Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,446 members, 7,781,292 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:55 AM

FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding (25820 Views)

President Buhari's Tribute To Late Ocholi / James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / Melaye Arrived National Hospital In His Motorcycle To See Body Of Late Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by amazingspiderma: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2016
The late Mr.Ocholi employed a non license driver despite the fact he was a learned fellow and a SAN. Yet somebody somewhere is blaming the driver. There is no case here from any point of view against the driver.This case will not hold water even in Mars.
And by the way,I am beginning to understand why we are still in such a mess as a nation.
Blaming drivers or workers on site,but the ultimate decision usually lies with the owner of the property.The incident was set in motion a long time ago. What we are discussing now is just the consequences of faulty decision making.

FRSC.......I am seriously disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Olushauneddy(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2016
Bleep FRSC.....!

Go to the advance countries...every passenger in a vehicle irrespective of your sitting position fasten the seatbelt.

Why was the driver alive? ....He made use of the seat belt.....!

But here in Nigeria....FRSC only made the use of the seat belt compulsory just only for the persons sitting in the front seat (i.e the driver and his next sitted passenger) While the rear sitted passengers are not concerned of their safety. Most especially, travelling on the highways... every passengers in a vehicle must fasten the seat belt, for life to be preserved in case of any crash

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Silencerh(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2016
Out of sense if i may say. You want to sue the driver, for wetin? why didn't the late Minister fasten his safety belt? #In Phyno's voice# Abasha, Iranu
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by ceejay80s(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2016
How much the driver get wet una wan sue ?
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2016
They want to 'sue' the dead? Hopefully they have evil spirit judges and evil spirit prisons!!!

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Chuksyno(m): 11:39am On Mar 10, 2016
Persecute the driver for what? what evidence do you have against him? I am sure late minister knew how to drive and even knew the ethics of driving motor on the highway. And I am sure that such a brandnew suv has a functional speedo meter for the late minister to atleast notice when his driver is on top speed and caution him.abeg make una leave the poor man alone joor. see as oga frsc dey talk like sey e sabi pass oyibo. Anything wey go happen go happen even though their movement dey like snail.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
Cheated death? He must be prosecuted and jailed if he is still alive.We have to start doing the right thing in this country
prosecute him even if he is confirmed dead and chain his tomb if found guilty

As if a Driver's licence means a thing in Nigeria.

Did you take a driving test when you were issued yours?
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by tlops(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Big man die. Na poor man take the blame.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by tonio2wo: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2016
Frsc trying to form importance! What is the speed limit on express roads?
Useless people.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Sijo01(f): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2016
lookingbuoy:
For crying out loud, why in the world didn't they use seat belts?
The driver and the guy in the passenger seat survived because they used seat belts. The minister and his son were ejected from the car because they didn't. What did they expect? That they'd stay glued to their seats in the event of an accident?
Rear seat belts are designed for the same reasons front seat belts are. And I don't understand why Nigerians typically don't use the rear seat belts. Don't you understand that you not only risk hurting yourselves, but also those seating in the front?

The FRSC shouldn't make this about overspeeding. People will always overspeed. Instead, the FRSC should make this about [size=38pt]"the use of seat belts"[/size]. Create a campaign to have people use seat belts, and don't just harass people who don't use the front seat belts, but also those who seat at the rear who don't use their seat belts.

Don't mind them. They're chasing shadow instead of educating the populace on the use of rear seat belt.

There's no awareness about it at all. FRSC official are only concerned about the driver and the passenger at the front.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by kissval1388: 11:43am On Mar 10, 2016
lookingbuoy:
For crying out loud, why in the world didn't they use seat belts?
The driver and the guy in the passenger seat survived because they used seat belts. The minister and his son were ejected from the car because they didn't. What did they expect? That they'd stay glued to their seats in the event of an accident?
Rear seat belts are designed for the same reasons front seat belts are. And I don't understand why Nigerians typically don't use the rear seat belts. Don't you understand that you not only risk hurting yourselves, but also those seating in the front?

The FRSC shouldn't make this about overspeeding. People will always overspeed. Instead, the FRSC should make this about [size=38pt]"the use of seat belts"[/size]. Create a campaign to have people use seat belts, and don't just harass people who don't use the front seat belts, but also those who seat at the rear who don't use their seat belts.
my papa car no get back seat belt. Na 504 Peugeot
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by goodgate: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2016
jarkbauer:
Sue him and he will thrash you in the law court for "lack of evidence". How you wan prove overspeeding?
That vehicle had a recorder,and it showed the driver was moving at 200Km per hour for atleast 20 mins before the accident occured,besides he got an alert about the tire's low pressure 10mins before it blew out,he was to have reduced his speed to enable the RUN-FLATS Device function optimally.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Abbies: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2016
Rubbish! Aren't they adults? They should know that they need to use seat belts. I don't even trust his FRSC guys, they just look for a scapegoat in situations like this especially since it involves a minister.
We might never know what really happened but it is too early for them to just assume that it is all the driver's fault.

