Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:06 PM

New Zealand Skilled Worker Category - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category (111249 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by okezie007(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2016
bertoseve:
Oh yes, i've already started using some online job search sites , talking about my qualification and level of experience.. from the PAR results, am on NZ level 7 and i have eleven years full time work experience, i think that is well over what they require
Wow! That's quite well over what they require.. Wish you luck bro
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by bertoseve: 3:51am On Sep 30, 2016
Thanks Bro, i'll need all the luck i can have grin
okezie007:

Wow! That's quite well over what they require.. Wish you luck bro

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by bertoseve: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
I was wandering,i saw somewhere that one will have 3 months within which to take up a job offer, if invited for ITA because of the job offer, how possible is it then to do IQA( supposed to be about 6 months?), medicals & police check within 3 months and take up the job offer.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
alongie024:
@hartson
Kindly see the attached below .When i submit my EOI my NZQA is level 6 ,i applied under skilled migrant scine my NZQA level is not Level 7 on column 3&4 and i did not claim any bonus point on long term skill list .but total point is 140 but my friend who introduce me to New zealand skill immigrant ! his points been deducted and return back into pool. we are both Business Analyst.Kindly share more light on dis ........
Please I'm finding it difficult knowing the points for my certifications, can you helped?

My cert is B. Tech & ACA
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
mohammedmuz:
Hello, Gurus in the house!

Please help me to evaluate my points and eligibility to qualify for NZ PR visa.

Course of Study is on the list - Food Technology (B.Tech)
Age-23: 30 points
Work Experience-4 years

Thanks.

Did u eventually evaluate the points for your certs? I'm finding it difficult to do with the information on their website
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
Atk1nson:

Please I'm finding it difficult knowing the points for my certifications, can you helped?

My cert is B. Tech & ACA
The exact points can only be ascertain when you do the PAR evaluation.They do not evaluate the ACA qualification while most B.Eng outcomes are level 7 qualifications so for B.Tech I don't know what level of qualification it belongs.Thank you
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by 40manlappy: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
hartson:

Bros, I hail o! cheesy

Have you done your PAR?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
hartson:
The exact points can only be ascertain when you do the PAR evaluation.They do not evaluate the ACA qualification while most B.Eng outcomes are level 7 qualifications so for B.Tech I don't know what level of qualification it belongs.Thank you

ok, thanks will do that. I am a accountant by profession, would my B. Tech still garner d set points? It's a degree in chemistry
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
40manlappy:

Bros, I hail o! cheesy

Have you done your PAR?

Yes,I have done PAR? Do I am on the look out for job offer.
I hope things are moving fine with you.Regards
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
40manlappy:

Have you done your PAR?

Yes,I have done PAR? I am on the look out for job offer.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by 40manlappy: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
hartson:
I hail o!

Cool, I am trusting God for a breakthrough soon. Good to know you are making progress.

How long did PAR take and the cost?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
hartson:
I hail o!

Hello @hartson, Congratulations!
Do you have a Master's or phD? If yes, how was it rated? If No, you or anyone else in the house who have sufficient information on the subject matter should please respond.

Furthermore, has anybody secured employment interview(s) with Kiwi companies while still here in Nigeria so far?

Best regards.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=40manlappy post=49944001]

Cool, I am trusting God for a breakthrough soon. Good to know you are making progress.yes,only in him you trust and you will succeed.Like Jonny Walker,keep walking

I think is about a week or so and I paid 138 New Zealand dollars.
How long did PAR take and the cost?[/quot
Have a great time
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Etfash:

Do you have a Master's or phD? If yes, how was it rated? If No, you or anyone else in the house who have sufficient information on the subject matter should please respond.Thanks big boss.my PAR outcome is level 7 for first degree

Furthermore, has anybody secured employment interview(s) with Kiwi companies while still here in Nigeria so far?On my part, i have not

Best regards.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
40manlappy:

Cool, I am trusting God for a breakthrough soon. Good to know you are making progress.yes,only in him you trust and you will succeed.Like Jonny Walker,keep walking

How long did PAR take and the cost?
roughly a week or so and I paid NZ138(N20K) as at Sept last year.

