Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

New Zealand Skilled Worker Category - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category (112101 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
Etfash:
@tundechange,
1) You can submit an EOI and may well get selected based on the skills needs in NZ at a specific time. You stand a better chance if you have a graduate spouse or get a job offer though.(Very correct)
2) I think you will be required to do PAR if your qualification was not in any of: NZ, CA, U.S.A, U.K and may be SA.there many other qualifications that are exempted from PAR or IQA pls see Qualifications Exempted there is a link for that
3) Refer to the links posted by @hartson initially on this page - Unemployment rate is at 5.3% in NZ at the moment. Well,very fair in my opinion compare to naija where it is staggering 23.5 if not 50% self grin grin grin
4) With respect to time frame for getting NZ PR, It is case specific. check: http://www.migrationbureau.com/newzealand/faq.php very good

I have a total of 140 points (Have a PG qualification and skills in area of absolute skills shortage; my spouse also has a competent level English and a graduate - level cool but i still feel my best bet is to secure employment there first since it is doable.On point you will get there

@hartson, how far; have you paid the requisite charges for submitting your EOI? not yet still trying to sort out somethings
The NZ Immigration process still looks easy now.. I hope many of us will take advantage now before things get tougher.thats correct
@linaluv, you are correct. I want to add 'explainable' to the fund.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by tundechange: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
Etfash:
@tundechange,
1) You can submit an EOI and may well get selected based on the skills needs in NZ at a specific time. You stand a better chance if you have a graduate spouse or get a job offer though.
2) I think you will be required to do PAR if your qualification was not in any of: NZ, CA, U.S.A, U.K and may be SA.
3) Refer to the links posted by @hartson initially on this page - Unemployment rate is at 5.3% in NZ at the moment.
4) With respect to time frame for getting NZ PR, It is case specific. check: http://www.migrationbureau.com/newzealand/faq.php

I have a total of 140 points (Have a PG qualification and skills in area of absolute skills shortage; my spouse also has a competent level English and a graduate - level cool but i still feel my best bet is to secure employment there first since it is doable.

@hartson, how far; have you paid the requisite charges for submitting your EOI?
The NZ Immigration process still looks easy now.. I hope many of us will take advantage now before things get tougher.
@linaluv, you are correct. I want to add 'explainable' to the fund.

@etfash

Thanks for the swift response. My spouse has a very good score in IELTS and also a graduate level 4-6., If I factor in her academic qualification, my score would be 115 but I don't do that because she would ve to do IQA too. #Managing cost

Secondly, how do u intend to secure a job over there while you are here? I wana follow same route too. Make I be like u grin

Tnx bro
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
tundechange:

@etfash

Thanks for the swift response. My spouse has a very good score in IELTS and also a graduate level 4-6., If I factor in her academic qualification, my score would be 115 but I don't do that because she would ve to do IQA too. #Managing cost

Secondly, how do u intend to secure a job over there while you are here? I wana follow same route too. Make I be like u grin

Tnx bro

My brother.. I registered with a site, got the link through one of the links posted by @hartson earlier, and it led me to a page to log in my credentials as a jobseeker outside NZ. I think it was the third link or so; please try it too.

Also, since there is no POF issues, i intend to employ the services of a recruitment agency, if i have to. I feel it is worth it; with a job offer in a pay range of at least NZ$45,000.00 +, one will be in a good position to pick things up from there grin.

4 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by tundechange: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
@harton, tnx very much for the response.

I guess am d only one to do PAR being the principal applicant?

Both of us will do IQA if our qualifications are not exempted right?

I have done IELTS and scored above there requirement. She will do hers next week too.

Can't WES evaluation suffice for the IQA?

Must I have a job offer before I can submit EOI or I can submit and update later?

Is it possible I get a job offer outside Auckland via websites from here?

Thank you.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by tundechange: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
Etfash:

My brother.. I registered with a site, got the link through one of the links posted by @hartson earlier, and it led me to a page to log in my credentials as a jobseeker outside NZ. I think it was the third link or so; please try it too.

Also, since there is no POF issues, i intend to employ the services of a recruitment agency, if i have to. I feel it is worth it; with a job offer in a pay range of at least NZ$45,000.00 +, one will be in a good position to pick things up from there grin.

OK Baba, will check the job link out. Pls carry me along o as per the recruitment agency matter.

Tnx Bro
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
@Hartson, how much is the EOI in NZD and Naira equivalent? I've finished filling the form, I'm in the process of doing the PAR for my wife and I, and also to reregister for ielts.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2016
@Hartson....is IELTS really compulsory for Spouse? I got L7R7S7W7.5.... Trying not to throw funds that can handle PAR into IELTS account if it's actually possible;

https://www.new-zealand-immigration.com/migrate-to-new-zealand/are-you-eligible-quick-self-check-guide/english-language/

http://www.visabureau.com/newzealand/skilled-migrant.aspx

What i read here makes it look like previous studies in english could pass for IELTS...
What dyu think?.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
@Hartson....is IELTS really compulsory for Spouse? I got L7R7S7W7.5.... Trying not to throw funds that can handle PAR into IELTS account if it's actually possible;

https://www.new-zealand-immigration.com/migrate-to-new-zealand/are-you-eligible-quick-self-check-guide/english-language/

What i read here makes it look like previous studies in english could pass for IELTS...
What dyu think?.

