Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! (8344 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland / Lagos-To-Calabar Railway Line Approved By FG - Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by adultebony(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2006
Calabar - "The People's Paradise" - A Visit In January And Now I'm Hooked!

I came to Calabar in January 2006 on a Project, I was impressed to see that such a neat City exist in Nigeria, besides the lovely food that abound, the babes soo are beautiful and neat unlike my Divas in Lagos! I'm presently dating an Angel in Calabar and phew it's heaven on Earth. She's sooo good in everything (hope you brothers know what I mean). My problem now is that I no longer look forward to going back Lagos, my dear Lagos. I'm done with the Project but I can't just let go the bliss in Calabar. Guys what do I do?
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Hotstepper(f): 2:58am On Nov 07, 2006
nice to know, I will be in Naija in diz xmas and I wanna visit Calabar, I am wondering how much do u think hotel is for one night?
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by BlackMamba(m): 3:17am On Nov 07, 2006
Are you going for a one-night stand. grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by ima1(f): 5:53am On Nov 07, 2006
[Please] don't begin to use and dump our Calabar girls.

But hey, once you go to Calabar there is no turning back. <<language editing>>
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by tellmemore(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2006
Getting hooked with Calabar is a must if you visit. I was there some time ago too. It's really worth visiting especially with the neatness of the place. Enter the town at night, its lovely. I did not have the chance of rolling with the girls but they were cool.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by dre901(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2006
My guy enjoy urself for calabar.dat haven.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Godfathern(m): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2006
adultebony:

Calabar - "The People's Paradise" - A Visit In January And Now I'm Hooked!

I came to Calabar in January 2006 on a Project, I was impressed to see that such a neat City exist in Nigeria, besides the lovely food that abound, the babes soo are beautiful and neat unlike my Divas in Lagos! I'm presently dating an Angel in Calabar and phew it's heaven on Earth. She's sooo good in everything (hope you brothers know what I mean). My problem now is that I no longer look forward to going back Lagos, my dear Lagos. I'm done with the Project but I can't just let go the bliss in Calabar. Guys what do I do?

From January to now is about 11 months. You should by now have an apartment. If not, rent an apartment. Marry a calabar girl, leave in calabar and enjoy your life in calabar. After all what is life without enjoyment. for your info; am not from calabar, i was there when I was looking for admission in UniCal.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by bensimon(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2006
Adult Ebony, I am sure that you are not the only one who is hooked on the city. Incidentally, I studied in Calabar for 4 years and I make it a point that every year since I left Unical, I go to Calabar at least once. The food is good and its now a very neat city, especially since the arrival of Duke. I also agree with you about the babes. Wao! But then, there are beautiful and well endowed girls everywhere. I think what capticates one about Calabar is the relative peace in the city and its neatness compared to most other cities in 9aija. Go on, stay back, so long as you've got something doing. cheesy
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by adultebony(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2006
HotStepper, hotels in Calabar charge $35 to $178 per nite (+/-). But you might have to book ahead now if you are coming in December (hope it's not late) 'cos most hotels are fully booked throughout December now? The city is the bomb, I tell you
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2006
I never go calabar before the nearest i don reach there is Eket. I guess i'll have to go there next time i come to nigeria because i have heard so much about this place. tongue
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by mathways(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2006
Thats the city to visit whenever you fall in the very 9ja.I'm Ibibio and friends used to call me Calabarman those days in junior high.It used to piss me off then but I'm quite impressed with what you guys are saying about my roots.Calabar Rocks.How funny,I've never been there!!!
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Kajiang02(m): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2006
Calabar is d bomb
Do i realy have Crossriverians/nairalanders here
wtz up guyz/gals, ''''''''''''''''''''
Una too tite abeg, ''''''''''''''
thumbs up 4 d main man duke even if some of us know him fuckups bt we sha agree say d guy don try
hop 2 b in canaan dis Xmas holz, /
1 luv peeps
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by segedoo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2006
yeah calabar's really the bomb. it's been awarded the cleanest city in naija 4 over 12 years.

i served there in 2003 and i'll always go back there.

To all the Hot dudes out there, it shld be of note that HIV% was 12.5 when i was there. Could have gone higher or lower- who knows.

One of the reason cala is clean is the landmass-population ratio which is appropriate unlike Lagos though that does not in anyway undermine the fact that calabaris are clean folks sha.

