Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist (11856 Views)

Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by manmustwac(m): 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
am watching MoTD myself. GooDNiGHT.  wink
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Enigma(m): 11:48pm On Dec 10, 2011
Kodẹ, my man. smiley

cool
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
whats currently happening on this thread link www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826402.0.html further confirms what the op of this particular thread is trying to say about atheists/atheism.

it's just so illogical that a belief is premised on antagonising what others believes in, more so when it pertains to the christian God and his followers.

The logic behind atheism still eludes me(if at all theres one behind it)
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by plaetton: 5:36am On Dec 20, 2011
it's just so illogical that a belief is premised on antagonising what others believes in, more so when it pertains to the christian God and his followers.

Funny. This rather describes you mr. Toba. You spend too much of your time antagonising what others Do not believe.. Not true?
The weak and the poor have been oppressed for to long by people claiming one sort of devine authority or another. I wonder if you have seen the video of Oyedepo Slapping the poor innocent girl. Would he have slapped her if the girl had wealthy and powerful parents? This is a small demonstration of the evil that religious morality purpertrates on the powerless masses. He starts with spiritual blackmail and ends in a cowardly physical assualt. What did that assualt have to do with redeeming message of Jesus? Can you tell me?
This is religon for you.

The logic behind atheism still eludes me(if at all theres one behind it)
[quote][/quote]

The logic behind a system of belief whose main currency is blackmail and exploitation still eludes all of us. You see, we are all in the same boat.
But take heart, one day you may know. Let me add a fews words . Some people are born to accept and follow what ever is given to them, while others are born to ask questions and seek understanding. Thats all there is to it.
I am quite sure that in your daily life,you ask questions and reject things when they don't seem right or just. Does that make you odd or evil?
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 20, 2011
plaetton:

Funny. This rather describes you mr. Toba. You spend too much of your time antagonising what others Do not believe.. Not true?
No sir/ma. These days i dont even have the luxury of time due to work and my traveling schedule. I seldom post here and once i do, i try as much as i can to be objective.

Ma/sir i take an exception to such defamation of character. lol grin grin cheesy cheesy

The weak and the poor have been oppressed for to long by people claiming one sort of devine authority or another. I wonder if you have seen the video of Oyedepo Slapping the poor innocent girl. Would he have slapped her if the girl had wealthy and powerful parents? This is a small demonstration of the evil that religious morality purpertrates on the powerless masses. He starts with spiritual blackmail and ends in a cowardly physical assualt. What did that assualt have to do with redeeming message of Jesus? Can you tell me?
This is religon for you.

I will have to agree with u that what the man of god did may be considered as overzealousness, however he may have his reasons for such probably as a sign of correction to make the woman/lady return to her senses.

Its most unfortunate that our religious leaders have become subject of focus and target. Just as politicians they need to be extraordinarily careful cos their action/ inaction could cause controversies.

Its imperative for u to know that not all believers in God are religious and not all believers would do such, hence religion shouldn't be seen as 100% evil

The logic behind a system of belief whose main currency is blackmail and exploitation still eludes all of us. You see, we are all in the same boat.
But take heart, one day you may know.

ok i agree but not in its entirety. at least u are not mincing the truth by admitting unlike some atheist on NL that prefers dodging and lying.

Let me add a fews words . Some people are born to accept and follow what ever is given to them, while others are born to ask questions and seek understanding. Thats all there is to it.

In the course of doing so, do u think it would be illogical to be overzealous is trying to enquire?

If u think so then most atheists falls into this box of being too overzealous in the course of inquiring and hence tends to attack others' belief, just as this thread depicts.

I hope u read the OP

I am quite sure that in your daily life,you ask questions and reject things when they don't seem right or just. Does that make you odd or evil?

Yes i do infact im a very vocal person and quite a no of people on this forum i do interact with me outside of here knows my stance on some things.

Yet i dont get overzealous and arrogant not to see reasons with others.

If by 'faith' some have decided to believe in evolution which wasnt documented or witnessed by any dead or living soul, then others too should be allowed to exhibit their faith in documented materials which points to creation.

