Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake (12795 Views)

How To Complete The Qur'an This Ramadan / A Beautiful Mosque In Turkey Designed Based On A Verse Of Qur'an / Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by HaykayIsOkay(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Its obvious that you don't know what you're doing and what you're saying. If you believe the Quran speaks more truth than the Bible, why are you a Christian. 100% of your statement reveal you're not a christain, rather a deceiver like your mentor which is Devil.
Legbo6:
CHECK EVEN PPL THAT ABUSE MUSLIMS ARE THOSE THAT DON'T EVEN ATTEND CHURCH, THEY DO GO TO CHURCH WHEN THEY FEELS LIKE OR WHEN THERE NEW FACES IN CHURCH, (GIRLS) I MEAN.
IN KADUNA WHERE WE WERE STAYING EARLY MORNING @ FIVE O'CLOCK 5:00AM THEY ARE IN THE MOSQUE EVEN WITH THEIR CHILDREN, 1:30PM, 3:30PM,6:45PM, AND AS WELL AS 7:45PM IN THE MOSQUE, WHAT ABT US, ARE WE DEVOTED AS THEY ARE?
THEIR BOOK KORAN IS SPEAKING NTN BT D TRUTH
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by HaykayIsOkay(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
I av been following this tread for a time now but I've been watching from the window but its high time I made some correction especially on this comment. first, Jesus said in JOHN 14 VS 26
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the
Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I
have said unto you" My questions is how did Mohammed that married Isha at the age of six and deceive his adopted son to married his wife Zainab becomes the holy spirit Jesus was referring to. Secondly The Bible version ( simplicity of vocabulary) so that a child will understand, someone with littke understanding of english will understand and so on but its all the same meaning. i will give different version read it and tell me the different in their meaning but before that our its written in Proverbs 2:10-11 "for wisdom will come into your heart, and
knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch
over you, understanding will guard you"quote author=Legbo6 post=44647396]WHY RE WE SO ALWAYS INTERESTING ON WHAT SPEAK MORE TRUTH THAN WHAT WE READ? FROM THE LOOK OF THINGS, THE BOOK CALL QUR'AN SPEAKS MORE CLEAR THAN THE HOLY BIBLE, TRAVEL ROUND THE WORLD, A VERSE IN QUR'AN IS EXPLAINED IN AFRICA, US, UK ASIA AS THE SAME EXPLANATION, AND HAS NEVER BEEN TEMPERED WITH ACCORDING 2 MUSLIMS, BUT BIBLE HAS MANY VERSIONS WHICH IS EXPLAINED IN MANY WAYS AND DIFFERENT EXPLANATIONS, IF YOU GET CLOSE TO MUSLIMS THEN YOU WILL KNOW THEY ARE SERVING TRUE GOD.
PLS GUYS READ YOUR BIBLE VERY WELL EVEN JESUS MADE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT SOMEONE'S COMING AFTER HE HAS GONE, CHRISTIANS PLS WHO IS THAT PERSON?
HAVE YOU CHECKED HOW YOU WORSHIP, ASK YOUR SELF DID JESUS WORSHIPPED YOUR WAY?
WE LIVE IN NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA AND I CAN SAY TO YOU WITHOUT FEARS OR FAVOUR THAT ALL THE RELIGIOUS CRISIS YOU SEE TODAY ALWAYS BEGINS BY WE CHRISTIANS, I'M VERY MUCH CLOSE TO THEM BUT ALL I SEE WITH THEM IS THEY DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO WEEKED THEIR BROTHERS.
SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS AND THE SPEAKERS OF THE TRUTH HAS NO FRIEND, SO I'M NOT EXPECTING YOU TO BE MY FRIEND. IT'S ONLY THE TRUTH THAT CAN SET ME FREE.
AND YOU CANNOT REMOVE MY NAME FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE AND DEATH.[/quote]
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by Demmzy15(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
HaykayIsOkay:
[s]I av been following this tread for a time now but I've been watching from the window but its high time I made some correction especially on this comment. first, Jesus said in JOHN 14 VS 26
