Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 (21664 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / What Are The Necessary Steps I Can Take To Be A Commercial Pilot? / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 3:49am On Apr 09, 2016
CaptainRahl:
...it's possible to enrol for an ATPL ground sch after completing a CPL ME/IR without necessarily attaining d 1500 hrs rule. however on passing, u will be issued a frozen ATPL pending when u fly for 1500 hrs.
Over & out!
Roger that
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 3:52am On Apr 09, 2016
funkyibodude:
Op how long does it take to get a full commercial pilot license.
12-13 months depending on weather and your budget. some flying schools is 9months
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 3:53am On Apr 09, 2016
Keneking:
But Jonathan sent some Niger Delta ex-Militants on training recently.

So there would be an over-supply of labour soon wink
about 200 of them. some are already flying for Airpeace here in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 4:00am On Apr 09, 2016
naruto02:

No. They said employers are not interested in hours of simulation they want the main thing. So they replaced simulation with more hours of flight
Yes! but that's where the training starts "Simulators". you first learn to fly with simulators before flying the real thing. let me shock you a little bit. do you know, some of the type rating trainings are done using simulators without flying the real thing? sometimes your type rating is done with passengers on board and they won't want to risk the lives of those passengers or the cost of getting you to fly a big plane for your type rating.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 5:00am On Apr 09, 2016
nerilove:
biko, I've interest too but you know many who desire to be pilots can't afford the training. How many Nigerians can pay $50,000 and more. Is anything like scholarship in this? Where are the cheapest schools? Pls wire me the ebook too: nerilove4all@yahoo.co.uk
hey nerilove, don't worry i'll show you some proven ways to become a pilot for free. i'm just kinda busy to write now.
till then
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 5:09am On Apr 09, 2016
Caseless:
wow! Is this possible?
very possible. i know pilots who bought their cessna planes at cheaper price then hire other pilots to train them
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Akhimien78(m): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.
no

You can follow PEA on fb just search on Phoenix east aviation...you can also message them via fb n get reply within 24hrs
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by nerilove(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2016
petengine:

hey nerilove, don't worry i'll show you some proven ways to become a pilot for free. i'm just kinda busy to write now.
till then
Be a pilot for free? How possible? Anyway I can't wait to know
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by xager(m): 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
petengine:

very possible. i know pilots who bought their cessna planes at cheaper price then hire other pilots to train them
God bless you for creating this thread sir. I've longed for something like this for quite a while. However I have a question. What if one fails the exams? Are there opportunities to rewrite or your money is gone? I'm also very much interested in the ebook. Thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by waywardpikin: 1:04am On Apr 10, 2016
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by flowjoe: 10:15am On Apr 10, 2016
petengine im a student pilot in NCAT,zaria. i have my PPL, currently on hour building would be graduating in about 2-3 months time,
what about u?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Teextoo(m): 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello Petengine, I really appreciate the time you are spending on this; God bless you.
I will like to get the ebook and also a guide on getting the free training. (maudik283@yahoo.com)
I will also like to ask if one has to be really good at maths to be a pilot?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by sakaba(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Am interested in ATC programme. But I I I discovered that individual can't apply in ncat, they only train controllers via nama. Pls which alternative schools offer training what is the likelihood of been engaged by Nama afterwards.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
flowjoe:
petengine im a student pilot in NCAT,zaria. i have my PPL, currently on hour building would be graduating in about 2-3 months time,
what about u?
I'm not a student pilot do you copy?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Teextoo:
Hello Petengine, I really appreciate the time you are spending on this; God bless you.
I will like to get the ebook and also a guide on getting the free training. (maudik283@yahoo.com)
I will also like to ask if one has to be really good at maths to be a pilot?
wilco
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by flowjoe: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2016
petengine:

I'm not a student pilot do you copy?
read u loud & clear
#morehourstourbelt grin cool
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by flowjoe: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2016
sakaba:
Am interested in ATC programme. But I I I discovered that individual can't apply in ncat, they only train controllers via nama. Pls which alternative schools offer training what is the likelihood of been engaged by Nama afterwards.
yeah that's true, NAMA sends dia candidate on demand to NCAT, even if u train urself outside d country, only NAMA employs the Labour. its a high tech thingy to get a job when u train urself, but its smooth sailing once nama trains u as a cadet
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by CaptainRahl(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
petengine:
wilco
lol @wilco reminds me of COMM
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
Many factors contribute to fresh Nigerian pilots being unemployed. Prominent among these factors is Experience (flying hours). The experience of a pilot is required before he can get a job. Many fresh Nigerian pilots only have 230 hours instead of between 500 and 700 flight hours required to fly certain categories of aircraft.

This Secret on how to fly for free is mostly applicable to fresh Nigerian pilots who do not have the additional money to build their hours.

Perhaps the greatest challenge to future professional pilots in Nigeria is overcoming the financial hurdle inherent in flight training. According to recent estimates, a private pilot’s license (Part 141) in 2016 will cost between ten to fourteen thousand dollars, with the commercial pilot certificate (Part 141) topping out at fifty to seventy thousand! The dirty little secret to these bloated numbers is the fact that much of that money is spent renting an airplane and “building hours” — something you could be doing for free!

Ways To Save Money and Fly for Free to Build Hours as FO

Offer yourself as a right-seater. You might be surprised at how many professional pilots are willing to help you build your time. By simply cooing over how cool it would be to fly a Arik Air or Aero, you might find yourself being invited to ride along and fly right seat. Ask if the captain is an instructor and don’t let him leave without signing your logbook! And remember to return the favor when you find yourself in the left seat.

