Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 (21651 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / What Are The Necessary Steps I Can Take To Be A Commercial Pilot? / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2016
funkyibodude:
wow really?? Thought some say it takes up to 10-15yrs

Nah!!! Like in south Africa where I trained, you should be done between 6months and 1 year
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sleetwreck(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2016
Nice one. I have a South African ATPL, you need any help, Holla at me. But OP, the pay use to be good not in naija, ask Arik pilots.

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.
please sir I'll greatly appreciate if I can also get a copy of your eBook jonathanjones398@gmail.com thanks in advance
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by funkyibodude(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2016
cessna150:

Nah!!! Like in south Africa where I trained, you should be done between 6months and 1 year
kk thanks again
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sleetwreck(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2016
I know over 200pilots with a 737 rating looking for a job for about 3 years. You wana fly? Get a Q400 type. You fly as soon as you arrive in naija
petengine:

nice one. where do u intend to do your type rating? if u ever hope to fly in Nigeria make such u type rate with Boeing not Airbus as Nigerian air carriers are mostly Boeing. and very importantly I'll advice you research the airline you'd like to work for to know the types of fleet they have. this will aid u on deciding which aircraft to type rate with.. other oversea airlines will mostly require you to type rate with Airbus A320

Good Luck and welcome to the sky...
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 11:10am On Apr 08, 2016
sleetwreck:
Nice one. I have a South African ATPL, you need any help, Holla at me. But OP, the pay use to be good not in naija, ask Arik pilots.

Nice job skipper!!! I just passed my first ATPL exam (ATG). Arik is only good to gather hours

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 11:11am On Apr 08, 2016
sleetwreck:
I know over 200pilots with a 737 rating looking for a job for about 3 years. You wana fly? Get a Q400 type. You fly as soon as you arrive in naija

That is loud affirmative! CAE 737 na pure water for naija. Like how much is the Dash 8 TR?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by stubbornman(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.
I'll need a copy
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

please sir.. I'd appreciate if you can also send it to my email emmanueleboh87@yahoo.com .... I have always wanted to be a pilot .. its been a childhood dream for me. Thank You very much
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2016
lonelydora:
You guys are not hearing about #buynaijatogrownaira? What happened to College of Aviation Technology, Zaria? Why go to South Africa?

Well, aviation industry is where I am planning to send my son when he grows up.

Op, oya barb me the hair you barb Albert at emekauzo74@gmail.com
College of aviation is a long story. They announced the sale of form 4 sp31 (standard pilot course 31) that was late 2013. People bought forms for 10k in spqce that late 2013 to 2015 august when 287 people wrote the exam and just 8 were picked. They needed more so the purchase of form was open again that was when i bought the form around september then i wrote the exam december 2015 d paper that the invigilator was holding had almost 100 plus names but only 61 of us wrote the exam. They asked us to wait for them to go and mark it. After an hour to 2 they came back and called 5 people out and said thats all. It was around february this year i saw notification that the school is resuming and the fee has been increased. I cant go to that kind of school to waste my time oo

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by mamajaz(f): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Please send to me too sadeseyi4eva@gmail.com or dasunshine4eva@gmail.com thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2016
naruto02:

College of aviation is a long story. They announced the sale of form 4 sp31 (standard pilot course 31) that was late 2013. People bought forms for 10k in spqce that late 2013 to 2015 august when 287 people wrote the exam and just 8 were picked. They needed more so the purchase of form was open again that was when i bought the form around september then i wrote the exam december 2015 d paper that the invigilator was holding had almost 100 plus names but only 61 of us wrote the exam. They asked us to wait for them to go and mark it. After an hour to 2 they came back and called 5 people out and said thats all. It was around february this year i saw notification that the school is resuming and the fee has been increased. I cant go to that kind of school to waste my time oo

You'd better try schools in south Africa or US
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 11:55am On Apr 08, 2016
In my admission letter in SA it says ill be spending 24 months for the whole thing from 0 to CPL how come some guys are saying 6 months +
Also please who knows how i can go about gathering flight hours after working as a flight instructor. To get FO at emirates you need 3000fh
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
cessna150:

You'd better try schools in south Africa or US
Please where did you do your training
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
naruto02:
In my admission letter in SA it says ill be spending 24 months for the whole thing from 0 to CPL how come some guys are saying 6 months +
Also please who knows how i can go about gathering flight hours after working as a flight instructor. To get FO at emirates you need 3000fh

2 years is too much haba. Between 6months and 1 year,u should be done. The PPL exams are easy but the CPL ones are voluminous but they are passable too. What is the name of your school? I trained in port Elizabeth
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Kennyslimsteve(m): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

kennyslimsteve@yahoomail.com please i would love to get it
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Horlartunes1@gmail.com that MA email pls send
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
cessna150:

2 years is too much haba. Between 6months and 1 year,u should be done. The PPL exams are easy but the CPL ones are voluminous but they are passable too. What is the name of your school? I trained in port Elizabeth
Im going to madiba bay school of flight in port elizabeth pls can i have your number
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by MCJONATHAN: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
Please help me too with the guide: morganjonathan80@yahoo.com. thanks.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Liljeez(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:
babsjay4real@gmail.com
pls,sorry im late.....i just saw it on fp today
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
To be honest ,all I can see here are loads of very very ignorant comments, not to sound rude or discouraging to aspiring pilots but truth be told you are about 5 years to late to be dreaming of becoming a pilot. Do your research pple! Cheers.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by eofafrica4lyf: 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
eofafrica4lyf@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Davidifeanyi: 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
[quote author=petengine post=43695509]We’re biased, but we really do love flying! That’s why we’re inviting YOU, one of the fearless few to join the industry. Here are a few reasons why you should become a commercial pilot:

AN ELITE CLUB: Be part of a select few who can operate aircraft worth millions of dollars and be responsible for the safety and well-being of hundreds of people.

PRESTIGIOUS: People look up to and respect airline pilots; it’s a career you and your family can be proud of.

GREAT PAY: Commercial pilot, especially captains earn above-average salaries and receive many fringe benefits.

HUGE DEMAND: The world needs half a million new pilots in the next two decades. Analysts believe that airlines, cargo and charter companies will continue to need thousands of pilots in the next 10 years. Retirements and new aircraft orders are fueling demand. Are you going to be one of them?

TRAVEL PERKS: How would you like to begin the day in one country and end it in another? You get paid to travel and a great seat up-front is always reserved for you! Again, Free travel for employees and their immediate families

ADRENALIN RUSH: Flying is an exhilarating experience, especially with you at the helm! It requires you to be at your best, every single flight.

NEVER BORING: There’s always something to do even in the most routine flight. “Stay ahead of the plane” is something your instructors will instill during training. Beats a desk job, right?

OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT: The more you fly, the more you qualify. Lots of room for improvement and promotions when you reach certain milestones.

SUPER CHALLENGING: This field is for people like you who crave challenges. There will be obstacles, set-backs, and failures. But it doesn’t matter because you LOVE it!

BECAUSE IT’S YOUR DREAM: Stop day dreaming and get to it!

see #11 here:http://www.ansacareers.com/become-commercial-pilot
Pls Sir, I'm also interested but have not been able to go about it due to lack of info.
davidezze26@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by General2COAS(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

engrproxy@gmail.com
would luv 2 get it if u dnt mnd. thnkz
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Jacksyn09(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Pls I'll be needing it too..... masterjay_jackson@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by SamOgasco(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Please send me the E-book for me to go through as well. Here is my email address to send it to: seemyfather@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sholasol: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Please send me a copy: sholasqz@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
naruto02:

Please where did you do your training

I trained at Madiba bay school of flight,south africa and you?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
naruto02:

Im going to madiba bay school of flight in port elizabeth pls can i have your number

Wow wow wow!!!! Send me message via whatsapp +27616911827
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Dreamflyin(m): 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
To everyone and anyone who wants to be a pilot, take this advice.
I'm a pilot, student pilot I would say. Flying is addictive. Flying is cool.

But it can't pay the bills.
Flight school is damn expensive. If you got nothing less than N20million (dollar is now N300+) forget about it for your own good. Flying on empty pockets will frustrate your life. I've been there and I've seen peeps that got stuck (lots of us still stuck back in SouthAfrica since 2012) cos no more money to fly after already spending millions of family and personal savings.

After the flying comes the job hunting. Are you not checking the papers? Hundreds of Type rated dudes (Nigerians) got no job and you wanna join the statistics?
Had I known, the money I spent on flying in SA would had gotten me a good Engineering degree in that same South Africa and a sound job also there. Then maybe I'll buy my own C150 someday.

Look twice and think twice before you leap, cos once you son enter, you don't enter, cos you already spent a big chunk in training for PPL.

From PPL to hour building to CPL, to another hour building and multi and type rating.
It never ends, and you keep spending to get that first job, and that is if you get it before all your money runs out.
Have a university degree before going off to train.

Lastly is the connection.
If you knows someone that knows someone that knows the Chief pilot of any company, you got a leg into the door.

Aviation is for the tough minded and stupid, cos now I can't imagine spending N15million to fly people around and get paid for the flying.
Igbo boys are making more with that at Alaba and Onitsha Main market.

It's a life mistake that'll haunt me forever.
Be forewarned.
Aviation used to be good when companies trains their own pilots, now its bonkers.
Good luck dreamers, for to dream, is to fly.
I'm DreamFlyin.

6 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by shirgles(m): 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Shegsoye@gmail.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by abdulrazat(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Good day sir. Can I also get the eBook? Buzymeka@yahoo.com, thanks.

Is there any age barrier?

petengine:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Pall Bearers: How ‘Fearless’ Men Are Making Brisk Business From The Dead / The Life Of A Millennial Looking To Retire At 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.