Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? (2513 Views)

Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened / 12 Ways To Stop A Car With Faulty Brakes / How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by intercom: 10:13am On Mar 09, 2016
My car starts smoking last week, I dont hav money now to buy another engine or ring the engine.
what can I use to stop the smoking. Is there any fluid i can use before I am ready to ring the engine or buy new one
pls if you have any expirence share with me, tx.
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2016
intercom:
My car starts smoking last week, I dont hav money now to buy another engine or ring the engine.
what can I use to stop the smoking. Is there any fluid i can use before I am ready to ring the engine or change it?
pls if you have any expirence pls help.

The first thing to do is establish WHY your engine is smoking, which means a visit to a CERTIFIED garage, or at least a shop that knows what they're doing. Common causes of smoking are:

Incorrect grade of oil.
Oil level above the maximum Mark.
Blocked crankcase breather.
Worn valve stem seals.
Worn valve guides.
Worn piston rings.
Worn cylinder bores.

Some leak stop added to the oil MAY stop or reduce the smoking, but generally on,y if the cause is worn piston rings or bores. It does not help with any of the other causes listed, which is why I advise you to get the engine checked out, to determine where the oil is burning from.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by intercom: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Am going to do a comprehensive check right away. Thx for your advice
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by honmusa(m): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
The diagnostics test needed to be run on your car are cylinder compression and leak down test .These test will show the level of compression still on each of the cylinder and also indicate the source/reason leak for oil that is causing the smoking .
contact autologic @ 08061166316 for this test .
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by honmusa(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
Th
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by honmusa(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
t
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by fortunejum: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2016
I`am`having`the`same`issue,`but`can`this`affect`fuel`economy.`I`notice`that`my`car`(toyota`camry`1999)consumes`more`fuel.?
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by honmusa(m): 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
fortunejum:
I`am`having`the`same`issue,`but`can`this`affect`fuel`economy.`I`notice`that`my`car`(toyota`camry`1999)consumes`more`fuel.?
It will definitely affect your engine fuel consumption as engine smoking is an indication of oil leak into your combustion .
And this leak will lower your engine compression level which equates to low engine performance and poor fuel mileage due to incomplete charge combustion.
Re: How Can I Stop A Smoking Engine From Smoking Any Fluid? by fortunejum: 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
honmusa:

It will definitely affect your engine fuel consumption as engine smoking is an indication of oil leak into your combustion .
And this leak will lower your engine compression level which equates to low engine performance and poor fuel mileage due to incomplete charge combustion.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With Toyota Sienna 2003/2004 / I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default / What Is/are The Best Cars To Buy With 1 Million, 2 Million, & 3 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.