One way or the other, we fall into same category. No one witnessed evolution nor creation
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Joagbaje(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2011
@ toba

Don't you see the need for subsidy to be removed?
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

@ toba

Don't you see the need for subsidy to be removed?

Well as i posited on the thread, some things needs to be in place before the damn thing is removed.

At least if one is taking something people enjoy away from them, such one should give them something better in order that they dont miss what they were enjoying completely.

Corruption has eaten deep into the system, yet we havent tackled that. The same corruption is what GEJ cant cub by simply cubbing the activities of the so called cabals that have been alleged to be milking the Nation.

Send EFCC after these cabals, hence what ever u claim to be spending on Subsidy will reduce, Fix refineries, rail system, electricity etc then u can remove the damn thing.

Nitel wasnt sold off when we started having GSM in Nigeria in 2001.

MTN was the first later Econet wireless came on board with 0802.

Liberalization was done and not deregulation
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Joagbaje(m): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2011
I don't know how my post got here . I was posting it on the thread about fuel subsidy . Sorry
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

I don't know how my post got here . I was posting it on the thread about fuel subsidy . Sorry
lol. The devil at work
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2012
buda atum: M. James says:

A impressionable young atheist was having an attack of conscience and started questioning his faith in science so he wrote to a well-know atheist and asked him for some advice about living out his beliefs as an atheist. The young atheist received this reply to his question 'How can I be an effective atheist?'

1. Make sure your main focus is on Christians. You can 'touch' on other groups to appear even-handed, but ensure you are careful to make Christians your constant target; you don't want to get killed in a Jihad, do you? So only 'mention' the others such as Islam but then say that there is no difference between radical Muslims and 'fundamentalist' Christians.

2. Remember that you are looking for faults in other religions (Christians) not trying to defend yours so do not try to prove atheism! Remember, it's much easier to destroy than build up.

3. When referring to atheists always use power-filled terms like 'intelligent, educated, thinkers, strong minded and independent.'

4. Ensure you call Christians childish degrading names like, pathetic air-heads, pointless God-bother-er's, deluded bible kissers and insult them with statements which include the terms like ignorant, clueless, uneducated. The goal here is to provoke and frustrate the Christian to the point they become angry, then, you can then claim they are a hypocrite for not being 'loving like Jesus.'

5. Always talk about just being a good person remembering that, 'good' is relative to each people and culture, just like cannibals who say 'I really enjoyed eating Bill last night, he was really 'good', or paedophiles saying 'they love little Janet, she was so 'good' or Hitler saying that killing Jews is 'good.' You are allowed to define 'good' however you would like because there is no higher authority to define what 'good' is. No one can set the objective moral standard as that would put them in the place of thinking they are 'god.'

6. Be sure to set your own moral standards and compass very, very, very low so that you'll never look like a hypocrite in public. The lower the better.

7. Be as argumentative, obnoxious, loud, sarcastic and verbal as possible - there is no need to make sense or use logic in your arguments - just keep arguing.

8. Use words like 'straw-man,' 'circular reasoning,' 'ad hominem,' 'fallacy,' 'red herring' and 'non sequiturs' against any argument which reveals the false claims of atheism whether you understand those terms or not.

9. Never answer any justified question directly but quickly change the subject to make a completely different point. If you're asked why you keep changing the subject just repeat this step as necessary.

10. Always bring up examples like the spaghetti monster, Zeus, and Santa Claus to prove that if you must believe in one God then you have to believe in all of them, right?!

11. Always ask for 'evidence' for the existence of God but never accept anything presented to you especially when you are told that God is a Spirit so you can not perceive Him with the physical senses or with any physical equipment. Also ignore the reply that 'God is God and he does not need to 'prove' himself to his creation, we are to answer to Him, He does not answer to us!' At the end of a discussion remind them that all you needed was some type of 'evidence' for God.

12. Use the Christian crusades, the Salem witch hunts, and the Inquisition which happened hundreds of years ago to 'prove' how bad 'religion' is for the world.

13. Use steps 7 through 9 to get away from any historical facts of all the good that the various Christian charities have done around the world through the centuries.

