Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail (75069 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by 4nobody4every1: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
blackprowler:
If I be that Ibinabo, I for don dey do time jejeli since. Instead she wastes all these years trying to use her "levels" to quash the consequence of her crimes. Some people believe they're above the laws of the land in this country. Most Nigerians can not survive if this country started to do the right thing which will make us progress. We are inclined to doing things wrong. They will waste some more time to go to the Supreme Court and the same verdict will be returned. Nigerians are the problem with this country. I'm happy the Lagos AG stood up for justice or else she had quickly paid 100k for a human life
.True that sad angry
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by hardbody: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
mukhcech:

She was Drunk. I am making this short in assumption that you were not aware of this fact. I dont know why Alcohol cant be banned. mtchew

Ban alcohol? It is scientifically confirmed that your body system needs a certain level of alcohol in your blood stream. Do you outlaw food because it constipates some people? That's like using a mallet to kill a fly

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by mukhcech(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
klax:
Very unfortunate I really felt for her a lot but the sentence could have be reduced little to maybe 2 and half years full term I did not say this because she is a celebrity not at all as a matter of fact I don't even know her but the accident might not be her total fault or possibly some wrong signal or red light bleep up somewhere I guess.

Sorry lady really sorry I can understand how you felt. In Nigeria I trusted no judgement as such simply because horrible things are happening behind the curtain as I always said if you don't belong to the *clan* or refused anything from the *clan* you may be in soup for a minor offense my word may sound funny but that is where I belong I knew how the game is being played all the time day and night 365 days a year.

Don't know what to say in as much I don't support recklessness driving and killing but this lady might be a victim I bet it.

She was drunk. I have been following the story since inception. If u still maintain this point of view after knowing this shameful fact, it shows how sane you are.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2016
Waiting for the efcc to pick her up
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by dyn1800: 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thought it was a nollywood things
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by justscorch: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dem tittties tho
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by stevecantrell: 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
11 years...she's suffered enough.

I would recommend life time driving ban and 5 year house arrest and a Lump sum payment to the victims family.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
This is heart breaking, and if i may ask, how was it ascertained that the cause of the death was due to reckless driving and if there was really any reckless driving at all?
just confused!

May such occurences never come c'ose to u. She hit a human beong and he died, someones father, son, husband. Whether rexkless or not the law would punish such except it was in self defence.... Heartbreaking she is popular, if she wasnt she could be sentenced to life....

4 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Such a pity
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ghen,! Ghen! Dem go mend that beauty commot for her face when she reach prison...........EMEKA IKE will be Laughing and rolling on the floor by now... Can still remember the AGN presidency pandemonium between her, Emeka ike and segun arinze. Well, I guess she'll guide the AGN from KIRIKIRI....
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by mukhcech(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
hardbody:

Ban alcohol? It is scientifically confirmed that your body system needs a certain level of alcohol in your blood stream. Do you outlaw food because it constipates some people? That's like using a mallet to kill a fly

English. Okay in layman's language Intoxicant that causes intoxication(Noun. meaning-The physiological state produced by a poison or other toxic substance)

I know people like you full here for nairaland.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by slightlyMad(f): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
This is heart breaking, and if i may ask, how was it ascertained that the cause of the death was due to reckless driving and if there was really any reckless driving at all?
just confused!

when Ibinabo decides to drink, she drinks to a state where she starts misbehaving.
she was drunk when she drove that vehicle.

she was lucky she was not lynched right there
and come to think of the Dr, who spent his time studying and got killed while walking home jejely
she sentenced the man to a lifetime jail

and she does not even want to serve common 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by hardbody: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
mukhcech:

English. Okay in layman's language Intoxicant that causes intoxication(Noun. meaning-The physiological state produced by a poison or other toxic substance)

I know people like you full here for nairaland.

Alcohol like regular medications are all poisonous only when taken in excess. This should be simple enough to comprehend. I have reduced it to the level of kindagarten English.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by blezynetym(f): 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Eyaaaaaaa, so sorry.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
just confused!

This is how it happened.
On February 26, while driving a Lexus Jeep along the Lekki-Ajah Expressway, Ibinabo was involved in a fatal accident that allegedly resulted in the death of one Dr. Suraj Alade Giwa, Head of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).

The Jeep with registration number DW 600 APP belonging to musician-turned businessman, Daniel Wilson had allegedly veered off the road, scaled the culvert and rammed into Dr. Giwa's Honda Accord car with registration number BX 533 APP, killing him instantly. Giwa's U.S-based younger brother, who rode with him on the fateful night, was also injured.

She will have her day in court at the Supreme Court, she has to prove that she was not negligent and that basically the accident was caused by factors beyond her control such as a burst tyre Because the other person is dead and it happened with a car under her control, the burden is not on the prosecution to prove anything other than the fact that her car hit someone who died. She on the other hand needs to prove that is was an unavoidable accident outside her control which in the absence of forensic science is difficult enough. A badly built road, burst tyre etc.

May justice be done.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by henryhemon(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
just confused!

You say that cuz your relative wasn't involved.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by isan(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
Until i see her in prison uniform I rest mah case .... Nigeria is like a football match she's unpredictable

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Remii(m): 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
campusflavour:
I feel for her, its just an accident, na why hit and run full everywhere
your comment is in the same tone with her attitude to the family of the deceased. That girl killed a medical doctor , a bread winner of a family, and never showed remorse other than "kini big deal" attitude, even if you hit a chicken you need to show feelings. Celebrity is not licence to kill.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nten: 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
you are undergoing a manslaughter trial and you are still displaying yourself to the public domain excessively, in saner climes you go underground temporarily. you caused this.#

3 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Niyinficient(m): 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
just confused!

Senseless, so senseless, very senseless, extremely senseless!

Receive sense!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Jennifer89(f): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
chia chia what a perri! i know all the egbons she visited told her 'Ibinabo! why the worry, calm down everything is under control don't you trust me again? i have the right buttons to press.

May be she'll be in the VIP cell in the prison hehehhehehe
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
just confused!
Go and say this in court na ....Oloshi !

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
The prison chairman go Zap am tire !
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by MrWhaley: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
How did this woman actually become a Beauty Queen?? What is fine about her??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by lakeside30: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
Good for her,this is actually the second time she will b killing people tru reckless driving,God punish the judge that impose fine of 100k,she need to go to jail

In justice i believe
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by wristbangle: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
back2sender:

She was drunk when she hit the doctor. At last thank God for this judgement, this was been swept under the carpet during GeJ times because naa her sister.
Good judgement let her go and keep getting drunk in kirikiri.

gringrin

Na true oo! GEJ go free her but if she be ordinary citizen, she go wrath 4 kirikiri
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by opribo(m): 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Haaaa, what about the new husband she acquired, see gobe o.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Basics007: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
I thought she has already done the jail term before
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by CONFU: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Jail her!!!!!!
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by eworm: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
God will see her through
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by JayDaddy: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
Its a shame! So because na Ibinabo now, the Doctor should die like a chicken? 100k my foot!

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by HenryOdeh2016(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
I'm utterly dismayed at this news. what's the proof that she was driving recklessly ? This is one of the very many reason why we have so many Hit & Run drivers. for God sake, it was an accident. Anyways, sorry for her. may the soul of the departed rest in Peace amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Exposes Cleavage In Cape Town, Fans Blast Her / Regina Daniels Angrily Pushes Her Staff Into A Swimming Over An Argument / Davido's Daughter With Tiwa Savage Son And The Okoye Kids At Her School Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.