Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

New Zealand Skilled Worker Category - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category (112117 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by kennedychinedu: 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
fizzile:
Wasted a year on NZ application until i got to know about Canada which i applied and got it.
I am starting the nz own and i already have headache. please can you send me the canada link if you have it. let me see whether the process is less demanding. But you are lucky oh, i thought canada was more difficult than new zealand.

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by fizzile(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
kennedychinedu:

I am starting the nz own and i already have headache. please can you send me the canada link if you have it. let me see whether the process is less demanding. But you are lucky oh, i thought canada was more difficult than new zealand.
Here https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
kennedychinedu:

Please i would need your assistance about this EOI skilled migration app, is there a link for it. and please how do i go about the education pre assesment. thank you
I haven't been on that thread for a very long time.Plz every information you need is outlined in the 1st ten pages of the thread by me or another contributor.I can't say much about the EOI especially the skilled migration there may have been lots of change in policies which I am not acquitted to.you can as well google most of the links.thank you.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yogun(f): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
hartson:
I haven't been on that thread for a very long time.Plz every information you need is outlined in the 1st ten pages of the thread by me or another contributor.I can't say much about the EOI especially the skilled migration there may have been lots of change in policies which I am not acquitted to.you can as well google most of the links.thank you.

@hartson

so good to read from you after so long. I was about to embark on the NZ PR journey with 100 points score when I started reading this thread. Sadly, there's no one who has been selected from here how much less my humble score.

Were you able to scale through? what are your plans peradventure this route failed.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
yogun:

@hartson

so good to read from you after so long. I was about to embark on the NZ PR journey with 100 points score when I started reading this thread. Sadly, there's no one who has been selected from here how much less my humble score.

Were you able to scale through? what are your plans peradventure this route failed.
nice to hear from you.I gave up along the road,cos the process wasn't so easy as I taught earlier before.Thank you

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yogun(f): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2019
hartson:
nice to hear from you.I gave up along the road,cos the process wasn't so easy as I taught earlier before.Thank you

so what is your next relocation plans? Rural & Northern Canada Immigration is taking off later this year, look it up.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
yogun:

so what is your next relocation plans? Rural & Northern Canada Immigration is taking off later this year, look it up.
A time comes when the zeal or quest to achieve something in life dies but we are always encouraged never to give up but the zeal is dead already.So my quest to move isn't as it use to be in the past.I committed resources & lots of effort yet to no avail.So I decided to melow down.Thanks anyway for the info about urban & rural migration to Canada.

3 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yogun(f): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
hartson:
A time comes when the zeal or quest to achieve something in life dies but we are always encouraged never to give up but the zeal is dead already.So my quest to move isn't as it use to be in the past.I committed resources & lots of effort yet to no avail.So I decided to melow down.Thanks anyway for the info about urban & rural migration to Canada.

Don't ever give up. God will make a way.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2019
Hi Guys, i just got wind of this forum even though i had earlier proceeded with my own process without any help or assistance. See highlights of what i have done so far and where i am presently:

1. Did my assessment and found out i had 165 points.

2. Applied to NZQA for PRE for my Msc qualification only being the highest qualification i am claiming point for and also sat for my IELTS exams.
3. Submitted my EOI on 18th January 2019.

4. Got selected and got my ITA on 23rd of january 2019.

5. I was giving 4 months to submit full applications along with supporting documents.

6. Applied to NZQA for my full qualification assessment for both my Bsc and Msc which took some time due to transcript issues with our Nigeria universities.

7. Applied to NZQA for my wife's qualification assessment too since am claiming points for that also.

8. Did my medicals along with my entire family. Note you only have 2 recommended hospitals in nigeria one in abuja and the other in Lagos.

9. Did my Police clearance at alagbon in Ikoyi. You will get your report same day.

10. Gathered all relevant employment references from all the places i have worked before since am claiming points for over 10 years in my EOI.

11. Marriage certificate.

12. I also have to proof i own my wife using my house address number you both receive correspondences together or individually. photos of important events in your marriage life, Air tickets and Hotels reservation of vacation trip you both went for etc.

13. All other documents as requested in the ITA letter.

14. The document gathering process has eaten deep into the 4 months giving to me but eventually i got everything ready at the nip of time.

15. Submitted my application via DHL on April 25th 2019.

16. My application got to the processing center in Manukau Auckland after the 3rd day.

17. My Application was vetted and lodged into their system on 2nd May 2019.

18. My original IELTS results along with 6 photos were returned back to me by mail. Please note any document you are sending and is not the original must be notarized page by page and not just the front page only.