14. Express disinterest and laugh out loud at the question "Isn't it amazing that Christians continue to preach love and forgiveness to the world given the historical fact atheists have committed the most ongoing blatant atrocities against Christians. Shouldn't these Christians, 'who you claim are the problem,' in retribution, have wiped atheists from the face of the earth for the crimes atheists have committed against Christians, rather than continue to preach love, acceptance and tolerate you.

15. Blindly ignore any questions about millions of Christians being killed by atheists in the last 200 years, but if questions persist claim that this was NOT done 'in the name' of atheism ,  which makes it alright. Failing this, refer to steps 7 through 9, this should get you past any awkward questions about atheists who are guilty of crimes against humanity, human genocide and ethnic cleansing.

16. Remember to call yourself a "free-thinker" and "open-minded" but ensure you do not practice what you preach with such 'virtues' when it comes to Christianity. Being open-minded with Christians is not an option available to the atheists as this would open a can of worms we do not want to get into, you must understand that you are not 'free-to-think' that 'there is a God.'

17. Try to laugh out loud or make some disparaging noise every time a Christian makes a statement about what they believe, even if you don't think it is funny or you don't know what they are talking about or you may think they have a good point just try to make them look stupid with your laugh or disrespectful noise.

18. Claim that atheism is for intelligent people who are rooted in "rational, reasonable common sense" thinking even though you can not provide any 'rational, reasonable common sense' explanation for the existence of matter or the cause of the ignition of 'life' or our existence, ignore the fact that less than 10% of the human population claim to be atheists and then use steps 7 through 9 to get away from the question: "what does that say about the other 90% of humanity?"

19. Confess to everyone that you were once a Christian but you saw that all Christians were just hypocrites and realised that reasonable scientific, rational, logical investigation is the only way to truly understand the world we live in.
Note: Ignore the hypocrisy in your own life when you pray in troubled times!

20. Refuse to accept or believe anything in the Bible because it was written by MEN.

21. Believe and quote other writings of MEN to prove that the Bible is wrong.
Note: completely ignore the inconsistency between steps 20 & 21

22. When referring to the Bible use the words 'myth,' 'fables,' 'fairytales,' 'ideas' and 'opinions' as often as possible.
Note: Ignore the question or use steps 7 to 9 to answer the question 'don't you believe your books and writings of science written by men just like we believe our Bible which was written by men?"

23. Only use the Bible as the authority when it will advance the atheist religion and will contribute to the atheist dogmas and doctrines. Ignore the question 'You have quoted the bible as evidence, so if the bible is true in one place the entire bible must be true, so what about the scripture that says, YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN or THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER or WHERE GOD REVEALS HIS MERCIFUL NATURE WHEN HE SENT JONAH AND SPARED THE EVIL CITY OF NINEVEH?'

24. Only quote the Bible verses that put God in a bad light, make sure every scripture quoted makes God look like a mean, unfair judge and never ever allow anyone to quote scriptures which show Him in the positive light of a loving heavenly father.

25. Tell everyone you have read the Bible and that you understand what it teaches whether you have or have not, even if you have only read the parts which support your argument and the atheistic religion, you have still 'read the bible,' right!?

26. Refer to step 7 through 9 when once you have stated that the problem in the world is religion, but it is then pointed out to you that atheism is a religion its self with it's own evangelical preachers who preach their own doctrines based on their own bible called 'The origins of the species.'

27. Reject all notions that you live by faith even though you must put your faith in the writings of your own atheist high priests and gurus like Darwin, Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens and Atkins and any other book that supports your 'beliefs.' Yes we put our faith in pilots, cars, food, doctors, evolution, and the next chair that you sit in but ignore this obvious flaw in our doctrine as well.

28. Make the claim that you only have one life and don't want to waste it on religion, then ignore your own hypocrisy by living out your own self-serving religion of atheism.

29. If your conscience begins to bother you because of moral guilt you can numb it with arrogance, self-deception, self- importance, judgement of the 'religious' (Christians) people, delusions of NO coming judgement and if this fails try some drugs, alcohol, sex, rape, murder whatever you feel like, remember, 'good' is relative and you only have one life, so live it, best of all there is no hell, right?