Befriend local pilots. There is no shortage of opportunities in having a plethora of flying buddies. You could find yourself riding along in their plane and getting a little hands-on time which, if you’re appropriately rated, is loggable. Others own airplanes that simply aren’t flown enough. They may offer access to their airplanes to you, provided you always top the tanks or keep it clean.

Wash airplanes. Washing an airplane can be a chore, one that many people will gladly do without. By talking to local airplane owners, you may be able to arrange a deal where you can fly someone’s airplane in exchange for a thorough bug-scrub.

Hang out at the airport. Weird missions come up at FBO’s across the nation. If you have a good relationship with the FBO management you just might be asked to take the local trainer to some po-dunk airport to pick up a sack of machinery, free of charge. It’s happened to me many times.

Above all else, be friendly. There’s a real sense of karma in the aviation community, and opportunities always seem to come to those who deserve it most. Participate in local events and be courteous to everybody. If you make your ambitions known, somebody is bound to help you out along the way.

This is by no means a complete list of every way to save money on flight training and gain your wings. If you have any other suggestions, please leave a comment below for the benefit of future pilots.

2 Likes

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hahaha poster above me, is he from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 9:20am On Apr 12, 2016
MULLAH123:
Hahaha poster above me, is he from Nigeria
how's the situation like in Nigeria? cause these tips is working like hell in Europe. I fly for BA

Please share your positive suggestions, and comment for the benefit of future pilots.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Pdizzle(m): 8:57am On Apr 13, 2016
petengine:

how's the situation like in Nigeria? cause these tips is working like hell in Europe. I fly for BA

Please share your positive suggestions, and comment for the benefit of future pilots.

Please can i get the ebook?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by ewa20buredi100: 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
Please is it possible to still be a pilot if one joins the Nigeria Airforce?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Kanyekels(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
petengine:

The best school so far is CAE but very expensive. I recommend you go for PEA. my main reason is that; the employ their student pilots immediately after training as flight instructors. this is crucial as it will help u to build the necessary flying hours to land a flying job as a pilot. NB: while building additional hours as an instructor u also get paid at the same time. 99% of flying school pass out students after obtaining 250 hours meanwhile u need up to 500 hours to land a flying job and 1500 hours for major airlines. how then can u get the additional hours to enable you apply for jobs as a pilot? PEA answers this questions.

to answer other of ur questions u need to send me your email so I can send you a complete guide to becoming a commercial pilot. its eBook and completely free of charge.

Pls sir can you send me a copy to this email.... Thanks
Esiobuchukwunweike@yahoo.com.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by Kanyekels(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
petengine:

Please sir, send me a copy that to my email@ Esiobuchukwunweike@yahoo.com
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2016
petengine:

Pls how can I apply. I want to go for flight despatching.
Thanks
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by DuduParaPara: 12:19am On May 19, 2016
petengine:

Please kindly send me a copy of the guide. Send it to duduparapara@yahoo.com ... I want to be a pilot. I will be self sponsored.

What is the possibility of landing a job after training and getting all the necessary licenses?

I`ve gone through the PEA website.. Most of the pages say "page not found"

Does PEA also handle helicopter pilot training?
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 1:11am On May 20, 2016
DuduParaPara:

Please kindly send me a copy of the guide. Send it to duduparapara@yahoo.com ... I want to be a pilot. I will be self sponsored.

What is the possibility of landing a job after training and getting all the necessary licenses?

I have more and more request coming in for the guide via email. I think of sharing a link here where everyone can have access to. pls I apologised if I have delivered the eBook to u yet. hopefully the link will be available by next week. sorry for any inconveniences.

the eBook answers these questions of yours but I doubt if pea train on rotary wing. get back to u on this tomorrow.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by DuduParaPara: 6:04am On May 20, 2016
petengine:

I have more and more request coming in for the guide via email. I think of sharing a link here where everyone can have access to. pls I apologised if I have delivered the eBook to u yet. hopefully the link will be available by next week. sorry for any inconveniences.

the eBook answers these questions of yours but I doubt if pea train on rotary wing. get back to u on this tomorrow.

Thanks... I'll be waiting for your response
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2016
DuduParaPara:

Thanks... I'll be waiting for your response
PEA only train on fix wing.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by petengine(m): 8:43pm On May 20, 2016
DuduParaPara:

Opportunities for pilots jobs are opening up due to growth in world traffic, and the large number of pilot retirements over the next decade. Now is an excellent time to train for a pilot career. However, the possibility of landing a job after training and getting all the necessary licenses depends on your flight time (experience) and where you enroll for training. Biggest airline companies like BA, EasyJet, VA, AA, etc give high preference to pilots who trained in top aviation schools like CAE, CTC, FTEJerez etc. and these schools are damn expensive that's why you see these airlines offering cadet programs for aspiring pilots to be trained at these schools.

If you are considering a job offer in Nigeria, my best advice is this: when you are done with your CPL before going for your type rating, get to know which airline in Nigeria you'd like to fly for, network with their pilots, meet with their chief pilots to discus pilots opportunities they might have, know their type of fleet, this will enable you to decide on what type of aircraft to type rate with. Most Nigerian airlines uses B737-5. for instance, if you type rate on the type of craft used by Arik Air, it will be much easier to land a job with them after your training with all the necessary licenses you get.
Re: Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 by okikiosibodu(m): 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
petengine:

I'm also interested sir. Okikiosibodu2010@gmail.com. I also love to ask you some questions. Will get across to you when you send the ebook. Thanks for your anticipated outstanding response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pall Bearers: How ‘Fearless’ Men Are Making Brisk Business From The Dead / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job / He Keep To His Promise And Helped My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.