19. I am currently on queue awaiting my application to be assigned to a Case Officer (CO) which depends on so many factors that is currently responsible for the current delay in visa assignment backlogs issues they are facing now.

The initial process was that it takes up to 4 months before the co will be allocated but i guess am already 4 months today from when my application was lodged. However it could take up to 6 months or more. It obvious many nigerians are not taking up this route but instead using student visa which is still a good option.

Quest to seek others in my situation from nigeria led me to this thread even though i have been in Nairaland forum long enough. I hope my experience so far can inspire others too willing to take my route to start early by taking the first step. Nothing Good comes so easy and i would advise @Hartson not to give up his dream and still give it a chance for the passion to be ignited once again.

Thank and best Regards. I will keep the house updated as i progress further.

12 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
jmakinde:
Hi Guys, i just got wind of this forum even though i had earlier proceeded with my own process without any help or assistance. See highlights of what i have done so far and where i am presently:

2. Applied to NZQA for PRE for my Msc qualification only being the highest qualification i am claiming point for and also sat for my IELTS exams.

5. I was giving 4 months to submit full applications along with supporting documents.

6. Applied to NZQA for my full qualification assessment for both my Bsc and Msc which took some time due to transcript issues with our Nigeria universities.

7. Applied to NZQA for my wife's qualification assessment too since am claiming points for that also.

8. Did my medicals along with my entire family. Note you only have 2 recommended hospitals in nigeria one in abuja and the other in Lagos.

9. Did my Police clearance at alagbon in Ikoyi. You will get your report same day.

10. Gathered all relevant employment references from all the places i have worked before since am claiming points for over 10 years in my EOI.

12. I also have to proof i own my wife using my house address number you both receive correspondences together or individually. photos of important events in your marriage life, Air tickets and Hotels reservation of vacation trip you both went for etc.

14. The document gathering process has eaten deep into the 4 months giving to me but eventually i got everything ready at the nip of time.

16. My application got to the processing center in Manukau Auckland after the 3rd day.

18. My original IELTS results along with 6 photos were returned back to me by mail. Please note any document you are sending and is not the original must be notarized page by page and not just the front page only.

19. I am currently on queue awaiting my application to be assigned to a Case Officer (CO) which depends on so many factors that is currently responsible for the current delay in visa assignment backlogs issues they are facing now.

The initial process was that it takes up to 4 months before the co will be allocated but i guess am already 4 months today from when my application was lodged. However it could take up to 6 months or more. It obvious many nigerians are not taking up this route but instead using student visa which is still a good option.

Quest to seek others in my situation from nigeria led me to this thread even though i have been in Nairaland forum long enough. I hope my experience so far can inspire others too willing to take my route to start early by taking the first step. Nothing Good comes so easy and i would advise @Hartson not to give up his dream and still give it a chance for the passion to be ignited once again.

wow,congratulations in advance.I bet you in no distance time you will come out victorious. Thanks immensely for your encouragment.keep it up.cheers

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by dustydee: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
jmakinde:
Hi Guys,

12. I also have to proof i own my wife
using my house address number you both receive correspondences together or individually. photos of important events in your marriage life, Air tickets and Hotels reservation of vacation trip you both went for etc.

Ah! shocked Shey dem well so? I hope this is a typo.
wink
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
jmakinde:

Congratulations
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by pawsofdikeje(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2019
I decided to follow the NZ visa process even though it requires me getting an employment opportunity. Presently, this are the steps i have taken

1. I applied with Newzealand institute of Quantity surveyor and i was approved a student membership. Any QS can read up the process on their website.
2. I just applied for skilled assessment with NZQA which i submitted on 3/09/2019. My application has been accepted while i wait for their response in next 25 working days.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by pawsofdikeje(m): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2019
Whats the name of the hospital in Lagos.

jmakinde:

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
Dr Fatai Williams Hospital (FWH) off AdeTokunbo Ademola Street V/I lagos

pawsofdikeje:
Whats the name of the hospital in Lagos.

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Goodman25: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
Good day,

Please i will like to know which course you study and the skill you were nominated for. I studied Engineering and have been working in the banking industry in branch operations for more than 10 years.

jmakinde:

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
Goodman25:
Good day,

Please i will like to know which course you study and the skill you were nominated for. I studied Engineering and have been working in the banking industry in branch operations for more than 10 years.

I studied computer science with economics and have masters in information technology. skill nominated for ICT business Analyst.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by config: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2019
jmakinde:

I studied computer science with economics and have masters in information technology. skill nominated for ICT business Analyst.