30. If doing the drugs and stuff does not appeal to you and you want to appear as a 'morally' upstanding person of the community, don't do the all those things but never let go of your self righteous arrogance and pride. It is this pride that will get you through many a hard times when you are struggling with a question of conscience and of your atheistic faith.

errr,  ummm ,  just in a final note, you never know, so just is case, every day ,  thank God for the free-will he has given you to express your religion of atheism as-you-see-fit, there just maybe hell to pay but ignore that reality and replace it with your own atheistic reality ,  for now, any-way, maybe?!
Who's this mr James?
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Enigma(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
toba:
Who's this mr James?

Good question!

Quite regularly (everyday more or less really) when I see a post by anyone of the evangelical atheists here, I laugh to myself because "Mr James" had long identified the folly parotted in or reflected by the post. One could easily answer most posts by the evangelical atheists by simply referring to one or other of the 30 keys; similarly with the list of questions devised by another astute person which is posted on this thread as well. smiley

As has been said before, only an omniscient person or a fool can say there is no God. wink In fact I have noticed a number of the evangelical atheists here gradually shifting their positions more towards a form of agnosticism.

cool
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Enigma(m): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2012
One more "wise saying" (as if smiley) of evangelical atheists.

"We are all atheists. The atheist only believes in one fewer god than the theist."

Neutered (or castrated) wink https://www.nairaland.com/982965/reasons-why-all-atheists#11343859

InesQor:

This is like saying:

We're all homeless; a tramp only has one less house than you do.

Does this make sense to you?

cool
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Enigma(m): 9:12am On Jul 07, 2012
^^^ And "further castrated"! smiley https://www.nairaland.com/982965/reasons-why-all-atheists/2#11355765

Mr_Anony: . . .
In conclusion, I love this logic in fact, we are all theists I only believe in one more God than you do.. . .

cool
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2012
this thread.
Bookmarked
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by truthislight: 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
buda atum: M. James says:

A impressionable young atheist was having an attack of conscience and started questioning his faith in science so he wrote to a well-know atheist and asked him for some advice about living out his beliefs as an atheist. The young atheist received this reply to his question 'How can I be an effective atheist?'

1. Make sure your main focus is on Christians. You can 'touch' on other groups to appear even-handed, but ensure you are careful to make Christians your constant target; you don't want to get killed in a Jihad, do you? So only 'mention' the others such as Islam but then say that there is no difference between radical Muslims and 'fundamentalist' Christians.

2. Remember that you are looking for faults in other religions (Christians) not trying to defend yours so do not try to prove atheism! Remember, it's much easier to destroy than build up.

3. When referring to atheists always use power-filled terms like 'intelligent, educated, thinkers, strong minded and independent.'

4. Ensure you call Christians childish degrading names like, pathetic air-heads, pointless God-bother-er's, deluded bible kissers and insult them with statements which include the terms like ignorant, clueless, uneducated. The goal here is to provoke and frustrate the Christian to the point they become angry, then, you can then claim they are a hypocrite for not being 'loving like Jesus.'

5. Always talk about just being a good person remembering that, 'good' is relative to each people and culture, just like cannibals who say 'I really enjoyed eating Bill last night, he was really 'good', or paedophiles saying 'they love little Janet, she was so 'good' or Hitler saying that killing Jews is 'good.' You are allowed to define 'good' however you would like because there is no higher authority to define what 'good' is. No one can set the objective moral standard as that would put them in the place of thinking they are 'god.'

6. Be sure to set your own moral standards and compass very, very, very low so that you'll never look like a hypocrite in public. The lower the better.

7. Be as argumentative, obnoxious, loud, sarcastic and verbal as possible - there is no need to make sense or use logic in your arguments - just keep arguing.

8. Use words like 'straw-man,' 'circular reasoning,' 'ad hominem,' 'fallacy,' 'red herring' and 'non sequiturs' against any argument which reveals the false claims of atheism whether you understand those terms or not.

9. Never answer any justified question directly but quickly change the subject to make a completely different point. If you're asked why you keep changing the subject just repeat this step as necessary.