have said unto you" My questions is how did Mohammed that married Isha at the age of six and deceive his adopted son to married his wife Zainab becomes the holy spirit Jesus was referring to. Secondly The Bible version ( simplicity of vocabulary) so that a child will understand, someone with littke understanding of english will understand and so on but its all the same meaning. i will give different version read it and tell me the different in their meaning but before that our its written in Proverbs 2:10-11 "for wisdom will come into your heart, and
over you, understanding will guard you"quote author=Legbo6 post=44647396]WHY RE WE SO ALWAYS INTERESTING ON WHAT SPEAK MORE TRUTH THAN WHAT WE READ? FROM THE LOOK OF THINGS, THE BOOK CALL QUR'AN SPEAKS MORE CLEAR THAN THE HOLY BIBLE, TRAVEL ROUND THE WORLD, A VERSE IN QUR'AN IS EXPLAINED IN AFRICA, US, UK ASIA AS THE SAME EXPLANATION, AND HAS NEVER BEEN TEMPERED WITH ACCORDING 2 MUSLIMS, BUT BIBLE HAS MANY VERSIONS WHICH IS EXPLAINED IN MANY WAYS AND DIFFERENT EXPLANATIONS, IF YOU GET CLOSE TO MUSLIMS THEN YOU WILL KNOW THEY ARE SERVING TRUE GOD.
PLS GUYS READ YOUR BIBLE VERY WELL EVEN JESUS MADE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT SOMEONE'S COMING AFTER HE HAS GONE, CHRISTIANS PLS WHO IS THAT PERSON?
WE LIVE IN NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA AND I CAN SAY TO YOU WITHOUT FEARS OR FAVOUR THAT ALL THE RELIGIOUS CRISIS YOU SEE TODAY ALWAYS BEGINS BY WE CHRISTIANS, I'M VERY MUCH CLOSE TO THEM BUT ALL I SEE WITH THEM IS THEY DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO WEEKED THEIR BROTHERS.
SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS AND THE SPEAKERS OF THE TRUTH HAS NO FRIEND, SO I'M NOT EXPECTING YOU TO BE MY FRIEND. IT'S ONLY THE TRUTH THAT CAN SET ME FREE.
AND YOU CANNOT REMOVE MY NAME FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE AND DEATH.[/s]
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by HaykayIsOkay(m): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
I av been following this tread for a time now but I've been watching from the window but its high time I made some correction especially on this comment. first, Jesus said in JOHN 14 VS 26
have said unto you" My questions is how did Mohammed that married Isha at the age of six and deceive his adopted son to married his wife Zainab becomes the holy spirit Jesus was referring to? Secondly The Bible version/translation ( simplicity of vocabulary) so that a child will understand, someone with little understanding of English will understand and so on but its all the same meaning. You are baseless in your point, I will give different version read it and tell me the different in their meaning but before that our its written in Proverbs 2:10-11 "for wisdom will come into your heart, and
over you, understanding will guard you"
Legbo6:
WHY RE WE SO ALWAYS INTERESTING ON WHAT SPEAK MORE TRUTH THAN WHAT WE READ? FROM THE LOOK OF THINGS, THE BOOK CALL QUR'AN SPEAKS MORE CLEAR THAN THE HOLY BIBLE, TRAVEL ROUND THE WORLD, A VERSE IN QUR'AN IS EXPLAINED IN AFRICA, US, UK ASIA AS THE SAME EXPLANATION, AND HAS NEVER BEEN TEMPERED WITH ACCORDING 2 MUSLIMS, BUT BIBLE HAS MANY VERSIONS WHICH IS EXPLAINED IN MANY WAYS AND DIFFERENT EXPLANATIONS, IF YOU GET CLOSE TO MUSLIMS THEN YOU WILL KNOW THEY ARE SERVING TRUE GOD.
AND YOU CANNOT REMOVE MY NAME FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE AND DEATH.
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by dreamsworldof1: 5:10am On Dec 16, 2022
100% false article made by nairaland forum
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by dreamsworldof1: 5:11am On Dec 16, 2022
The “Samaritan” error in the Qur'an can be traced to Judeo-Christian attitudes provided by a prima facie consideration of the Old Testament material. Even after the advent of critical biblical scholarship, it was supposed that the picture of the Samaritans as a people of mixed race and religion, as provided in II Kings 17, was for all intent and purposes an accurate one. A prime example comes from the 1898 edition of James Hastings’ A Dictionary Of The Bible. In the article "Samaria, Territory Of" by C. W. Wilson, the description of the Samaritans is given as:

In 2 K 17:29 these colonists are termed 'Samaritans.' Josephus says... that they were called Cuthaeans in Hebrew, from Cuthah, the city of their origin... and he regarded the Samaritans of his day as their descendents. The Cuthaeans and others brought their national gods, an act which was believed to have brought on them the vengeance of God of the land.[1]

Descriptions of Samaritans worshipping an admixture of gods owe a great deal to later day Jewish polemics, in particular, that arising from Josephus’ Antiquities as well as from the Old Testament itself. It is not surprising that the views concerning the Samaritans origins also positively influenced in a different way the anti-Islamic polemics in the West in the beginning of the 20th century CE. For example, while discussing the mention of al-Samiri in the Qur'an, Henri Lammens stated that:

"the most glaring anachronisms" is "the story of the Samaritan (sic) who is alleged to have made the Jews worship the golden calf..."[2]

That these claims have literally pullulated amongst the Christian missionaries is something of an understatement. For example, Anis Shorrosh says:

The Qur'an says the golden calf worshipped by the Israelites in the wilderness was molded by a Samaritan... In fact, the term Samaritan was not used until 722 BC, several hundred years after the events recorded in Exodus.[3]

Ergun Mehmet Caner and Emir Fethi Caner, presumably quoting Shorrosh, say:

The Qur'an says that the golden calf worshipped by the Israelites at Mount Horeb was molded by a Samaritan. The term Samaritan was not coined until 722 B.C., several hundred years after the Exodus, when the idol was crafted.[4]

Similar claims have been made by Mateen Elass who says:

As-Samiri is not a proper name as the definite article before the hyphen makes clear. Most Muslim scholars understand this term to mean "the Samaritan," but this is problematic since the Samaritans were not constituted as a separate people until after the deportation of the northern tribes of Israel under the Assyrian empire, some five hundred or more years after the golden calf incident.[5]

Gleason Archer in the section "Anachronism and Historical Inaccuracies in the Koran" finds difficulty in the explanation offered by Yusuf Ali for the word al-Samiri in the Qur'an. Archer says:

Yusef Ali suggests that Samariyyu may have been an Egyptian name meaning "stranger, foreigner," or possibly a Hebrew term derived from Shomer ("watchman"wink - in a valiant effort to avoid the charge of anachronism. Samaritan did not come into being as a race until after the 6th century B.C., and so there could have been no Samaritan around as early as 1445 B.C.![6]

Similar claims were also made by ‘Abdallah ‘Abd al-Fadi,[7] Robert Morey,[8] Daniel Ali and Robert Spencer.[9]

Jacques Jomier, however, offers a different form of argument concerning al-Samiri in the Qur'an. He says:

At the scene of the Golden Calf, a mysterious character appears: he is called the Samaritan (al-Sāmirī). It is hard to know what this word signifies. Some Westerners have seen a connection with the golden calves of Samaria, but this would take us several centuries beyond Moses. In the absence of other documents, one is very hesitant to subscribe such a hypothesis (cf. Qur'an 20. 85-95).[10]

According to Newman, the mention of al-Samiri in the Qur'an is the result of Muhammad's confusion of the “time periods” and transferring “Jewish teachings about Samaritans to a single person.”[11]

Except for Jomier and Newman, almost all these claims can be traced back, whether directly or indirectly, to none but Tisdall – the fountainhead of modern Christian polemic against the Qur'an. In his James Long Lectures on Muhammadanism delivered in 1891-92, Tisdall clearly identified the foundation of his mission, which proceeds from the starting point that Muhammad is a “false Prophet and an Antichrist”[12] and that Islam is a “false and antichristian creed”,[13] beliefs that are now repackaged as part of complex training methodologies delivered in seminaries, missions and churches around the globe today. It is not entirely unexpected then that the “Samaritan” issue appears to be a source of amusement for Tisdall, who notes rather derisively,

But since the city of Samaria was not built, or at least called by that name, until several hundred years after Moses' death, the anachronism is at least amusing, and would be startling in any other book than the Qur'an, in which far more stupendous ones frequently occur.[14]

It is interesting that Tisdall equated the Samaritans with the appearance of the city of Samaria to claim the anachronism. In the same vein, Christian missionaries have claimed that the Qur'an contains a historically impossible narration when it mentions the name al-Samiri which some translate as "the Samaritan" (Qur'an 20:85, 87 and 95). They claim that:

The Qur'an says that the calf worshipped by the Israelites at mount Horeb was molded by a Samaritan (Sura 20:85-87, 95-97). Yet the term 'Samaritan' was not coined until 722 B.C., which is several hundred years after the events recorded in Exodus. Thus, the Samaritan people could not have existed during the life of Moses, and therefore, could not have been responsible for molding the calf.

