Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,648 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide (34487 Views)

Power Sector Unbundling Executed Prematurely – Idika Kalu / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Chalatanace(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2016
grin

We love Buhari

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2016
WiseBully:

What is cabal? You didn't read their grouse. The govt played into their trap. Lesson: When taking down your adversary, ensure you exploit the law to do so. If you flout lawful processes because you are doing something right, failure awaits you at the end point. Buhari must exploit the law to effect changes, not his will. This same careless behavior was what gave him a bad name during his military stint
That is according to your unerstanding.

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by malton: 11:26am On Mar 09, 2016
Psalm18:

Some english language clash there
Thanks, sir. Couldn't review before posting.

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Celery(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2016
Our stakeholders have totally refused to follow the change advocated by the present government.
Shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by wisov(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2016
Wat due process do dey want

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by anthonyirekpita(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2016
No matter how longs it takes "e go better".
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Eruditor: 11:34am On Mar 09, 2016
WiseBully:

What is cabal? You didn't read their grouse. The govt played into their trap. Lesson: When taking down your adversary, ensure you exploit the law to do so. If you flout lawful processes because you are doing something right, failure awaits you at the end point. Buhari must exploit the law to effect changes, not his will. This same careless behavior was what gave him a bad name during his military stint.

Your hypocrisy reeks. If their grouse was that due process was not followed, is a strike also a due-process way of itemizing their grouse?

You can't flout the law, and ask the same law to speak for you. It doesn't work that way. NUPENG and PENGASSAN care more about their pockets than Nigeria. If that were not the case, why should they go on strike now that the country is facing serious PMS shortages?

3 Likes

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by OBAGADAFFI: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2016
Some people don't understand that NNPC don't belong to Buhari and his APC friends.

You don't just un-bundle and federal institution without the National Assembly and the stake holders involved.

Buhari and his APC friends forgets that all their decisions can be reversed by another government or a court of competent jurisdiction, if due process is not followed.

Ajaokota and NITEL story is still fresh in our memory.

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Eruditor: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2016
NavierStokes:
And this is only the unions aspect of the fight, the NASS showdown is yet to begin, on this issue.

Intransigence will be the undoing of this government. I was fully in support of this move but legal channels need to be followed to do the right things, had even thought with Kachukwu's assertion of them breaking the PIB into smaller chunks, they had addressed this unbundling issue at the NASS on a low key. If they haven't done the right thing then they should go back to the drawing board, invite all stakeholders, take into consideration their inputs and ensure that the process is transparent and in line with the law.

Nairalanders! Take note of double-sided men who speak from both sides of their mouths.

They don't need the national assembly as the names, operations and even workforce of the NNPC didn't change. All that changed was the motive and to some degree corporate structure. The National Assembly should be more interested in submitting themselves to the TSA and opening up their books for Nigerians to see not in chasing shadows.

5 Likes

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 09, 2016
Eruditor:

Your hypocrisy reeks. If their grouse was that due process was not followed, is a strike also a due-process way of itemizing their grouse?

You can't flout the law, and ask the same law to speak for you. It doesn't work that way. NUPENG and PENGASSAN care more about their pockets than Nigeria. If that were not the case, why should they go on strike now that the country is facing serious PMS shortages?

Next time, first shed yourself of emotion before quoting me. Strike action is a universal labour right. Do you agree? That your loved messiah is in power doesn't deny others their right to grievance expression. Dictators and weaklings hate being opposed or questioned about a policy decision. They do not want to be seen as weak, so they act without negotiations and clamp down on dissenters. Please toe the path of civility....Nigeria isn't running on monarchist laws.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by gbens2000(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2016
Monalisa185:
this kwantry is turning to a no-go area o, e be like sey na to relocate to TOGO go sure pass for now o
pls adopt me if u are going oh,this kantry tire me cry
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by NavierStokes(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
Eruditor:

Nairalanders! Take note of double-sided men who speak from both sides of their mouths.

They don't need the national assembly as the names, operations and even workforce of the NNPC didn't change. All that changed was the motive and to some degree corporate structure. The National Assembly should be more interested in submitting themselves to the TSA and opening up their books for Nigerians to see not in chasing shadows.