10. Always bring up examples like the spaghetti monster, Zeus, and Santa Claus to prove that if you must believe in one God then you have to believe in all of them, right?!

11. Always ask for 'evidence' for the existence of God but never accept anything presented to you especially when you are told that God is a Spirit so you can not perceive Him with the physical senses or with any physical equipment. Also ignore the reply that 'God is God and he does not need to 'prove' himself to his creation, we are to answer to Him, He does not answer to us!' At the end of a discussion remind them that all you needed was some type of 'evidence' for God.

12. Use the Christian crusades, the Salem witch hunts, and the Inquisition which happened hundreds of years ago to 'prove' how bad 'religion' is for the world.

13. Use steps 7 through 9 to get away from any historical facts of all the good that the various Christian charities have done around the world through the centuries.

14. Express disinterest and laugh out loud at the question "Isn't it amazing that Christians continue to preach love and forgiveness to the world given the historical fact atheists have committed the most ongoing blatant atrocities against Christians. Shouldn't these Christians, 'who you claim are the problem,' in retribution, have wiped atheists from the face of the earth for the crimes atheists have committed against Christians, rather than continue to preach love, acceptance and tolerate you.

15. Blindly ignore any questions about millions of Christians being killed by atheists in the last 200 years, but if questions persist claim that this was NOT done 'in the name' of atheism ,  which makes it alright. Failing this, refer to steps 7 through 9, this should get you past any awkward questions about atheists who are guilty of crimes against humanity, human genocide and ethnic cleansing.

16. Remember to call yourself a "free-thinker" and "open-minded" but ensure you do not practice what you preach with such 'virtues' when it comes to Christianity. Being open-minded with Christians is not an option available to the atheists as this would open a can of worms we do not want to get into, you must understand that you are not 'free-to-think' that 'there is a God.'

17. Try to laugh out loud or make some disparaging noise every time a Christian makes a statement about what they believe, even if you don't think it is funny or you don't know what they are talking about or you may think they have a good point just try to make them look stupid with your laugh or disrespectful noise.

18. Claim that atheism is for intelligent people who are rooted in "rational, reasonable common sense" thinking even though you can not provide any 'rational, reasonable common sense' explanation for the existence of matter or the cause of the ignition of 'life' or our existence, ignore the fact that less than 10% of the human population claim to be atheists and then use steps 7 through 9 to get away from the question: "what does that say about the other 90% of humanity?"

19. Confess to everyone that you were once a Christian but you saw that all Christians were just hypocrites and realised that reasonable scientific, rational, logical investigation is the only way to truly understand the world we live in.

20. Refuse to accept or believe anything in the Bible because it was written by MEN.

22. When referring to the Bible use the words 'myth,' 'fables,' 'fairytales,' 'ideas' and 'opinions' as often as possible.
Note: Ignore the question or use steps 7 to 9 to answer the question 'don't you believe your books and writings of science written by men just like we believe our Bible which was written by men?"

23. Only use the Bible as the authority when it will advance the atheist religion and will contribute to the atheist dogmas and doctrines. Ignore the question 'You have quoted the bible as evidence, so if the bible is true in one place the entire bible must be true, so what about the scripture that says, YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN or THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER or WHERE GOD REVEALS HIS MERCIFUL NATURE WHEN HE SENT JONAH AND SPARED THE EVIL CITY OF NINEVEH?'

24. Only quote the Bible verses that put God in a bad light, make sure every scripture quoted makes God look like a mean, unfair judge and never ever allow anyone to quote scriptures which show Him in the positive light of a loving heavenly father.

25. Tell everyone you have read the Bible and that you understand what it teaches whether you have or have not, even if you have only read the parts which support your argument and the atheistic religion, you have still 'read the bible,' right!?

26. Refer to step 7 through 9 when once you have stated that the problem in the world is religion, but it is then pointed out to you that atheism is a religion its self with it's own evangelical preachers who preach their own doctrines based on their own bible called 'The origins of the species.'

