Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,736 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan (51418 Views)

This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late / What Amaechi Said About Wike's Ministerial Nomination 4years Ago..!!! / Asari Dokubo Spits Fire - "No Government In Nigeria", Buhari’s Deceitful ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by mightyokwy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
Kennitrust:
sharrap!
Who is this clown angry
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by AyoolaIgwe(m): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
mightyokwy:
In fact Nigeria case has gone worst, it will take eternity to fix this country.
lolzzzzzz
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by olakan22: 11:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
isnovic:
By January 27th 2015, GEJ has already delivered on all his promises.

He never told us he was going to make Naira equal to Dollars.
He never told us he will get powers up to 40,000MW: neither did he trivialized the enormity of the issues of power unlike some who said they see no reason why power cannot be increased or steadied in 6 months.
Meanwhile 1 year down the line, they have not scratched an increase in power generation and neither have they improved transmission of power supply.

Forex in GEJ 6 year tenure was constant except for the election year, which was quite normal given our brand of politics (cash politics and stomach infrastructure).

However today I learnt a new word perfected by the Govt. economic Terrorism.
A term that describe our just too recent experience where some people were just too large that there action and inactions were too loud that they determine the value of Naira, for which we are now hostage economically.

There were hardly more than 2 times we had to queue up at the filling station at GEJs time: Now my wife, I and the Kids queue at the filling station from 430am just to wet our car tanks talk less of buying for your generator, as you now have to drag your generators to the filling station to get it filled up.

If not for the sycophants and the saboteurs from the North who were hell bent on ruling the country, causing him the many problems he dealt with in his tenure plus his greed for second term, non-firmness and free-spirited nature...some of his many character flaws I must add, he simply would have passed as the best President Nigerian had if results were anything to go by.

Tangible economic result and policy consistency that is, and not this propaganda type govt. A Govt. for the social media, and by the media.
collect as much kunu as you want... It's on me.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by ODUBEZE: 11:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
If you can't wait then relocate to anywhere you want. But we are Nigerians and we have nowhere than Nigeria, and Buhari is our president and we're so proud of it, but if you're not comfortable with it then go we've no problem, but please shut up the hell out of your mouth.
True nobody is expecting any magician but from the foundation you will know what your house is going to look like + why make promises for a short term when you know that you cannot even fulfil it in a long term?
Its a matter of integrity. For once leave GEJ alone and face the truth!
Even the northerners who are die hard loyalist knows that Igboro o rerin (the environment is not friendly!
The earlier you wake up the better for you!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by winningwinner(m): 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Abeg show me another paper that say the same thing. Daily Trust na cut and join paper. They fit report NO where Jonathan said YES. I no TRUST this paper one bit in matters of this nature.
Quote me any where and win NNPC Award!!!!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by G12(m): 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
He said so, but you guys didn't want to reason with him. Instead, you preffered to bank on empty promises and instead of demanding for your right, you're acting like zombies.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by FmO4(m): 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
I Don't expect this from our immediate past President who claim to be a patriotic Nigerian. WE gave U almost 2tenure to rule our dear country and U tried ur best.why condeming the present President when U claim to be a patriotic Nigerian.in case U dnt know,the meaning of ur word is that,U know HOW far U spoilt Nigeria,so no one can fix the problem U 've caused in just 4years. Sorry to say,I don't have party,but am 100% disappointed in U your Excellency Mr Goodluck Jonathan.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by henrygale(m): 11:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
At least, GEJ said d truth coz he knows he is not a magician and wasn't ready to lie to win cheap sympathy.
APC lied so many lies just to win d price,after wch dey started denying lots of tns dey said........dats not honourable for someone we put d future of our country in his hands.
But den,what do I know,am supposed to be sleeping by now,but heat no gree and nepa no gimme light to on fan nor ac,and nowhere to buy fuel to run d gen!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by anonimi: 12:07am On Mar 12, 2016
hakeem4:
The way pdp destroyed Nigeria , you'd need 100 years to fix it back

.....but PDP is still destroying our country with the man who ruled for 8 of the 16 years "navigating" APC.........