The events of the coming days will speak for themselves. Have a great day.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Eruditor: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
BlackMerchant:
Unions shutting down the NNPC is unecessary because the FG has promised that no staff will lose his job over the unbundling. What exactly does PENGASSAN even mean by not being carried along? Are they saying they were not invited for tea and biscuits? What is paramount is that no staff has lost his job. Let the unions get back to work please.

Don't mind them. Foolish Unions trying to pull their weight where it won't matter. I don't know if they think PMB is GEJ that balks at every slight turning. Due process ko delayed process ni. Due process that didn't let PIB see the light of day since 2003. Due process my foot.

3 Likes

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by repogirl(f): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2016
WiseBully:

What is cabal? You didn't read their grouse. The govt played into their trap. Lesson: When taking down your adversary, ensure you exploit the law to do so. If you flout lawful processes because you are doing something right, failure awaits you at the end point. Buhari must exploit the law to effect changes, not his will. This same careless behavior was what gave him a bad name during his military stint.
Boooooohari doesn't understand law, to him, the presidency is a dictatorship role and so far, hasn't he been quite successful with imposing his will?
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Eruditor: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
WiseBully:

Next time, first shed yourself of emotion before quoting me. Strike action is a universal labour right. Do you agree? That your loved messiah is in power doesn't deny others their right to grievance expression. Dictators and weaklings hate being opposed or questioned about a policy decision. They do not want to be seen as weak, so they act without negotiations and clamp down on dissenters. Please toe the path of civility....Nigeria isn't running on monarchist laws.

Save me the false narratives and piety. Are there not laid down rules or in other words due-processes that must be followed before a strike? For instance, would I not let my grouse be known and agitate for negotiations, resorting to a strike ONLY when I am not heard?

Are PENGASSAN and NUPENG telling me they didn't have ample time to do all these before venturing on a strike?

2 Likes

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
I'm sure some of them voted for change.Buhari is a clown honestly. Such a major decision should have carried everyone on board. They shouldn't hear it in the news like everyone else. Change without change management is bound to fail. Anytime Buhari makes one of his useless decisions, he treats the affected persons like enemies. He is not a good leader‎. So kachikwu or whatever dosent know anything about change management with all his years at exon?
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2016
Eruditor:

Save me the false narratives and piety. Are there not laid down rules or in other words due-processes that must be followed before a strike? For instance, would I not let my grouse be known and agitate for negotiations, resorting to a strike ONLY when I am not heard?

Are PENGASSAN and NUPENG telling me they didn't have ample time to do all these before venturing on a strike?

I wouldn't condescend further.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by flokii: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2016
repogirl:
Boooooohari doesn't understand law, to him, the presidency is a dictatorship role and so far, hasn't he been quite successful with imposing his will?

buh d same Law is not helping matters na..

a profession where you can see 'black' and call it 'white' and still stand by it for monetary & career gains..

Bliv it or not Naija was far better under "sincere dictatorship" than d polithievecians & democracy we have now

no wonder God won't allow anyone advocate for anybody on Judgement day... It's you and ur Creator (no lawyer or SAN, so ojoro cancelled)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by BlackPencil: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Start saving money so u can birth ur kids in d US..no future in this hell hole.
My wife gave birth to our son on d 15th of Feb, and his passport is out already. That's a country that works.
Anyhow, his future secure to some extent

Nigeria is so disorganised
Shame
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Guyman02: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2016
Unbundle NNPC, sack those workers who refuse to work and call for people to apply to take over their jobs and see the multitude that will apply even on NL alone.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Eruditor: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2016
WiseBully:

I wouldn't condescend further.

You wish. Delusion is bliss.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2016
Xionez:
Rubbish!!!!

These people had knowledge of everything yet they decided not to partake in it, but decide to act AFTER the announcement of the unbundling. Read the link well and you will see where their knowledge of it was mentioned.
#throwingspannertotheworks

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/nupeng-pengassan-threaten-showdown-over-planned-sack-of-nnpc-staff-pib/

10pm meeting...wtf! They should have pressed the Govt and not waiting till all has been said and done. What manner of STAKEHOLDERs are these?

