Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

New Zealand Skilled Worker Category - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category (112009 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
cconcept:
Some not so good news here for prospective applicants for skilled migrant category.

Two changes to the Skilled Migrant Category have been announced:

1.The points threshold for automatic selection has been increased from 140 to 160 from 12 October 2016 (regardless of whether an applicant has a job offer)
2.The way applicants show evidence that they meet the minimum standard of English language is changing
Accepted English Language Tests
Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
Occupational English Test (OET)
Cambridge English: First (FCE) and FCE for Schools
Pearson Test of English: Academic (PTE: Academic)

LINK
Hmmm!quite sad.They may have seen upsurge in EOIs that's why they decided to scale up the automatic selection threshold by 20 points.To achieve that point will be a daunting task.

Of course,the change in proof of English ability will further complicate things.The cost to sit for any of this test might be astronomically high even many of us are not familiar with this pattern of tests.
All the same,people will always overcome all of these strigent requirements.Noting spoil
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
segbas:
Please help me out with this

Hello Bosses in the house,

I need a link where some countries were exempted for evaluation or so,

I did my degree in India, I have came across the link before.

Thanks.
Learn to use google search engine for any kind of information.
check here
Qualifications Exempt from Assessment - Immigration New Zealand
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
segbas:
Hello Bosses in the house,

I need a link where some countries were exempted for evaluation or so,

I did my degree in India, I have came across the link before.

Thanks.

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by segbas(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks boss, I have tried google, but due to limited time, dts why I need direct link. offshore thing on Arabian Sea..... = STRESS.... sorry boss.

hartson:

Learn to use google search engine for any kind of information.
check here
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by okezie007(m): 8:52am On Oct 12, 2016
cconcept:
Some not so good news here for prospective applicants for skilled migrant category.

Two changes to the Skilled Migrant Category have been announced:

1.The points threshold for automatic selection has been increased from 140 to 160 from 12 October 2016 (regardless of whether an applicant has a job offer)
2.The way applicants show evidence that they meet the minimum standard of English language is changing
Accepted English Language Tests

Wow! No more IELTS - this is crazy

LINK

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2016
okezie007:

IELTS is still valid.
These other tests are acceptable alternatives
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by okezie007(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2016
cconcept:

IELTS is still valid.
That makes more sense. #TeamIELTS smiley
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2016
segbas:
Thanks boss, I have tried google, but due to limited time, dts why I need direct link. offshore thing on Arabian Sea..... = STRESS.... sorry boss.

Ok my man.Best of luck in all you do.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2016
cconcept:

IELTS is still valid.
Very nice.heaved a sign of relief now
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 9:18am On Oct 12, 2016
I want to suggest you guys focus on places outside Auckland. 30 points could go a long way to push to 160points smiley
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by JERRYMAG4(m): 12:25am On Oct 13, 2016
cconcept:

IELTS is still valid.

Please provide the link where you got this info. Not found anywhere, it is not true. IELTS is no longer acceptable. Please don't twist the news
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by cconcept: 5:05am On Oct 13, 2016
JERRYMAG4:

Please provide the link where you got this info. Not found anywhere, it is not true. IELTS is no longer acceptable. Please don't twist the news

excerpt from LINK

"What is happening with evidence of English language and why?
What was the situation before?

The minimum English language requirement for applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category is an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall score of 6.5 across the four language domains (reading, writing, listening and speaking).

Prior to the 12 October change, immigration officers could also consider a variety of alternative pieces of evidence of English language ability in place of an IELTS score, including:

a recognised qualification where the medium of instruction was English
one year of skilled employment in New Zealand
other evidence that the applicant is a competent user of English (for example the country in which the applicant resides, the nature of their current or previous employment, whether members of the applicant’s family speak English).
In any case, an immigration officer could still require the applicant to provide an IELTS test.

What are the changes about who has to do a test?

People who are invited to apply from 12 October onwards will not be able to use the same alternative evidence of English language in place of a test as previously. The evidence that can be accepted in place of a test will be limited to:

citizenship of Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America provided the applicant has spent at least five years in work or education in one or more of those countries or Australia or New Zealand; or
a recognised qualification comparable to a New Zealand level 7 bachelor’s degree and gained in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America as a result of study undertaken for at least two academic years in one or more of those countries; or
a recognised qualification comparable to a New Zealand qualification at level 8 or above and gained in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America as a result of study undertaken for at least one academic year in one or more of those countries.
People invited to apply before 12 October will not be affected and may still use the alternatives previously in place. They only need to provide what Immigration New Zealand has already requested on the invitation to apply.

