Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:55 PM

New Zealand Skilled Worker Category - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category (111253 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
yomifowe:
Hello everyone, where is everyone?
I intend to apply for this program, however, my IELTS expires in August, and i have about 5 yrs experience in Network Administration... can i still apply?

Pls reply.
In addition to Mr Kayode's quote,you get nil point for English language ability with respect to NZ EOI but the main fact is that you must posses a valid IELTS test report before submitting an EOI.You have less than 2 months to the expiration of your test report quickly run through the skills shortage list and find if your skill is listed then come back and tell us.I don't have time now if not I would have assisted in doing that

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 12:55am On Jul 15, 2016
Thank you very much for the addendum Hartson. Greatly appreciated.

hartson:
In addition to Mr Kayode's quote,you get nil point for English language ability with respect to NZ EOI but the main fact is that you must posses a valid IELTS test report before submitting an EOI.You have less than 2 months to the expiration of your test report quickly run through the skills shortage list and find if your skill is listed then come back and tell us.I don't have time now if not I would have assisted in doing that
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
Thank you very much for the addendum Hartson. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks very plenty
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks all for the input. Yes I've checked and my occupation Network Administrator is on the list. Pls how can I go about it and apply before my scores expire in August.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2016
yomifowe:
Thanks all for the input. Yes I've checked and my occupation Network Administrator is on the list. Pls how can I go about it and apply before my scores expire in August.
Hope your bandscore is up to 6.5 or above
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Have you checked if your occupation requires licensing too?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by zeusaqua: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2016
hartson:

I doubt if it will be possible to run a full explanation on how to fill the SMC-EOI online cos of the nature of the application.The point is to start wherever you find difficult at any stage then you can ask questions here for possible answers.

Have you started the online EOI application already?

Anyway,here are few tips.

Create an account via this https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/secure/Login+Skilled+Migrant.htm

When that is done,start filling the application.Make sure the wrong information indentifer is checked.you can check it top leftside of the app page.

Fill in your details accordingly,for every page you completed successfully and validated a yes will appear adjacent to the completed section

Note:any information marked asterix is compulsory of course the indicator will indentify any compulsory field you didn't see or fail to supply the appropriate information.

when you get to the recognised qualification section.

that's where you will have your qualification assessed preliminary using the information you fill in about your qualification.

click on the link for[b] NZQA[/b] to explore the link for that.
At the NZQA portal you create and account and follow the registration prompt.when that is done then access your account to apply for PAR
After you are through with filling all the required information you will be required to pay for the assessment at the end of the 4th page/section.

After 20 working days the outcome will be email to you

Return to your online app to fill the REF number of the PAR and your qualification equivalent.

You can fill the entire online form before you do the PAR or You have it done before you proceed on the next section of the application

Point will be awarded base on age,recognised qualification & years of work experience base on your job.If your job is listed in LTSS list bonus point will be awarded if you get an offer of skilled employement.

If successfull in the entire process,the authorities will commence verification of all your claims before an ITA is issued

Thereafter,you will be compel to do the main assessment's i.e IQA which cost $746 flat with return courier package you add $44 if it does n't increase

Like I said if you encounter difficulty at any stage feel free to ask questions.

Please what is ITA?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2016
zeusaqua:

Please what is ITA?

Invitation To Apply
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
hartson:

Hope your bandscore is up to 6.5 or above

Yes it is. Pls let me know what to do. Tks.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
hartson:
Have you checked if your occupation requires licensing too?

My occupation doesn't require licensing.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by zeusaqua: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
hartson:

Invitation To Apply

Thank you, and more Grace for your good work
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hello everyone. I have checked critically, my occupation is in the skilled shortage list (Network Administrator), however, my degree is B.Sc Biochemistry, although i have the required work experience of 5 yrs above and i have a microsoft certification.
Can i still apply?

