Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? (1353 Views)

Is It A Sin For A Married Woman To Be Using Contraceptives? / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Risks Of Contraceptives-write Your Own Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Davedavy: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
The late ace comedian Mohammed Danjuma once told a joke about the definition of faith. He said one of the definitions is the belief by a husband that the children his wife gave him are actually his.

While many would have found the joke crude, it is in fact a stark reality in marriage as many women literarily bring pregnancies for their husbands claiming it belongs to them.

However, these days for those randy wives, contraceptives which many women find a blessing, (helping them to plan their family and not just be a baby factory) also help them to ‘eat their cake and still have it.
So who is going for contraceptives…and why? The answers are as diverse as controversial.
ODEBIYI TOYIN
No, I won’t, on the fact that our body system varies from one another. It always has a negative effect on people. Some, after using it will not be able to conceive not until after several years. Some women might want to have a break in child bearing and will be unable to reverse the process.
MRS. EBULIE
Using of contraceptives, I believe is no sin or crime, especially for married women.
I can use it, provided I’ve had enough children for my husband and we have decided to settle for family planning. Contraceptives are meant for women who want to go in for family planning. Why raise so many children you don’t have the ability and resources to cater for? The use of contraceptive here is only meant for married women alone, aside this, it is an abuse and a risk for those who are unmarried; it could hinder or reduce their chances of having children in future or later when they expect one.

So, it is not advisable for young ladies or spinsters to use. They come in various ways and types: we have the pills, injection, the gel; there is one in a cone shape. The gel and injection prevents pregnancies by killing the sperm. Does not allow the sperm and egg fertilize.
But if a married woman would use anything to prevent her from getting pregnant, there are things she can do: the female condom helps as much a male condom; although the female condom is not very common but the easiest method, convenient way to prevent such unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.
MRS SIMEON MARY
For what reason would I use any contraceptive?
I am married; I bring forth children which makes me and my family happy. Happiness has turn out to be my life and destiny. Children are gift from the almighty God who created man, for them to multiply on earth, so if I should do that am against the gift of God.
AMOSU ’DOLA
Why would I use a contraceptive? If I want to stop child bearing there are ways to go about it. To me it is not advisable to try your hands on any contraceptive; it could turn out against you later in life. God who created us has reasons why we have to be fruitful and if we now go behind to alter what He has destined for us, it will never remain the same. The word of God says we should be fruitful and subdue the earth; we have to be contented with whatever God does for us. There are many families seeking fruits of the womb; we should rather count ourselves lucky having children.
MRS ROSE KINGSLEY
Well, as for me, I am not interested in any use of contraceptive because, the first reason of marriage is to establish a happy family which is made up of children. So if i should do one, it means I’m destroying my family with my own hands. This could later bring trouble to me and my home because I’m trying to reshape what God had already destined for me and for the gifts He destines for me, (Children). I can't be against the free gift of God.
EGBAMUNO EJIRO
No, I will not accept contraceptives because there are other means of preventing unwanted pregnancies. My husband and I can afford to play safe through other means like withdrawal method or total abstinence from sex.
CHRISTOPHER JOSEPHINE
Yes, I can adopt taking one if I’m not ready for babies. There is nothing wrong with extending the time you are willing to have children, it is left to you and your husband to decide. But for me, I will accept it because I’m not in a rush to have babies because there are things one needs to achieve before babies come in.
MRS. ADEDEJI
This depends on individual and their reason for adopting that method.
For me, I don’t think I’m in love with the idea, no. I believe in natural things, I do not really like whatever has to do with additional services aside what God has done for us naturally.
Children are God’s gift, so adopting a family planning is like telling God you know the best for you. You are telling God that what He has for you is too much and you don’t need as much as He wants for you; in other words, you are telling him to hold the rest while you are satisfied with what you have.
People can never be satisfied with what they have, for example if we need more babies, we know the unrests, sleepless nights we go through. Now God has given in abundance but we still complain, what for? I would say, instead of the family planning, we can control ourselves through other simpler methods, rather than taking so much risk.
MATINA
It is better to follow one’s heart when it gets to the issue of child bearing. I wouldn’t really castigate those who engage in family planning because they best understand their systems. If you take a good look in the society today, you would see several aged couples who still make babies; some when asked would tell you it was a mistake, they never expected any baby. So, in cases where couples cannot stick to their words, they should rather go for counseling and decide what would be of help to them and their health.
MRS. WALE
I don’t have the smallest support for family planning. It could have a future disadvantage.
Remember, there is nothing as natural as what God gives that is why medical parishioners would always say, they only try their best but it is God that gives the perfect healing.
Only those who have had their child birth through series of surgical operation can be advised by doctors to put a halt to having more babies; and this is just for the safety of their lives and their children, aside that, I don’t think it is at all advisable.
Culled from ‘The Sun newspaper’