What are the changes about what kind of tests Immigration New Zealand will accept?

From 21 November 2016, Immigration New Zealand will accept a wider range of English language tests.

The new tests that INZ will accept are:

Why do the requirements have to change?

The new requirements add clarity to the assessment process. Particularly, the new requirements will:

Give applicants more clarity at the start of the process about whether an English language test will be needed.
Ensure greater consistency in the level of English language of those people approved residence under the Skilled Migrant Category, thereby ensuring all new migrants can settle and fully enjoy their new life in New Zealand as residents.
Expand the acceptable English language tests, allowing many more applicants to have their English language assessed more easily. There are a number of English language testing providers other than IELTS, some of which are more commonly used in some parts of the world."

My understanding is that what was accepted as alternatives to IELTS would no longer (except in certain circumstances,as highlighted in the policy update) be accepted.

Also,check the LINK on the SMC page too,IELTS is still valid

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by spyroxy1(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2016
Thread to follow
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Cecegal: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
Thank You Hartson.

hartson:
have a great evening
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Cecegal: 8:19am On Oct 28, 2016
Any Engineer in the house who has gone through the Pre-Assement and in the process for EOI your help is immediately needed.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2016
Cecegal:
Any Engineer in the house who has gone through the Pre-Assement and in the process for EOI your help is immediately needed.
How may I help you?

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by JERRYMAG4(m): 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys, how can I get someone in New Zealand that can arrange jobs? I am ready to pay. With the new rules of 160 points, one needs a job to click this immigration thing. Please help
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Maraizu19: 8:48am On Dec 03, 2016
Hi. Good morning all. I followed this thread yesterday and all the pages from 1-9. Most of the questions i would have loved to ask has been answered here. Thanks to the initiators. I also appreciate Etfash and Hartson effort. I now have few questions to ask.

1)My elder brother will be the prinicipal applicant. He has been into business for the past 10 years. he is 32 yrs now. He currently does not have a Degree, or any other post secondary Education qaulification. He has only his O level result. Since he doesnt have any university education certificate, can he submit only his WAEC O level for PAR. He also has an experience of over 4 years in poultry farming, can he apply with that as his skill since he doesnt have a poultry farming certificate but he does well in it.(Poultry farming in skill shortage list). NOTE: He is also a graphic designer but he learnt it on his own. his qaulifications falls here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/poultry-farmer/

2) He wants me to be the person he will travel out with. I am 20 yrs. i am a programmer and web developer. I also do not have university education, But i have my certificate from NIIT as a java programmer and mobile APP developer. I also have a web developer certificate from systematics computers. I also have some Online certifications. Which do i submit for PAR together with my O level result? Or do i submit only my O level Result?
My qualifications falls here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/software-and-applications-programmers-nec/

cc HARTSON AND ETFASH
hartson:
How may I help you?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Maraizu19:
Hi. Good morning all. I followed this thread yesterday and all the pages from 1-9. Most of the questions i would have loved to ask has been answered here. Thanks to the initiators. I also appreciate Etfash and Hartson effort.Thank you. I now have few questions to ask.

1)My elder brother will be the prinicipal applicant. He has been into business for the past 10 years. he is 32 yrs now. He currently does not have a Degree, or any other post secondary Education qaulification. He has only his O level result. Since he doesnt have any university education certificate, can he submit only his WAEC O level for PAR. He also has an experience of over 4 years in poultry farming, can he apply with that as his skill since he doesnt have a poultry farming certificate but he does well in it.(Poultry farming in skill shortage list). NOTE: He is also a graphic designer but he learnt it on his own. his qaulifications falls here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/poultry-farmer/ My dear,NZ SMC-EOI assessment is point base so he will likely get no point for qualification which makes it impossible to attain the 160 point to qualify.Beside,NZQA body don't assess WAEC so I will advise he doesn't waste his money doing PAR.His experience still depend on post high school education even the link you mentioned above stated job title as poultry farm manager(i.e at manager level) so it is expected that applicant must posses a master or PhD qualification.