Obasanjo endorses APC moves, as party leadership visit Abeokuta
22.Dec 2013

The push by the opposition, All Progressives Congress, APC to dislodge the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP received a boost yesterday as former President Olusegun Obasanjo openly threw his weight behind the APC’s current initiatives.
The APC leadership, comprising some national leaders and governors visited him Obasanjo in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital on Saturday to solicit the former president’s support for the party in the forthcoming elections.
The party leaders, which started converging on Obasanjo’s Hilltop Mansion around 5:22pm, included former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the party’s Interim National Chairman, Bisi Akande; former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari; former speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Masari; former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff; Senator Osita Isunazor; Senator Bukola Saraki and Lai Mohammed.
Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State came to the former president’s house in company with the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissioin, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; the former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode and others in a convoy of three black jeeps.
Other APC governors at the meeting included Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Senator Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo).
The Chairman of the New PDP, Kawu Baraje led some of his members and the former Kaduna State Chairman, Yero Makama, to the meeting.
Presenting the party chieftains and the APC governors to Obasanjo during the opening of the meeting, Akande said the party was in support of the former president’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.
The APC National Leader, Tinubu who alluded to Obasanjo’s contribution to the building of the Nigerian nation, lamented that the country was divided more than ever.
Apparently referring to Obasanjo’s recent letter to Jonathan, he enjoined the former president not to shy away from speaking the truth.
Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission.
“You’ve come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage. Nobody can say he has information more than you. You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before; to realise stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,” he said.

Source: http://newmail-ng.com/new/obasanjo-endorses-apc-moves-as-party-leadership-visit-abeokuta/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by anonimi: 12:11am On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by anonimi: 12:15am On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by 247notire(m): 12:16am On Mar 12, 2016
Scholes007:
Since 1970 to 1999 nigeria have being a failed state in the hands of greedy men who misplaced the priority of the nation. They created the foundation of the problems today. 1999-2007 was the period of legalization of this menace. 2007-2015 was a time were fresh hands and young men were trying through policies and other factors to turn the fortune of the nation around for good. 2015-till date should be a time to continue this fight of liberation but hell no it cannot be found, we are not yet done with chasing shadows. The first coup was done in fight of corruption, instead of building strong institutions, power drunk fool kept fight over power living only in shadows. 1999 when things should have turned around, our leaders (especially the first citizen) created this culture of chop make i chop nothing dey happen . A relatively genuine fight to install a good leadership began from 2007, impacts can be felt today. Freedom of speech, easier assess to information and lots more are example of it. What this present gov should do is continue from where these men stopped while correcting some wrongs without noise.
Nice one. Hard to impress me but I'm thoroughly impressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by 247notire(m): 12:18am On Mar 12, 2016
Angelberry:
GEJ was truthful to himself and every well meaning Nigerian
I love you baby.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by femmycares(m): 12:23am On Mar 12, 2016
tempest01:

I thougt change agents thought otherwise?

What is the change then?
Google is ur friend
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by anonimi: 12:24am On Mar 12, 2016
Scholes007:
Since 1970 to 1999 nigeria have being a failed state in the hands of greedy men who misplaced the priority of the nation. They created the foundation of the problems today. 1999-2007 was the period of legalization of this menace. 2007-2015 was a time were fresh hands and young men were trying through policies and other factors to turn the fortune of the nation around for[b] good[/b]. 2015-till date should be a time to continue this fight of liberation but hell no it cannot be found, we are not yet done with chasing shadows. The first coup was done in fight of corruption, instead of building strong institutions, power drunk fool kept fight over power living only in shadows. 1999 when things should have turned around, our leaders (especially the first citizen) created this culture of chop make i chop nothing dey happen . A relatively genuine fight to install a good leadership began from 2007, impacts can be felt today. Freedom of speech, easier assess to information and lots more are example of it. What this present gov should do is continue from where these men stopped while correcting some wrongs without noise.

And the fresh, young hands fought corruption SYSTEMATICALLY without noise for better results unlike the APC navigator.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by nortcentrallord(m): 12:38am On Mar 12, 2016
Infact, Zombies just shot themselves in the foot. This man said this and couldn't fix the country yet we have another who said he would do this and that in one year and all we have been experiencing since he came is a car movement in auto reverse mode. So, who got more integrity? The former or the latter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by anonimi: 12:39am On Mar 12, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician
If you can't wait then relocate to anywhere you want. But we are Nigerians and we have nowhere than Nigeria, and Buhari is our president and we're so proud of it, but if you're not comfortable with it then go we've no problem, but please shut up the hell out of your mouth.