A tragic accident but it does not mean you must blame somebody.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by ClintonDal(m): 11:53am On Mar 10, 2016
Just look at this useless FRSC. When the Ocholi's hired him didn't they scrutinize his credentials? Abi they want to tell us that anybody can drive in a ministers convoy? No disrespect to the dead but this is just not right. Did his lack of having a license cause the car to malfunction or hinder them from putting on the seat belts. They should just let this driver go please.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 10, 2016
kilokeys:
Can a driver speed without the oga's consent?
very good question, some ogas will sit at the back and be driving with their mouth. They should let the man R.I.P all this their eye service won't bring him back to life .
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by yunafa(f): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2016
Please, i don't understand something here...i thot the driver died...please someone should clarify the entire story from the day of the accident, how many cars involved, how many casualties and how many drivers becos i really am lost in translation.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Raymee(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2016
Typical Nigeria's headline! It is in this part of the country of the world that the poor are oppressed even when they are dead. Very funny set of people. Why is the Minister's corpse not queried for not wearing seat belt, so it will be 1-1? Operation satisfy the TOPS!
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by babadee1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
jarkbauer:
Sue him and he will thrash you in the law court for "lack of evidence". How you wan prove overspeeding?

They are thinking of charging him for driving without a license not for overspeeding. The overspeeding aspect is just to explain how the accident happened in the first place.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by tico1212(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
He is dead... make dem arrest his corpse na. Yeyenatu
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by femliany(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Bukaiske:

Common sense is not common........ Receive sense in Jesus name............

Revd King prophesying
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by momove4real25(f): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
I knew it, that if the driver dies or not they will sue him. It happend in Ogun State some years back when late SSG instructed d driver to over speed BKS of meeting. Immediately d accident occurred d driver was locked up at eleweran police head quarter. Poor man usually suffers for any big man den falls. may God enrich us all
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by onyxo76(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
if a whole SAN didn't verify if his driver didn't have a license speaks volumes of our attitude in this country, how do you prove he was over speeding? was there a speed camera in site? abeg go and focus on other things jare, i'm pretty sure more than half of the drivers who drive our leaders have no license...
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Bimpe29: 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
And how would that bring back the dead ones? The expected thing from FRSC is to strengthen the enforcement of its various road safety measures on the Road Users.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by fortunechy(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
beginning of general madnezz.they ar sueing a corpse.mchteeeeww!!!
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by akanniade10(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
Sijo01:

Oh my! cheesy
Thanks for that jare.

Anytime smiley
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Ndukings92(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
Cheated death? He must be prosecuted and jailed if he is still alive.We have to start doing the right thing in this country
y didn't d deceased "minister" control or caution him"driver"to regulate his speed as d boss he is?if he failed to control ordinarily his driver I wonder how he pushed his once ministerial office to d permanent site
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by kizyalex10(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
because a minister is involved now,FRSC don come out to show dere self nd apportion blame,what does license got to do with the accident.they should sue the government for the bad road,nd also d late minister nd son for nt wearing sit belt,instead of that they want to victimise the poor driver.Nigerians eh?they re born to divert justice.rubbishh!!!
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by YesBoss1(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
What if it was the senator that asked him to speed up?
Which one be senator again? Minister.... Na so people de fail exam
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by omodana87: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
It is too late abeg...will u arrest d lost soul DAT engaged d service of unqualify personnel..?
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by mightyokwy(m): 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
For what naw, it bcs is ocholi is a minister?. Do you know number of nigerian citizens that die on nigeria high way on daily basis without FRSC doing anything about it. In fact was Mr ocholi not in the vehicle to cauction the driver when he was over speeding. Is his life more important than avarage Nigerians that perishes on that same road every day, I even heard on the radio that they were not putting on their sit belt when the ancidents occurred. Abeg make them leave the driver jare, it can happen to anybody.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by deathmen12: 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
OkoyeA1:
They will not go and Prosecute all Dis Dangote drivers killing Nigerians...becos na minister.... is it just Nigeria or what?
nor mind those mofos
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by HabibGwen230(f): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
when will Nigerians start using @least 2% of their brain? The Driver of a whole minister has no 'DRIVING LICENSE' abi na DRIVER's LICENSE.Infact I'm even ashamed typing it sef....Meanwhile frsc want to Sue ghost ni...Abi was it not on dis same NL I read dat the Driver was dead ni Seun don't breach the trust I have 4 u ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Operatives Feared Killed As Gunmen Burn Station In Anambra / How To Change Your NIN Date Of Birth Or Name(modification) / Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.