2) He wants me to be the person he will travel out with. I am 20 yrs. i am a programmer and web developer. I also do not have university education, But i have my certificate from NIIT as a java programmer and mobile APP developer. I also have a web developer certificate from systematics computers. I also have some Online certifications. Which do i submit for PAR together with my O level result? Or do i submit only my O level Result?
My qualifications falls here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/software-and-applications-programmers-nec/The same thing I clarified above is applicable to you.Recently,the cumulative points to qualify for an ITA if an applicant successfully submits an EOI rose from 140 to 160 points

cc HARTSON AND ETFASH
have a great weekend

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
JERRYMAG4:
Hi guys, how can I get someone in New Zealand that can arrange jobs? I am ready to pay. With the new rules of 160 points, one needs a job to click this immigration thing. Please help
sorry don't feel left out.Is still not easy to get an arranged employment from Nigeria.recruitment agents based in NZ can help you with that but ready to pay through your nose and sign a contract agreement of no guarantee to secure for you a choice job or they will not be held liable for inability to get you a job after the expiration of the signed contract. In-fact,there are lots pros and cons if you decide to go that way.my own opinion tho.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
40manlappy:
@hartson: Any idea of how much these recruitment agencies charge?
40manlappy,nice to have U,I trust you are doing great.Well,their charge varies base on region,expertise(years of experience)type and condition of job expected,whether job is in regulated or non regulated profession,some are mere lobbyists while some have operational licence from govt.Ultimately, there is always no guarantee whatsoever.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Maraizu19: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
hartson:
have a great weekend

Thanks bro for your time and response. What if another of my Elder brother who is 28yrs, and has his OND be the prinicipal applicant while taking him along? Is OND assessed?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
Maraizu19:

Thanks bro for your time and response. What if another of my Elder brother who is 28yrs, and has his OND be the prinicipal applicant while taking him along? Is OND assessed?
They evaluate OND but you will certainly get very low point for that level of qualification.Remember,eligibility to apply is determined by having 160 points and above.most people with first degree or masters struggle to get that point how much more a low qualification.happy sunday
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by 40manlappy: 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
hartson:
40manlappy,nice to have U,I trust you are doing great.Well,their charge varies base on region,expertise(years of experience)type and condition of job expected,whether job is in regulated or non regulated profession,some are mere lobbyists while some have operational licence from govt.Ultimately, there is always no guarantee whatsoever.

I am doing fine, thanks. Trust you are fine too. Please share the links so that I can read more on this. Cheers
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by hartson(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
40manlappy:

I am doing fine, thanks. Trust you are fine too. Please share the links so that I can read more on this. Cheers

I bookmarked some of the links before but I had issues of virus with my system and it was formatted.I forgot to put down the links before formatting.

give me sometime let me find some of the links and share

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by 40manlappy: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
hartson:

I bookmarked some of the links before but I had issues of virus with my system and it was formatted.I forgot to put down the links before formatting.

give me sometime let me find some of the links and share

Alright bro, will be looking forward to it
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by Maraizu19: 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
hartson:
They evaluate OND but you will certainly get very low point for that level of qualification.Remember,eligibility to apply is determined by having 160 points and above.most people with first degree or masters struggle to get that point how much more a low qualification.happy sunday

Thanks....i Will look for other VISA options that can get him or me a job in New Zealand without Degree. Any suggestion? Main Aim is a visa that can take him/me out of Naija to NZ.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by mohammedmuz: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hello house!

Anyone with positive/successful assessment should post it.
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by JERRYMAG4(m): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
hartson:
sorry don't feel left out.Is still not easy to get an arranged employment from Nigeria.recruitment agents based in NZ can help you with that but ready to pay through your nose and sign a contract agreement of no guarantee to secure for you a choice job or they will not be held liable for inability to get you a job after the expiration of the signed contract. In-fact,there are lots pros and cons if you decide to go that way.my own opinion tho.

Thanks for advice. No retreat no surrender. Struggle continues
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by yungmin: 6:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Pls house, how much does the international qualification assessment (IQA) cost?
Re: New Zealand Skilled Worker Category by JERRYMAG4(m): 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
Why is this thread so dry. Is there no hope with NZ? or have things really gotten so bad with the process? Is there anyone in the house that has sailed through this skill worker category program? Testimonies, please? This will encourage most of us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Lockdown Ease: What 3rd Mainland Bridge Looks Like This Morning / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.