Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) (1519 Views)

Ondo Speaker, Jumoke-Akindele And Deputy Impeached By 18 Lawmakers / Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers / Gov. Nyako Impeached By Adamawa Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) by Eug(m): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2006
Guys!

Please i and fellow Nigerians living in the uk would want to know why exactly Peter Obi was Impeached? What was the ground for his impeachment. It so sad tat the house of assembly can now get up early in the morning and decide they who to impeach even without a good reason
Re: Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2006
me i wonder why he was impeached

the members of the house who do they represent us or themsleves with their own selffish interest

we sure need answers
Re: Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) by otokx(m): 6:05am On Nov 07, 2006
He refused to play ball in general.

To the specifics as perceived by me.

He dared to think that his tenure will not end next year and even said he considered taking it to the law courts for interpretation; the PDP will not hear of that so he had to go after some more violence was unleashed on the state.
Re: Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) by lafile(m): 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2006
easy. to make way for andy uba to become anambra state governor
Re: Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) by felichris: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2006
In fact I weep for Anambra for its political instability since inception of democratic rule in Nigeria - 1998. How can three Governors emerge from one state within one term of governance? During these periods of legal and impeachment battles; I have no doubts that the attention of both the House of assembly and the executives of the state would be distracted from developing the state . The House should have allowed Mr Obi to complete his tenure. Nigerians should learn from  advanced democratic Nations like USA on how impeachment is done: not what one can just wake up and do.
Re: Why Was Peter Obi Impeached( By Concerned Nigerians Abroad) by omofineboy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2006
So that Peoples Democratic Problem may have its way, and also the almight emperor in OBJ wanted him out.

(1) (Reply)

Mass Purge Of Nigerian Generals / 48th Nigerian Independence / Rise And Fall Of The Most Wanted Bandit In The South East – Chuka Arum Ogbodo (n

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.