To be on a safer side.I had recommend your spouse sit for the IELTS too there is a clause there.The authorities may demand for IELTS whether you provide another English language proficieny evidence.Thank you
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2016
I see.

Any real hope of securing jobs in NZ from here?

My Qualification/Skill/Profession falls under Future Growth Area (Perfoming Arts and Film) it seems to come with a couple of bonus points just like the Absolute Skill Shortage Professions and qualifications.

hartson:

To be on a safer side.I had recommend your spouse sit for the IELTS too there is a clause there.The authorities may demand for IELTS whether you provide another English language proficieny evidence.Thank you
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by tundechange: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2016
tundechange:
@harton, tnx very much for the response.

I guess am d only one to do PAR being the principal applicant?

Both of us will do IQA if our qualifications are not exempted right?

I have done IELTS and scored above there requirement. She will do hers next week too.

Can't WES evaluation suffice for the IQA?

Must I have a job offer before I can submit EOI or I can submit and update later?

Is it possible I get a job offer outside Auckland via websites from here?

Thank you.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by toye4eva01: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2016
yomifowe:
@Hartson, how much is the EOI in NZD and Naira equivalent? I've finished filling the form, I'm in the process of doing the PAR for my wife and I, and also to reregister for ielts.

Based on what i have seen so far EOI submission is about 530 NZD which is 110,000 NGN. (increasing daily based on dollar fluctuations)

PAR is about 28,000 - 30,000 NGN Per Person

I stand Corrected

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by okezie007(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
Etfash:

Good strategy bro - am inclined towards such. Thus, how much is it to employ the recruitment agency services?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by zeusaqua: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
hartson:
will do that tomorrow to enable me sort out the few job sites I know.
cheers

These Job SITE will help:

* http://jobs.nzpost.co.nz

*http://www.seek.co.nz/jobs/

*http://www.newkiwis.co.nz/global/job_seeker/profile.aspx

*http://www.workhere.co.nz/

i was able to apply for some job vacancy. Just believing God to hear positively from them
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
zeusaqua:

i was able to apply for some job vacancy. Just believing God to hear positively from them
welldone buddy it wil surely end in praise

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2016
toye4eva01:

Based on what i have seen so far EOI submission is about 530 NZD which is 110,000 NGN. (increasing daily based on dollar fluctuations)

PAR is about 28,000 - 30,000 NGN Per Person

I stand Corrected

Yes you are very correct bro. I've done the calculation myself, just to gt a second opinion.

Thanks.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:

What dyu think?.

As an addendum to hartson's response, i was also in this dilemma of either paying for IELTS for my spouse. What i discovered was that, although IELTS is required for your spouse also, there is another way out; you might be required to purchase ESOL (English As Second Language) package, or something like that for dependants above 16 yrs which they will do when you people get to NZ.

You will see the link when you get to the segment of your spouse when filling the EOI.

Although i stand to be corrercted.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Jetspeed: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
I have a UK proffessional qualifications in procurement. Will my qualification be exempted?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Truth234(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
Jetspeed:
I have a UK proffessional qualifications in procurement. Will my qualification be exempted?

Yes, all UK qualifications are exempted.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Jetspeed: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
Truth234:

Yes, all UK qualifications are exempted.

Ok Thanks
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
yomifowe:

As an addendum to hartson's response, i was also in this dilemma of either paying for IELTS for my spouse. What i discovered was that, although IELTS is required for your spouse also, there is another way out; you might be required to purchase ESOL (English As Second Language) package, or something like that for dependants above 16 yrs which they will do when you people get to NZ.

You will see the link when you get to the segment of your spouse when filling the EOI.

Although i stand to be corrercted.
I don't think is another way out Mr.yomifowe.If your spouse fail to get atleast 5.5 bandscore and you insist on submitting the EOI then be ready to purchase ESOL.Have you checked the price?You must pay the money before your arrival I think is cheaper your spouse do the IELTS then aim at getting 5.5 or above.Goodevening
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
zeusaqua:

Welldone Bro for helping with the job links
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
hartson:
I don't think is another way out Mr.yomifowe.If your spouse fail to get atleast 5.5 bandscore and you insist on submitting the EOI then be ready to purchase ESOL.Have you checked the price?You must pay the money before your arrival I think is cheaper your spouse do the IELTS then aim at getting 5.5 or above.Goodevening [/color]

Thanks. Ill look into your suggestion. I was looking at it from another angle. Since the payment from ESOL would before arrival, that wold be added to the overall cost of travelling, which i think wold not be as difficult. That's my thought.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 1:02am On Jul 26, 2016
@Yomi....
Thnx....
I think esol Has to b prepaid. Costs 6000 NZD Or so. Dat amount is Huge. I think Its best to just give ielts Some money n Hope for d best. We will all make it.