@Jmakinde Did you submit your qualification to IPENZ for assessment, if so how many years skilled experience was in the outcome on your letter.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Goodman25: 7:26am On Sep 07, 2019
I studied metallurgical engineering and master in risk management with more than 10 years banking experience. Under which skill do you think I can apply. I can't find anything on the long time skill shortage list. Will appreciate your response. Thanks.

jmakinde:

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2019
Goodman25:
I studied metallurgical engineering and master in risk management with more than 10 years banking experience. Under which skill do you think I can apply. I can't find anything on the long time skill shortage list. Will appreciate your response. Thanks.

IF you can't find it there it means it's not listed. Your course does not really matter but your work experience. Is your current work listed? If not then may be you need to explore other options of migrating to the country since SMC is not looking like an option for you for now.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 9:01am On Sep 07, 2019
jmakinde:

Good Day
Did your wife write IELTS or you provide prove of English language from her university.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 9:31am On Sep 07, 2019
Goodman25:

@Goodman, please check the list here(https://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Firewall02:

Good Day
Did your wife write IELTS or you provide prove of English language from her university.

Yes she did because I am claiming point for her qualifications too. She just need to have a minimum of 6.5 on aggregate.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by pawsofdikeje(m): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2019
For planning sake, can you give an estimate of the medical test cost and also, what are the test required for the application.

jmakinde:
Dr Fatai Williams Hospital (FWH) off AdeTokunbo Ademola Street V/I lagos

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2019
jmakinde:

2. Applied to NZQA for PRE for my Msc qualification only being the highest qualification i am claiming point for and also sat for my IELTS exams..

Good Day Jmakind,

For NZQA assessment do I need to upload my Msc degree certificate and transcript on there portal or send to NZQA New Zealand office.

Thanks.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Maliza45: 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
Good evening all, pls can one with 3rd class apply for a master program in new Zealand is it possible?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by akinshokun: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hi Jmakinde and The Nairaland Family,

I am also a quiet observer in this thread.

I am presently in step 8.

I would like to know if I can do the medicals and police clearance while my NZQA IQA assessment is completed.

My Wife's NZQA preliminary assessment is ready.

I am trying to avoid all delays possible.

I am also a Functional Consultant under the skill Shortage of ICT Business Analyst with over 10 years of experience ..

jmakinde:

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Firewall02: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
akinshokun:
Hi Jmakinde and The Nairaland Family,

I am also a quiet observer in this thread.

I am presently in step 8.

I would like to know if I can do the medicals and police clearance while my NZQA IQA assessment is completed.

My Wife's NZQA preliminary assessment is ready.

I am trying to avoid all delays possible.

I am also a Functional Consultant under the skill Shortage of ICT Business Analyst with over 10 years of experience ..

@Akinshokun have you gotten ITA, if so medicals and police clearance can be done in a day.

Your worry should be getting below documents ahead of time:

References on company letterhead - from previous employers.
Pay slips.
Letters of appointment/promotion.
Third party evidence (tax records) to proof your years of experience
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by akinshokun: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2019
@Firewall02
Thanks for the swift response

I have References from all company till date I have been engaged with per time

Payslips of some

Letter of Appointment

I don't have a tax record's of all them ....

What stage 're U ?

Firewall02:

@Akinshokun have you gotten ITA, if so medicals and police clearance can be done in a day.

Your worry should be getting below documents ahead of time:

References on company letterhead - from previous employers.
Pay slips.
Letters of appointment/promotion.
Third party evidence (tax records) to proof your years of experience
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yungmin: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2019
jmakinde:

Do you think your masters degree increased your score?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
yungmin:

Do you think your masters degree increased your score?

Yes. Without my masters I wouldn't have made the required points. If you are younger your first degree will suffice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by jmakinde(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
akinshokun:
@Firewall02
Thanks for the swift response

I have References from all company till date I have been engaged with per time

Payslips of some

Letter of Appointment

I don't have a tax record's of all them ....

What stage 're U ?

Don't worry your self on that for now. Just gather other necessary documents, do your medical and police clearance and send your application. After that fo ahead and get your tax clearance ready per adventure it's further required by your CO then you won't difficulties in presenting it. I did not send mine but am already processing all my tax clearance as far back as I can get. Best of luck too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lockdown Ease: What 3rd Mainland Bridge Looks Like This Morning / The Sleeping Lady Mountain In Alaska: Real Or Fake? (Photo) / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.