Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers (23594 Views)

Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / Ambode Spent N3.2bn On Cancelled Buhari’s Visit–pdp / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Standing5(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2016
Naij.com now under the nation media?
peacengine:
"The Nation" owned by Tinubu?

Another media propaganda grin
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
We are talking of an accused confessing to diverting Billions of naira meant for protecting our soldiers and you are posting Propaganda derived from someone's Facebook page.

Why are APC and Buhari supporters such chronic LIARS?
Why
Since when did Herald newspapers turn to Facebook page?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2016
a thief is also a liar, even if he is telling the truth, I don't see how this concerns Jonathan.. all he made was verbal proposal to Dasuki.
texazzpete:

Please, don't be daft. This statement was NOT made by EFCC, but was a confession to the courts from one of the accused.

He has been asked to account for how the NSA paid him 2.2bn naira without a legal contract and this is his defence/explanation. Which other side is there to hear from? The EFCC?

Show a verified source for your travel expenditure claims. Besides, that has nothing to do with this case. Buhari's travels are documented and budgeted for as part of his job. No comparison.

So far, you're doing great a poor job at defending corruption

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:29am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

Perhaps you have forgotten, so let me remind you =>

So that is your reason why The Federal government could not save its own share. Let me remind you.

For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.

“My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Achorise: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2016
Are people blind, Jonathan was never accused or mentioned in this thread, he was a gentle man, thinking that those around him had the same mindset, never knew they were criminals.

It was the northern politicians under Jonathan, that spear headed the DASUKIgate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
What you posted, is that not a joke?

We are talking of a thief confessing and you are posting jokes.

Why are you trying so hard to defend the corruption of our president, the incorruptible incorrigible man of integrity
Joke ko, Joke name ni!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3298227_loot_jpegf6abf98a2d04b0654e572525298ed371
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Standing5(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

Perhaps you have forgotten, so let me remind you =>

Pathetic. How does FG sharing allocation affects the fact that a thief confessed in the court under no duress whatsoever? Your pattern of argument reminds one of Beaf.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

Why are APC and Buhari supporters such chronic LIARS?
Why
Since when did Herald newspapers turn to Facebook page?

I guess you did not read the article I quoted to reply. The quote was taking from a Facebook page. That does not fly as evidence and that does not change what this article is about.

I am not an APC supporter. If Amaechi made the confession of the man in the OP's article, then I want his neck wrapped with a rope and hung.

So attacking APC is myopic and corrupt.

This is about our young soldiers who died defending us but the government failed to defend them.

Quit Partisan reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2016
Achorise:
Are people blind, Jonathan was never accused or mentioned in this thread, he was a gentle man, thinking that those around him had the same mindset, never knew they were criminals.

It was the northern politicians under Jonathan, that spear headed the DASUKIgate.

.......of which our Chief Crook who knows how to chop & clean mouth shared in the yams.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2016
Standing5:
Pathetic. How does FG sharing allocation affects the fact that a theif confessed in the court under no duress whatsoever? Your pattern of argument reminds one of Beaf.

It is so ridiculous.

For instance, a thief confesses he stole from a man's store, then someone comes and says a man accused another man of stealing.

I do not get the relation. How did this man get a property what over two billion naira if not from diverting funds meant for our soldiers.

For what reason would Dazuki release Billions of naira meant for our Soldiers to his friend without a contract.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2016
Standing5:
Pathetic. How does FG sharing allocation affects the fact that a theif confessed in the court under no duress whatsoever? Your pattern of argument reminds one of Beaf.

You should ask the poster that I responded to.
Thanks.

TheGoodJoe:
This was the reason why during an Oil boom, we saved nothing and you want President Buhari to cushion the effect of the Crude Oil price drop with Chewing Stick.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I do not get the relation. How did this man get a property what over two billion naira if not from diverting funds meant for our soldiers.

I guess you are also saying that Buhari diverted money meant for soldiers in order to build his mansions spread across the country with land properties that he does not even know the address! shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks.

You should answer talking about NOi's myopic excuse. A thief confessed that he siphoned Billions of naira without a contract. I said this is the reason we could not save. People carted away money we should save for no reason and then you are talking NOI shared money to Governors for some months.

This confession gives an insight to the massive wreckage that happened under GEJ. So all those Propaganda talk and pics is just Partisan jokes.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.

