Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 (21663 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / What Are The Necessary Steps I Can Take To Be A Commercial Pilot? / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Dreamflyin(m): 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Rejoinder.
If you're rich enough, I'll advice you go for helicopters. They pay more and more job security than airplane.
The jobs are more than aeroplanes in Nigeria.
Though I must say, helicopter training is 3x aeroplane training and a bit harder, but more fun.

Also I've always wanted to give out my books, headset and equipment free of charge to anyone who really wants to fly. At least save you the cost of repeating exams.
DteamFlyin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.

ekehjoelc@yahoo.com

Pls help me realize my dreams il be waiting for your reply thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by nkenu(m): 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.
. Pls here is my email : godwin_nyiam@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by cessna150(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dreamflyin:
To everyone and anyone who wants to be a pilot, take this advice.
I'm a pilot, student pilot I would say. Flying is addictive. Flying is cool.

But it can't pay the bills.
Flight school is damn expensive. If you got nothing less than N20million (dollar is now N300+) forget about it for your own good. Flying on empty pockets will frustrate your life. I've been there and I've seen peeps that got stuck (lots of us still stuck back in SouthAfrica since 2012) cos no more money to fly after already spending millions of family and personal savings.

After the flying comes the job hunting. Are you not checking the papers? Hundreds of Type rated dudes (Nigerians) got no job and you wanna join the statistics?
Had I known, the money I spent on flying in SA would had gotten me a good Engineering degree in that same South Africa and a sound job also there. Then maybe I'll buy my own C150 someday.

Look twice and think twice before you leap, cos once you son enter, you don't enter, cos you already spent a big chunk in training for PPL.

From PPL to hour building to CPL, to another hour building and multi and type rating.
It never ends, and you keep spending to get that first job, and that is if you get it before all your money runs out.
Have a university degree before going off to train.

Lastly is the connection.
If you knows someone that knows someone that knows the Chief pilot of any company, you got a leg into the door.

Aviation is for the tough minded and stupid, cos now I can't imagine spending N15million to fly people around and get paid for the flying.
Igbo boys are making more with that at Alaba and Onitsha Main market.

It's a life mistake that'll haunt me forever.
Be forewarned.
Aviation used to be good when companies trains their own pilots, now its bonkers.
Good luck dreamers, for to dream, is to fly.
I'm DreamFlyin.

You are 100% right aviator! Aviation isnt meant for the poor neither is it meant for the feeble minded. Job hunting separate the boys from the men. The job is all about connection,I mean real connection.

Sky is still my office
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
South Africa or Florida is the best for this gig in my opinion,cheaper and better in those places.

Pilot was my first job preference,but too expensive over here €104k.you won't be allowed to fly here if you didn't study here or in the eu,however few went to S/a or Florida and then had a conversion.

Am still thinking of going to S/A for it.I probably will hop for helicopter.maybe some day.#itbetterbesoon.

Thanks op for waking up the sleeping dream in me.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by dapyd1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Good afternoon, I'm interested in becoming a commercial pilot too. I have a B. SC. In Estate Management and I'm 24 years old.
I need advice.
adeduroadedapo@gmail.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by CaptainRahl(m): 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dreamflyin:

Flight school is damn expensive. If you got nothing less than N20million (dollar is now N300+) forget about it for your own good. Flying on empty pockets will frustrate your life. I've been there and I've seen peeps that got stuck (lots of us still stuck back in SouthAfrica since 2012) cos no more money to fly after already spending millions of family and personal savings.

After the flying comes the job hunting. Are you not checking the papers? Hundreds of Type rated dudes (Nigerians) got no job and you wanna join the statistics?
Had I known, the money I spent on flying in SA would had gotten me a good Engineering degree in that same South Africa and a sound job also there. Then maybe I'll buy my own C150 someday.

Look twice and think twice before you leap, cos once you son enter, you don't enter, cos you already spent a big chunk in training for PPL.

From PPL to hour building to CPL, to another hour building and multi and type rating.
It never ends, and you keep spending to get that first job, and that is if you get it before all your money runs out.

If you knows someone that knows someone that knows the Chief pilot of any company, you got a leg into the door.

Aviation is for the tough minded and stupid, cos now I can't imagine spending N15million to fly people around and get paid for the flying.

Be forewarned.
Aviation used to be good when companies trains their own pilots, now its bonkers.
I'm DreamFlyin.

You are very correct pal!
Are back in nigeria or still in sa?

...I just sent u a PM. kindly reply
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by olukuboy: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
I tried to do piloting for 10 years but couldn't .I later became an aircraft maintenance engineer and I'm quite OK with this.We're next to pilots and earn well too.

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by waleylagboy: 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

waleylagboy@yahoo.com

pls send me the eBook the..
it was my child hood dreams but financial constraint cldnt allow me
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by lexyclasy: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

imosolus@yahoo.com thanks, plz full meaning of PEA and CAE
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Slapsticker: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

cc me likewise danoch2005@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sleetwreck(m): 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Holla me, I got tips for you. I nailed all at first attempt except. MET. EASA syllabus no be beans
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sleetwreck(m): 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
Bro that Q4 is hell o. I have ATR 42 and 72 with 737. The most expensive rating the mire chance of getting a Job. Did all my type in SA at Comair. Na dash 8 cost pass, about 30 something thousand Euros
cessna150:

That is loud affirmative! CAE 737 na pure water for naija. Like how much is the Dash 8 TR?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sleetwreck(m): 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Depends on your pace Sir. You can even finish before those that have PPL already. That was my story
naruto02:
In my admission letter in SA it says ill be spending 24 months for the whole thing from 0 to CPL how come some guys are saying 6 months +
Also please who knows how i can go about gathering flight hours after working as a flight instructor. To get FO at emirates you need 3000fh
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sleetwreck(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hang in there brother. About knowing someone? Kinda true. I knew no one, I am the first ever in my family that even entered a flight school but I'm flying now Bro. Hang in there
Dreamflyin:

Be forewarned.
I'm DreamFlyin.

