good beans!
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nelkoko:
From da daft boss
if only you knew who your father was undecided
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by sandygechy(f): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
Greedy Developer! Richard should be jailed already!!!
blank:
Lekki Gardens again?

What is wrong with Richard?
Re: Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning by kale4all07(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
D building belongs to lekki Garden. The building was design as 3storey before they decided to add two extra floors cause it was over subscribed. You could blame the contractors, engineers, architect, structural engineer and all the other professionals involved. But what of the state agencies meant to checkmate the quality and quantity requirement- Lagos state building control, Lagos state material testing and standard organization of Nigeria. The fact is everybody is busy chasing funds for the personal life and pocket than the quality they sell or give out to the environment. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped / Properties With C Of O For Sale in Ibadan, Lagos & Other Parts of Nigeria / Stucco paint, marcopolo luxury and other decorative wall finishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.