Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch (6949 Views)

Casio Wrist Watch Needs An Urgent Buyer / Curren Leather Wrist Watches For Men / You Need A Wrist Watch? Check Here!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by BlissP(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2016
I have been a victim buying wrist watch expensively but latter to find out its fake.

Pls, how can one know a fake wrist watch/original wrist watch.
?
Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by ibile1: 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
BlissP:
I have been a victim buying wrist watch expensively but latter to find out its fake.

Pls, how can one know a fake wrist watch/original wrist watch.
?

CHECK THE BACK SIDE OF THE WRISTWATCH....original wristwatch will have about 5,6 or 7 numbers beneath. GOOGLE(picture) IT,the exact wristwatch will come up .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by guttentag(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
ibile1:

CHECK THE BACK SIDE OF THE WRISTWATCH....original wristwatch will have about 5,6 or 7 numbers beneath. GOOGLE(picture) IT,the exact wristwatch will come up .

Thank you
Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by maxjames: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
ibile1:

Are u a learner? Even d fake has a ref number

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by ibile1: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
maxjames:

Are u a learner? Even d fake has a ref number

OOH , PLS TELL US,HOW DO WE KNOW REAL WRISTWATCHES any other way ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by Lombrozo(m): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
buy from reliable source not by the roadside.
Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by BlissP(m): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lombrozo:
buy from reliable source not by the roadside.
u mean I should travel to Swiss and get a wrist watch?

2 Likes

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by chiefkpokp(m): 6:41am On Mar 12, 2016
My dear,its difficult to differenciate fake and original watch, most expecially the face,that is the dial face. The only way you can different a quality/original watch is easy if you checking the materials used on the chain or belt. As some will claim its leather but its fake leather, why some will claim its stainless steel but its aloy,all this materials can be detected... But the dial face,the material used can still make d watch to be original or fake....even aba made wrist has those numbers at the back so if you use that number, u go grow bear bear. A typical example of original watch,with stainless steel and 100% can be found on my store.

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by BlissP(m): 11:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
I actually bought a wristwatch worth over 35bucks online' a friend of mine bought same for less than 10k just to prove me wrong' I was dumbfounded' we actually argued over d price' thereafter, I called d customer care service line! They insisted the wristwatch was legit and that d price was know different from reguular street price! They even accept any legal action I might want to use against them...but my friends watch and mine seems to have know difference but d pricemade me doubt......
Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by Acidosis(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2016
1. First, majority of fake wristwatches do not come with Chronographs. Chronographs are those smaller dials (e.g. seconds dial, stopwatch, min dial, etc.). The cheapest chronograph watch I've ever seen is N9000. So don't expect to get this feature on any cheaper watch.

Mind you, fake wristwatches also come with 'chronographs'. However, those smaller dials do not work, its nonfunctional and only meant for decorative purposes on fake wristwatches.

Also, the fact that a watch is without a Chronograph doesn't make it fake, however, if you have a watch with a nonfunctional chronograph, it is as good as fake.

2. Majority of fake wristwatches are not water resistant. Take your watch and drop in water, if it survives after 5 minutes, then you're good to go.

3. 95% of watches in Nigeria are FAKE. If you really want an original wristwatch, you won't patronize mallams and road side sellers. Shops also sell fake by the way.

4. Buy branded watches only, go to YouTube and compare your watch with an online review.

5. Lastly, if you need an original watch, check my signature. I've one for sale (40% off the actual price).

2 Likes

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by nblinks(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2018
There are various fake wrist watches hawk on the streets in Nigeria. Although, most of them look real but there are always distinct differences when you look deep. Apart from those differences, you can never compare the quality of each one of them.

Just like BlissP mentioned above, same thing happened between myself and a friend of mine. I bought an Emporio Armani wrist watch for men from one of the online wrist watches website in Nigeria and he bought same wrist watch (fake one) on the street. Guess what, the price difference was around 40k.

While my wristwatch has two years warranty on it, his own does not.

Within three months of him buying the wrist watch, the unfortunate happened; that is to say, the wrist watch had a fault which he could not repair. He now had to go online to buy same wrist watch from the website I bought mine from.

My advice to us all is, we should try to buy our watches from original wrist watch sellers in Nigeria. When you buy from them, you have warranty on the watch and even some of them will give you a replacement if you have any problem with the watch.

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by SimonStiles: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2018
hey guys, check out on world's best t1 military smartwatch https://www.teachalearner.com/military-t1-smartwatch/

Re: How To Know Fake & Original Wrist Watch by savelina: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
I love using the Rolex watches and there are very few chances for it to be fake. I am using the G-squad Casio watches these days and these watches are also very nice working. It has a lot of new features like exercise mode and fitness mode etc. If you want to gift someone then it's the best gift.

(1) (Reply)

Trending! Cute Ankara / Lace Styles, Choose Yours / Boutique Owners / But Why Do Black Women Wear Belt On There Stomach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.