27. Reject all notions that you live by faith even though you must put your faith in the writings of your own atheist high priests and gurus like Darwin, Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens and Atkins and any other book that supports your 'beliefs.' Yes we put our faith in pilots, cars, food, doctors, evolution, and the next chair that you sit in but ignore this obvious flaw in our doctrine as well.

28. Make the claim that you only have one life and don't want to waste it on religion, then ignore your own hypocrisy by living out your own self-serving religion of atheism.

29. If your conscience begins to bother you because of moral guilt you can numb it with arrogance, self-deception, self- importance, judgement of the 'religious' (Christians) people, delusions of NO coming judgement and if this fails try some drugs, alcohol, sex, rape, murder whatever you feel like, remember, 'good' is relative and you only have one life, so live it, best of all there is no hell, right?

30. If doing the drugs and stuff does not appeal to you and you want to appear as a 'morally' upstanding person of the community, don't do the all those things but never let go of your self righteous arrogance and pride. It is this pride that will get you through many a hard times when you are struggling with a question of conscience and of your atheistic faith.

errr,  ummm ,  just in a final note, you never know, so just is case, every day ,  thank God for the free-will he has given you to express your religion of atheism as-you-see-fit, there just maybe hell to pay but ignore that reality and replace it with your own atheistic reality ,  for now, any-way, maybe?!
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by comnsense: 12:32am On Aug 09, 2012
MR POSTER, LISTEN TO A REAL ATHEIST HERE AND SEE HOW I TICK YOUR BOXES. EVERYONE WHO IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN AN ATHEIST IN SOME MEASURE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS BIG AND IMPORTANT IN THEIR LIVES IS AN ABSOLUTE FOOL!! ATHEISM IS SYNONYMOUS WITH QUESTIONING; NOT SWALLOWING EVERY BULL PASSED ON TO YOU. IF YOU DON'T QUESTION, YOU ARE A FOOL! MOST CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN ONES HAVE NEVER QUESTIONED WHY THEY PRACTICE THEIR FAITH. THEY DON'T CONSIDER THAT THEY WOULD BE OF AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FAITH AND JUST AS FERVENT IF THEY SIMPLY HAD BEEN BORN INTO THAT FAITH. YOU HANG YOUR WHOLE BEING ON A FAITH THAT IS SIMPLY CIRCUMSTANTIAL BY BIRTH AND HAVE THE GALL TO HAVE A DIG AT ATHEISTS WHO ARE SIMPLY BEING SENSIBLE!?
THE WHITE MAN CAME, ROBBED YOU, MURDERED, IMPRISONED AND SHED YOU OF YOUR DIGNITY, TOLD YOU YOUR RELIGIONS ARE FILTHY, WORTHLESS, LOW AND BARBARIC AND REPLACED IT WITH A FANTASTICAL STORY OF SOME JEWISH MAN WHO WAS GOD BUT WAS KILLED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND YOU SWALLOWED IT WITHOUT QUESTION? YOU ARE A FOOL. THIS IS BEYOND FAITH; THIS IS STUPIDITY. AT LEAST, ASK SOME QUESTIONS!
THE POSTER TALKS ABOUT ATHEISTS SAYING 'BEING GOOD IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING' BUT THAT BEING GOOD IS SUBJECTIVE AND IT TAKES A SUPREME BEING TO GIVE US OBJECTIVE MORALITY. WELL, MR POSTER, IF THIS MORALITY IS OBJECTIVELY GOOD, THEN IT IS OBJECTIVELY GOOD INDEPENDENT OF GOD!!! THINK!! THAT MEANS GOD HIMSELF IS BOUND BY THAT MORALITY; HE IS ALSO UNDER A LAW; HE IS NOT ALMIGHTY. IF HE IS AS BOUND TO THAT MORALITY AS WE ARE, THEN WE TOO CAN ATTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF THAT MORALITY AS HE CAN. AND WE GET THIS KNOWLEDGE BY REASON!! GROW UP PEOPLE. ATHEISM IS NOT A BELIEF. I DON'T BELIEVE THE EARTH REVOLVES AROUND THE SUN. I KNOW IT BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN PROVED! BELIEF IS FOR THINGS (USUALLY BULL) THAT CANNOT BE PROVED! BELIEF IS THE DOMAIN OF RELIGION. ATHEISM IS ABOUT QUESTIONING, INVESTIGATING AND KNOWING!!!
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by comnsense: 12:58am On Aug 09, 2012
OH AND YOU SAY ATHEISTS DABBLE IN DRINK, SEX, MURDER, DRUGS TO RUN FROM THEIR CONSCIENCE OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT? DO YOU THINK RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE HAPPY? REALLY? WELL, GO AND THINK HARD ABOUT THE NATURE OF MAN. WE ARE RESTLESS BEINGS, EASILY BORED, NEEDING ENTERTAINMENT AND EXCITEMENT. PEOPLE FIND IT IN DIFFERENT WAYS; THAT IS WHY PASSIONATE PEOPLE LIVE THE FULLEST OF LIVES. STATES OF MIND OFFER THE MOST EXCITEMENT BECAUSE THE MIND IS THE SEAT OF HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE TAKE DRUGS AND DRINK TO ALTER AND PRODUCE A DIFFERENT, MORE EXCITABLE STATE OF MIND. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO A RAVE? THEY ARE USUALLY DRINK AND DRUG FUELLED. GO TO ONE AND TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM AND A TYPICAL CHRISTIAN REVIVAL IN NIGERIA. RELIGION ALSO OFFERS AN ALTERED AND EXCITABLE STATE OF MIND; IT IS A VERY POTENT DRUG. THAT IS WHY VERY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE USUALLY CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD, SOCIALLY INEPT AND IN MANY CASES, MENTALLY UNSTABLE. BUT THEY PUT ALL THIS DOWN TO SOME BIBLICAL REVELATION, APPARITIONS, BEING HATED BY THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY LOVE JESUS. RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE UNINFORMED, NON QUESTIONING ONES AS NIGERIA IS FILLED WITH ARE VERY SAD INDEED, BURDENED WITH RELIGIOUS ADHERENCE, LIVING IN FEAR OF JUDGEMENT DAY AND HELL FIRE AND CHASING PASTORS AND MIRACLES. UNBRIDLED AND UNCHECKED RELIGIOUS ADHERENCE FILLS A LIFE, COLONISES THE MIND AND MAKES ONE A VERY DIFFERENT PERSON - AND THIS IS NOT USUALLY IN A GOOD WAY. MOST PEOPLE ARE RELIGIOUS ESPECIALLY IN POOR COUNTRIES AS AN ESCAPE (LIKE A DRUG WOULD PROVIDE). SO YOU THINK BECAUSE IT CONCERNS GOD, THIS 'DRUG' IS MORALLY ACCEPTABLE EVEN WHEN IT WRECKS THE HUMAN BEING? THINK! THINK! THINK!
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by KiKatanga: 1:20am On Aug 09, 2012
1 Key to being an effective Theist