I wish you breakthrough my man.Big ups
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
hartson:

All the best bro. My undergraduate degree is chemistry but my experience is financial consulting, do you think points will be awarded for my qualification?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by 40manlappy: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
hartson:

Wish you same too. Great weekend
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
Atk1nson:

All the best bro. My undergraduate degree is chemistry but my experience is financial consulting, do you think points will be awarded for my qualification?
Thanks.You know what?The authorities do not segregate on qualification evaluation provided you pay the assessment cost therefore they will surely assess your qualification when you enrol for it but the big issue is in your area of expertise.I hope you have checked very well to confirm financial consulting is in-demand job catergory.

N/B:Jobs that are in demand earn bonus points
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
40manlappy:

Wish you same too. Great weekend
cheers man
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by segbas(m): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hello Bosses in the house,

I need a link where some countries were exempted for evaluation or so,

I did my degree in India, I have came across the link before.

Thanks.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by okezie007(m): 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Etfash:

Do you have a Master's or phD? If yes, how was it rated? If No, you or anyone else in the house who have sufficient information on the subject matter should please respond.

Furthermore, has anybody secured employment interview(s) with Kiwi companies while still here in Nigeria so far?

Best regards.
Hmm! Securing an employment interview with Kiwi companies is gonna be like a miracle. Even the few job ads I have come across their requirements is just out of reach - NZ body registration, qualification or experience

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thank you so much @hartson and Okezie007.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 3:04am On Oct 09, 2016
hartson:
Thanks.You know what?The authorities do not segregate on qualification evaluation provided you pay the assessment cost therefore they will surely assess your qualification when you enrol for it but the big issue is in your area of expertise.I hope you have checked very well to confirm financial consulting is in-demand job catergory.

N/B:Jobs that are in demand earn bonus points

thanks bro, it is in-demand. Do you think one should get a job offer before he makes an EOI or the other way around? sorry about my plenty questions
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2016
saw this flow chart somewhere.it might be useful for planning.
goodluck

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Atk1nson:

thanks bro, it is in-demand.Very good Do you think one should get a job offer before he makes an EOI or the other way around? sorry about my plenty questions
No you must not have offer of employement before submitting EOI application.You get automatic ITA if you can mop-up 140 points in total from the information you filled in the online EOI.however,if you unable to hit the cumulative score i.e 140 factors like getting an offer of work will suffice.

Bear in mind that the offer must be from any province except Auckland.The game trick is that most jobs are in Auckland.You are given 30 points for offer outside Auck city.I think their primary aim is to decongest the city and develop other cities.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
Etfash:
Thank you so much @hartson and Okezie007.
My warm regards
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Etfash(m): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello @cconcept. Thank you for the process flow... Could you please post the link? The chart isn't clear.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by segbas(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Please help me out with this

Hello Bosses in the house,

I need a link where some countries were exempted for evaluation or so,

I did my degree in India, I have came across the link before.

Thanks.[/quote]
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Etfash:
Hello @cconcept. Thank you for the process flow... Could you please post the link? The chart isn't clear.
Thank you.

SMC flow chart

3 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Atk1nson(m): 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
hartson:
No you must not have offer of employement before submitting EOI application.You get automatic ITA if you can mop-up 140 points in total from the information you filled in the online EOI.however,if you unable to hit the cumulative score i.e 140 factors like getting an offer of work will suffice.

Bear in mind that the offer must be from any province except Auckland.The game trick is that most jobs are in Auckland.You are given 30 points for offer outside Auck city.I think their primary aim is to decongest the city and develop other cities.

Thanks, I'll give it a try
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2016
Some not so good news here for prospective applicants for skilled migrant category.

Two changes to the Skilled Migrant Category have been announced:

1.The points threshold for automatic selection has been increased from 140 to 160 from 12 October 2016 (regardless of whether an applicant has a job offer)
2.The way applicants show evidence that they meet the minimum standard of English language is changing
Accepted English Language Tests
Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
Occupational English Test (OET)
Cambridge English: First (FCE) and FCE for Schools
Pearson Test of English: Academic (PTE: Academic)

LINK

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Lockdown Ease: What 3rd Mainland Bridge Looks Like This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.