“My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-economy-says-administration-worst-ever.html[/b]

You surely can do better than quote Soludo who wrote to support Buhari's candidacy in the March 28 elections.
Share credible links for the figures he referred to and we can discuss. Okay
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by eagleeye2: 11:45am On Mar 11, 2016
If Buhari is truely our MESSIAH, why not arrest Jonathan and have him prosecuted. Why all these media noise if he doesn't have the Will Power to jail Jonathan, LET HIM AND HIS MEDIA KEEP SHUT.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

I guess you are also saying that Buhari diverted money meant for soldiers in order to build his mansions spread across the country with land properties that he does not even know the address! shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

Keep those Propaganda pics. It does not change the fact that Billions of naira meant to protect our youths went to a friend of Dazuki without a contract with the government.

Stop trying to throw people off the topic. Diversionary tactics.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Monjie(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2016
This is confession is bullshit. Undocumented! For prayers!My major concern is why the NSA be assigned so much money. The corruption in Nigeria is a virus, and it is a systemic virus that needs a systemic approach.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

You surely can do better than quote Soludo who wrote to support Buhari's candidacy in the March 28 elections.
Share credible links for the figures he referred to and we can discuss. Okay

Ridiculous joke. You are seeing facts and you are talking another thing. Wastage like the one posted by the OP destroyed us from saving the largest oil boom in the countries history.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by yaki84: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2016
Okimski:
Fresh revelations emanating from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have it that ex-president Goodluck Jonathan spent about N2.2billion on prayers to fight Boko Haram.
The Nation gathered from an executive director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Aminu Baba-Kusa, that the money was spent on prayers in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia to win the war against insurgency in the country.
This latest development is not part of the $2.1billion arms fund for which former National Security Adviser (NSA) Colonel Sambo Dasuki is being tried.
The monies for the prayer, it was gathered, was disbursed through the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), as proposed by Baba-Kusa.
Making this revelation was Baba-Kusa himself, in a statement of witness filed in the high court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), where he, Dasuki and three others(Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited (owned by Baba-Kusa) and a former director of finance in ONSA, Shuaibu Salisu) are facing trials.
The NNPC director confessed that the money was spent on prayers to hasten the defeat of the insurgents, and that it was released in two tranches of N1,450,000,000 and N750,000,000, adding that the proposal was verbal.
“I approached the former NSA and discussed Boko Haram problems and I suggested there is need for prayers and he considered and accepted in 2013 when he first came to office.
“I personally sponsored many people locally and some few to Saudi Arabia. Some monies were later paid into our companies, which we paid to some of the mallams.
“I then arranged to recover my personal expense which I put into our own businesses.
“We have been spending a lot from our businesses and personal accounts. Money paid through UBA, First Bank and ECOBANK. For Acacia Holdings Limited(A/C 1017330319-UBA); ECOBANK(0122012650); and First Bank(Reliance Referral Hospitals Limited A/C 2022394057). The total amount is N2,200,000,000 from October 2014 to April 2015,” Baba-Kusa confessed.
According to him, he may not be an expert,
“but I used some of the mallams to organise in Abuja, Zaria, Kano, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Kaduna and Saudi Arabia covering 2013 to 2015.
“I give them funds as required from time to time, ranging from N500,000 to N30million, depending on their needs, traveling, sadaqat and others for local expenses and travels to Saudi Arabia for Umrah and Hajj.
“I reminded the NSA many times before payments were made. We grew up together with the former NSA with common friends in ABU.
“Most of the payments in cash were meant to give out cash to people that have been organising prayers. Some transfers to Acacia to other banks were for logistics and also to some mallams in cash.”
On how the prayer contract was arrived at, the suspect said: “The proposal made to the former NSA was not documented by him or myself. The verbal proposal to him was for prayers to overcome Boko Haram within the shortest possible time.
“The engagement for prayers by organising some people to be praying was not formally written down.
“There was no amount of money agreed on. I said to him, I will start organising, which he agreed and said he will see what he would give at a later time.”
Baba-Kusa, who noted that he spent an estimate of over N700million from his own resources before asking for money from the ONSA, noted further that “some of these funds came from disposal of some of my land in Abuja. One in Maitama, one in Gudu and one in Guzape. The Maitama was a little over N200million; Guzape (N80m), Gudu(N18m).”
He added that he kept no records of the money he handed over to the various people they used, but assured the EFCC that he would refund the said cash if he is able to dispose off his landed properties.
“I am making efforts to dispose of my properties in Abuja which would be over the total amount of N2.2billion. If the sales go through and the amount from the sales is made in full, I will make full payment.” he was quoted to have said.
The 19 charges against the five suspects read that, Baba-Kusa, Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited are alleged to have “between October 2014 and April 2015 in Abuja agreed to do an illegal act to wit: dishonestly receiving property to wit: an aggregate sum of N2,200,000,000 being part of the funds in the accounts of the Office of National Security Adviser and that the same act was fine in pursuance of the agreement among you and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 97 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.”

