Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

It Only Happens In Nigeria. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / It Only Happens In Nigeria. (528 Views)

Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo / What Happens When You Are Set Off To The Center Of The Earth (meet Arnold) / What Happens When You Search 56769777 On Google? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Only Happens In Nigeria. by Herbwise(m): 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
Two weeks ago, in Alagbado area of Lagos state Nigeria, a young man in his late 20's came back from his day's activity, and gave the sum of #500(five hundred Naira) to his neighbours. When asked why he is sharing money, he told them that he WON in a popular betting game.....Nairabet.

The Neighbours accepted the money and rejoiced with him. Two weeks later, Police Men arrested the young man who was said to have WON in Nairabet. The long and short story was that the young man didn't Win Nairabet, but STOLE and sold CABLE WIRE, belong to PHCN.

The Neighbours who shared from the money were also arrested, and asked to return not the #500 given to them each, RATHER they were forced to share the #20,000 that was stolen equally amongst them and return back.

Questions:
1) Were the neighbours guilty in anyway?....Note: the thief confessed to the police that he lied to his neighbours as per the real source of the money he dashed them.

2) Was it fair for the police to force the neighbours to Share the 20,000 stolen amongst them, even when the innocent neighbours only received #500 each?

comments please.
Mod kindly move to FB we need to get somethings right in this country.
Re: It Only Happens In Nigeria. by Mrjo(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dasuki in making
Re: It Only Happens In Nigeria. by utenwuson: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
they should get a lawyer
Re: It Only Happens In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
lol....
Re: It Only Happens In Nigeria. by osesology(m): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
For what! If I be one of those neighbours, dem no go receive a dime from me, not after he openly confessed that he lied to us. I mean, how the hell was I supposed to know that he stole the money!
Re: It Only Happens In Nigeria. by Herbwise(m): 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
osesology:
For what! If I be one of those neighbours, dem no go receive a dime from me, not after he openly confessed that he lied to us. I mean, how the hell was I supposed to know that he stole the money!

This was exactly what happened. We are in trouble in this country

(1) (Reply)

Army Finally Captures Alagarno ‘boko Haram Spiritual Base’ / If You See A Missing Bag Containing Five Million Naira ,what Will You Do?? / Today is 'April Fool' Have you been fooled before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.