Nairalanders,what are your views on this matter?what do you think about the use of contraceptives?
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by nezerst(f): 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
I think it is a necessity. Helps 2 limit the number of children u have.
N for peeps that think its a sin, I guess its a lesser sin that abortion.
As fo rthe side effects, u could try withdrawal or simply use condom.
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by spikedcylinder: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
Prevention is better than cure.
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Sissy3(f): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
if you cant support another child, apply common sense and use protection coz eventually the child is one going to suffer
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2009
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Sissy3(f): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2009
no mind them. the children that goes to bed hungry gets to ripe their lack of "common sense" reward
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by UzochiMan: 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2009
As long as we are not promoting the use and abuse of abortion I am okay with it.
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Sissy3(f): 5:11am On Dec 25, 2009
UzochiMan:

As long as we are not promoting the use and abuse of abortion I am okay with it.

contraception is not the same as abortion
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Akebulan: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2009
I dnt mind non invasive contraceptives like condoms, IUDs, and surgical ones. I also dont mind the semi-invasive ones like birth control pills like tetracycline and such. What I have not been able to understand and get comfortable with are the Day-After pills. I dont know how they work pharmacologically and therefore, cant understand if they terminate/ prevent the fertilization of the egg by the spermatozoa or if they prevent the egg from entering into the uterus/travelling up the fallopian tube (I suspect its the former in which case, I'd feel comfortable with using them).
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Akebulan: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2009
chaircover:

Tetracycline is an antibiotic and not a contraceptive

As far as I know, the morning after pill stops pregnancy before it occurs, depending on where the woman is during the cycle. It does not terminate an established pregnancy.
You're right about Tetracycline. It is an antibiotic, not a BCP. Thanks. Okay, see this is where it gets confusing. What is an "established pregnancy"? At what point, do you consider it to be extablished?
Akebulan:

I dnt mind non invasive contraceptives like condoms, IUDs, and surgical ones. I also dont mind the semi-invasive ones like birth control pills like tetracycline[color=#990000][/color] Alesse and such. What I have not been able to understand and get comfortable with are the Day-After pills. I dont know how they work pharmacologically and therefore, cant understand if they terminate/ prevent the fertilization of the egg by the spermatozoa or if they prevent the egg from entering into the uterus/travelling up the fallopian tube (I suspect its the former in which case, I'd feel comfortable with using them).
smiley
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Akebulan: 10:51am On Dec 26, 2009
chaircover:

Dont worry we all make mistakes wink

I'm not an expert o! so I may be wrong, however my understanding is that pregnancy begins when the egg has been fetilised and the embryo has implanted in the womb.
Oh but it isnt even an expert/amateur thing at all. Everyone seems to have their own perception of when a pregnancy actually becomes one (lol). Thanks for your opinion. I'm yet to decide on mine
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by coolier(f): 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
It makes sense to prevent unwanted pregnancies and children.
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by redsky1: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
some of the responses in the first box are so bush and ignorant it makes me mad. so women should do family planning and after having 12 kids u will now come to me to pay ur kids school fees.

these women are an embarrassment. where is the evidence that the pill affects ur fertility.
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by queenesthr(f): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
I wonder where they got those bush women in the first post?
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Sissy3(f): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2009
queenesthr:

I wonder where they got those bush women in the first post?

sadly there are many of them bush women" everywhere even in the so called developed countries
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by mamagee3(f): 2:12am On Dec 29, 2009
It's worthless. angry angry
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by Sissy3(f): 2:20am On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

It's worthless. angry angry

whats is worthless birth control or what
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by 28Schweet(f): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2009

Akebulan - non invasive IUD, I might be wrong, but my understanding is that an IUD is pretty invasive, I mean it chills in a womans womb for 1-5 years to prevent pregnancy, now if your talking about diaphragms, cervical caps, then i suppose that's non invasive  grin, an established pregnancy would be one where the foetus has a heart beat, e.g. @ 6 weeks,  1-6 weeks is just the sac and fertilized cells that are looking to grow.

& just by the by, contraception mustn't only be the woman's concern.
Re: What Is Your View On The Use Of Contraceptives? by ifyalways(f): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
It prevents lots of stress and heartache.Use it if u are not ready for 'em babies.

(1) (Reply)

Help! He Chews While Asleep / Woman Poisoned Herself Due To Spouse Infidelity;family Wants His Head / The Husband And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.