Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark (679 Views)

Agatu Massacre: It’ll Never Happen Again, IGP Assures Reps / Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark by Nnabugwu8590: 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Former Senate President, David Mark, has
lamented the attacks and destruction of
lives and properties in Agatu Local
Government Area of Benue State by armed
men suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.
Mark, according to a statement by his
Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Paul Mumeh,
stated this while on assessment tour of the
war ravaged communities along with some
members of the National and state
Assembly from his Benue South
constituency.
He urged security operatives to do all that is
needed to bring the perpetrators to book.
The Senator was of the view that the
attacks could not have happened by
accident but suspected a planned and
orchestrated genocide against his people in
Agatu.
He lamented that about 10 communities
were razed while no fewer than 500 lives
had been lost to the recent hostilities.
Some of the villages visited by Mark and his
team, the statement added, had been
deserted and virtually turned into ghost
towns.
He said, “I am shocked beyond words at the
extent of destruction I have seen here in
Agatu today. This is unbelievable. It is
unimaginable.
“Nothing whatsoever justifies this brazen
act of destruction meted out on the people
of Agatu. My heart bleeds.”
The statement noted that there were no
social or economic activities in the villages.
It also noted that all the primary and post
primary schools, health centres, and
worship centres as well as the police
station in the area were burnt in the attack.
“What is left of a hitherto boisterous Agatu
communities of Aila, Akwu, Adagbo,
Okokolo, Ugboju, Odugbeho, Ogbaulu, Egba
and Obagaji are the debris of the
wreckage,” it added.
Mark, however, told the survivors of the
attacks to remain calm and law abiding no
matter the level of provocation. He assured
them that the government would intervene
to bring succour to them.
He advised the people to take advantage of
the proposed public hearing by the senate
committee on security and National
intelligence on the crisis, to bring the
matter to public domain and seek redress.
www.punchng.com/agatu-massacre-genocide-people-says-mark/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark by utenwuson: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
mark
Re: Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark by baby124: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
You better arm your farmers. Who won't want benue, the land is lush. If cattle rearers can be armed, then farmers have every right to be armed. Government is doing nothing about disarming the cattle herders so arm your farmers with automatic weapons, and give them military training.

1 Like

Re: Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark by oduastates: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Shocking , shocking , shocking .
Despicable acts of terrorism .
Either the niger delta militants or these fulani terrorist are going to lead to the eventual break up of this country .
Harding cattle around in the 21st century is the definition of backwardness ?
For me , I am not going to miss anything about a failed country .
When questions about the sovereignty of nigeria was asked in the past , it must be noted that people like David mark and benue state elites always vote for one nigeria.
Like someone noted earlier , it did not start today . In fact , the negligence of the last government made them more daring And David Mark was a big part of that corrupt and incompetent government
Re: Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark by playahata: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
As senate president no. 3 man in the country,what did you do? It's now your party is no longer the ruling party that you want to change things! Evil people

(1) (Reply)

Economy: APGA Would Have Done Better Than Apc’s Buhari – Oye / Kogi Needs Liberation Now By Petra Akinti Onyegbule / 6 Most Important Things Buhari Said In Highly Powered Meeting With APC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.