Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan (51409 Views)

This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late / What Amaechi Said About Wike's Ministerial Nomination 4years Ago..!!! / Asari Dokubo Spits Fire - "No Government In Nigeria", Buhari’s Deceitful ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by mrphysics(m): 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
lesbiangirl:
Am sure he means no govt can fix his administration's mess in 4years undecided

I wanted to reply you, but when I saw your moniker, I have to change mind. remain in your ignorance eternally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Achorise: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Our problem is citizenry problems, not only leadership problems, if the followers , you and I can have a good mindsets void of
criminality
Nepotism
bigotry
tribalism
religious intolerance.
No leader will mess with governance, because the system will kick you out, but we now have a national mindset of celebrating mediocrity, evil politicians, criminals, our institutions are highly corrupt.

No president can achieve a clean Nigeria In four yrs.We are our problems.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by dukecharles(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
I seriously wonder why a right thinking person, will open his mouth and said that, GEJ failed as it were, if that is the case what of the current administration,?

1 Like

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by raph101(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
Shattap that stuff u call a mouth... Open your eyes and see the hardship coming... The thunder of wahalla wey go fire una still dey do pressup
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
More spiritual than physical.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
If you can't wait then relocate to anywhere you want. But we are Nigerians and we have nowhere than Nigeria, and Buhari is our president and we're so proud of it, but if you're not comfortable with it then go we've no problem, but please shut up the hell out of your mouth.
Why d shout.....Buhari told us dat he can do DAT and datz why Nigerians vote for him
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by mrphysics(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
See the content of the newspaper
President Goodluck Jonathan has declared
that there no government could solve
Nigeria’s problems within four years.
The president made this declaration,
yesterday when he paid a courtesy call on the
Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari in
continuation of his re-election campaign.
He emphasised that beyond tackling the Boko
Haram insurgency, his administration was
addressing other challenges in several
sectors of the economy, including creating
jobs through diverse means.

He said: “Beyond tackling the insurgency, we
are creating road networks; we are moving
faster in several sectors. There is no way
within four years any government can finish
the programmes of this country”.
The President’s declaration contrasted
sharply with his previous remark over four
years ago in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Jonathan had while interacting with Nigerians
in Addis-Ababa, in February 2011, promised
that if voted in for the next four years, he
would ensure significant improvement in
power, especially.
He had said: “Without security, there is no
government. So it is not debatable, it is
something we have to address and we are
working towards that with vigour.
“But if I’m voted into power within the next
four years, the issue of power will become a
thing of the past.
“Four years is enough for anyone in power to
make significant improvement and if I can’t
improve on power within this period, it then
means I cannot do anything even if I am
there for the next four years.”
The president disclosed that the military
would take delivery of additional equipment
beginning this week as part of his
administration’s efforts towards containing
the Boko Haram insurgency.
He expressed optimism that this would
enable the country to move faster in another
two weeks in curtailing the insurgency.
“We have been to many states, in Abuja,
Sokoko, Gombe, Kano and Niger States and
the north-east states of Yobe, Borno and
Adamawa where we are battling insurgency.
“And we will surely give it a halt. We are
creating platform for our military and in
another two weeks, we would move faster
than we have been moving before”, Jonathan
said.
Jonathan added: “We have intervened in
several programmes especially in the area of
agriculture. We are committed to moving this
country forward, to create jobs for the
country through diverse means.
“We are working very hard to create jobs for
our youths, we are encouraging the growth of
small and medium enterprises in order to
improve our economy and create wealth for
the people”.
Jonathan noted that he was at the emir’s
palace to personally inform the royal father
that he was running for his “remaining time”
in office.
“Today, we are here in this state for a
political rally. Your Royal Highness, we are
here for a purpose. We have been here for a
number of times. 2011, I was here. After that,
I have been here.
“Today, we are here for the same mission
that brought us in 2011. Even though you
must have heard before, I’m here to
personally tell you that I am running for my
remaining time in office with my vice
president who would continue to be my
running mate”.
He introduced the gubernatorial candidate of
the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the
state, Senator Simeon Ajibola to the emir,
and pledged that the people of Kwara State
would continue to enjoy freedom and quality
of life, if they vote in the PDP candidates.
In his remarks, the emir said having observed
Jonathan’s performance over the years, he
was convinced that he had done well.
He prayed God to crown Jonathan’s efforts
with success and called on politicians to
conduct their campaigns without violence.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/45430-no-govt-can-fix-nigeria-in-4-years-jonathan
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by SycophanticGoat: 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
If you can't wait then relocate to anywhere you want. But we are Nigerians and we have nowhere than Nigeria, and Buhari is our president and we're so proud of it, but if you're not comfortable with it then go we've no problem, but please shut up the hell out of your mouth.

