Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Ten Best Search Engines In The World - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ten Best Search Engines In The World (1986 Views)

Google Best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Practices / GET Traffic For Free Organic Search Results On Search Engines / SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Best Search Engines In The World by Betboss(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2016
With Google still standing tall as the big uncle in the search engine market, lots of internet users still know little or nothing about other good search engines. Just like in a normal life business, oppositions are always good in other to checkmate excesses of so called big guns in any industry. Sincerely and realistically too, no other good search engine seems to be giving Google that run for their money, but one can't take it away from Google as Google is constantly on the next big invention to continue to dominate the search engine market. Guess Google knows the risk of bleeping in the game.

According to a report by Statista Google enjoys 67.7% global market share in the search engine industry. That's massive, following up on Google is Microsoft's Bing, which is not doing too bad at 15%.Later on in this post you will get to find out other search engines and their relative global market share.

In this post I want to bring to your notice ten of the best search engine around the world in other to give you more option to choose from in your next search query. Yeah, lots of search query are carried on daily on the internet. Statistics has it that 61.5% of traffic to different respective websites comes from search engine. That's how much internet users make use of search engines. I for one visit most websites through search engines.One thing you should know is that every search engine has its own native algorithm it uses to get search results to your query.

Google

Alexa Rank:1

Global Market share:67%

Google as of February 2016 remains the most popular search engine in the world, with over 3 billion search queries handled daily on the platform. Google started in 1997 and have continued to improve to give it's user's the best experience. Though there have been allegations of bias in the search result that results from search queries to favour more US based sites and it's own products , rather than give user's the best result. Also on the negative side of Google is the privacy issue thing.Some of this issues have been resolved with successive updates on Google. With that said Google is still a good search engine to use to get the best information in the world wide web and enjoys about 66% of the search engine market share.

Microsoft Bing

Alexa Rank:5

Global Market share:15%

The second search engine on my list and the second most popular search engine in the world is Microsoft's Bing. Yeah I know how much you love the background image on the Bing website. Formally called live search, Bing was officially lunched in June 1st 2009, since then the search engine have grown to be the second most popular search engine network in the world. Bing as of February 2016 controls about 15% of the search engine market share.

Yahoo search

Alexa Rank:3

Global market share:7.1%

Yahoo search is the third best search engine on my list, Yahoo search was lunched as far back as 1995 and have depended on a number of tech platform or the other to power its search engine platform. Yahoo search engine still control a favourable search engine market share of about 7%. From 2009 till present, Yahoo search is powered by the Microsoft's Bing and to some extent correlates with the search results you get on Bing. Yahoo search remains one of the best search engines for a more robust internet search.

Ask

Alexa Rank:51

Global market share:Less than 1%

For 19 years Ask.com has remained one of the best question and answer site and by extension a web search engine. Originally known as Ask Jeeves, this search engine is one of the best search engines for your regular questions.This is a better search engine for students. I think you should try it out.

AOL

Alexa Rank:151

The AOL, pronounced as America online and abbreviated as AOL, is one of the best search engines in the world. AOL didn't start originally as a search engine, but evolved from a dial up network to a search engine network and other tech related services in it's coffers. AOL gives good user's experience, its a good search engine. You should try it out.

DuckDuck Go

Alexa Rank:696

DuckDuckGo is one the most popular search engines in the world that have continued to emphasize on the importance of user's privacy. This is the search engine that doesn't track you or your activities on the internet, the search engine shows the same result to user's on a particular search term from the best sources and not from the most popular sources. I think this search engine stands virtually for everything opposite to Google which makes it an interesting search engine you should try out.

Internet Archive

Alexa Rank:262

Global market share:Less than 0.5%

Internet Archive is a digital library which houses billions of information on the internet. This not basically a search engine, at least that was not the idea at inception 20 years ago, but this digital library has archived lots and lots of information which makes it a good option to some of the most popular search engines in the world. If you want to look up history of any website, it is easy with internet archive. Moreover internet archive is also the best platform to find any kind of information you want for academic and other regular life activities.

Yandex

Alexa Rank:

Global market share:4.5%

Yandex is a Russian owned search engine which ranks as the most popular search engine in Russia and one the most popular search engines in the world. The search engines slogan says "everything will be found" and unlike Google there are no censored words, it provides result for everything both explicit and implicit. This one search engine that has given Google a run for its money in its country base. I think you should try it out.

Dog Pile

Alexa Rank:6125

I have used Dogpile severally and it's one search engine I like. The search engine started out in 1995 and has become one of the most popular and best search engine in the world. Dogpile is a metasearch kind of search engine. A metasearch engine is a type of search engine that aggregates data from other search engine, it formats the data gathered before presenting the result to the user. A metasearch engine is more better way to get the best information because a single search engine cannot completely crawl the web since the world wide web is continually evolving.

Alhea

Alexa Rank:2455

Alhea is another popular search engine that you should consider as an alternative to Google. The technology behind Alhea is built in such a way as to show only the most relevant results to your query. Alhea uses a metasearch kind of search engine to show results to queries. That means when a query is searched it aggregates data from some of the most popular search engines, the data is formated before it presents the final result to the user.

Guess you have found some other Google alternatives you should be using for your regular search queries.

Source: http://herokeys.com/article/10-best-search-engines-2016-choose-your-primary-search-engine/

2 Likes

Re: Ten Best Search Engines In The World by DamiAbandry: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2017
Hi, i really enjoyed your article on the best ten best search engines, well done. I also came across an article on what do to prevent google from banning you on search engines, i think it's a valuable share, check it out; https://wsiaxon.com/search-engine-nigeria-businesses-can-outrank-competition/
Re: Ten Best Search Engines In The World by tck2000(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Site / Want To Exchange Traffic With Ourschool.com.ng ? Drop Your Site URL / How I Made $548.35 In 7 Days With CPA Affiliate Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.