Pls reply as i need to apply before my IELTS result expire next month.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by uckennety(m): 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
PLS am a mass comm graduate skilled in construction(brick layer) up to 5yrs now any agent or any1 who can guide me thru D process so I can apply 4 a permanent residency/or process it 4 me
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
I have filled the EOI form and I got the score of 65 shows complete, pending submission. I want to proceed to do PAR for myself and wife, we both have b.sc. can we still make 140 after the PAR? How much is EOI fees?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Truth234(m): 3:18am On Jul 20, 2016
yomifowe:
I have filled the EOI form and I got the score of 65 shows complete, pending submission. I want to proceed to do PAR for myself and wife, we both have b.sc. can we still make 140 after the PAR? How much is EOI fees?

You actually need minimum of 100 points to file EOI
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
Truth234:

You actually need minimum of 100 points to file EOI

OK. Thank you.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

if your total score is still hanging on (70-99) < 100 consider applying for jobs outside Auckland.Job offer in any city outside Auckland gives you a max 30 points to get 100+ point

Cheers
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hartson, could you please give insight into how to secure jobs outside Auckland? It would be of great value to many.

Thanks in anticipation.

hartson:
Hi everyone,

if your total score is still hanging on (70-99) < 100 consider applying for jobs outside Auckland.Job offer in any city outside Auckland gives you a max 30 points to get 100+ point

Cheers
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
yomifowe:
Hello everyone. I have checked critically, my occupation is in the skilled shortage list (Network Administrator), however, my degree is B.Sc Biochemistry, although i have the required work experience of 5 yrs above and i have a microsoft certification.
Can i still apply?

Pls reply as i need to apply before my IELTS result expire next month.

You may have limitation here.NZ is very strict when it comes to matching qualification with skill experience.will get no bonus point because your qualification does not match your area of expertise.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
Hartson, could you please give insight into how to secure jobs outside Auckland? It would be of great value to many.

Thanks in anticipation.

will do that tomorrow to enable me sort out the few job sites I know.
cheers

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
hartson:

You may have limitation here.NZ is very strict when it comes to matching qualification with skill experience.will get no bonus point because your qualification does not match your area of expertise.

Thanks hartson, but i think what i have now will suffice. I already have 65 points. I intend to land overall of 135 points after doing B.Sc PAR for both my wife and I (50ponts and 20 Points-

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello guys.
one baffling thing about the New Zealand Immigration scheme is the fact that, at no point is one required to have a particular amount of money: what the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada calls Proof of Funds (POF).

Is INZ hiding details of prospective immigrant's financial requirements or are they just 101% certain that jobs are available for qualified skilled immigrants not later than one month after their arrival?

Lastly, @hartson, you sounded quite confident about the possibility of a prospective skilled immigrant to secure a permanent employment in non- Auckland areas of NZ... What informed this confidence? Is there no LMIA ( Labour Market Impact Assessment) issues there? Read somewhere that unemployment rate in Christchurch is around 3.3% or so - but that is still a huge chance for an area that is largely deserted because of climatic, environmental and some social issues.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
Etfash:
Hello guys.
one baffling thing about the New Zealand Immigration scheme is the fact that, at no point is one required to have a particular amount of money: what the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada calls Proof of Funds (POF).Yes you are right but it seems will be informed prior to issuing you an ITA or you mail the enquiry dept to get such information.I have not seen where they specify a certain amount as POF

Is INZ hiding details of prospective immigrant's financial requirements or are they just 101% certain that jobs are available for qualified skilled immigrants not later than one month after their arrival?They certainly know how to deal with that.there large volunteer organisations that assist newcomers to settle quickly.One can as well reach out to one's national association in that country for easy settlement also.

Lastly, @hartson, you sounded quite confident about the possibility of a prospective skilled immigrant to secure a permanent employment in non- Auckland areas of NZ... What informed this confidence? Is there no LMIA ( Labour Market Impact Assessment) issues there? Read somewhere that unemployment rate in Christchurch is around 3.3% or so - but that is still a huge chance for an area that is largely deserted because of climatic, environmental and some social issues.
I think they monitor the impact of foreign labour on their labour market very well through the number of ITAs they issue to nationals from abroad.I equally believe that the reason they give 30 points for job offers outside Auckland is to fill in those deserted cities cos it seems majority want to live and work at Auckland.There might likely be high chance of securing an employment offer from those areas.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
In addendum to Hartson's response regarding POF, My brother-in-law's friend just got his NZ PR....He said they did not ask for POF at any point during the entire process.....so my guess is it's not a requirement....let's just pray they continue like this....it'll help a lot of people.