Howzit going Hartson?

yomifowe:

Thanks. Ill look into your suggestion. I was looking at it from another angle. Since the payment from ESOL would before arrival, that wold be added to the overall cost of travelling, which i think wold not be as difficult. That's my thought.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
@Yomi....
Thnx....
I think esol Has to b prepaid. Costs 6000 NZD Or so. Dat amount is Huge. I think Its best to just give ielts Some money n Hope for d best. We will all make it.

Howzit going Hartson?

Amen. Thanks MrKayodeoludare for this vital info.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2016
Hello guys.
New Zealand Shores Limited, Immigration consultants located in New Zealand, offers 100% money back guarantee if somebody they represent is denied visa.
I took out time to conduct underground research into the claim and found out they do.

They advise against the use of Recruitment agencies because:
I) Recruitment agencies apply for jobs mainly with the companies who are their clients. That limits the number of companies available to one.
2) Rec. Agencies charge employers a fortune, could be as high as NZ$10,000.00. This in itself makes many companies unwilling, making the recruitment of foreign personnel problematic.

They, Immigration New Zealand, interface between migrants and employers at no extra cost.

Caveat:
It costs about,£2,500.00 in all. I got this info. somewhere. They have not told me the total cost yet. Perhaps, they want me to show some level of commitment by paying an initial NZ$87.00 charge for a detailed, personalized assessment. This fees would be deducted from the total cost later.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello, I wouild like to know the period of validity of PAR and EOI.

I learnt that after submitting EOI and the person's application is not picked after a period of time, the application would have to be submitted again and another fee paid. Is that true?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
yomifowe:
Hello, I wouild like to know the period of validity of PAR and EOI. PAR is just a temporal qualification evaluation it has no validity timeframe it is your full qualification assessment i.e IQA that have 5-6 years validity

I learnt that after submitting EOI and the person's application is not picked after a period of time, the application would have to be submitted again and another fee paid. Is that true?
.If you are not sent an ITA after 6 months of being in the pool.you will submit a fresh application with the appricable fee so it is true
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yomifowe(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
hartson:
.If you are not sent an ITA after 6 months of being in the pool.you will submit a fresh application with the appricable fee so it is true

Thanks Hartson. Thats a huge risk to take up. So there is no need sending EOI in a hurry if you don't have appreciable points.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by revlane: 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
I am following you and hoping for feedback on the New Zealand Shores Limited. I think the £2,500.00 is much oo but if they deliver, i think its worth it. Please provide feedback as soon as you are making progress.

Etfash:
Hello guys.
New Zealand Shores Limited, Immigration consultants located in New Zealand, offers 100% money back guarantee if somebody they represent is denied visa.
I took out time to conduct underground research into the claim and found out they do.

They advise against the use of Recruitment agencies because:
I) Recruitment agencies apply for jobs mainly with the companies who are their clients. That limits the number of companies available to one.
2) Rec. Agencies charge employers a fortune, could be as high as NZ$10,000.00. This in itself makes many companies unwilling, making the recruitment of foreign personnels problematic.

They, Immigration New Zealand, interface between migrants and employers at no extra cost.

Caveat:
It costs about,£2,500.00 in all. I got this info. somewhere. They have not told me the total cost yet. Perhaps, they want me to show some level of commitment by paying an initial NZ$87.00 charge for a detailed, personalized assessment. This fees would be deducted from the total cost later.

What do you guys think?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
revlane:
I am following you and hoping for feedback on the New Zealand Shores Limited. I think the £2,500.00 is much oo but if they deliver, i think its worth it. Please provide feedback as soon as you are making progress.

In other words, I should test the waters ... Okay. lipsrsealed
I haven't made any payments yet. I wrote IELTS recently and hope the scores will push my EE CRS score above 460. If that happens, I may not push INZ any further... I will just try to gather POF here and there. But, if not, which I doubt, I will go ahead and make all the payments.
So, @revlane, I will be holding on for a few days more.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mrkayodeoludare: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pls anyone wit an idea if any naija qualification is exempted from iqa?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
mrkayodeoludare:
Pls anyone wit an idea if any naija qualification is exempted from iqa?
Goodday Mr.Kayode Sorry I have been fluctuating like a pendulum bulb lol.just running helter skelter to meet up with demand of work.

No Naija qualification is exempted from IQA.very bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown Ease: What 3rd Mainland Bridge Looks Like This Morning / The Sleeping Lady Mountain In Alaska: Real Or Fake? (Photo) / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.