But LIE MohamMAD, Oshi-abu-njo, Mumuhammado mumuhary, OBO-NLA hamMAD THIEFnûbu, Ebola Ewu, FAILshola, AMUechi, COCKROACHA, etc, all said that APC will fix Nigeria within just a year... We will give them only 2 years, after which, we kick their dirty useless, visionless, directionless, nepotistic, vindictive, chauvinistic, tribalistic and demonic arses out of Aso Rock..
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by isnovic(m): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
By January 27th 2015, GEJ has already delivered on all his promises.

He never told us he was going to make Naira equal to Dollars.
He never told us he will get powers up to 40,000MW: neither did he trivialized the enormity of the issues of power unlike some who said they see no reason why power cannot be increased or steadied in 6 months.
Meanwhile 1 year down the line, they have not scratched an increase in power generation and neither have they improved transmission of power supply.

Forex in GEJ 6 year tenure was constant except for the election year, which was quite normal given our brand of politics (cash politics and stomach infrastructure).

However today I learnt a new word perfected by this Government called economic-Terrorism.
A term that describe our just too recent experience where some people's action and inaction were too powerful that they determine the value of Naira, for which we are now hostage economically.

There were hardly more than 2 times we had to queue up at the filling station at GEJs time: Now my wife, I and the Kids queue at the filling station from 430am just to wet our car tanks talk less of buying for your generator, as you now have to drag your generators to the filling station to get it filled up.

If not for the sycophants and the saboteurs from the North who were hell bent on ruling the country, causing him the many problems he dealt with in his tenure plus his greed for second term, non-firmness and free-spirited nature...some of his many character flaws I must add, he simply would have passed as the best President Nigerian had if results were anything to go by.

Tangible economic result and policy consistency that is, and not this propaganda type govt. A Govt. of social media and news media, for the social media and the news media and by unfortunately real people who invested HIGH emotional/expectation currency on GMB.

4 Likes

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
d
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by hallelluyah(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
Too badddddddd! You these APC rats are a disgrace to yourselves!!!! Read through what you w posted and cover your head in BIG shame after aall your fake promises. You can now have BIG mouth to say Buhari is not a magician? Rubbish,!!!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by bibiking7(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
If I was able to manage pdp's non performance for 16 years. I think I can afford to give this government 4 years. The way I see it, the only reason why most people are complaining is because we have always been used to the messed up way of doing things. For me, I think we are moving in the right direction. Its no more business as usual and some unscrupulous peeps are pissed and are trying to sabotage this government. Good thing we have a man who does not give a phuck. The main issue I had with jona was his simplicity and non assertiveness. Even small businesses in Nigeria cannot be handled that way. People will mess you up. I believe that shiiit will get better.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Gentle247(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
It's only God Can change the government for a change to take place.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
But during campaign,buhari promised to fix nigeria in a year.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by banme1(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
But Apc. Deceived some people including the gullible op by saying they can fix it.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by nanbaljenas(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
donbenedict:
But a government can spoil Nigeria in just a minute...

I Have always thought to myself what if our better days are behind us? think about that
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by kay29000(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
lesbiangirl:

lol!

1 Like

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Adeniyi67: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Jonathan is the worst president Nigeria will ever produce , he empowered thug and militant , while the law abiding citizens are suffering .
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by samento: 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
donbenedict:
You will only be selfish with the truth. If not you really know the people that spoil Nigeria.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
People with failed fathers will come here to cause Gej. It will be very hard for Nigeria to get somebody like GEJ again. Forget about politics and propagandas, GEJ is better than your fathers and he lived your fathers' respective dreams. Respect him for that.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by ndcide(m): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
Is this thread an excuse to fail?