Since when did Buhari STOP being a magician?
AFTER the fraudulent SCAM he sold his zombies to win on March 28, 2015
Yet some irredeemable zombies still call the 419er a man of integrity. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3018404_fbimg1440078497612_jpeg3a8a60a93f1e032153541a608593102d
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by nortcentrallord(m): 12:42am On Mar 12, 2016
hakeem4:

Is it now pdp? I though it was GEJ alone who destroyed pdp for 16 years?

1 Like

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Adeniyi67:
Jonathan is the worst president Nigeria will ever produce , he empowered thug and militant , while the law abiding citizens are suffering .
has Buhari empowered you?.

Stop defending a president that is a laughing stock to his foreign counterpart.

The rate of inflation is getting too much
Fuel scarcity is becoming unbearable
There is no light.

A president without economic plan wat so Eva is doom to fail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 12, 2016
1United1:

Don't mind the Useless IPOB youths
Gutless and lazy Oduduwa youth

1 Like

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by AreaFada2: 1:31am On Mar 12, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:
I Pity Nigeria, THE North believe they are born to rule Nigeria forever, any time a southerner becomes a President they will destroy the government and take over power by fire by force, Nigeria issue is beyond APC or PDP, must some people from certain part of the country continue to rule the country. Sometimes I wonder how people voted for a man that threaten that BABOON and dogs will soak in BLOOD if he loses an election and he lost the election and dogs and baboon was truely soaked in Blood, later the same man make a statement that a fight on Boko haram is equivalent to fighting the entire North and some people believe that this is the kind of person that will lead them to promise land.Ok ooo!

Lady, don't waste your time.
People are not interested in the truth. Most are blinded by tribalism & bigotry.
GEJ only got to the presidency by chance, he wasn't meant to be by the self-acclaimed owners of Nigeria.
Once he got there, they did all they could to frustrate him.

Still, he brought back railway (with concrete plans for national railway network), 16 new Fed universities, hundreds of Almajiri schools, agricultural boom, FOI came, respect for legal pronouncements, we became Africa's biggest economy for the first time, Lagos-Benin & several other fed roads better since early 1990s, Several airports got a facelift, etc, etc. God knows his people.

Voting for him only happened because SW & North hadn't had enough time to connive.

Fact is everyone is suffering from current poor governance, irrespective of tribe or region.

A country that recycles an outdated 20th century ideologue as leader cannot mean to go forward yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by ladyF(f): 1:41am On Mar 12, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:

did I miss something?

You forgot to add something here oo
seems you weren't in a good mood when you dropped this comment
lemme help you

IT'S LADY F AGAIN!
lol thanks... grin
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by obivictor(m): 1:46am On Mar 12, 2016
Gej was truthful and plain unlike one Bubu who promised chanji
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by AreaFada2: 1:49am On Mar 12, 2016
olakan22:
mechonu joor. Did Buhari tell us b4 election that things would be tough. Didn't he promise us goodies ASAP? Why are u making excuses for him? You self don chop rice? The truth of the matter is that Buhari is nt performing up to xpectations (his promises). He's a liar who lied his way to power. He deceived us by making promises he knows he won't fulfill!
I don't believe Buhari lied. It takes some cleverness and sophistication to lie.
ACN lied mercilessly for him. Led by Lai Mo.

He has no plans, aside fighting corruption using 20th century methods, hence he said nothing concrete. grin grin

Buhari spoke for less than an hour during his whole campaign.

In saner climes these days, who will vote for a man who barely said anything about his plan for the country?

Buhari's junketing now should have been obvious then, because he said more in Chatham House in London than in Nigeria. Even though diaspora Nigerians have no vote.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by amtaken(f): 5:26am On Mar 12, 2016
Didn't you see that headline before promising us change?

Ok you guys were like: let us deceive them with the change mantra so that they will vote for us first after which we will use all available means to show them why change won't work.