https://www.naij.com/760177-revealed-ex-president-jonathan-spent-n2-2bn-prayers-fight-boko-haram.html

am still trying to see where gej gave approval for thè 2.2billìon naira prayer warrior fightagainst boko haram.
òp abeg aalert me when u give details how gej used 2.2billion to fight boko boys with prayers
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Standing5(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks.

He said we saved nothing under a thread of a thief confessing freely about how money GEJ told us would be saved was shared, had he done that in a thread debating what was shared it would av been a different case. The fact that billions was being channelled into phony prayers justifies any request by opposition governors to have the monies shared. Stop spinning argument that's beyond your intellectual weight bros.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by dvee2: 11:56am On Mar 11, 2016
If you are looking for the reason why things are hard now, don't look further than 15 years of PDP recklessness. yet some people want Buhari to do magic in less than a year. God is watching you.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by AZeD1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
Standing5:
To remember Beaf means you are an old timer.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by don4real18(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Is it CAN that misled him or they were part of the looting too
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by ceejay80s(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
Do we need money to pray to God before He listens?
Hell fire must expand, more people dey go there

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by 989900: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
NextGovernor:
[s]Another lies to distract there followers

I am so tired of this government. Everything isn't working and worst of all the benefit of fuel availability we use to enjoy during the last administration has also gone bad.

For 8 months now, fuel aren't stable and the President double as minister of petroleum isn't doing any shit about it.

Does Buhari really care about the masses?[/s]
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by 989900: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Kondomatic:
[s]Hear from the other side before jumping to conclusion. GEJ raped our economy from the back but EFCC shouldn't be trusted 100%, they might come out later to deny or withdraw the statement/charges.

BTW, Isn't 2.2billion the exact amount Buhari spent US trip? @ least GEJ spent his own(if true) to pray for Nigeriagringringrin but Buhari's own is for what?

You met the treasury virtually empty and the first thing you did was to blow 2.2 billion on a foreign trip.

These old men don't care about us so Bleep them.[/s]
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by SHAIBULIAR: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No wonder he won the clueless man of the year award

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Eluwilussit(m): 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
texazzpete:
Kai!

Before anyone foolish comes to make noise about 'media propaganda' or 'media trial', know that this is a court room confession, backed by evidence, of this man receiving 2.2bn naira from Dasuki without a contract or any documentation, supposedly for 'special prayers'

2.2 billion naira. Let that sink in. Money the NSA could have used to buy weapons and equipment for our soldiers.

Smh.

As a Christian, his weapon of warfare na prayer na. grin

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by anonimi: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
dvee2:
If you are looking for the reason why things are hard now, don't look further than 15 years of PDP recklessness. yet some people want Buhari to do magic in less than a year. God is watching you.

Yes he should do the magic that he PROMISED with these former PDP people who know how to run government hence he invited them to join him, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2236329_fbimg1426964019374_jpegf0426a8233bbbeb8b2d08838e693f36e

egift:

I applaud the wisdom in pairing Buhari and Osinbajo.

One General. One Professor. One Nigeria.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by excel101(m): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Barrysleek:
This is a court confession not from Efcc he has even promise to refund the money from his landed properties in Abuja and some Ineffectual buffoon loyalists are calling this media propaganda. This is why we are where we are because we don't condemn corruption everything is about ethnicity and religion. The greatest beneficiaries of the Ineffectual Buffon are from the north and some blind southerners and defending the Ineffectual buffoon when they never benefited from his incompetence.
Long live PMB
Long live Nigeria
He be like say u lie pass Lie Lie Muhammed o. Do u know what? Your mouth stinks cos its infected with lies. Please next time, b4 u comment on issues like dis, brush very well. Liars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How: How Oshiomhole Caused Me Pain & Evil Against Me / Saviour Imukudo: Judge Orders Arrest Of Premium Times’ Reporter Inside Courtroom / WTO Leadership Race Hits New Hurdle As Geneva Lockdown Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.