1. It says so in this book.
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by TheOP1(m): 5:32am On Aug 09, 2012
comnsense: MR POSTER, LISTEN TO A REAL ATHEIST HERE AND SEE HOW I TICK YOUR BOXES. EVERYONE WHO IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN AN ATHEIST IN SOME MEASURE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS BIG AND IMPORTANT IN THEIR LIVES IS AN ABSOLUTE FOOL!! ATHEISM IS SYNONYMOUS WITH QUESTIONING; NOT SWALLOWING EVERY BULL PASSED ON TO YOU. IF YOU DON'T QUESTION, YOU ARE A FOOL! MOST CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN ONES HAVE NEVER QUESTIONED WHY THEY PRACTICE THEIR FAITH. THEY DON'T CONSIDER THAT THEY WOULD BE OF AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FAITH AND JUST AS FERVENT IF THEY SIMPLY HAD BEEN BORN INTO THAT FAITH. YOU HANG YOUR WHOLE BEING ON A FAITH THAT IS SIMPLY CIRCUMSTANTIAL BY BIRTH AND HAVE THE GALL TO HAVE A DIG AT ATHEISTS WHO ARE SIMPLY BEING SENSIBLE!?
THE WHITE MAN CAME, ROBBED YOU, MURDERED, IMPRISONED AND SHED YOU OF YOUR DIGNITY, TOLD YOU YOUR RELIGIONS ARE FILTHY, WORTHLESS, LOW AND BARBARIC AND REPLACED IT WITH A FANTASTICAL STORY OF SOME JEWISH MAN WHO WAS GOD BUT WAS KILLED AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND YOU SWALLOWED IT WITHOUT QUESTION? YOU ARE A FOOL. THIS IS BEYOND FAITH; THIS IS STUPIDITY. AT LEAST, ASK SOME QUESTIONS!
THE POSTER TALKS ABOUT ATHEISTS SAYING 'BEING GOOD IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING' BUT THAT BEING GOOD IS SUBJECTIVE AND IT TAKES A SUPREME BEING TO GIVE US OBJECTIVE MORALITY. WELL, MR POSTER, IF THIS MORALITY IS OBJECTIVELY GOOD, THEN IT IS OBJECTIVELY GOOD INDEPENDENT OF GOD!!! THINK!! THAT MEANS GOD HIMSELF IS BOUND BY THAT MORALITY; HE IS ALSO UNDER A LAW; HE IS NOT ALMIGHTY. IF HE IS AS BOUND TO THAT MORALITY AS WE ARE, THEN WE TOO CAN ATTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF THAT MORALITY AS HE CAN. AND WE GET THIS KNOWLEDGE BY REASON!! GROW UP PEOPLE. ATHEISM IS NOT A BELIEF. I DON'T BELIEVE THE EARTH REVOLVES AROUND THE SUN. I KNOW IT BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN PROVED! BELIEF IS FOR THINGS (USUALLY BULL) THAT CANNOT BE PROVED! BELIEF IS THE DOMAIN OF RELIGION. ATHEISM IS ABOUT QUESTIONING, INVESTIGATING AND KNOWING!!!