Scamming scammers!
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by saintneo(m): 5:55am On Mar 12, 2016
hammariise:
Where are the wailers?
Buhari is not a magician

But Buhari deceived the masses.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 12, 2016
247notire:
I love you baby.
love love
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by ORIGENAL(m): 6:32am On Mar 12, 2016
donbenedict:
But a government can spoil Nigeria in just a minute...
I wish you can tell them more of dis. APC Zombies
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by Ghost447(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2016
hakeem4:
PDP started ruling Nigeria from 1999 -2015 what about those who ruled Nigeria from 1st October 1960 to May 28th 1999? Most Nigerians possess absolutely ridiculous short and shallow memory.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by LOVEGINO(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2016
Opinedecandid:
APC said they could.

We are waiting for them to do just that.
u go wait tire wink
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by idhigbe(m): 8:11am On Mar 12, 2016
its been long i posted on Nairaland but this is just irresistible. I get irritated when i hear people blame buhari for every thing and keep praising GEJ. What did Jonathan do? Government is about foresight. yes GMB might not be able to fix this nation in four years, but he can start a process that other future government will build on and perhaps in the next 15 - 20 years we have a viable economy. We always believe government is about now, so when a government comes in and empties foreign reserve to pay fuel importers and fill the pocket of polity members and cabinet members, we herald them as the best but in actual fact they created the problem the present administration is now facing. Now we would had needed the foreign reserve the most, income is low but no. They eat all they made during their four years tenor, eat all the OBJ managed to leave behind during his eight years rule and so that they can make caricature of the APC.

I am not affiliated to any political party, but when men who were voted for the lead us will do such selfish deeds just so as to prove a point that one political party is better off than the other, i begin to question their intentions of coming to government in the first place.

If the only thing GMB succeeds in doing is to win the fight against corruption and insurgency be it from the north, south, south south or any other group who have no future ambition but the destruction of lives and properties, it is commendable.

The thing is change comes with a price. There is no way the economy will just start climbing upwards without some downward turn. I am a fan of the portion of the bible that says that for a seed to grow upwards, its must first die in the ground. The present situation is hitting on everyone, but i believe there is going to be good at the end of the day. What ever policies is made, it is intended for the betterment of the nation.

I am particularly sick of people who use abusive language on my president, if you can't respect him because he is the head of Government of your country because you don't have regard for the country itself, then atleast for the fact that he is old enough to be your grand father.

We voted him, let him work. if he is not good enough, we will vote him out in the end. But bear the fact in mind that no human government can repair Nigeria in four years not to talk of one. And for the the nation to actually make any meaningful progress, some level of austerity measures will need be applied and this will bring hardship to the people.

Ministers were sown in because Mr. President cannot handle everything himself, no man can. some ministers just need to recheck their stractegies. for instance, fashola and the issue of power. atleast his own is inexcusable, he needs to understand that a federal portfolio is not Lagos, its not about revenue generation but about rendering services.

The issue of fuel scarcity? As long as there is a cabal of fuel importers who have taken captive the government of the FRN, will be have scarcity. even the government is taken captive by this cabal. But i have strong believe that GMB will come to this in good time. They will defintely make a government that fails to agree with them look bad.

If you think governance is easy, then get in the row. Its like watching a game, draft, chess and so on. when you are a spectator, you think you see all the moves, but the one on the board has to plan the entire board, you are only looking at a part. When he makes some sacrifices, you think it was a foolish move until you see what he was aiming at achieving the whole time. Sometimes stractegies fail, even in the US. That is why we have a voting system every four years. The only thing you can do is to help the country by helping the government if all you can do is pray, then do. And please know this that as long as you keep using abusive language on the government of your country, you will always be without honor anywhere you are. it is the law of life.

Voice out your grievances, but you need not be abusive. For instance i detest the fact that nepa sorry PHCN or is it eko distribution is defrauding Nigerians and personally i believe if the government can allow this, then it should legalize the young men trying to make money though 419 for there is no difference. But that does not give me any right to now use abusive language on the person in charge, i am not seeing what he is seeing. It is his hair that is turning white not mine, so there must be something he is facing. But if there is a way we can make sure he hears us, it will be a good thing.
Re: Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan by ojoyebola1: 8:15am On Mar 12, 2016
mightyokwy:
In fact Nigeria case has gone worst, it will take eternity to fix this country.
we just have to believe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Aides In London Paid $1000 Nightly Estacodes @ Sahararepoters. / Shehu Sani Loses Polling Unit By Wide Margin / Festus Keyamo Loses Polling Unit To Peter Obi (Video/Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.