Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba (18019 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Wears Made In Aba Attire (Photos) / See The Horrible Atrocity Rochas Okorocha Is Committing At Owerri (photo) / When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by donigspain(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2016
Here is a cry-out from a Facebook friend on the sorry state of Obohia Road, Ohanku Road, Ibadan Street, Port Harcourt Road, Ngwa Road and many others.

These are different sections of the OBOHIA ROAD, in Aba, Abia State... And someone will comfortably post on Facebook that the Roads in Obohia are under serious construction, these and that bra..bra..bra. U needed to have seen how people were suffering today, immersing their legs in such dirty and disgusting waters; I don't want to talk of PH Road, Ohanku Road, Ngwa Road, and even Ibere Road, where houses and other structures were severely destroyed without any serious steps to put the Road into normalcy. Those pix ure viewing or rather about to view, are basically Obohia Road, you're yet to see other Roads and if u've not been in Aba for a very long time, u would wonder if the Roads were meant for abandoned Apes. Someone is busy maintaining other manageable Roads/Streets while the basic/major ones that require immediate attention are not looked into; who is deceiving who? SO BE WISE!! Use your tongue and count your teeth, only then will you be able to understand how "beautiful" the Roads are, here in Aba. Remember, these are just few out of many. My experience today wasn't funny, even though I know it wasn't the first time but the one of today was too "unbearable". What would happen tomorrow if rain falls again?
May God have mercy upon us.
‪#‎IamRemainsreal‬
‪#‎IamJustTrying2makeAcommonSense‬
‪#‎justLikeBenBruce‬
‪#‎BeWiseMypeople

SOURCE

PS: The views expressed above are solely of the Original Writer's. I am pleading with Governor Ikpeazu of Abia state to come to the rescue of residents of these areas. Frankly, these places are experiencing serious urban decay. I wrote/forecasted about this in my Bsc. Thesis (Impact of Rural - Urban Migration on the Environment of Aba South LGA, Abia state) back in 2011. Solutions to this are contained in my thesis and one of which is to encourage Reverse Migration (paradigm shift) through urbanisation of other towns in Abia state (Abia North) plus adoption of a Multiple Nuclei Model of development for Aba. I'm aware of the rehabilitation works ongoing in some parts of Aba however, this should be extended to the areas mentioned earlier.

CC: Ponponkon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by donigspain(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2016
Follow @Henrikachi on Twitter and RETWEET the Pinned tweet until Gov Ikpeazu acknowledges. Use #SaveAba for communications on this subject.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by donigspain(m): 11:59am On Mar 10, 2016
More pictures of the road.

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by loopman: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pigs abode. grin
Even pigs will not want to dwell here.
This is the Iboland those IPOB thugs will want to hide.

25 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by uckennety(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
Op na today ur Eyes open when t.a orji and orji uzor Kalu d rule y did u post dz!dz man dt is working seriously v not stayed up to a year!u r painting black!nwanna we v to count 1 b4 we count 2!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Mrjo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nt only that what of the demolition that hav increase robbery in aba

1 Like

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by princdebola201(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
Jesus..!!!!!! Aba still remain dirtiest city in Westafricagrincheesy

no wonder their leaders will steal from their govt coffers and run down to South West to invest their stolen funds

27 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Abagworo(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
princdebola201:
Jesus..!!!!!! Aba still remain dirtiest city in Westafricagrincheesy

no wonder their leaders will steal from their govt coffers and run down to South West to invest their stolen funds

Lagos is dirtier but still has more people hence your logic is flawed.

18 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by princdebola201(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Lagos is dirtier but still has more people hence your logic is flawed.
Every state has it's own dirty areas but Aba is worst among all.
Most dirtiest city in west africa indeed

25 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by olafum1(m): 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Be Honest..

was it Buhari or Jonathan that should have build this road?

Like for Buhari- Shares for Jonathan.

11 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by MrAboki: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hygiene and Abia state be like Oil and Water.. angry

15 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by wasco24: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
buhari should be blaim for neglecting south East
Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by SycophanticGoat: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
This is disgusting! Ikpeazu please get to work on this road cuz this is an eyesore! angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by domopps(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
Jisus! Sambisa a better city

Cheeeeeers

3 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by falolajacob(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
The governor should be able to help now that the APC led government have promise to refund monies for such contracts.
Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Kakamorufu(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Gods own state indeed. No change there since 2013 that i left cry

1 Like

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
No wonder they keep shipping themselves in thousands to the Southwest on a daily basis. Not even a Pig will feel comfortable living in such a dirty and erosion ravaged enviroment. And they keep bragging that Ikpeazu and Obiano is working Smh grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by mallamseifaldin(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
May God punish the ORJIS that has ruled this state....

2 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by vislabraye(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
What are these governors doing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
Dirty Gala kids

4 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by afroniger: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kai!! T.A Orji and Uzor Kalu really messed up Abia! I wonder if they even tarred any roads or tried to clean up the state because it seems no matter how hard Ikpeazu tries, Abia's neglect over the years are just too pervasive for his efforts to be felt. sad Tufiakwa.

All those people trading around their should be relocated cos that area is too dirty for theirs and their customers health.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by rawtouch: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Counsellor local government chairman and governor see work don set

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by colossus2: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Next time please put viewers discretion

17 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by thefakestan: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
This must be Aba ofcos

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by yarimo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
grin grin angry grin
loopman:
Pigs abode. grin
Even pigs will not want to dwell here.
This is the Iboland those IPOB thugs will want to hide.

1 Like

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Nnaemiemax: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pikiture nka dikwa egwu.. sad sad cry

1 Like

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by RichDad1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
Imagine
And the useless Ipod's will be busy shouting Brown roof this, Aregbesola that. Bloody hypocryts
angry

8 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Abobaku: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
The first time I visited Aba, I was so unfortunate to stay with a friend who reside on this road and it was not a pleasant experience plying this road. Apart from the fact that the road does not have good drainage system, I noticed that residents have the habit of dumping refuse along the road hence causing blockage to the already bad drainage. I employ the government of Abia state to look into this matter ASAP. This road would be used as a yard stick in measuring his achievements at the end of the day.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by loopman: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
Governance is dead in Abia State.

3 Likes

Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by diva90: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
So filthy undecided
Re: The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
Up PDP and GEJ down APC all the way for the bad roads in the PDP state. Good example for all governors in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives President Adama Barrow Of Gambia / Buhari's UK Trip: PDP Asks National Assembly To Avert Constitutional Crisis / CBN Asks Court Not To Unfreeze EndSARS Campaigners’ Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.