Like youre post, I did like read more from You.
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by truthislight: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Enigma:

Face fact my friend; de thread dey pain you; dat's why you dey whine like the sissy/pansy that you have admitted to being ---- as well as to being an evangelical/fanatical/etc atheist obsessed with Christianity.  smiley

I no call any person him nairaland moniker, I just posted something that amused (and continues to amuse) me. If he no "consign" you, you for keep quiet. In fact the original drafter of that thing done talk am:

If you say me I dey insecure, I no go bother defend that one ----- the good thing is that it all helped to lead you to your admission of your problem; it may be that this (with the admission) is the beginning to you finding a cure for it. You might still need to thank me profusely one day, you know.  wink

cool

how right u were, he is very sane this DAYS,
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by truthislight: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2012
Martian:

Ok Mr. Sissy/Pansy, whatever you say. Hin dey pain me so tay god sef dey cry for heaven.  smiley
He no "consign" me of course, but I like to dey read una yeye stories bcuz hin dey make me laugh.

If making fun of jewish/greek mythology is a problem, I don't want a solution. You will thank me profusely one day, you know. After you shed your cowardly fears and embrace reality. wink

cool

reality is that we will die someday and that is what it is all about.

The ending,
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Awesome thread
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by comnsense: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2013
I have only just returned from Nigeria; while I was there, I became acquainted with some of the issues that are being debated at the heights of government. One of these issues was the push by Cameron and the US for Nigeria to legalise or support Gay unions. Anyway, this has not been received well by many, if not a majority of the Nigerian people and I had a quite interesting discussion about this with my brother in law. Somewhere in our conversation, he veered into the God/Bible issue which is quite difficult to argue against without bringing in Evolution, so I did. The interesting thing is that - and I have mentioned this in a previous article - evolution is still not properly taught in our schools, if at all. www.thenigeriangod..co.uk
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
cc : lalasticlala
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by Richirich713: 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
Excellent post, basically what I've been seeing from most atheists on nairaland.
Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by uvalued(m): 2:16am On Sep 16, 2017
budaatum:
M. James says:

2 Likes

Re: 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist by budaatum: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
budaatum:
M. James says:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / God's Creation: Hyenas Eat Pregnant Zebra Alive. Graphic. / Would You Change Your Religion For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.