This thread seem to want to give buhari's government, tolerance for failure. grin

That means GEJ remains the standard for this government. That's why there's always attack on his legacies so that if they don't measure up, they'll have what to hold on to.

So shameful.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
utenwuson:
ds man stl remain clueless after office kai
omg...That news is dated back to JAnuary 2015. undecided undecided undecided You no get eyes ni
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by babydioku(f): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Yea what obasanjo destroyed that took jonathan more than 4 years to fix, it took buhari 1month to destroy when he newly came into power. Look at the naira. The economy is a mess.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Andy1021(m): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Why bringing this post? Ex president -Goodluck Jonathan said this 27 January, 2015 when elections is about to hold, but people will just post it as if it was today issue.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by NorttGate: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
skyman200:
Jonathan, s tenure is nice although the hausa/fulani spoiled his tenure through the means of Boko haram in other to remove Jonathan in power because they have sworn that they are the owner of Nigeria that leadership in nigeria is their absolute right.
This has really expose your flaws big time. A brain washed and gullible person who is susceptible to anything lie to hate a group even in d face of real failure by d liar. I say it's well
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
lesbiangirl:

U ar nt an asshole but, u are jst trying so hard to be. Stop being silly!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by ndcide(m): 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
isnovic:
By January 27th 2015, GEJ has already delivered on all his promises.

He never told us he was going to make Naira equal to Dollars.
He never told us he will get powers up to 40,000MW: neither did he trivialized the enormity of the issues of power unlike some who said they see no reason why power cannot be increased or steadied in 6 months.
Meanwhile 1 year down the line, they have not scratched an increase in power generation and neither have they improved transmission of power supply.

Forex in GEJ 6 year tenure was constant except for the election year, which was quite normal given our brand of politics (cash politics and stomach infrastructure).

However today I learnt a new word perfected by the Govt. economic Terrorism.
A term that describe our just too recent experience where some people were just too large that there action and inactions were too loud that they determine the value of Naira, for which we are now hostage economically.

There were hardly more than 2 times we had to queue up at the filling station at GEJs time: Now my wife, I and the Kids queue at the filling station from 430am just to wet our car tanks talk less of buying for your generator, as you now have to drag your generators to the filling station to get it filled up.

If not for the sycophants and the saboteurs from the North who were hell bent on ruling the country, causing him the many problems he dealt with in his tenure plus his greed for second term, non-firmness and free-spirited nature...some of his many character flaws I must add, he simply would have passed as the best President Nigerian had if results were anything to go by.

Tangible economic result and policy consistency that is, and not this propaganda type govt. A Govt. for the social media, and by the media.

Bros, the problem with GEJ's government was all about boko haram and how to solve it. It was a great distraction from day one. That 900 billion was budgeted for defense, instead of other infrastructure, it was just to solve boko haram, that dasuki diverted money, was because of the desperation to solve boko haram by all means. Look, remove boko haram, GEJ's government was more poised to lift Nigeria than any other government. Remember he had a power road map before he ran for election, which he presented to Nigerians in Lagos. He had his team ready for it also.

People around him may be have undone his efforts but you can't take his grace away from him.

No leader is a super man.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Chukky86: 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Anybody that said that Nigeria condition is good the way burhari governors it now ,may God almighty governors his or her home or life and his or her present and coming generation same way in Jesus name.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by humbleself242(m): 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
cheesy angry cool kiss lipsrsealed embarassed silly you shocked angry cheesy smiley kiss undecided
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by CodeHouse: 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
donbenedict:
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by iamgiggssleaky(m): 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
ladyF:
In 16 years nko? Abegi! Shift! angry
did I miss something?
You forgot to add something here oo seems you weren't in a good mood when you dropped this comment lemme help you
IT'S LADY F AGAIN!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by olakan22: 11:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
mechonu joor. Did Buhari tell us b4 election that things would be tough. Didn't he promise us goodies ASAP? Why are u making excuses for him? You self don chop rice? The truth of the matter is that Buhari is nt performing up to xpectations (his promises). He's a liar who lied his way to power. He deceived us by making promises he knows he won't fulfill!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lobbying For Appointments In Tinubu’s Presidency Begins / Festus Keyamo Loses Polling Unit To Peter Obi (Video/Pictures) / Biography Of Sunday Akin Dare, Nominated For Minister From Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.