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by strykr: 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
olukuboy:
I tried to do piloting for 10 years but couldn't .I later became an aircraft maintenance engineer and I'm quite OK with this.We're next to pilots and earn well too.

Please, I'm very interested in this career line. What are the requirements? What do I need to do to get into the industry?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by OfficialIYANU(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
naruto02:

I'm hoping to join Emirates but it depends how things go in future. I was going to keep tabs on emirate sending them email time to time to inform them on my progress and decision taking since I'm coming to look for a job with them so if they agree to give me tips and advice I'm sure everything will go smoothly. After the instructor course at PEA am expecting to get a job as a paid flight instructor but I'm not sure that'll happen because I didnt do ab-initio to cpl with them but I can get a job as a non paid flight instructor to gain flight hours. After that I want to do the ATPL and jet type rating I don't know which one comes first. Pls are u a pilot now? I need tips

If you're serious about your dream, here is a post I made here on Nairaland about how a Nigerian can become a Qatar Airways pilot. It's for real-

www.nairaland.com/2330282/qatar-wings-qatar-airways-pilot
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by OfficialIYANU(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dreamflyin:
Rejoinder.
If you're rich enough, I'll advice you go for helicopters. They pay more and more job security than airplane.
Though I must say, helicopter training is 3x aeroplane training and a bit harder, but more fun.

Also I've always wanted to give out my books, headset and equipment free of charge to anyone who really wants to fly. At least save you the cost of repeating exams.
DteamFlyin.

Bro, I just need your books. I'm going to flight school soon... EASA things. Abeg help a brother. God bless.

PS: I'll also appreciate your digits
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by OfficialIYANU(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
sleetwreck:
Holla me, I got tips for you. I nailed all at first attempt except. MET. EASA syllabus no be beans

Brother abeg send ur email. I'm entering EU 4 flight school soon.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by zylla(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Thnxxxx a million; it's sinmbo@gmail.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Humulity: 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
@petengine pls send me the info please buzonwa@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by judeede: 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pls kindly send me detals at judeede2002@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Jay20(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

gud day sir..plis can u also forward d ebook to my mail also..sleekyjones01@gmail.com..tnx alot
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by nonnyccinho: 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
kenneyyice:

kenneyyice@gmail.com
thanks a million
my is nnwokike@yahoo.com thanks for sharing this
Jay20:

gud day sir..plis can u also forward d ebook to my mail also..sleekyjones01@gmail.com..tnx alot
I will highly Appreciate if I receive a copy nnwokike@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by lordaustin(m): 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
olukuboy:

I sent you a PM, I really need your contact. Kindly respond. I have been trying to get into this career line to no avail. How dod you go about yours? would really like for you to be a mentor.

Thanks.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

Please send the eBook to me too: emmacas@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by naruto02(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
OfficialIYANU:

If you're serious about your dream, here is a post I made here on Nairaland about how a Nigerian can become a Qatar Airways pilot. It's for real-

www.nairaland.com/2330282/qatar-wings-qatar-airways-pilot
Thanks man
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dreamflyin:
Rejoinder.

DteamFlyin.
hadr@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:
We’re biased, but we really do love flying! That’s why we’re inviting YOU, one of the fearless few to join the industry. Here are a few reasons why you should become a commercial pilot:

AN ELITE CLUB: Be part of a select few who can operate aircraft worth millions of dollars and be responsible for the safety and well-being of hundreds of people.

PRESTIGIOUS: People look up to and respect airline pilots; it’s a career you and your family can be proud of.

GREAT PAY: Commercial pilot, especially captains earn above-average salaries and receive many fringe benefits.

HUGE DEMAND: The world needs half a million new pilots in the next two decades. Analysts believe that airlines, cargo and charter companies will continue to need thousands of pilots in the next 10 years. Retirements and new aircraft orders are fueling demand. Are you going to be one of them?

TRAVEL PERKS: How would you like to begin the day in one country and end it in another? You get paid to travel and a great seat up-front is always reserved for you! Again, Free travel for employees and their immediate families

ADRENALIN RUSH: Flying is an exhilarating experience, especially with you at the helm! It requires you to be at your best, every single flight.

NEVER BORING: There’s always something to do even in the most routine flight. “Stay ahead of the plane” is something your instructors will instill during training. Beats a desk job, right?

OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT: The more you fly, the more you qualify. Lots of room for improvement and promotions when you reach certain milestones.

SUPER CHALLENGING: This field is for people like you who crave challenges. There will be obstacles, set-backs, and failures. But it doesn’t matter because you LOVE it!

BECAUSE IT’S YOUR DREAM: Stop day dreaming and get to it!

see #11 here:http://www.ansacareers.com/become-commercial-pilot/
uncle abeg i need the eBook xstaincollection@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Jblessing(m): 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
petengine:

pls I want a copy @ ofagbohunka@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by salvation77177: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Please, send to me too. Mummygrace470@yahoo.com

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.[/quote]
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by livinstone8(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
hope aeroplane no de use fuel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pall Bearers: How ‘Fearless’ Men Are Making Brisk Business From The Dead / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job / He Keep To His Promise And Helped My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.