My biggest fear is that all that may change when fortune-seekers start trooping in once Tinapa resort opens next march.
Anyway, let's hope for the best.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by gidig(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2006
Was IN Calabar a few weeks ago and even though it is my first time, I was in love with the place immediately.For someone who has lived all his life in Lagos and a schooled in Ife, Calabar is really cool.I am looking forward to spending Christmas -which is something I never do-there and the carnival and all.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nilla(f): 8:39pm On Nov 07, 2006
ok now i need to go to calabar. i havent been there in years.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by alexis(m): 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2006
me too, haven't been there at all but I learnt their women will treat you like a god grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by haywhy(m): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2006
I think that place is worth a visit if not more wink
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by BigShishi(m): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2006
I was with u till you put angel and calabar in same sentence, calabar gurls are wh*res  grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by BlackMamba(m): 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2006
Easy on this Calabar love. No be for Naija the place dey?
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by obong(m): 12:48am On Nov 08, 2006
I was with u till you put angel and calabar in same sentence, calabar girls are wh*res Grin

its said nigeria has little lessons in bigotry. you people need to stop being so filled with hate and contempt
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by katherinae(f): 1:00am On Nov 08, 2006
obong now as the feminist as i am, i frown embarassed on such language, but i dont know about hte calabar girsl in nigeria but the ones i have met here in the US, wow, no offense but they could make lilkim look like a virgin angel. but u know what more power to them, they are definately strong and independent chicks.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Ndipe(m): 1:37am On Nov 08, 2006
I am an Ibibio man, raised in Calabar. Lovely memories of my days in Calabar. Who grew up in Calabar? Let me know.

www.nigerianmemories..com
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by obong(m): 1:58am On Nov 08, 2006
obong now as the feminist as i am, i frown Embarrassed on such language, but i don't know about hte calabar girsl in nigeria but the ones i have met here in the US, wow, no offense but they could make lilkim look like a virgin angel. but u know what more power to them, they are definately strong and independent chicks.

you may be a feminist, but that doesnt mean you also cant be a bigot
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Ndipe(m): 2:17am On Nov 08, 2006
In today's modern age, it is pathetic to see some people subscribing to some unfounded and ignorant stereotypes about some locales in the country.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by yombaloggz(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2006
Bros U don hook (o ti ha).

Well sha, e dey happen.

So enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by candylips(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2006
bros wetin u dey do for north korea u sure say no be prison u dey for there grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nubian(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2006
calabar, !!!!!!!!!!!!

My job took me twice to calabar, first time i worked there for two years.Second time i worked there for 3 years.GUESS WHAT , AM YORUBA, i met and married my beloved wife there.She is EFIK (THE MAJOE CALABAR EHTNIC GROUP)

THE CITY IS PEACEFUL , CLEAN , CHEAP AND LOVELY, unusual for a Nigerian town.It is a play boys heaven - lovely girls , good at everything, i mean everything.Its also a place for the serious minded lover - Calabar girls love deeply , and will get serious with you if you are ready to be serious - very detribalised whan it comes to relationships.

Its serenity and peace is captivating , its social life is interesting but not as wild and expensive as Lagos.Its people still have an innocence and welcoming nature that is touching and disarming.

I FEAR, !!!, I FEAR, !!!, I FREAR - that the conversion of the area into an export processing zone and the TINAPA project will destroy its serenity and peace, turning it into an overcrowded , expensive, bustling and currupted city

I am proudly married to a Calabar lady, proud of my sons dual Nigerian heritage
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by nilla(f): 12:29am On Nov 09, 2006
happy for you nubian
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by haywhy(m): 12:32am On Nov 09, 2006
candylips:

bros wetin u dey do for north korea u sure say no be prison u dey for there grin
Roflmao Infact candy, ur not nice at aaaaall
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by yombaloggz(m): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2006
@ Candylips

Prison ke! God forbid. Whats wrong with staying in North Korea if I find it conducive? As a citizen of this world I can live in any country I desire.

Anyway thanks for that comment.
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2006
@imao1
abi ohh once you come there is no going back grin
Re: A Visit To Calabar, And Now I'm Hooked! by Bolarge(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2006
candylips:

ROFLMFAO!!
My guy U wicked O! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Belarusian Embassy In Nigeria / Street Photography Of Banjul, Gambia (All Photos) / Plz, Help Me Choose Among These Countries!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.