The claim of the Christian missionaries concerning the origin of the Samaritans rests on the events mentioned in II Kings 17. We will begin by discussing the claims of the Christian missionaries that II Kings 17 describes the origins of Samaritans. What do the scholars of Samaritan studies say about the claim that II Kings 17 accurately describes the origins of the Samaritans? This will be discussed along with the usage of the terms "Samaritan" and "Samarian" in light of recent historical investigations. Finally, we will also consider recent scientific studies examining the principal characteristics of the Samaritan and Jewish genetic composition, in order to confirm if there is indeed any shared ancestry.
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by rolams(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2022
truthman2012:

I have said it, that you islamists would come with lies.

[Qur'an 20:85-88 Yusufali]

85 (Allah) said: "We have tested thy people in thy absence: the Samiri has led them astray."

86. So Moses returned to his people in a state of indignation and sorrow. He said: "O my people! did not your Lord make a handsome promise to you? Did then the promise seem to you long (in coming)? Or did ye desire that Wrath should descend from your Lord on you, and so ye broke your promise to me?"

87. They said: "We broke not the promise to thee, as far as lay in our power: but we were made to carry the weight of the ornaments of the (whole) people, and we threw them (into the fire), and that was what the Samiri suggested.

88. "Then he brought out (of the fire) before the (people) the image of a calf: It seemed to low: so they said: This is your god, and the god of Moses, but (Moses) has forgotten!"

Is Samiriyu the same as Samarian/Samaritan?

The translator would have simply wrote Samaritan or Samarian rather than Samiri if that is the translation of the word.
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by AntiChristian: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2022
dreamsworldof1:
The “Samaritan” error in the Qur'an can be traced to Judeo-Christian attitudes provided by a prima facie consideration of the Old Testament material. Even after the advent of critical biblical scholarship, it was supposed that the picture of the Samaritans as a people of mixed race and religion, as provided in II Kings 17, was for all intent and purposes an accurate one. A prime example comes from the 1898 edition of James Hastings’ A Dictionary Of The Bible. In the article "Samaria, Territory Of" by C. W. Wilson, the description of the Samaritans is given as:

In 2 K 17:29 these colonists are termed 'Samaritans.' Josephus says... that they were called Cuthaeans in Hebrew, from Cuthah, the city of their origin... and he regarded the Samaritans of his day as their descendents. The Cuthaeans and others brought their national gods, an act which was believed to have brought on them the vengeance of God of the land.[1]

Descriptions of Samaritans worshipping an admixture of gods owe a great deal to later day Jewish polemics, in particular, that arising from Josephus’ Antiquities as well as from the Old Testament itself. It is not surprising that the views concerning the Samaritans origins also positively influenced in a different way the anti-Islamic polemics in the West in the beginning of the 20th century CE. For example, while discussing the mention of al-Samiri in the Qur'an, Henri Lammens stated that:

"the most glaring anachronisms" is "the story of the Samaritan (sic) who is alleged to have made the Jews worship the golden calf..."[2]

That these claims have literally pullulated amongst the Christian missionaries is something of an understatement. For example, Anis Shorrosh says:

The Qur'an says the golden calf worshipped by the Israelites in the wilderness was molded by a Samaritan... In fact, the term Samaritan was not used until 722 BC, several hundred years after the events recorded in Exodus.[3]

Ergun Mehmet Caner and Emir Fethi Caner, presumably quoting Shorrosh, say:

The Qur'an says that the golden calf worshipped by the Israelites at Mount Horeb was molded by a Samaritan. The term Samaritan was not coined until 722 B.C., several hundred years after the Exodus, when the idol was crafted.[4]

Similar claims have been made by Mateen Elass who says:

As-Samiri is not a proper name as the definite article before the hyphen makes clear. Most Muslim scholars understand this term to mean "the Samaritan," but this is problematic since the Samaritans were not constituted as a separate people until after the deportation of the northern tribes of Israel under the Assyrian empire, some five hundred or more years after the golden calf incident.[5]