hartson:
I think they monitor the impact of foreign labour on their labour market very well through the number of ITAs they issue to nationals from abroad.I equally believe that the reason they give 30 points for job offers outside Auckland is to fill in those deserted cities cos it seems majority want to live and work at Auckland.There might likely be high chance of securing an employment offer from those areas.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
In addendum to Hartson's response regarding POF, My brother-in-law's friend just got his NZ PR....He said they did not ask for POF at any point during the entire process.....so my guess is it's not a requirement....let's just pray they continue like this....it'll help a lot of people.

Really? No POF? That's goodn news, pray it continues like this o.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2016
That is one good thing about NZ immigration system.They really want migrants to come and live for that reason their immigration requirements is quite flexible I must say.You don't need to posses a fortune before you are considered unlike elsewhere grin grin grin
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by tundechange: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hi guys, thanks to the initiator of & contributors to this thread. I have read the thread from page 1 to 4 and learnt lot.

I have a total point of 105 after filling the points indicator, what is my chance of getting an ITA as the cut off is 140 points and above?

Am I also required to do PAR assessment before submitting an EOI?

What are the chances of getting a job based on my qualification & work experience?

What's the minimum & maximum timeframe to getting a PR?

Thank you.

CC Hartson
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by linaluv: 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
hey guys i want to believe that POF means statement of Account i mean that huge ammount of money deposited at your bank for living expenses
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
@tundechange,
1) You can submit an EOI and may well get selected based on the skills needs in NZ at a specific time. You stand a better chance if you have a graduate spouse or get a job offer though.
2) I think you will be required to do PAR if your qualification was not in any of: NZ, CA, U.S.A, U.K and may be SA.
3) Refer to the links posted by @hartson initially on this page - Unemployment rate is at 5.3% in NZ at the moment.
4) With respect to time frame for getting NZ PR, It is case specific. check: http://www.migrationbureau.com/newzealand/faq.php

I have a total of 140 points (Have a PG qualification and skills in area of absolute skills shortage; my spouse also has a competent level English and a graduate - level cool but i still feel my best bet is to secure employment there first since it is doable.

@hartson, how far; have you paid the requisite charges for submitting your EOI?
The NZ Immigration process still looks easy now.. I hope many of us will take advantage now before things get tougher.
@linaluv, you are correct. I want to add 'explainable' to the fund.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
tundechange:
Hi guys, thanks to the initiator of & contributors to this thread. I have read the thread from page 1 to 4 and learnt lot. My profile is as follows:
OND Accountancy(not necessary)
B.Sc. Business Administration (5yrs Part time) does not matter whether part time or regular)
9 years Banking experience(will get 10 bonus points if skill exp is listed among the skills in high demand)
28 yrs of age(perfect)
Married(Both of you will do qualification assess.(PAR) Provide proof of English Lang ability e.g IELTS(Academic or G.T) min of 6.5 or above and 5.5 for spouse )

I have a total point of 105 after filling the points indicator, what is my chance of getting an ITA as the cut off is 140 points and above?In the absence of Masters or PhD qualification it will be difficult to hit the 140 benchmark

Am I also required to do PAR assessment before submitting an EOI?Yes you are expected to have done the PAR assessment before submitting an EOI cos you will quote the equivalence of the your qualification and the PAR ref Number where appropriate on the EOI online form.

What are the chances of getting a job based on my qualification & work experience?No sure answer to this as it depends on several factors a.is your skill is in immediate & Long term shortage in that country ? b.could be able to secure job offer from any city apart from Auckland e.t.c

What's the minimum & maximum timeframe to getting a PR?(< 6 months)

Thank you.

CC Hartson

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
linaluv:
hey guys i want to believe that POF means statement of Account i mean that huge ammount of money deposited at your bank for living expenses

Yes it is.Proof of fund can as well be refer as SOA(Statement of Account)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Lockdown Ease: What 3rd Mainland Bridge Looks Like This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.