BTW. NNPC is long due for restructuring. Its too bloated. One can hide his responsiblity behind another, and that one can hide behind another and it continues down the chain.
Even Microsoft (2014), Apple (1997), General Motors (2009) etc underwent restructuring. Successful ones at that. Sony are in process of theirs. Same with Toshiba and all other conglomerates that if you ask me, are much more complex in structure and workforce compared to NNPC due to the effect it can have on other countries.

U don't get it do u? All these multinationals u mentioned will never lift a finger without consulting all stakeholders involved. Infact they will do it in such a way that the employees will even look forward to it. There is what is called change management or else nomatter how good ur policies may be, it is bound to fail. I'm assuming u work somewhere? How would u feel when Tommorow morning u get to work only to be told ur workplace is doing some sorta restructuring and u would be adversely affected for the greater good? Wouldn't u prefer to have been a part of the discussions from the get go inorder to mentally prepare urself?‎
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by cornerstone2019: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
te author=WiseBully post=43607859
Very right my broda but are d lawmaker ready to cooprate, are thy really doing wat we send them to do Where is PIB. Sincerly we still av a long way to go in dis country. God help Nigeria.
What is cabal? You didn't read their grouse. The govt played into their trap. Lesson: When taking down your adversary, ensure you exploit the law to do so. If you flout lawful processes because you are doing something right, failure awaits you at the end point. Buhari must exploit the law to effect changes, not his will. This same careless behavior was what gave him a bad name during his military stint.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by alt3r3g0: 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
henrydadon:
it shall never be well with buhari....

For your full mind now you have placed a curse on him grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by onatisi(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
Why is it that this government finds it extremely difficult carrying people along with their plans and programs?
Nigeria is not a military barracks that someone can just wake up one morning and give an order.
This government needs serious democratic orientation.

1 Like

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by BlissP(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Kudos to the Govt.

These same set of people, are the reason why our Refineries are in the comatose state they are in now. The Government should not negotiate anything with them, and should go ahead with its plan of breaking them up.

These criminals keep calling themselves Stakeholders.

For those workers that join the strike, please they should be dis-engaged from the Federal Government Service(NNPC) as there are thousands of jobless Nigerians, waiting to take their spots.

Nigerians say no to the CABAL holding the NNPC to Ransom.
Bad belle' Jealous Soul' u speak with envy' just because u are unfortunate shouldn't warrant hate speech. We are talking due process, u are here typing jagoons" common sense should have tell u due process wasn't followed hence, the strike/protest. People who are blinded with envy and Jealousy never make good fortune. #dirty Miind
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by BluStreak(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
Monalisa185:
this kwantry is turning to a no-go area o, e be like sey na to relocate to TOGO go sure pass for now o

Babe I dey tell you. Light no dey, fuel no dey, then the fuel wey no dey dem wan come strike put on top. IKEDC dey strike and people thrown into deeper darkness from the big drakness wey been dey. Chai! Which way Nigeria?
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by repogirl(f): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

buh d same Law is not helping matters na..

a profession where you can see 'black' and call it 'white' and still stand by it for monetary & career gains..

Bliv it or not Naija was far better under "sincere dictatorship" than d polithievecians & democracy we have now

no wonder God won't allow anyone advocate for anybody on Judgement day... It's you and ur Creator (no lawyer or SAN, so ojoro cancelled)
In a system that works, the law is meant to uphold justice and fairness as no human being can be trusted to be entirely sincere.

I think you have a warped view of what the law is about.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by flokii: 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
repogirl:
In a system that works, the law is meant to uphold justice and fairness as no human being can be trusted to be entirely sincere.

I think you have a warped view of what the law is about.

note I said.. 'a profession where you can'

doesn't mean I'm condemning "Law" entirely..

and do we have "sincere" people practising law here? d answer is NO
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by repogirl(f): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

note I said.. 'a profession where you can'

doesn't mean I'm condemning "Law" entirely..

and do we have "sincere" people practising law here? d answer is NO
well, the law is still the law and it should be upheld, or else we open ourselves to worse dangers.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by rusher14: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
repogirl:

Perhaps you know more about the Law than Kachickwu?
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by pingpong1: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
In times past, this strike would have shut up oil price in the international market. Not anymore. Oil price is stubbornly going down (South) to the oyel owners grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Congratulates Ghana President Mahama For Conceding Defeat / Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. / Gov Wike's Horror Speech To His Opponents In The Upcoming Rivers Election(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.