Gleason Archer in the section "Anachronism and Historical Inaccuracies in the Koran" finds difficulty in the explanation offered by Yusuf Ali for the word al-Samiri in the Qur'an. Archer says:

Yusef Ali suggests that Samariyyu may have been an Egyptian name meaning "stranger, foreigner," or possibly a Hebrew term derived from Shomer ("watchman"wink - in a valiant effort to avoid the charge of anachronism. Samaritan did not come into being as a race until after the 6th century B.C., and so there could have been no Samaritan around as early as 1445 B.C.![6]

Similar claims were also made by ‘Abdallah ‘Abd al-Fadi,[7] Robert Morey,[8] Daniel Ali and Robert Spencer.[9]

Jacques Jomier, however, offers a different form of argument concerning al-Samiri in the Qur'an. He says:

At the scene of the Golden Calf, a mysterious character appears: he is called the Samaritan (al-Sāmirī). It is hard to know what this word signifies. Some Westerners have seen a connection with the golden calves of Samaria, but this would take us several centuries beyond Moses. In the absence of other documents, one is very hesitant to subscribe such a hypothesis (cf. Qur'an 20. 85-95).[10]

According to Newman, the mention of al-Samiri in the Qur'an is the result of Muhammad's confusion of the “time periods” and transferring “Jewish teachings about Samaritans to a single person.”[11]

Except for Jomier and Newman, almost all these claims can be traced back, whether directly or indirectly, to none but Tisdall – the fountainhead of modern Christian polemic against the Qur'an. In his James Long Lectures on Muhammadanism delivered in 1891-92, Tisdall clearly identified the foundation of his mission, which proceeds from the starting point that Muhammad is a “false Prophet and an Antichrist”[12] and that Islam is a “false and antichristian creed”,[13] beliefs that are now repackaged as part of complex training methodologies delivered in seminaries, missions and churches around the globe today. It is not entirely unexpected then that the “Samaritan” issue appears to be a source of amusement for Tisdall, who notes rather derisively,

But since the city of Samaria was not built, or at least called by that name, until several hundred years after Moses' death, the anachronism is at least amusing, and would be startling in any other book than the Qur'an, in which far more stupendous ones frequently occur.[14]

It is interesting that Tisdall equated the Samaritans with the appearance of the city of Samaria to claim the anachronism. In the same vein, Christian missionaries have claimed that the Qur'an contains a historically impossible narration when it mentions the name al-Samiri which some translate as "the Samaritan" (Qur'an 20:85, 87 and 95). They claim that:

The Qur'an says that the calf worshipped by the Israelites at mount Horeb was molded by a Samaritan (Sura 20:85-87, 95-97). Yet the term 'Samaritan' was not coined until 722 B.C., which is several hundred years after the events recorded in Exodus. Thus, the Samaritan people could not have existed during the life of Moses, and therefore, could not have been responsible for molding the calf.

The claim of the Christian missionaries concerning the origin of the Samaritans rests on the events mentioned in II Kings 17. We will begin by discussing the claims of the Christian missionaries that II Kings 17 describes the origins of Samaritans. What do the scholars of Samaritan studies say about the claim that II Kings 17 accurately describes the origins of the Samaritans? This will be discussed along with the usage of the terms "Samaritan" and "Samarian" in light of recent historical investigations. Finally, we will also consider recent scientific studies examining the principal characteristics of the Samaritan and Jewish genetic composition, in order to confirm if there is indeed any shared ancestry.

The Qur'an mentioned that As-Saamiri[/b]has led the people of Moosaa (Moses) astray, bearing in mind that the city of [b]Saamirah (Samaria) to whom he is attributed as they claim was founded a long time after him. But they did not know that As-Saamiri is not attributed to this town, rather he is attributed to one Israelite tribe called As-Saamirah. It was also said that he was an infidel from Karman and his name was Moosaa Ibn Thafar. Anyway according to both interpretations, he is not attributed to the town of Saamirah (Samaria)!
Re: Clear Error In The Qur'an: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake by MrCodeSolo: 7:15am On Jan 02, 2023
the holy Qur'an is right & divine....there is no effect without a cause
for a root to grow many branches with leaves some seeds must first be planted on the ground, what I'm saying is their true existence and nature branded them the name and has been in the form of a seed cast to bring forth many fruits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective / What Are The Defects That Must Be Disclosed To A Potential Marriage Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.